PDA

View Full Version : TMNTFF time traveling question

TurtleFan2012
12-09-2014, 11:52 PM
I know we're not supposed to think too hard about time travel in cartoons, but wouldn't all the hard work the turtles did in the future be erased? All the future villains they defeated and people they saved in the Cody's time could be undone.

Then again, Cody's world is nice and peaceful, meaning the turtles in that world died of old age. Cody is lucky his world didn't transform into a world where Shredder rule due to the turtles and Splinter's long absence.

evan2000
12-10-2014, 02:08 AM
Why would their hard work be undone just because they eventually travelled back? They time-travelled from 2005 to 2105 and probably remained there for a year or so before being zapped back (most likely from 2106 to 2006 since April/Casey did notice their disappearance for a while), so whatever they have done during that year (2105-2106) would stay!

Just like if you move to my house to stay for a week and help me paint my house, the following week when you go home, my house would not be unpainted, right?

AT-Man
12-10-2014, 03:09 AM
The future world should be one where the Turtles just vanished 100 years ago and Shredder would most likely be the ruler. Now it's more like another reality's future, where the TMNT have already lived and died.

Ulisa
12-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Depends on what theory of time travel you ascribe to. There's the theory that everything happens in one timeline, there's the theory that each decision creates a separate universe, there's the theory that everything is predetermined, etc.

So on the one hand, yes there's a possibility that their work could be undone or the theory that the future is the way it is because it was already predestined for them to fix it...

Time travel can be fun but can also be s headache. Personally I've always liked the multiple universe theory.

TigerClaw
12-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Depends on what theory of time travel you ascribe to. There's the theory that everything happens in one timeline, there's the theory that each decision creates a separate universe, there's the theory that everything is predetermined, etc.

So on the one hand, yes there's a possibility that their work could be undone or the theory that the future is the way it is because it was already predestined for them to fix it...

Time travel can be fun but can also be s headache. Personally I've always liked the multiple universe theory.
So basically the whole Quantum Theory thing

ABrown
12-11-2014, 12:09 PM
I guess I don't understand the question. Why would everything have been undone/erased? I don't remember the Turtles and Master Splinter ever saying anything about making sure that they do anything to keep that future from coming to be.

TigerClaw
12-11-2014, 12:38 PM
I guess I don't understand the question. Why would everything have been undone/erased? I don't remember the Turtles and Master Splinter ever saying anything about making sure that they do anything to keep that future from coming to be.
I dont think anything they do in the present will change that future, If we learned anything from the 2009 Star Trek film, the TNG timeline is still intact and what happened in the past, created an alternate timeline.