PDA

View Full Version : How would you compare the 2k3 Splinter to the 1987 and 2k12 Splinter

Mugic
12-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Do you think he's meh or do you think he's the best Splinter of the three series, i'm asking this because i know the 2K3 series is the most underlooked by fans and i wanted to know how does the fanbase view the 2003 version of Splinter compared to the Splinters of the 1987 and 2012 series :lol:

Ulisa
12-11-2014, 11:38 AM
I think I like 87 Splinter a little better than 2k3 Splinter and I prefer both of them over Nick Splinter. I like 2k3 Splinter; he's funny, devoted and can still kick some tail. However, I also thought he was needlessly harsh at times which definitely affected how much I liked him. I do like his view on the turtles being more fatherly than 87 Splinter though

snake
12-11-2014, 11:49 AM
I like 2k12 splinter. 87 is pretty cool too. 2k3 is alright.

ABrown
12-11-2014, 12:03 PM
I love the 4Kids Splinter. Easily my favorite version of the character. I have nothing against the Fred Wolf version, I definitely liked the character. I do NOT like the Nickelodeon version though. I don't like that he's 7 foot tall. Master Splinter is supposed to be short, their version just doesn't work for me.

Aaronardo
12-11-2014, 02:48 PM
I always thought the FW version seemed a little detached from the TMNT, but he did seem more like a wise man than the other two. Just, you know, not like a father. I'm fine with the 2k3 version. He can kick ass and take names, he's fatherly, and he's really wise, but he's always getting captured. I mean, how many arcs has it been when the Turtles had to track Splinter down and go through a whole lot of trouble to find him?
Finally, there's the Nick version, which is a lot more fatherly than the other two imo. His size emphasizes this idea. So, all-in-all, FW is more wise, 2k3 is the most badass, and Nick is the most fatherly. So, I really don't have a favorite Splinter.

Leo656
12-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Even though I don't prefer it for almost anything else, I'm pretty sure the OT has my favorite Splinter. And April.

pennydreadful
12-11-2014, 03:51 PM
2k3 Splinter is great.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-11-2014, 04:29 PM
I prefer the 2k3 Splinter in MOST aspects, but I DO like OT's origin better. Now if we're going to go by character design, I like Nick's. He's just very interesting visually, and LOOKS like a rat. I also like how he is more than one color, as many pet rats are. But 2k3 Splinter is also very cool visually, so it's a toss-up on that aspect. I don't like Nick Splinter's temper, though. He can be really hard on them at times. Almost to the point where it seems he doesn't allow them to just be teens, but expects them to be full-time ninjas. They're KIDS, for heaven's sake! Let them grow and learn and make mistakes once in a while!

Leo656
12-11-2014, 08:32 PM
I liked 2K3 Splinter's deadpan humor. His line, "This is what I deal with every day" to April regarding the guys, that just kills me every single time.

Netkeeper
12-11-2014, 08:38 PM
I love the 4Kids Splinter. Easily my favorite version of the character. I have nothing against the Fred Wolf version, I definitely liked the character. I do NOT like the Nickelodeon version though. I don't like that he's 7 foot tall. Master Splinter is supposed to be short, their version just doesn't work for me.
Pretty much this. Splinter's a rat, rats are smaller than turtles. 2k12 Splinter's also got way too much going on in his design. It's too busy. Keep it simpler, like the 87 and 2k3 Splinters. 2k12 Splinter does have one of the better voices, though.

2k3 Splinter is so cute, so hilarious, and so badass. He's the perfect half-dad-half-sensei.

shuriken
12-11-2014, 11:38 PM
^^ I agree with this.
I like em all for different reasons, but my least favorite is probably 87 Splinter.

ShelleyQuick
12-12-2014, 07:12 AM
My favorite Splinter is the 2012, I like his design and I like that he is so fatherly. Plus the voice actor is amazing, I could watch an entire episode of Splinter telling stories.
I love the '87 splinter, but, the family aspect of the show was missing and that's something I really love.
I can't make any judgments or assumptions on the 2k3 Splinter because I the only thing I've seen so far of 2k3 is the "Turtles Forever" movie.

neatoman
12-12-2014, 09:55 AM
The 4kids Splinter is grumpy, somewhat vengeful and more stern compared to the other cartoon Splinters.

pingclang
12-12-2014, 12:08 PM
2k3, easy. I like the voice of 87 a bit more, but 2k3 is a better character. His origin and attitude are so faithful to classic Splinter, at least to me.

LeotheLateBloomer
12-12-2014, 09:17 PM
The 4kids Splinter is grumpy, somewhat vengeful and more stern compared to the other cartoon Splinters.

Psshh... That's 2012 Splinter to me!

I love 2003 Splinter because he can be viewed in different ways. He can either be strict with his sons or even playful with them. I love how He beat Casey in chess/checkers in one episode of Season 4. Splinter in the OT was cool but I don't think he treated the turtles like his sons. There really wasn't much bond between them. Nick Splinter is also pretty good and knows how to handle himself pretty well. However, I feel that he can be a bit mean-spirited with his sons and I feel that him being taller gives him more of the upper hand against any for around his height or smaller.

Warhorse
12-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I liked 2K3 Splinter's deadpan humor. His line, "This is what I deal with every day" to April regarding the guys, that just kills me every single time.

Same here! That line alone makes him my favorite Splinter. Right behind him would probably be the 1990 movie version.

Mandy Chan
12-15-2014, 04:25 AM
I love the 2k3 Splinter. The things he comes up with is hilarious

"Yes, pizza sounds very appetizing right now. With pepperoni. And karma."

Or something like that.

Donnieangelo
12-22-2014, 01:00 PM
2k3 takes the cake for me!

My favorite line from him has to be: "This is what I live with all the time."

Yep, that's after Mikey does the greatest stunt known to man... BURPING. Okay, maybe it's not that great.

BubblyShell22
12-22-2014, 03:55 PM
I loved 2K3 Splinter so much. He had some good lines like the one mentioned about living with them all of the time and the one where he was playing poker and said, "If one does not know how to pay, one must not play. Suckers." So awesome.

As for comparing him to the other Splinters, I do like him better than the FW Splinter because that Splinter was just the teacher and not really like a dad to them. I do love Nick Splinter because he's a lot like 4Kids Splinter at times as he tries to be a parent and a teacher to them. Yes, some of his methods may seem harsh at times, but it's understandable given his background in the show and what has gone on there. So my vote goes to 4Kids Splinter and Nick Splinter as my favorites.

Shark_Blade
12-22-2014, 04:52 PM
I rate them like this:

1) 2k12 Splinter

The best Splinter ever. He's tall, towering his children and exudes immense power and authority. Not a master/father to be messed with, ever. Very strict with discipline and fight ferociously, and love his sons (well, all Splinters does anyway).

2) OT Splinter

Very calm and collected, and has a witty charm. What's more, his rivalry origin as a human against Oroku Saki is interesting.

3) 2k3 Splinter

2k3 Splinter, though kind hearted, he was very dull and boring. The way he talks is like he's whispering, long winded, and very very slow with low voice. And his fur is old grey.. I much prefer brown rats. What's more, he originated from a real rat instead of a human being who knows and learned ninjitsu. Nope, just a rat who copied his master. He also has an absolutely ridiculous and absurd origin imo, so that's why I like him a lot less than the others. I know that's how it started from the Mirage comic but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Pterobat
12-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Eh....

2k3 Splinter is probably the best animated incarnation, because he balances comedic, fatherly, stern, and a fun character. But I can't *stand* Darren Dunstan's attempt at a Japanese accent, and I don't think his design is the best, especially with the bent snout. The redesign based on the 2007 film version looks a lot better, but then you get the *other* problems with the Fast Forward line...blagh. So a mixed bag.

1987 Splinter is my buddy. He was one of my favourite things when I was a kid, and while I realize now that he's a pretty underdeveloped, too-perfect character, I still think he's lots of fun.

2012 Splinter...like the rest of the series and its contents, I got bored with him real fast. None of anything related to the character clicked with me, and after a while I stopped caring. I like his design, though.

Donny's computer84
01-11-2015, 11:20 PM
The 2012 Splinter.

Gimme_Three
01-16-2015, 01:40 AM
2012 splinter all the way, wise and his teaching style is something I'd expect from someone trained in a disciplined form of martial arts. He's not a force to be messed with, I love how they use him sparingly because when he fights it's always amazing. His voice matches him perfectly, calm yet firm.

2k3 splinter is ok, I'm not a fan of his voice esp. how much often he says "my sons." I don't like the fact that eventually leo surpasses his teachings. He does have good lines and he can also hold his own.

Ot splinter is to detached for me.

I also prefer the story of him being human first just seems more authentic for him being a sensei.

Lisardo
03-23-2015, 11:22 PM
I really like 2k12 Splinter actually. He's serious like the 2k3 one was, but funnier too. He's more balanced all around. I did like 2k3 Splinter, but I dunno....the voice acting sounded kind of bad. Wasn't as fond of grey over brown either. Tho overall he was pretty good. I also still like and appreciate the '87 Splinter. He wasn't as stern and a bit nicer to the turtles. Tho I do feel he wasn't as involved as he should have been (let them do all the fighting while he sat around). Loved his voice actor though.

mrjafunk
04-20-2015, 07:00 PM
I would pick all aspects of the 2k3 show over the FW and the Nicktoon.

Kite
04-22-2015, 07:56 AM
For thos of you calling Nick Splinter too strict .... Try to remember that this is this first Splinter that started as a man, not a rat. He's a strict, kick @$$ ninja master!

But even though I like Nick Splinter, 2003 Splinter is my favorite. He's just so huggable :lol:

Mugic
04-22-2015, 09:05 AM
this is this first Splinter that started as a man, not a rat. not really, FW, IDW and iirc the Archie Splinter also started out as humans as well.