PDA

View Full Version : Will interview Michael Pressman soon!

Raph
12-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Hi dudes and dudettes,

I will interview Michael Pressman, the director from TMNT II - Secret of the Ooze next week.
If any of you have any particular questions that you're dying to ask him, leave them here in the comments and I'll probably include them in my interview next week!

Aaronardo
12-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Hmm, I guess all I can think of is "Where exactly did the tone-change from the first movie to the second movie come from?" And I'm pretty sure I know the answer. But, maybe I don't. :P

J.D.
12-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Why Shredder didn't have any fight sceenes with Turtles (well supa Shredd doesn't count for me)? Anyhow it's still best TMNT movie for me - don't know why perhaps bcs. it was my first Turtle movie i watched :D

bushido
12-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Good stuff :tgrin: Here are mine :

- How was he hired ?
- Who had the idea to use Vanilla Ice for the soundtrack ?
- Initially, was the film to be as dark as the first ?
- What about Jordan Perry supposed to be an utrom ? Did he shot some scenes with him as an utrom ?
- Is it true that Eastman & Laird refused to see Bebop & Rocksteady in the film, that's why Tokka & Razzhar were created instead ?
- Why Judith Hoag did not come back as April ? I read contradictory things about that

Maybe more questions will come later...thanks bro :twink:

saul
12-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Did he feel there were enough football references? (It seems he's a huge fan)
Did he read the comics or watch the show?
Originally the plot was supposed to have more of an environmental slant (with April doing an environmental report). How much of this was cut or altered?

TrickOrTreater
12-08-2014, 01:17 AM
Don't have a question, but let him know a random internet guy's younger self and older self love the movie and still have the entire thing memorized from when I wore out the VHS, and that I appreciate giving my childhood more awesome things.

Autbot_Benz
12-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Don't have a question, but let him know a random internet guy's younger self and older self love the movie and still have the entire thing memorized from when I wore out the VHS, and that I appreciate giving my childhood more awesome things.

Agreed I rented SOTO so much as a kid Its the one I grew up with. Though now i am older I favor the first movie a little more

Raph
12-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys, will definitly use those question! I'll keep you all posted here!

SS Kakarot
12-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Looking forward to reading the interview, have fun!

The only questions I can think of right now are obvious ones;

- If he has seen the 2014 movie, and if so, how he felt about it compared to SOTO and the other two original movies.

- If there was any particular reason why Casey Jones was not in the movie.

bushido
12-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks guys, will definitly use those question! I'll keep you all posted here!

We count on you brother

http://media.giphy.com/media/VnFHH1dZHmeUo/giphy.gif

discordiatookie
12-08-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm always rubbish at thinking of questions, I'd make a rubbish reporter. So I'll just say good luck with the interview and I look forward to reading it!

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
12-09-2014, 12:07 PM
What were some of the challenges in staging action scenes that were required to keep things fairly light and playful?

TigerClaw
12-09-2014, 04:45 PM
I heard that Bebop and Rocksteady were originally gonna be part of this sequel, But you guys couldn't bring them due to Licensing issues, Before Tokka and Rahzar were created, Did you had other ideas of other mutants you wanted to bring, But couldn't?

Powder
12-09-2014, 06:11 PM
I heard that Bebop and Rocksteady were originally gonna be part of this sequel, But you guys couldn't bring them due to Licensing issues, Before Tokka and Rahzar were created, Did you had other ideas of other mutants you wanted to bring, But couldn't?

Disregard this question. That's not even true. Kevin & Peter said they were completely against the inclusion of B&R, but the folks behind it insisted on introducing new mutant villains, so they asked the boys to come up with their own. That's when Kevin Eastman designed Tokka & Rahzar.

& lest anyone question that, here are the works he submitted to them that they then tweaked for ease of the prop makers-
http://i59.tinypic.com/vdn60n.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/n3vzf7.jpg

d_osborn
12-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Cool! Can't wait to read the interview! Here are a few questions... hopefully I'm not too late.

-Were there any different pitches/potential storylines in the mix, other than what Todd Langen was writing, during development?

-How much creative freedom did Golden Harvest give during the production?

-The creature design of the TMNT changed a little from the first film. Were these design changes requested by Golden Harvest or more from your direction? Possibly suggestions from the Henson gang?

-Were there any early discussions on bringing back Judith Hoag and Elias Koteas for the April and Casey Jones roles from the first film? Were these changes from the first film requested by Golden Harvest?

-Were there any rumors/ideas/plans floating around for a potential third TMNT film during or after production of OOZE?

-Hindsight always seems to be 20/20. Looking back, is there anything from the film that you would change if given the chance?

-Any funny stories from the production?

Raph
12-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Thank you all for the great questions. I'm waiting for a confirmation from Michael Pressman, so expect an interview real soon!

Shark_Blade
12-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Do you regret not putting weapons/real fights in the movie?

Purse Grabbin Puke
12-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Disregard this question. That's not even true. Kevin & Peter said they were completely against the inclusion of B&R, but the folks behind it insisted on introducing new mutant villains, so they asked the boys to come up with their own. That's when Kevin Eastman designed Tokka & Rahzar.

& lest anyone question that, here are the works he submitted to them that they then tweaked for ease of the prop makers-
http://i59.tinypic.com/vdn60n.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/n3vzf7.jpg

I could have sworn Eastman said they couldn't figure out the costumes for B&R and T&R ended up just being made out of the failed B&R costumes.

A lot of question that have been asked can be answered by watching Turtle Power, They go into why it failed so much and the pressure from the studio because parents complained, even Judith Hoag thought the original movie was too violent and that's why she dropped out.

A few things I would like to know, was there any talk of NOT using Shredder as the main villain?

Did Ernie Reyes do stunts for the turtles when his character wasn't on screen?

Was there any thought to getting a Corey Feldman sound-a-like for Donnie?

Why was TGRI used and not TCRI?

Was the pressure to make it a more lighter film the reason for Raph having a much better attitude vs the first movie?

Who came up with the idea of having Shredder defeated by a speaker exploding?

The Boston Ninja Turtle
12-24-2014, 09:17 PM
Did he have a chance to work along side Jim Henson?

bushido
12-25-2014, 04:54 AM
Did he have a chance to work along side Jim Henson?

He died 2 months after the release of the first movie so I don't think so

Powder
12-25-2014, 08:33 AM
I could have sworn Eastman said they couldn't figure out the costumes for B&R and T&R ended up just being made out of the failed B&R costumes.

Why was TGRI used and not TCRI?

It's possible that he did say that, as Kevin has a habit of contradicting himself & giving different answers at different times/interviews. :tlol: But I read that on Pete's blog, he said they were both vehemently against it. In previous years I thought it to be a matter of the two characters being too expensive to produce, but now I've got the facts from Pete, so I'll go with that. :trazz:

As for your other question, that's actually another thing Mr. Laird addressed in a blog. At the time, there was an existing company who had the name TCRI & the rights were theirs, so the team was forced to change it to TGRI.