PDA

View Full Version : Nendoroid Red Rage

Pizzalover94
12-06-2014, 09:30 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7imnWkvu5WhNGx_fGhygaXNNgfYd6U ePSDERiPK7ottEfe0oC

Venting Time!

So, Nendoroid Red, one of the best Nendoroids ever IMO, was limited only to Japanese Pokemon Center stores and Amazon Japan, had an extremely limited supply, and was limited to one per person, which I will admit cuts down on scalping. Why does GoodSmile hate us U.S. collectors? I am using hyperbole here, but seriously? This figure would still be selling like hotcakes if there was more supply. I know there are forwarding services, but Pokemon is popular all over the world, and this is the first action figure of Red ever that I know of.

I know that this figure has been out for a couple of months, but I did not know about it until a few weeks ago. If I would have known about it sooner, I could have gotten it for a much better price. The going rate seems to be about $130+ now, and I just can't really justify paying that much. Do you think the price will go up, down, or stay the same?

I just don't get what is up with these companies. They come out with figures that are all but guaranteed to sell well, limit the supply, and leave those who missed out due to lack of funds/not knowing about it to pay ridiculous after-market prices. I mean, I know a lot of these products are exclusives/limited as part of their draw, but come on. This is what happened with DBZ Figuarts. Vegeta, Trunks, and Gohan were exclusives, and now all go for crazy money. So crazy in fact, that bootlegs of Vegeta go for the regular Figuarts price. I just hope a decent bootleg of Red comes out. If people will pay for bootlegs, they will most certainly pay for the real deal. I understand why companies like exclusivity, but I think a good solution would be to reissue these items, but with slight modifications so that the original releases still stay exclusive.

snake
12-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Importing is expensive. Limited stuff sells well.

Powder
12-06-2014, 09:50 PM
I had been at one time considering this figure (it's soooooo cute & the fact it comes with the starters is great incentive) but yeah the aftermarket prices are just insane. They're pricey to begin with, let alone getting one second-hand AND importing it.

On the topic of Nendo's, I hope we get TMNT ones.

Pizzalover94
12-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Importing is expensive. Limited stuff sells well.

I know. I have all four Revoltech Turtles, which I bought from HLJ. I just bought a Nendoroid Sonic for about $60, and I have some DBZ and MMPR Figuarts as well. I understand that importing is expensive and that limited stuff sells well. The problem I have is when a $50 figure goes for well over $130 just a few weeks/months after release. SSJ Vegeta goes for about $300 on Ebay now, and that is just ludicrous to me. Red and Vegeta are going for so much not only because they are limited, but also because they are the only good figures of these characters basically. Goku is still on Amazon for $40 months after release, and he is a very popular character, but so is Vegeta, who probably has a lot less stock than Goku does.

Pizzalover94
12-06-2014, 10:04 PM
I had been at one time considering this figure (it's soooooo cute & the fact it comes with the starters is great incentive) but yeah the aftermarket prices are just insane. They're pricey to begin with, let alone getting one second-hand AND importing it.

On the topic of Nendo's, I hope we get TMNT ones.

Yeah, TMNT ones would be awesome. Let's hope those statues sell well enough for GSC to consider them. I don't think the statue sales will be a good indicator though. TMNT Nendos are sure to do better in sales than those statues, just based on price alone. This is the same situation as the snake Karai figure.

PangolinFeets
12-06-2014, 10:09 PM
I get your frustration. I paid quite a bit for my Professor Layton Revoltech figure.
I don't even want to think about how much the TMNT Revoltechs will go for once the first run sells out.

Pizzalover94
12-06-2014, 10:17 PM
I get your frustration. I paid quite a bit for my Professor Layton Revoltech figure.
I don't even want to think about how much the TMNT Revoltechs will go for once the first run sells out.

Thanks for understanding. I love being a collector, and I am happy that these figures even exist. This is a two-way street I will admit, and I have plenty of Japanese figures (including a set of TMNT Revoltechs) that will hopefully go up in value just as much as Red and Vegeta have. I will seriously buy a bootleg Red if it is good enough.

snake
12-07-2014, 11:10 PM
I know. I have all four Revoltech Turtles, which I bought from HLJ. I just bought a Nendoroid Sonic for about $60, and I have some DBZ and MMPR Figuarts as well. I understand that importing is expensive and that limited stuff sells well. The problem I have is when a $50 figure goes for well over $130 just a few weeks/months after release. SSJ Vegeta goes for about $300 on Ebay now, and that is just ludicrous to me. Red and Vegeta are going for so much not only because they are limited, but also because they are the only good figures of these characters basically. Goku is still on Amazon for $40 months after release, and he is a very popular character, but so is Vegeta, who probably has a lot less stock than Goku does.

Man, I just want that Buu figure. I missed out on brolly, but I'm NOT missing out on bubble gum man.

pandaderek
12-08-2014, 12:36 PM
That's the culture and where it's centered. There's a lot of art, here in the US, that is very limited that many, out of the country, can't obtain or have an equally difficult time, trying to.

Pizzalover94
12-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Man, I just want that Buu figure. I missed out on brolly, but I'm NOT missing out on bubble gum man.

Broly is still available on Amazon for pre-order.

snake
12-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Broly is still available on Amazon for pre-order.

I didn't think and blew my money on something else before he went up. I'm secured for Buu though.

Pizzalover94
12-17-2014, 09:49 PM
Well, Red is on stock in North America on Amazon and PokemonCenter.com for $49.99 and free shipping. It appears that my cries have been heard!