PDA

View Full Version : Raphael Movie Head Mask finished by Monte Ward.

Bmaga123
11-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Just wanted to share some pics of my Raphael movie head mask. I purchased the latex mask as a blank from an artist that had been partially foam filled like an underskull so it can be worn but also keeps its form. I sent the blank off to the very talented Monte Ward who painted and applied the cloth bandana. I think it turned out fantastic. Thanks for looking.

B-Man
11-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Dude that is seriously awesome. Where you gonna display it?

Splint'r
11-28-2014, 04:33 PM
I agree. That is beautiful. Even though the texture isn't totally film accurate, it's definitely a nice touch that adds to it. Really nice. Thanks for sharing. :)

Bmaga123
11-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks guys I need to get a corner shelf to display this guy on :-). As for the paint job on this guy I sent Monte a ton of pics including behind-the-scenes pics of the movie head in a lit room and believe it or not that it exactly how it looks in the film it's just hard to make out because of the darkness of the film but I have a pic that clearly shows it. Thanks again

Splint'r
11-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys I need to get a corner shelf to display this guy on :-). As for the paint job on this guy I sent Monte a ton of pics including behind-the-scenes pics of the movie head in a lit room and believe it or not that it exactly how it looks in the film it's just hard to make out because of the darkness of the film but I have a pic that clearly shows it. Thanks again

You're absolutely right. I just looked over some screen caps from a 1080p copy and you're right. The texture details are spot on. Wonderful work. Are you getting any others?

Bmaga123
11-28-2014, 05:57 PM
You're absolutely right. I just looked over some screen caps from a 1080p copy and you're right. The texture details are spot on. Wonderful work. Are you getting any others?

Thanks buddy and no I cannot afford to get any others unfortunately so I just stuck with my favorite turtle :-)

Bry
11-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Almost afraid to ask how much that set you back. But it looks great!

Bmaga123
11-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Almost afraid to ask how much that set you back. But it looks great!

Actually not to bad it was 250.00 for the blank head than 500.00 plus shipping for Monte to finish so around 765.00 total.

Jephael
11-28-2014, 06:22 PM
I gotta admit, as much as I like this I wish people would do more fan made head sculpts of the other turtles. I've seen a couple Mikeys here and there and maybe one Leo, but never a Donatello. Feels like it's always Raphael.

Bmaga123
11-28-2014, 06:24 PM
I gotta admit, as much as I like this I wish people would do more fan made head sculpts of the other turtles. I've seen a couple Mikeys here and there and maybe one Leo, but never a Donatello. Feels like it's always Raphael.

I totally understand man and Donatello would actually be my second choice so if I do get another it will be him :tcool:

drewizzle88
11-29-2014, 06:01 PM
wow...I have to say, that's one of the coolest TMNT things I've seen!

pennydreadful
11-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Nice! Will you ever wear it for cosplay, or is this strictly display-only?

Bmaga123
11-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Nice! Will you ever wear it for cosplay, or is this strictly display-only?

Display only