PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!

us_sofcskey
12-10-2014, 05:44 AM
Well I'm just now getting around to watching the 2k3 series after all these years.

Right now I just finished watching notes from the underground part 1 this morning.

So half of season 1 down in 2 days...... The show so far is amazing..... I grew up watching the FW cartoon and loved it and bought that whole collection back in 2012 on dvd and still haven't finished it, I think I'm somewhere on the European vacation on season 7.

I can only watch 2 or so eps of the FW cartoon then I get bored and have to do something else, however the 2k3 series I can watch 6 or 7 then I have to make myself take a break.

Overall much better pacing and so far love the 2k3 series.... glad I'm finally sitting down and enjoying it:tcool:

LeotheLateBloomer
12-10-2014, 06:24 AM
I'm glad that you like it. Yeah, I grew up with the 87 cartoon as well and I can without a doubt say that I enjoy this cartoon more than the OT. It truly is amazing.

TMNachoT
12-10-2014, 06:54 AM
I saw the old toon when i was a kid, now a lost interest for that show, there is a bit of nostalgia (just for thje first season), but just that. But with the 2K3 series is something different, i really like it. Good t know u enjoy it!

us_sofcskey
12-10-2014, 07:26 AM
still thinks it's weird how they do splinter's origins story though.... 2k3 did it with him being a rat that got mutated.

same as the comics and the movies..... whereas in the fw series he was a human that got mutated into a rat.

Makes you wonder how they decided to make the decision in the nick toon to make him human first considering the fw series was basically one of the few if not the only that had that origin of him being human first.

mrminister4446
12-10-2014, 08:04 AM
I've watched the 2k3 series twice now. The first time I started at season 3, because when I was a kid, they never aired the seasons after 1 and 2. I only decided to watch it because when I was a kid, this show was amazing, and I was suprised that I had missed soo much. It was truly epic. Now I've watched it again from the start, and I still find it to be as cool as it was when I was little.

tmntpower1988
12-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Yeah the 2k3 series is awesome :D Much better than the FW and Nick shows. It's really underrated and doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I'll never understand why FW and Nick are more popular than this show :ohwell:

DarkLightDragon
12-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Cool to hear you're liking it so far!

And hearing you're only on Notes from the Underground so far, I can definitely tell you it's only going to get better.

*Is totally not referring to The Shredder Strikes Back or some other potential spoiler stuff for you*:P

us_sofcskey
12-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Just finished monster hunter episode this morning .... so far the shredder strikes back arc is my favorite so far..... notes from the underground arc was alright and tales for leo was pretty good.

It's funny I was a teenager when this show premiered in 2003 but after watching the first 20 episodes the only ones I had seen before were the first 12.

I guess the turtle titan episode turned me off when I was 14 I guess, because other than the first 12 the only other 2k3 stuff I had seen was turtles forever.

evan2000
12-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Just finished monster hunter episode this morning .... so far the shredder strikes back arc is my favorite so far..... notes from the underground arc was alright and tales for leo was pretty good.

It's funny I was a teenager when this show premiered in 2003 but after watching the first 20 episodes the only ones I had seen before were the first 12.

I guess the turtle titan episode turned me off when I was 14 I guess, because other than the first 12 the only other 2k3 stuff I had seen was turtles forever.
Glad you're enjoying the series! Though you shouldn't have watched Turtles Forever - the FINALE of the 2k3 series - before everything else. There are just too my things spoiled for you as it is.

But eh, it's done, just continue enjoying the series in sequence and you'll be fine. Have fun!

us_sofcskey
12-11-2014, 01:07 PM
I watched turtles forever when it came out on tv in 2009... the 87 toon character crossover got me interested to watch it..... I own it on dvd now too .... but it didn't really ruin much of the series except shredder was an alien that they froze.

But if you lurk around here much its hard not to read that at some point.

ABrown
12-12-2014, 06:52 PM
I watched turtles forever when it came out on tv in 2009... the 87 toon character crossover got me interested to watch it..... I own it on dvd now too .... but it didn't really ruin much of the series except shredder was an alien that they froze.

Interesting. So you knew about the Shredder's true identity going into the series. I have to admit, my curiosity is peaked. What opinions, and or questions, have you formed about the character watching the first season with the knowledge that you have?

Netkeeper
12-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Interesting. So you knew about the Shredder's true identity going into the series.
I did too when I did my first run-through of the series. I was sure I'd hate that but I ended up really liking that twist.

us_sofcskey
12-14-2014, 08:13 PM
It didn't change much for me I think .... The way they introduced shredder as an utrom up to that point I still wasn't sure if maybe he was human working for the utrom or not.

Overall still enjoying the series bout half way through S2 just finished the leather head episode

tmntpower1988
12-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Interesting. So you knew about the Shredder's true identity going into the series. I have to admit, my curiosity is peaked. What opinions, and or questions, have you formed about the character watching the first season with the knowledge that you have?

I knew about Shredder being an Utrom before watching the series. I found out his identity when I played the Battle Nexus game.

Davetello
12-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Well played, man. I'm so jealous when I hear someone has started watching this for the first time. I wanna wipe my memory of it and Mirage so I can enjoy it without knowing what will happen :)

CyberCubed
12-14-2014, 11:15 PM
I think I've watched through the entire series around 5 times. Of course I originally followed it when it aired from February 2003 to 2009 when it ended. I saw every episode when it aired for the first time when it was "new" and followed it the entire run.

Davetello
12-14-2014, 11:19 PM
I think I've watched through the entire series around 5 times. Of course I originally followed it when it aired from February 2003 to 2009 when it ended. I saw every episode when it aired for the first time when it was "new" and followed it the entire run.

Well done, that's some commitment and achievement to see them all when they first aired. There must be something special about knowing you're amongst the first people on the planet to see something. I'm not able to do that with American shows as I'm not one of you.

But yeah, I must have seen it through about five times too. Truly spectacular show.

CyberCubed
12-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Well done, that's some commitment and achievement to see them all when they first aired. There must be something special about knowing you're amongst the first people on the planet to see something. I'm not able to do that with American shows as I'm not one of you.

But yeah, I must have seen it through about five times too. Truly spectacular show.

It was also truly exciting at the time because it was the first time Turtles came back. Back then nobody ever expected TMNT to return with a new cartoon show, it was a shock in itself.

The fact that the show started off darker resembling the DC shows like Batman/Superman and Justice League at the time got me really excited too. In fact that's what everyone compared it to when it first came out, the DC animated universe and Gargoyles...I was happy we got a TMNT show that could be compared with them

Davetello
12-14-2014, 11:25 PM
It was also truly exciting at the time because it was the first time Turtles came back. Back then nobody ever expected TMNT to return with a new cartoon show, it was a shock in itself.

The fact that the show started off darker resembling the DC shows like Batman/Superman and Justice League at the time got me really excited too. In fact that's what everyone compared it to when it first came out, the DC animated universe and Gargoyles...I was happy we got a TMNT show that could be compared with them

Yes, as said before, it first came to my attention in November 03, when it was being shown on Sky TV, I think it was the Cartoon Network or Jetix. I came across "Tales of Leo" and started watching from there, then went back to fill in the previous eps.

Like you say it was mature, in the vein of the likes of JL, Gargoyles etc. Truly wonderful show and the serial storytelling was fantastic. It's a shame that so many people refuse to acknowledge it because they can't see the TMNT as anything other than the FW series they were raised with.

Brooke507
12-14-2014, 11:39 PM
I watched season one episode 2 of the 2k3 series last night! I love it!

Davetello
12-14-2014, 11:44 PM
Fantastic, Brooke. You have to keep going and view at least the first four seasons, now :)

Brooke507
12-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Fantastic, Brooke. You have to keep going and view at least the first four seasons, now :)

Ok :) I plan to.

Davetello
12-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Ok :) I plan to.

Great. Remember to let us all know how you feel about it :)

Mandy Chan
12-15-2014, 04:13 AM
I got to admit, Shredder being an Utrom was an interesting twist. But all in all it is a really good series. Glad you are enjoying it.

us_sofcskey
12-15-2014, 05:45 AM
on the city at war arc now saw the first two episodes.... so far in s2 my favorite is the space episodes.... something about them I really enjoyed them

tmntpower1988
12-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Like you say it was mature, in the vein of the likes of JL, Gargoyles etc. Truly wonderful show and the serial storytelling was fantastic. It's a shame that so many people refuse to acknowledge it because they can't see the TMNT as anything other than the FW series they were raised with.

Yeah I don't know why people can't accept other incarnations. Same way people hate campy super hero shows and want every super hero cartoon to be dark.

on the city at war arc now saw the first two episodes.... so far in s2 my favorite is the space episodes.... something about them I really enjoyed them

The turtles in space episodes were great. I loved the way the turtles kicked Triceraton butt :D

k_lala
12-15-2014, 01:42 PM
So this is the first time you've ever watched the series? I like to hear fans opinions who haven't seen this before, kind of interesting. Also having them compare it to other shows or even the Nick show.

k_lala
12-15-2014, 01:47 PM
still thinks it's weird how they do splinter's origins story though.... 2k3 did it with him being a rat that got mutated.

same as the comics and the movies..... whereas in the fw series he was a human that got mutated into a rat.

Makes you wonder how they decided to make the decision in the nick toon to make him human first considering the fw series was basically one of the few if not the only that had that origin of him being human first.

I think it was more so they wanted to do something different or have there spin on it. Nick really is just combining what was successful from OT and 2k3 in a way.

us_sofcskey
12-19-2014, 11:13 AM
On the big brawl episodes at the end of S2 now..... Question still might be a few more weeks before I get there.

I know there is 7 seasons total I understand you had season 1-4 then the FF season then the "lost" episodes or ninja tribunal eps then the last season BTTS season.

I understand to watch S1-S4 in order and watch BTTS last, however once I'm done with season 4 should I watch the ninja tribunal episodes first before FF since that is where they were supposed to be in order or should I watch FF first because it aired first on television.

FoxBoxKid
12-19-2014, 12:13 PM
On the big brawl episodes at the end of S2 now..... Question still might be a few more weeks before I get there.

I know there is 7 seasons total I understand you had season 1-4 then the FF season then the "lost" episodes or ninja tribunal eps then the last season BTTS season.

I understand to watch S1-S4 in order and watch BTTS last, however once I'm done with season 4 should I watch the ninja tribunal episodes first before FF since that is where they were supposed to be in order or should I watch FF first because it aired first on television.

Watch the Ninja Tribunal first.

us_sofcskey
12-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Early Christmas present for me ....

Xav
12-19-2014, 08:32 PM

I understand to watch S1-S4 in order and watch BTTS last, however once I'm done with season 4 should I watch the ninja tribunal episodes first before FF since that is where they were supposed to be in order or should I watch FF first because it aired first on television.Ninja Tribunal, season 4 ends on a cliffhanger that leads right into it.

us_sofcskey
03-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Another update in the middle of season 5 now.... been taking my time usually just 4 or 5 episodes a week.

So far my favorite episodes/arc are

The Shredder strikes back
Turtles in Space
City at War
Space Invaders
World's Collide
The Lesson
Same as it Never Was
Bad Day

On the fence about the legends of the five dragons episode still iffy on the ninja tribunal season

Technogeek29
03-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Another update in the middle of season 5 now.... been taking my time usually just 4 or 5 episodes a week.

So far my favorite episodes/arc are

The Shredder strikes back
Turtles in Space
City at War
Space Invaders
World's Collide
The Lesson
Same as it Never Was
Bad Day

On the fence about the legends of the five dragons episode still iffy on the ninja tribunal season

Ah so you've come to know the character Bishop? Starting to see why he has such a huge fan base?

ImmaAxolotl
03-08-2015, 04:09 PM
I remember how I watched the show when I was little. While I did love it, I didn't have nearly as much respect for it as I do now. Heck, after Turtles Forever aired I practically forgot about the 2K3 series! It was only a few months ago that I re-got into the show, and it was in the strangest way, too.

RBT
03-12-2015, 05:02 PM
I grew up with the FW Series and I was 19/20 by the time the 2k3 series aired and subsequently I only caught a few episodes and never really gave it much thought, however recently I've been watching the nick toons series with my nephew and decided to give it another shot.
Honestly it's rapidly becoming one of my favourite incarnation of the turtles. I like how its darker than the FW series yet still remains the humour, I'm only two seasons in so far and I look forward to the rest of the series.

Shiro Kame
04-10-2015, 10:26 PM
I decided to do the same 2 years ago. Boy was I glad when I did... Too bad there isn't going to be DVD sets for a while...

Danetello
05-16-2015, 10:24 AM
I find this thread interesting. I have seen all the 1987 series, all six movies, read some of the Mirage comics, read all of IDW to date and seen all of 2012 series to date - yet I have never watched past the first two episodes of 2003!! What's funny is that I lurk on the 2003 boards here anyway just to read peoples' thoughts and opinions - so I know a lot about the show before I even watch it. I even have ALL of 2003 on DVD! (I even have the Australian releases, as I was pretty hard core about making sure I had a complete collection for when the day came I decided to watch them.)
I think I need to rectify this situation and start watching them soon, LOL.

yellowmario27
05-16-2015, 10:33 AM
I find this thread interesting. I have seen all the 1987 series, all six movies, read some of the Mirage comics, read all of IDW to date and seen all of 2012 series to date - yet I have never watched past the first two episodes of 2003!!

It definitely get's better after the first few episodes, I also thought it wasn't that great in the beginning.
The plot and everything gets better! Take all of our words for it :P

Redeemer
05-16-2015, 08:17 PM
I find this thread interesting. I have seen all the 1987 series, all six movies, read some of the Mirage comics, read all of IDW to date and seen all of 2012 series to date - yet I have never watched past the first two episodes of 2003!! What's funny is that I lurk on the 2003 boards here anyway just to read peoples' thoughts and opinions - so I know a lot about the show before I even watch it. I even have ALL of 2003 on DVD! (I even have the Australian releases, as I was pretty hard core about making sure I had a complete collection for when the day came I decided to watch them.)
I think I need to rectify this situation and start watching them soon, LOL.

You just need to have a marathon this weekend :D

aliena
05-18-2015, 03:59 PM
I'm half way through season 3 now and I'm wondering how I lived without seeing this show. I must go back and watch them all again since I've been binging three and four episodes a night.

Hands down my favorite Raph of all time and I love the continuity. It's so refreshing! Lot's of favorite episodes, but I don't recall the titles. I think I better jot them down as I go.

Netkeeper
05-18-2015, 10:34 PM
I'm half way through season 3 now and I'm wondering how I lived without seeing this show. I must go back and watch them all again since I've been binging three and four episodes a night.

Hands down my favorite Raph of all time and I love the continuity. It's so refreshing! Lot's of favorite episodes, but I don't recall the titles. I think I better jot them down as I go.
I am not surprised at all that you're loving it. Glad you're enjoying it!

mrminister4446
05-19-2015, 05:49 AM
It definitely get's better after the first few episodes, I also thought it wasn't that great in the beginning.
The plot and everything gets better! Take all of our words for it :P

I think that the filler episodes get a bit boring to watch too

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-19-2015, 07:43 AM

That's what I was wondering. :tlol:

I know a lot of people love the Nick cartoon, but for me, 4Kids TMNT is the definitive cartoon. Closest to the source material, and with the most serious take.

Now there are a lot of elements in Nick that I would love, but there are a number of elements that also frustrate me... 4Kids Seasons 1 through 4 are golden to me.

aliena
05-19-2015, 07:27 PM
That's what I was wondering. :tlol:

I know a lot of people love the Nick cartoon, but for me, 4Kids TMNT is the definitive cartoon. Closest to the source material, and with the most serious take.

Now there are a lot of elements in Nick that I would love, but there are a number of elements that also frustrate me... 4Kids Seasons 1 through 4 are golden to me.

I must admit that I struggled through some earlier episodes, but it slowly began to get better for me. I think I was trying too hard to compare it to Nick, but there is no comparison.

So many good things about it...I just adore Raph and Leo, Leatherhead, Bishop, the writing, the action, the adventure, the Lair, the daring risks for a kids show! My head is going to explode! This is how you show respect for the fans. No wonder everyone writes fic about this show in particular.

I just watched Exodus last night, OMG, amazing episodes. I can't believe Karai did what she just did. Get away from Leo you bitch! Why do I get the feeling that Shredder is going to get off that ice meteor?