PDA

View Full Version : Batman: The Dark Knight 3 in the works

TurtleTitan97
12-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Frank Miller and Scott Snyder are reportedly working on a new Batman comic set within The Dark Knight Returns universe: http://comicbook.com/2014/12/04/dark-knight-3-in-the-planning-stages-from-frank-miller-and-scott/

I personally don't know how to feel about this since Miller's recent work is pretty bad. Thoughts?

Leo656
12-05-2014, 08:56 PM
:lol::lol::lol: So awful. So, so terrible. Just the worst goddamn idea. :lol:

snake
12-05-2014, 10:12 PM
This'll be fun. :trolleye:

You guys see Miller recently? Stan Lee has obviously been draining his life force.

Leo656
12-05-2014, 10:14 PM
HAH! That was good.

TurtleTitan97
12-05-2014, 10:15 PM
This'll be fun. :trolleye:

You guys see Miller recently? Stan Lee has obviously been draining his life force.

I just looked up a recent picture. YIKES!!! :teek:

Davetello
12-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Miller is clueless now. He also looks ill. I once lost a ton of weight and was very skinny but compared to him I was still built like John Cena.

Regardless, Miller's racism has become more apparent over the years and he lost the plot ages ago, from what I gather. This will just tarnish the original. I haven't read The Dark Knight Strikes Again yet because I hear it blows.

discordiatookie
12-06-2014, 02:42 AM
I'll probably pick this up, just for the comedy value. When All Star Batman asked if Dick Grayson was retarded (off the top of my head, I had it up on my wall: "what, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Batman!" ) was the best thing ever. So terrible. I love Returns, and I do get some enjoyment from Strikes Again - not a patch on Returns but there's some decent storytelling in there. Whacky art but not the worst. Year One is awesome too...

Seriously though, Miller's work ranges from some of the best to pretty damned bad of late, it's kinda sad.

snake
12-06-2014, 09:33 AM
All Star Batman is so stupid it's funny. Why couldn't they get Morrison to do it like he did All Star Superman (Which is an AWESOME comic by the way)?

Leo656
12-06-2014, 06:45 PM
The idea of the "All Star" line at the time it came out was, teams of "celebrity" creators would do the most "iconic" versions possible of the most popular characters, in mini-series books that were free from continuity so the creators were free to focus on Big, Iconic Moments. Essentially, all the characters were supposed to be as if they had stepped out of society's "collective memory" of who the characters were. It was going to be the perfect "anybody can pick up and read" series of books.

Then they did "All Star Batman" and pretty much ruined that because Miller's nuts, and instead of telling an "iconic" Batman story, he decided to show us why all the DC characters in his Dark Knight books are serious assh*les by making his mini a prequel to that dreck. Since that book was such a mess (it's actually never been finished), they cancelled the planned All-Star Batgirl and All-Star Wonder Woman books that were to come next. I think Gail Simone was going to write Batgirl and Amanda Connor was going to draw it, if I remember correctly.

As far as Miller in general, I vehemently disagree that he is or was ever "one of the best", at anything. Dark Knight Returns came out a time where just by way of its tone it was going to stand out from most everything else on the market, so it nudged things in a darker, "more modern" direction (that pretty much ruined most super-hero comics for years, but that's an entirely separate point), but he was hardly a revolutionary. The "darker" Batman had started creeping in during the late 70s way before Miller even got on the character; he's just a name people associate with that "grim n gritty" schtick because he's easy to remember. He never did anything anybody else hadn't done before or since, and better. He was just one of a very few guys who was doing it in a specific time and place, on a book that was getting a lot of buzz because a major film was coming out soon, so he gets credit for the "comics ain't just for kids anymore" nonsense, and everyone credits HIS books for influencing the movies and everything else when it's really the stuff guys like O'Neal and Neal Adams were doing that set all that up.

Miller's a f*cking hack. Year One is like, the ONE thing of his I've read that wasn't overrated as f*ck. Even Dark Knight Returns is only really any good if you're one of those "Batman Could So Totally Beat Up Jesus" type of Batman fans, otherwise it's just joyless and ugly. And given that it went from a mini-series, to now being its own Batman "universe" with sequels and prequels and spin-offs - all AWFUL - yeah, f*ck that book. Miller's Batman is by FAR one of the worst interpretations of Batman anyone ever put on paper.

I'll never understand why people wank all over everything he does. He's worked on enough other projects to have proven that he has no talent. Other than DKR and some of his Daredevil stuff, nobody likes anything he's done. He got lucky ONCE; who cares about him anymore?

More like, his stuff ranges "from one of the most overrated to some of the worst". And Dave, DK2 IS really bad, but you might as well take a look at it. Just to see what it looks like when someone gets paid a million dollars to jack off and calls it a Batman comic. Total trash.

snake
12-06-2014, 06:51 PM
I've never read Year One, but I'm going to order the trade soon.

Leo656
12-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Year One is actually really good, but I'm betting there were much tighter editorial restrictions in place on that one, since it was done in the ongoing Batman book and was supposed to be completely canon. There's almost none of Miller's usual nonsense in it. Pretty sure he was just putting Denny O'Neal's mandated ideas down on paper. Good; awful things happen when Miller's unfiltered madness is allowed to run free.

CyberCubed
12-07-2014, 02:38 PM
I don't read Batman comics, but I watched the animated movie adaption of the Dark Knight comics. I thought it was OK, nothing amazing.

I hate the idea of a girl Robin, and Batman fighting Superman was stupid and pointless. And then Batman fakes his death but lives underground in a cave for the rest of his life training "Batman people?"

Awful. Batman Beyond is the definitive future for Bruce Wayne, not this. And yes, I know this was an alternative universe story to begin with.

snake
12-07-2014, 02:42 PM
I don't read Batman comics, but I watched the animated movie adaption of the Dark Knight comics. I thought it was OK, nothing amazing.

I hate the idea of a girl Robin, and Batman fighting Superman was stupid and pointless. And then Batman fakes his death but lives underground in a cave for the rest of his life training "Batman people?"

Awful. Batman Beyond is the definitive future for Bruce Wayne, not this. And yes, I know this was an alternative universe story to begin with.

Why don't you like Carrie Kelley?

discordiatookie
12-08-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm far from a Frank Miller defender or fanboy but I like what I like, and I have taken enjoyment from: most of Sin City, what I've read of his Daredevil run, Ronin and 300.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, Leo656...

Candy Kappa
12-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Ugh...

Wasn't Holy Terror enough to show Miller haven't been suited for making Batman stories for a very long time.

Leo656
12-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Sin City's alright.

I've just never read anything of Miller's that was anywhere near as great, as original, or as ground-breaking as people have built it up to be. The guy HAS to be the most overrated creative talent in comics for the last 30 years, with Morrison probably being the only one who comes close.

I liked when he spent 15 years crying about how the world was denied his "true vision" for Robocop 2 due to studio meddling, and then when he finally did it as a comic book, the world collectively went, "Wow, okay, so Robocop 2 would've been awful no matter what. What a relief." :lol: That was hilarious.

Brodie
12-08-2014, 10:25 PM
I don't know why Scott Snyder would even agree to this.

Coola Yagami
12-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Linkara is gonna have a heart attack....

Venom
01-09-2015, 06:58 PM
1388667[/I]]This'll be fun. :trolleye: You guys see Miller recently? Stan Lee has obviously been draining his life force.

Oh damn, kid, awesome burn!! :lol:

Seriously, though, this idea does suck. Miller has totally lost his way; he parodies himself: Frank Miller trying out-Miller Frank Miller.

Then they did "All Star Batman" and pretty much ruined that because Miller's nuts...

What about them?

Spike Spiegel
02-02-2015, 10:05 PM
I don't know why Scott Snyder would even agree to this.

Publicity? Or maybe an attempt to breathe life into dwindling superhero comic sales?

I'd assume Miller influenced Snyder as a writer. Maybe he's able to look past All Star and TDKR2 because of nostalgia glasses.

Personally, I own TDKR and a good chunk of Miller's Daredevil work (the omnibus and a hardcover edition of Born Again). The 1982 Wolverine miniseries was good too--but a lot of that comes from Chris Claremont's writing. I remember hearing an interview about how he had to convince Miller that Logan was a worthwhile character. Anyone can understand Miller's influence...but I think "good" Frank Miller was off the scene before the first volume of Sin City.

TurtleTitan97
09-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Update. Here's the first variant cover for DK3:

http://media.comicbook.com/2015/09/batman-dk3-custom-cvr-149767.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/02/the-dark-knight-iii-store-logo-variant-cover-revealed/

The Turtle Terminator
09-04-2015, 04:09 PM
When's the release date?

TurtleTitan97
09-04-2015, 04:12 PM
When's the release date?

Nov. 25: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-reveals-first-dark-knight-iii-the-master-race-cover

Leo656
09-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Miller AND Azzarello?!?! Holy hell, it's like a "Worst Batman Writers Ever Cross Over Suck-Fest"!!! Oh my God, they're perfect for each other. :lol:

I'm a colossal asshole, though, because I'll almost certainly buy this despite having nothing but contempt for DK2, along with all signs pointing to this one also being just the worst kind of thing. I'm addicted to seeing things crash and burn spectacularly, and Miller's Batman has never failed to do that, at least, so yeah, I'm an asshole and a hypocrite.

But not as big an asshole as Frank Miller for being so sh*tty at Batman except for like one and a quarter times when he wasn't.

Martian_Turtlesaurus
09-15-2015, 12:22 AM
Ugh...

Wasn't Holy Terror enough to show Miller haven't been suited for making Batman stories for a very long time.

I totally agree! And think the answer is to let Frank Miller vent all of his violent fantasies with the Fixer character again instead of Batman.

He should only play in his own sandbox and with his own toys (still he will be beyond awful at writing female characters) but it would pass as another tasteless parody and not as an official product from DC comics.

I don't think they will even profit from this as they expect. Many people including me were repulsed by DK2 (that I couldn't even finish reading) I so refuse to spend any money or time on this.

Didn't DC learned anything from the Before watchmen series?

I think I'll go and live in the farm of Casey's grandmother to learn to fight blindfolded, instead of read or watch so many bad and unnecessary stories that greedy companies are trying to force feed me... The humanity!

IronBoomer
09-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Cripes, this again?
Linkara of Atop the Fourth Wall is going to have a mental breakdown at this. I mean, the first one was ..okay, but the second one is after Frank went off into crazytown.

I think I'll buy Disney's "The Duck Knight Returns" instead.

TurtleTitan97
10-10-2015, 01:36 PM
DC has released some interior art work for DKIII:
http://comicbook.com/2015/10/10/dc-releases-interior-art-from-frank-millers-dark-knight-iii/#Image6

CyberCubed
10-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Not particularly thrilled. Wonder Woman being here does nothing for me.

TurtleTitan97
11-13-2015, 01:42 PM
New details. Along with DK3, we will be getting a prequel to The Dark Knight Returns titled "The Last Crusade". It features a slightly younger, middle age Batman, and will tell how Jason Todd died in the Earth-31 universe.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-reveals-romitas-cover-details-of-dark-knight-returns-the-last-crusade

Candy Kappa
11-13-2015, 02:56 PM
huh, I'd imagine Jason died like he did in the mainstream comics... Not sure if a prequel story to DKR universe that isn't Year One is all that necessary.

It's like making a comic explaining why Batman in Batman Year 100 can be young and alive in the future, unnecessary and will never live up to any "hype".

ZariusTwo
11-14-2015, 09:37 AM
huh, I'd imagine Jason died like he did in the mainstream comics... Not sure if a prequel story to DKR universe that isn't Year One is all that necessary.

Fun fact, DKR was written long before the mainstream Jason died.

Candy Kappa
11-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Fun fact, DKR was written long before the mainstream Jason died.

A comic that was published in 85, predates a event from 88?

No way :o

But seriously, it's a unnecessary comic... But so was Before Watchmen, and DK2... And probably this comic as well.

ZariusTwo
11-17-2015, 02:43 PM
Dark Knight IV Confirmed
(http://www.newsarama.com/26831-frank-miller-to-return-for-the-dark-knight-iv.html)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Dark Knight IV Confirmed
(http://www.newsarama.com/26831-frank-miller-to-return-for-the-dark-knight-iv.html)

The man won't stop...

ZariusTwo
11-17-2015, 02:49 PM
The man won't stop...

Probably it's the Cinematic Universe Machine paying him to supply ideas.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Probably it's the Cinematic Universe Machine paying him to supply ideas.

There's a terrifying thought...

TurtleTitan97
11-17-2015, 09:21 PM
:roll: Oh boy. Frank Miller wants to do an all-ages Carrie Kelly spinoff: http://comicbook.com/2015/11/17/frank-miller-wants-to-do-a-dark-knight-spinoff-carrie-kelley-all/

shuriken
11-17-2015, 11:01 PM
All Star Batman was hilarious. It was so ridiculous and over the top I couldn't help but laugh while reading through the thing. The Dark Knight Returns is great, and so are some of his Sin City things. Daredevil is neat too.
Then I read some of the Dark Knight Returns 2 and it is a mess, just toaly garbage. At least All Star is nice to look at and somewhat of a parody of itself. DKR2 did nothing. Now they're doing 3 and 4. WHY? Oh well, people will buy it anyway cuz Frank Miller is still considered a genius by some people.

Andrew NDB
11-18-2015, 12:43 AM
DKR3 seems... highly questionable to me. Particularly the timing (the "Batman V Superman" movie apparently factors heavily into things all things Miller and TDKR). I mean, it's very obviously transparently the WB higher ups calling down to the comic people to make Miller do some kind of Dark Knight... something... and him begrudgingly being like, "Yeah, I'll consult and give notes to somebody who actually wants to write and draw it. I guess." And we get this. Just seems devoid of any kind of actual creative wellspring, same as "Before Watchmen." But DC is completely out of steam, at least with the current regime, left to pick the meat off of the bones of things that actually had substance decades ago.

Leo656
11-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Agreed. Anybody got Mike Carlin's home number?

Candy Kappa
11-21-2015, 02:00 AM
http://www.newsarama.com/26890-frank-miller-reveals-the-inspiration-behind-dark-knight-iii-in-fan-q-a.html

So, it looks like 3 is Azzarello's story, where Miller contributed. Hence why there's a 4th installment in the works that's all Miller...

Leo656
11-21-2015, 02:19 AM
I wanna see the two of them get into an argument over whose work insists upon its own greatness more. That would be epic.

They're both pretty sh*tty. The only Azzarello stuff I ever liked was his "For Tomorrow" run on Superman. And as far as that goes, for one thing, I have a huge Superman bias, and for another, I'm the only person who likes that story. I've heard his crime and noir stuff like 100 Bullets is okay but I feel like some people just shouldn't write super-heroes. His Batman stuff like "Broken City" was really, really dry, almost boring; to be fair, the art was also bad, and that took me out of the whole thing greatly. And that Lex Luthor mini-series was terrible. It's like he only had one good story to tell and since then he only gets work because people hire him based off that One Good Story he had that one time.

And Miller's another one. I've literally only read one good story of his, "Batman: Year One", and then I've hated everything else. I mean I never read his Daredevil, which I hear is brilliant, but how is that possible? It can't be that good, can it? It's the same exact guy (unless you believe the "replaced by a right-wing cyborg clone sometime in the mid-80s" conspiracy theory that's floating around), so how could it possibly be so much greater than the bulk of his work, which is lousy? I could see, maybe, that it's better because Daredevil came along before he fell in love with himself and his crackpot ideas and went nuts, but exactly how much better, really? I suppose I'll get around to reading it one day, but I'm in no hurry. I can accept on faith that it's better than the rest of his work - it would have to be - but I'll be shocked if it's actually a huge step up comparatively. I just plain don't like how he writes and never really have.

I do kinda like Sin City, though. Kinda. Everybody Gets One, and all that. It's kind of a thing where, I generally don't like things that are overly-stylized on purpose, but occasionally I do, and that was one of those times.

TurtleTitan97
11-21-2015, 09:01 PM
I mean I never read his Daredevil, which I hear is brilliant, but how is that possible? It can't be that good, can it? It's the same exact guy (unless you believe the "replaced by a right-wing cyborg clone sometime in the mid-80s" conspiracy theory that's floating around), so how could it possibly be so much greater than the bulk of his work, which is lousy? I could see, maybe, that it's better because Daredevil came along before he fell in love with himself and his crackpot ideas and went nuts, but exactly how much better, really? I suppose I'll get around to reading it one day, but I'm in no hurry. I can accept on faith that it's better than the rest of his work - it would have to be - but I'll be shocked if it's actually a huge step up comparatively. I just plain don't like how he writes and never really have.

As someone who has read his work on Daredevil, let me assure you that those are some of the best comics you could possible read.

Leo656
11-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Okay. How? Please explain to me how such a thing is possible. Dead serious.

I assume it's basically the "The sun even shines on a dog's ass once in a while" principle in effect?

Also: More people need to watch "White Men Can't Jump", there's a ton of great philosophy in that movie. :tgrin:

TurtleTitan97
11-21-2015, 10:45 PM
Okay. How? Please explain to me how such a thing is possible. Dead serious.

I assume it's basically the "The sun even shines on a dog's ass once in a while" principle in effect?

Also: More people need to watch "White Men Can't Jump", there's a ton of great philosophy in that movie. :tgrin:

I could try, but I think this site would do a better job at explaining how great Miller's run on the series really was in its entirety: http://blog.timesunion.com/comicbooks/frank-millers-run-on-daredevil-holds-up-3-decades-later/3478/

Needless to say, if you liked Batman: Year One (Or even the Netflix Daredevil series if you've seen it) , you'll also like Miller's work on Daredevil as well. I would recommend the following storylines:

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear
The Elektra Saga
Daredevil: Born Again (Regarded as the best Daredevil storyline)

AquaParade
11-22-2015, 08:13 AM
Yeah, Miller's Daredevil is a wonderful comic. Give it a chance.

TurtleTitan97
11-25-2015, 12:46 PM
So the first issue came out today. Anyone else check it out?

Surprisingly, the comic did not make me cringe as I thought it would. Real curious to know if Bruce Wayne really is dead or not and see more of Carrie Kelly as the new Batman for now.

ZariusTwo
11-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Of course he's not dead. You seriously think Miller is going to let anyone but him kill Bruce off now when he's already said he's doing a fourth one? Hell this is'nt a new trick as Bruce "died" in the original also and it was a trick

LeotheLateBloomer
11-27-2015, 10:19 AM
I'm curious, I've never read The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Exactly how bad is it? Spoil as much as you please because I'll probably never read it.:lol:

oldmanwinters
11-30-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm curious, I've never read The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Exactly how bad is it? Spoil as much as you please because I'll probably never read it.:lol:

http://channelawesome.com/at4w-the-dark-knight-strikes-again-part-1/

http://channelawesome.com/at4w-the-dark-knight-strikes-again-part-2/

http://channelawesome.com/at4w-the-dark-knight-strikes-again-part-3/

Leo656
11-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Only heard about half of Part 1 so far but it's pretty spot-on. :lol: What an awful book.

EDIT: Part 2 was great. This guy's actually under-selling how awful it is. I love the part where Wonder Woman swoons over the time Superman apparently threw her to the ground and took her by force like she was a tawdry cheap hooker. LIKE A MAN (of steel), BABAY! :roll:

Something's wrong with part 3, darn it. The page loads but there's no video. :ohwell:

Found it here, in much better quality anyways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujsY6QQJvUA

Holy sh*t, that ending. :lol: It's been years since I actually looked at this piece of sh*t. WOW. Just doesn't get any worse than that.

Shred Head
12-01-2015, 06:24 AM
Only heard about half of Part 1 so far but it's pretty spot-on. :lol: What an awful book.

EDIT: Part 2 was great. This guy's actually under-selling how awful it is. I love the part where Wonder Woman swoons over the time Superman apparently threw her to the ground and took her by force like she was a tawdry cheap hooker. LIKE A MAN (of steel), BABAY! :roll:

Something's wrong with part 3, darn it. The page loads but there's no video. :ohwell:

Found it here, in much better quality anyways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujsY6QQJvUA

Holy sh*t, that ending. :lol: It's been years since I actually looked at this piece of sh*t. WOW. Just doesn't get any worse than that.

You think that's bad look at him go off on Holy Terror that book made him go batshit insane. How the **** Frank ever got any more work after that book I will never know. I mean for all attempts and purpose that book should have been career suicide yet its 2015 and his name is still on covers of major publications. The comic business is weird and completely unfair.

http://atopthefourthwall.com/holy-terror/

Leo656
12-01-2015, 10:17 PM
I didn't get to that one yet, but I got sucked into watching a ton of his YouTube videos about sh*t like Cry For Justice (awful) and Rise of Arsenal (awful-er). :lol: Guy reminds me too much of like, "Angry Video Game Nerd, But With Comics" but it's not like the sh*t he says isn't true. :lol:

ZariusTwo
12-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Well, DKIII managed to earn DC it's only position in the comics top ten for November.,..and right at the number one spot

Leo656
12-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Unreal. People really are f*cking stupid.

Same sh*t as Transformers movies. People know they're paying for trash, but they're SO HAPPY to pay out the ass for the pleasure for something they KNOW in advance is going to be awful.

People are f*cking stupid.

ZariusTwo
12-12-2015, 03:05 AM
Yeah, there's so many better DC books in the market, but there's little interest in the casual dopes to try them out, so they stick with the old hands, and in some ways they're probably buying this thinking that they're also buying ultimately into what will form the template for future movies down the pipeline.

Leo656
12-12-2015, 01:44 PM
I refuse to believe that thing you said about DC publishing any good books, but I'll take your word for it all the same. :trazz:

ZariusTwo
12-12-2015, 01:45 PM
I refuse to believe that thing you said about DC publishing any good books, but I'll take your word for it all the same. :trazz:

Have you read Lois and Clark? Prez? Synder's Batman?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Have you read Lois and Clark? Prez? Synder's Batman?

Snyder's Batman is worth reading; best thing to come out of the New 52. I know, I know... not saying much. :tlol:

Leo656
12-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Alright alright shaddap, you know I haven't cuz I'm broke.

And frankly everything I've heard and seen of New 52 Batman is just as spotty and inconsistent as everything else, so yeah, I think my "book" on that character closed at the same time as Superman's. Right from Joker cutting his face off, and Damien getting a huge push, I'm like "Yeah, this already sucks really bad" and haven't been back. I read *about* the stories being published in the comics and, I gotta say... those ideas don't translate well as prose descriptions. Maybe something's lost in the translation but everything "sounds" stupid as hell whenever I read a synopsis or review.

1986 - 2011. That's the DCU. Anything else, I completely Do Not Care.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Alright alright shaddap, you know I haven't cuz I'm broke.

And frankly everything I've heard and seen of New 52 Batman is just as spotty and inconsistent as everything else, so yeah, I think my "book" on that character closed at the same time as Superman's. Right from Joker cutting his face off, and Damien getting a huge push, I'm like "Yeah, this already sucks really bad" and haven't been back. I read *about* the stories being published in the comics and, I gotta say... those ideas don't translate well as prose descriptions. Maybe something's lost in the translation but everything "sounds" stupid as hell whenever I read a synopsis or review.

1986 - 2011. That's the DCU. Anything else, I completely Do Not Care.

Court of Owls is a pretty cool concept, as is the Death of the Family and Endgame.

Never bothered reading Zero Year with Riddler, 'cause I'm DONE with Batman origins.

Bloom is pretty cool, like a mix between Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, and Slender Man. RoboGordonBats is the dumbest thing EVER though. Yes, dumber than Superboy Prime punching the multiverse or whatever the hell that was...

TurtleTitan97
12-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Yes, dumber than Superboy Prime punching the multiverse or whatever the hell that was...

Aw man, I almost forgot about that. :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Aw man, I almost forgot about that. :lol:

And then I brought it back. Because I'm a sadist and I want everyone to suffer with me. :tlol:

Leo656
12-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Superboy Prime punching time was kinda dumb but at least it "sorta" made sense in context, since DC had always played up the "walls" or barriers between universes and all that that kept all the worlds and parallel dimensions separate. It almost makes sense that Prime punching what had to have been basically just another wall between dimensions would have a ripple effect of some kind.

"Almost". :lol: It makes exactly as much sense as everything else in comic books when they have to do a retcon. As in, "It doesn't, but we gotta explain this sh*t one way or the other!" :lol: I'unno, it's acceptable.

Frankly, even though it's dumb, I'm sick of hearing about it because Grant Morrison writes WAY dumber sh*t than that and he's everybody's hero.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Superboy Prime punching time was kinda dumb but at least it "sorta" made sense in context, since DC had always played up the "walls" or barriers between universes and all that that kept all the worlds and parallel dimensions separate. It almost makes sense that Prime punching what had to have been basically just another wall between dimensions would have a ripple effect of some kind.

"Almost". :lol: It makes exactly as much sense as everything else in comic books when they have to do a retcon. As in, "It doesn't, but we gotta explain this sh*t one way or the other!" :lol: I'unno, it's acceptable.

Frankly, even though it's dumb, I'm sick of hearing about it because Grant Morrison writes WAY dumber sh*t than that and he's everybody's hero.

I'll give you that. I just brought it up because in context, that's how Jason Todd was brought back the first time. I much prefer his modern retelling resurrections.

Leo656
12-12-2015, 02:32 PM
What is it now, they just pushed him into a Lazarus Pit? Just curious.

One thing I really liked during the "Jason is f*cking DEAD and he's never coming back" era, was they went out of their way to prove it. They did a story once where in a flashback to shortly after Jason died, Alfred (I think) wondered out loud if that was possible, to resurrect Jason in a Lazarus Pit, and Bruce showed him Jason's corpse, which was ALL kinds'a f*cked up by the bomb and the fact that his body wasn't taken care of properly since they were in Ethiopia and Jason's corpse had already horribly decomposed, plus he would have had irreversable brain damage from the crowbar to the skull, so they were pretty much beating the point home, "He's TOO DEAD to even use the Lazarus Pit. Okay? Get it? HE'S NEVER COMING BACK. Swear to GOD, he's dead, we promise."

That's a big reason why he never should have come back, they covered ALL the bases to make sure it was impossible, then they did it anyway. That's the WORST part of the Superboy Prime Punch resurrection: It wasn't bad because it was dumb, it was bad because it was a blatant cheat to bring back a character nobody wanted back, and that they had gone to great lengths to show COULDN'T be brought back under any circumstances anyway.

But see, it originally wasn't supposed to be the real Jason, just an alternate-Earth one that slipped through the cracks in the build-up to Infinite Crisis. That was supposed to be the big reveal, that the "real" Jason was still dead, but that there was all kinds of shenanigans going on on account of Alex Luthor's tinkering with parallel Earths, and the Red Hood Jason was just a doppelganger. Should've kept it that way. F*ckin' Judd Winick.

There was a time, briefly, where I believed they were gonna do the Big Story that finally justified bringing Jason back. They never did, so f*ck that guy. :lol: I don't care HOW they say he came back to life, that's just plain Epic Fail, and f*ck 'em in the ear for tryin'.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-12-2015, 03:40 PM
What is it now, they just pushed him into a Lazarus Pit? Just curious.

One thing I really liked during the "Jason is f*cking DEAD and he's never coming back" era, was they went out of their way to prove it. They did a story once where in a flashback to shortly after Jason died, Alfred (I think) wondered out loud if that was possible, to resurrect Jason in a Lazarus Pit, and Bruce showed him Jason's corpse, which was ALL kinds'a f*cked up by the bomb and the fact that his body wasn't taken care of properly since they were in Ethiopia and Jason's corpse had already horribly decomposed, plus he would have had irreversable brain damage from the crowbar to the skull, so they were pretty much beating the point home, "He's TOO DEAD to even use the Lazarus Pit. Okay? Get it? HE'S NEVER COMING BACK. Swear to GOD, he's dead, we promise."

That's a big reason why he never should have come back, they covered ALL the bases to make sure it was impossible, then they did it anyway. That's the WORST part of the Superboy Prime Punch resurrection: It wasn't bad because it was dumb, it was bad because it was a blatant cheat to bring back a character nobody wanted back, and that they had gone to great lengths to show COULDN'T be brought back under any circumstances anyway.

But see, it originally wasn't supposed to be the real Jason, just an alternate-Earth one that slipped through the cracks in the build-up to Infinite Crisis. That was supposed to be the big reveal, that the "real" Jason was still dead, but that there was all kinds of shenanigans going on on account of Alex Luthor's tinkering with parallel Earths, and the Red Hood Jason was just a doppelganger. Should've kept it that way. F*ckin' Judd Winick.

There was a time, briefly, where I believed they were gonna do the Big Story that finally justified bringing Jason back. They never did, so f*ck that guy. :lol: I don't care HOW they say he came back to life, that's just plain Epic Fail, and f*ck 'em in the ear for tryin'.

Wow, I didn't know half of that! Pretty cool stuff!

Leo656
12-13-2015, 03:11 AM
I also find, that for those who for some reason have some kind of affection for Jason Todd... reading "Countdown (To Final Crisis)" has a way of curing that. :lol:

Everyone in that horrible book was an insufferable tw@t but he was the MOST insufferable of all. :lol: Except maybe Superman Prime, but that's stiff competition.