PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a new fighting game ?

bushido
12-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Am I the only one who wants a new TMNT fighting game in 2D/3D like Street Fighter 4 or the last Mortal Kombat ? I mean there is a lot of potential : many characters, both are fighters except a few (April, Baxter, Fugitoid...). It can be based on the IDW comic because of the new characters like Alopex, Hold Hob, Koya or Bludgeon.
I think it's more original than a new beat'em up or a new platform game we used to have. I know that won't happen because Activision don't really care and they only made games about the Nick Show because it's more popular.
Out of the shadows was the only exception and it didn't sell well as far as I know. They only care about the kid audience. What do you think ?

Candy Kappa
12-04-2014, 01:43 PM
No, you are probably not the only one.

Powder
12-04-2014, 02:05 PM
You should probably change the title of this thread so other people like me won't think there actually is one coming out. Maybe "Who wants a new fighting game" would be better. :trazz: I got excited for nothin'. :(

bushido
12-04-2014, 02:28 PM
You should probably change the title of this thread so other people like me won't think there actually is one coming out. Maybe "Who wants a new fighting game" would be better. :trazz: I got excited for nothin'. :(

Done ! :twink: Sorry for the false joy...

Davetello
12-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Yeah, that's a great idea m8. The story mode in Mortal Kombat was the best I have played in a game, and I loved how it was separated into chapters for differing characters. I also enjoyed the challenge mode.

I'd love to see a TMNT story mode like that, set either in Mirage, FW, 4kids universe etc. And we could obviously have a challenge mode as well. If they were to do those two things it would be an instant buy. I'm always thinking about a TMNT game set in the Arkham vein, but I hadn't really thought of a one-on-one fighter with a fantastic story mode (i.e. not Smash Up). Thanks for the topic :)

shuriken
12-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Me. A good one based on IDW would be great.

Candy Kappa
12-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Hob would be an awesome brawler.

zodiac brave
12-04-2014, 03:06 PM
that'd be awesome! i was just playing tournament fighter on sega earlier...

bushido
12-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Glad to not be the only one :tsmile:

Yeah, that's a great idea m8. The story mode in Mortal Kombat was the best I have played in a game, and I loved how it was separated into chapters for differing characters. I also enjoyed the challenge mode.

Yes ! I want to see that too ! A story mode like MK, relive the IDW comic story by playing different characters, it could be very cool !

that'd be awesome! i was just playing tournament fighter on sega earlier...

It's difficult for me...I like the snes version but it's too difficult :tsad::tmad:

blindturtle02
12-04-2014, 04:48 PM
I'd love to see a new one. If MK can provide a game with over 30 characters, I feel that TMNT could go for about 50 or more. There are so many characters to choose from. Personally, I'd hope for a tun of villains since I'm a sucker for most of them. Yeah, a huge story mode would rule. The stages should be as numerous as the characters. I really like the interactive environments that NRS did for Injustice. Quite fun to get knocked through a window or whatever. We're seriously overdue for a new TMNT fighter.

snake
12-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Yes. I've been playing Street Fighter 3d a lot recently and a SF styled Tmnt game where every character plays differently would rock. I could probably put together a roster of over 50 characters in no time.

Shark_Blade
12-04-2014, 05:37 PM
TMNT Mortal Kombat style please.

d2KUSGHTk5w

Ninjinister
12-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Considering every major game generation (Konami/Konami II/Ubisoft) have had a fighter of some sort, and I'm a GIANT fan of fighting games (I've played over 100 different ones and it's my favorite genre), I'm super adamant about getting a new one.

DevilSpooky
12-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Would rather have a 3D one in the same style of SoulCalibur but I'm a sucker for TMNT games so I would take either style :P

Ninjinister
12-04-2014, 06:24 PM
I think a 2D fighter (especially if it had visuals like bushido's sig there) would be my most favored angle, but one like SoulCalibur would be a close second.

We discussed an IDW-based fighter in another topic and other than a Multiverse-based one, that's the direction I'd like to see a fighter head. For one, it has more combat-worthy female characters so the game wouldn't be an absolute sausagefest.

I totally have dibs on an audition for a character's voice in an IDW fighter btw.

LeoRaph
12-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Hmmm easy solution... once Viacom has had it's run, sell the franchise to WB :tcool:

Then you can get an Arkham style TMNT, a Mortal Kombat style Fighting Game minus fatalities loaded with Characters, a darker mirage like movie series, a mature live action tv show & a mature mirage like animation series, high quality collectors merchandise as well as having kids versions of an animation series, kid friendly games including a Lego one and merchandise. Just like WB do with DC.

snake
12-04-2014, 08:05 PM
I think a 2D fighter (especially if it had visuals like bushido's sig there) would be my most favored angle, but one like SoulCalibur would be a close second.

We discussed an IDW-based fighter in another topic and other than a Multiverse-based one, that's the direction I'd like to see a fighter head. For one, it has more combat-worthy female characters so the game wouldn't be an absolute sausagefest.

I totally have dibs on an audition for a character's voice in an IDW fighter btw.

Would a SSF4 style be considered 2d? Or would that be a tournament fighters style?

Nameless
12-04-2014, 08:17 PM
not so much a mortal Kombat style game but i'de be thrilled with a new beat'em up style like the old arcade game but a new story and hopefully new bosses.... that said i'm happy with any new TMNT game

oldmanwinters
12-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Hey, this weekend I played a bit of TMNT: Tournament Fighters and enjoyed it... on Genesis!

Sadly, I couldn't remember the pattern to beat Triceraton with Raphael. April and Raph were the only characters I could ever beat the game with. :tgrumble:

Leo656
12-05-2014, 09:49 PM
I'd definitely play one in the same vein as either MK/Injustice or SoulCalibur. I actually made a bunch of TMNT characters in SCIII back in the day. :lol:

We're definitely overdue for one.

shuriken
12-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Hey, this weekend I played a bit of TMNT: Tournament Fighters and enjoyed it... on Genesis!

Sadly, I couldn't remember the pattern to beat Triceraton with Raphael. April and Raph were the only characters I could ever beat the game with. :tgrumble:

Yeah I could only beat it while spamming April's throw and slide attack. I got pretty far with Donnie but that game just straight up cheats man... Plus Karai is one of the cheapest bosses ever, she makes Shao Kahn in MK2 look like a softy.

Kingoji
12-06-2014, 12:57 AM
I always prefered Capcom-style fighters myself. If this were to happen I'd prefer to see it in a Street Fighter 4 "2.5D" style, with perhaps a Tournament Fighters HD as an unlockable extra.

neatoman
12-06-2014, 02:40 AM
Yeah sure why not. Any ideas for a roster?

Slade
12-06-2014, 08:28 AM
I wish. I loved Tournament Fighters. Have it for the SNES still. Played it a few months ago. Only ever actually beat it with Raph and Donnie and maybe War.

Something like this needs to happen.

Davetello
12-06-2014, 08:47 AM

Well, if there's a story mode they might have to limit it to a single universe. Or they could integrate them. Or they could be really generous and create two or three story modes set in differing universes.

Let's assume that they'd be able to create an interesting story mode unifying characters from various universes, as well as making characters interesting fighters with a range of skills.

I'd go with a roster of about 30. I won't duplicate characters based on different iterations because that becomes too confusing in a story mode. I will group them in lines of sixes for space and ease of read reasons:

Leo, Donnie, Raph, Mikey, Splinter, Casey
Mirage Shredder, android Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Karai, Hun
Bishop, Bloodsucker, Rat King, Tatsu, Tokka, Rahzar
Mondo Gecko, Mona Lisa, Leatherhead, Old Hob, Fugitoid, Slash
Monza Ram, Kraang, fly Baxter, Usagi, Alopex, Savanti

I get the feeling I have missed someone obvious.

Characters like the frogs, purple dragons, foot clan, other triceratons and the Federation etc could show up in the story mode as part of the tale.

April could be an NPC in the story mode, as well as some sort of mascot in ladder and online modes.

bushido
12-06-2014, 09:08 AM

Mine based on IDW comic :
Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, Donatello, Splinter, Casey Jones, Shredder, Karai, General Krang, Captain Tragg, Sergeant Granitor, Hold Hob, Slash, Alopex, Koya, Bludgeon, Hun, Angel, Nobody (with a different moveset), Bepop, Rocksteady, Rat King, Mondo Gecko, Herman, Metalhead, a Triceraton, Renet...

Who else ?

some Neutrinos, Savate ninjas ? Foot soldiers ? maybe Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki as unlockable characters...

snake
12-06-2014, 09:25 AM

IDW Characters
Leonardo
Raph
Donnie
Mikey
April
Casey Jones
Old Hob (Yellow Tank Top)
Old Hob (Black Tank Top Alt)
Mondo Gecko
Herman The Hermit Crab
Bebop
Rocksteady
Shredder
General Krang
Granitor
Alopex
Bludgeon
Koya
Splinter
Hun
Karai
Baxter Stockman (Controls Fly Borg)
Foot Solider
Nobody
Foot Elite
Metalhead
Renet (IDW)
Kitsune
The Rat King
Dark Leo

2k3 Characters
Bishop
Mutated Hun
Rat King
Silver Sentry
Turtle Titan
Shredder
Cyber Shredder
Quarry
April
Mozart

Nick Characters
April
Casey
Dogpound
Fishface
Rahzar
Foot Solider
Kraang
Leatherhead
Splinter
Bebop
Rocksteady
Kraang Sub Prime
The Creep
Karai
Tigerclaw
Snake Karai
Baxterfly
Turflytle
Rat King
Slash

Other
Armaggon
Scumbug
Scailtail
Verminator X
Null
OT Shredder
Ray Fillet
Maybe some more in the other catagory, but I'd say its a solid roster.

bushido
12-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Dark Leo is a good idea too (as hidden character ?).
From Mirage we can add Baxter robot (volume 2), Leatherhead and Savanti Romeo
From Archie...the Mighty Mutanimals !

snake
12-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Dark Leo is a good idea too (as hidden character ?).
From Mirage we can add Baxter robot (volume 2), Leatherhead and Savanti Romeo
From Archie...the Mighty Mutanimals !

That Baxter suit was pretty cool, so I'd love to see it.

PangolinFeets
12-06-2014, 11:03 AM
I've wanted a really good new tmnt fighting game forever.
2D would be my first choice, but I can see the game working well with an SC engine too. 2.5D seems to be the popular choice lately and its working just fine. I love the new Guilty Gear.
Where are the fans that know coding? Lol

bushido
12-06-2014, 12:42 PM
A fight with Cudley the Cowlick vs Pigeon Pete may be cool...

http://i.imgur.com/eGInc.gif

snake
12-06-2014, 02:30 PM
A fight with Cudley the Cowlick vs Pigeon Pete may be cool...

http://i.imgur.com/eGInc.gif

Cudley wins. Pete gets transported to another universe.

blindturtle02
12-06-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm digging that roster. Especially the secondary Rahzar mutation of Bradford. Always wanted to play as Baxter in fly form too. You could probably get away with doing Super Rocksteady and Mighty Bebop as alternate skins or make them original characters with new movesets. I love those cybernetic clones from the OT. I'd want to play as Mutagen Man from 2012, and maybe one of those Kraang walker things. Savanti might be fun to fight with, as would Drako, Ultimate Ninja, and their Ultimate Drako form from 2k3. Those Shrednaught mechs were cool too. I wish they made a game where they just went nuts with the number of characters. Guess they could do dlcs over time if they wanted to.

Leo656
12-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Since we're fantasizing, I'd love it if they did a "Worlds Collide" style mash-up with different versions of characters form each major TMNT universe, since they're all so different. Like, the main roster at the start would be one "basic" group of TMNT characters, like 8-12 playable characters, and then by playing through the Story mode you unlock new characters and different "alternate universe" versions of existing ones, until you have a full roster of like 60-70 characters. Imagine OT Raphael vs. Mirage Raph, for example, with entirely different voices, fighting styles, etc., or Shredder vs. Shredder. A tag team style mode would be a must; any two Turtles vs. Bebop and Rocksteady, Ch'rell Shredder and Hun vs. OT Shredder and Krang, stuff like that would be amaaaazing.

I mean, alternate skins instead of "repeat" characters would be one thing and probably more likely in the end, but I'd actually want separate, fully-formed characters. Like, maybe each version of a character could have two outfits, and the alternate outfits could be an unlockable skin; like the OT or Archie TMNT could have their "Wrestling" outfits" as an unlockable Bonus, for example. If they did a game with the scope and storytelling of something like "Injustice", holy sh*t, that would be an awesome game. As far as a roster, just throw everyone "major" in there, go nuts. Cyborg Baxter, Fly Baxter, Gen. Traag, anyone who had a big presence in the cartoons or comics who could actually fight or would look interesting enough. Maybe guys like Super-Shredder and Cyborg Krang could be bosses.

It'd take forever to make but that'd be an amazing game. We're just spitballing ideas anyway. :)

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
12-08-2014, 12:18 AM

I'm putting potential alternate costumes in brackets. Depending on characters, different fighting styles can be applied to the different costume. Even if IDW, OT, etc are not listed it doesn't mean I'm against the style. To me, they are the obvious that would be included and what I'm putting out would be the cool highlights.

Leonardo (Red mask, Mirage, movie, dark)
Donatello (Red mask, Mirage, movie, robot)
Raphael (Mirage, movie, Shredder/Nightwatcher)
Michaelangelo (Red mask, Mirage, movie, Turflytle)
Splinter (Mirage, 90s, Nick)
Shredder (Mirage, 90s, 2003, Nick)
Usagi Yojimbo
Savage Dragon
Battletoids
Moo Montana
Casey Jones (Mirage, OT, Nick, IDW, Wayne-Gretzky-on-steroids)
Angel (Nobody)
Karai (Mutant)
Bebop (Mighty, IDW, OT)
Rocksteady (Super, IDW, OT)
Tokka
Rahzar (Nick)
Dogpound (see: Rahzar, Bradford)
Fishface (Xever)
Spider Bytz
Snakeweed
Cockroach Terminator
Foot Soldier (Robot)
Krang Droid (MIB, exoskeleton)
Leatherhead (OT, Nick)
Baxter (Robot, Fly)
Bludgeon
Armaggon
Hun
Old Hob
Mondo
General Aguila
Kitsune
Slash (OT, IDW, Nick)
Newtrilizer
Triceriton
Tregg
Tiger Claw
Chrome Dome
REX-1 w/ MAC
Metalhead
Creep
Muckman
Attila
Genghis
Napoleon Bonafrog
Rasputin

Boss Fights/Bonus Modes:
Squirrelanoids, Pizza Face (maybe the Pizza-Xenomorphs can be teamed up with either of them), Krang, The Rat King, Super Shredder, Michael Bay/John Liebesman

S

I mean, alternate skins instead of "repeat" characters would be one thing and probably more likely in the end, but I'd actually want separate, fully-formed characters. Like, maybe each version of a character could have two outfits, and the alternate outfits could be an unlockable skin; like the OT or Archie TMNT could have their "Wrestling" outfits" as an unlockable Bonus, for example. If they did a game with the scope and storytelling of something like "Injustice", holy sh*t, that would be an awesome game. As far as a roster, just throw everyone "major" in there, go nuts. Cyborg Baxter, Fly Baxter, Gen. Traag, anyone who had a big presence in the cartoons or comics who could actually fight or would look interesting enough. Maybe guys like Super-Shredder and Cyborg Krang could be bosses.

I have played a couple fighter games where a secret/alternate costume character has a different loadout versus the default. I think it's possible to consolidate the roster list by fitting fully realized alt-character fighter loadouts instead of doing what the DBZ and Smash Bros games do where you get a screen full of 4 different versions of the main, etc.

shuriken
12-09-2014, 12:21 AM
An IDW fighter game, loosely base it on the comic (for example use certain events as starting points but not the story ver batum). Have the designs be a combination of Santalouco's designs (spelling? and Eastman's)
I'd like a 20 person Roster with the unlockables being up to 34 (why 34? Because shut up that's why) with Unlockable skins (different for each turtle, with * denoting varied moveset)
Mikey (Nick, Turtle Titan*)
Donnie (1990 Movie, Cyber Don*)
Raph (2K3 Raph, 2k14 Raph* )
Leo (Mirage Leo, Dark Leo*)
Casey (Mirage Casey, 2k7 Casey)
Dask (OT Variant costume)
Kala (OT Variant costume)
Angel (Nobody*)
Splinter (OT Splinter, Mirage Splinter)
Fugitoid (Silver Variant)
Shredder (OT Shredder, Mirage Shredder)
Bebop (OT Bebop)
Rocksteady (Nick Rocksteady)
Hob (Veminator X)
Karai (2k3 Variant)
Krang (OT Variant)
Slash (Archie, OT Variant)
Alopex (Ninjara outfit)
Hun (2k3 skin)
Koya (Alternate outfit)
Unlockable guys

Rat King
Leatherhead
Mondo Gecko
April
Null
Super Shredder (Variant Cyber Shredder)
Hamato Yoshi
Bludgeon (Armaggon*)
Metalhead
Savate Leader
Traag
Baxter Cyborg
Bishop
Foot Ninja (Ot outfit, 2k3 outfit, 1990 movie)

Tora
12-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Based on the Nick TMNT it would lend many good characters to choose from.

1.Leo
2.Ralph
3.Mikey
4.Donnie
5.Spilnter
6.Slash
7.Leatherhead
8.Karai
9.Mutagen Man
10.Casey Jones
11.Newt
12.Tigerclaw

Unlockables-

13.Kraang-Bot
14.Rahzar
15.Fishface
16.Shredder
17.Stockman-Fly
18.Bebop
19.Rocksteady
20.Mondo Gecko

Powder
12-10-2014, 02:21 AM
Who's Ralph?

Nameless
12-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Who's Ralph?

he's the giant wolf from Rampage :D... might be a lob sided fight though so i don't agree to adding him to the game...

Leo656
12-10-2014, 12:26 PM
I know it's petty to snark people for spelling the guy's names wrong... but holy sh*t already, why do people still spell their names wrong?

What's most puzzling about it, is that nobody EVER has to type the incorrect names, "Ralph" and "Mickey", for any reason. Nobody has been named either of those things for decades, so people have no reason to be thinking about typing "Ralph" or "Mickey" instead of their proper names. I mean, I can see accidentally swiping "Dan" for "Don"; those are both common names. When people type "Ralph", who the hell are you subliminally thinking of anyway? There are NO MORE Ralphs! Why are you people so confused?!?!

(Sigh). Sorry, that's been building up for a while. I just can't believe it's almost 2015 and every day I see someone spell their names wrong. I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but it does. :lol:

snake
12-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Who's Ralph?

Part of the Teenage Ninja Ninja Turtles

Leon
Dan
Mickey
Ralph

Bry
12-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I mean, I can see accidentally swiping "Dan" for "Don"; those are both common names. When people type "Ralph", who the hell are you subliminally thinking of anyway? There are NO MORE Ralphs! Why are you people so confused?!?!

But it's so easy to get confused with all these Ninja Turtle Ralphs!

http://i.imgur.com/Zj3Izfq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0xJ1hrz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N7Epw3k.jpg

Leo656
12-10-2014, 07:15 PM
HAH! Nice. Nice.

Sabacooza
12-10-2014, 09:23 PM
The new Street Fighter 5 trailer looked pretty impressive... to me anyway. I wouldn't mind seeing a TMNT fighter like that with destructible environments.

Nameless
12-11-2014, 09:23 AM
my autocorrect says that Raph is a misspelled word... it says Ralph is a correct word... maybe thats part of the problem... i dunno just a guess/theory...

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
12-14-2014, 01:09 AM
better teach that auto correct what's up ;)

I'm actually trying to get my hands on Tournament Fighter for SNES. I never actually owned or played that fighter and I would love to have the box, manual, etc.

I wonder how long until we get a brawler...
I still enjoy how the used combat for Out of the Shadows and which to see them perfect it.

shuriken
12-15-2014, 01:39 PM
I know it's petty to snark people for spelling the guy's names wrong... but holy sh*t already, why do people still spell their names wrong?

What's most puzzling about it, is that nobody EVER has to type the incorrect names, "Ralph" and "Mickey", for any reason. Nobody has been named either of those things for decades, so people have no reason to be thinking about typing "Ralph" or "Mickey" instead of their proper names. I mean, I can see accidentally swiping "Dan" for "Don"; those are both common names. When people type "Ralph", who the hell are you subliminally thinking of anyway? There are NO MORE Ralphs! Why are you people so confused?!?!

(Sigh). Sorry, that's been building up for a while. I just can't believe it's almost 2015 and every day I see someone spell their names wrong. I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but it does. :lol:
Totally a post that should be in what Grinds your Gears :lol:

Tora
12-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Man a guy misspells one word and the board comes in full assault. :(

Garfield
12-18-2014, 11:17 PM
I don't personally care to have a new TMNT fighting game. I'm not into current fighting games so much, and Tournament Fighters on the SNES satiates my Ninja turtles fighting game desires.