PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite cheesy songs?

Wesley
12-13-2014, 12:44 PM
What are your favourite cheesy songs? Mine are:

Reach, Don't Stop Movin' and Bring It All Back by S Club 7
Barbie Girl by Aqua
The Langer by Natural Gas
C'est la vie by Bewitched
Tragedy by Steps
Bye Bye Bye by NSync
Girlfriend, What The Hell and Hello Kitty by Avril Lavigne
Spice Up Your Life by Spice Girls
The Show by Girls Aloud
It Wasn't Me by Shaggy
Stand by REM

Brooke507
12-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
That's What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction

Davetello
12-13-2014, 03:59 PM
You really love your boy and girls bands Wesley :lol:

Anything by Backstreet Boys
This I Promise You - N Sync
Us Against the World and Miss You - Westlife (hate Westlife but like these songs)
Life Got Cold and The Show - Girls Aloud

As you can see, I don't mind some of that cheesy stuff now and then, but I do draw the line at One Direction (mainly because of the world's most overrated human, Harry Styles), Taylor Swift etc. There are limits.

That's about it, really.

Brooke507
12-13-2014, 04:38 PM

Us Against the World and Miss You - Westlife (hate Westlife but like these songs)

As you can see, I don't mind some of that cheesy stuff now and then, but I do draw the line at One Direction (mainly because of the world's most overrated human, Harry Styles), Taylor Swift etc. There are limits.

That's about it, really. I consider "This I Promise You" to be more romantic than cheesy

RaphAndDonnie
12-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Stop by the Spice Girls and Stuck on the Puzzle by Alex Turner are the top two coming to mind right now, though there are a lot more I like.

Davetello
12-13-2014, 04:41 PM
I consider "This I Promise You" to be more romantic than cheesy

Suppose. But I guess people who dislike most pop music (which i tend to be one of) would say it's not exactly 'cool' music. If you get me. Either way it's a beautiful song.

Wesley
12-14-2014, 01:20 PM

That's about it, really.

Well, I'm not a big fan of those bands. I just like a few of their songs. They're fun to listen to every now and then. I hate One Direction, but I kinda like Taylor Swift.

Brooke507
12-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Well, I'm not a big fan of those bands. I just like a few of their songs. They're fun to listen to every now and then. I hate One Direction, but I kinda like Taylor Swift.

I don't go crazy over One Direction, but I do like some of their songs.

Davetello
12-14-2014, 08:53 PM

Don't lie mate - your room is covered in posters of them isn't it? :lol:

Just messing.

On the subject of One Direction, somehow or other I stumbled upon a page of full of men and women slagging the hell out of Harry Styles the other night - hundreds of them. I had a good laugh, spiteful individual that I am.

tmntpower1988
12-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
Anything by Vengaboys
Culture Beat - Mr Vain (or any other cheesy 90s eurodance music)
O-Zone - Dragostea din tei
Infernal - From Paris to Berlin lol

Don't lie mate - your room is covered in posters of them isn't it? :lol:

Just messing.

On the subject of One Direction, somehow or other I stumbled upon a page of full of men and women slagging the hell out of Harry Styles the other night - hundreds of them. I had a good laugh, spiteful individual that I am.

Someone asked me in the gym last week if I was fan of One Direction.

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/1b2c6bec57af3b818325e5491b9376a1/10312%20-%20in_your_house%20raised_eyebrow%20st._valentine% 27s_day_massacre%20sunglasses%20the_rock%20wwf.png

This was the look I gave the person lol

Davetello
12-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Someone asked me in the gym last week if I was fan of One Direction.

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/1b2c6bec57af3b818325e5491b9376a1/10312%20-%20in_your_house%20raised_eyebrow%20st._valentine% 27s_day_massacre%20sunglasses%20the_rock%20wwf.png

This was the look I gave the person lol

LOL wtf? That's a strange thing to ask a guy at the gym. Sounds like an insult, to be honest.

tmntpower1988
12-14-2014, 09:40 PM
LOL wtf? That's a strange thing to ask a guy at the gym. Sounds like an insult, to be honest.

Yeah it was weird lol

http://i.imgur.com/B4yN1ji.jpg

That's what I think of them.

Davetello
12-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah it was weird lol

http://i.imgur.com/B4yN1ji.jpg

That's what I think of them.

Lol, strange thing to ask a grown man at the gym. Bizarre, really. They must have been taking the mickey.

They'll be gone soon enough anyway. These girl and boy bands have a certain shelf life. They're already starting to look rough and I imagine they will be replaced by 18 year olds in a few years (these 18 yos will of course be about 14 right now)

Mellie
12-14-2014, 10:23 PM
I LOVE '90s dance music/bubblegum pop: Aqua, Toy-box, 2 Unlimited, Real McCoy, Vengaboys, Crispy, etc. I love it all! :D

edit: I guess I'll add some actual songs-

Aqua - Candyman, Cartoon Heroes
Toy-box - Tarzan & Jane, Super-Duper Man
2 Unlimted - No Limit
Real McCoy - Run Away
Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom
Crispy - In & Out, Licky Licky

Brooke507
12-15-2014, 12:48 AM
I love Disney Channel songs :D Those are guilty pleasures, they're way cheesy but they're also catchy and fun.

BubblyShell22
12-15-2014, 08:09 AM
I agree. I love listening to my Lizzie McGuire and Lizzie McGuire movie soundtracks. Also was a huge B*Witched fan back in the day, so their songs always make me smile as well as anything by The Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, and even New Kids on the Block. Yeah, I've just always been a pop fan.

Leo656
12-15-2014, 09:24 AM
I really LOVE "Unbelievable" by EMF, always have. I guess that's not so cheesy but kinda.

I also love the theme from Sonic Adventure. :lol:

Wesley
12-15-2014, 12:23 PM
I also like Dr. Eggman's theme song from Sonic Adventure 2.

tmntpower1988
12-15-2014, 12:28 PM
I really LOVE "Unbelievable" by EMF, always have. I guess that's not so cheesy but kinda.

The Sonic Adventure theme is epic :)

DarkFell
12-15-2014, 03:32 PM
CRW2poUfJ34
It's a cheesy parody of Black Sabbath's Iron Man. Loved the video.

Gunpowder
12-15-2014, 03:35 PM

I also like Dr. Eggman's theme song from Sonic Adventure 2.

The entire soundtracks for both of those games are godlike.

Wesley
12-15-2014, 03:49 PM

I agree. It was one of my favourite songs when I was 13.

I like the song Sonic Boom from Sonic cd as well.

Wesley
12-16-2014, 12:17 PM
I like the season one Pokemon anime theme song and Team Rocket's Double Trouble song.

I also like the following songs:

Mambo No. 5 by Lou Bega
Eurovision songs
Songs from Beyblade
Pretty Fly and She's Got Issues by the Offspring
The Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne
Amercian Idiot by Green Day

tmntpower1988
12-16-2014, 12:29 PM
I like the season one Pokemon anime theme song and Team Rocket's Double Trouble song.

Yeah season one has the best Pokemon theme. Like the Team Rocket song too. I'm on season four at the moment, the theme songs for the other seasons don't come close to the greatness of the first season theme.

Wesley
12-17-2014, 12:59 PM
I agree. I love listening to my Lizzie McGuire and Lizzie McGuire movie soundtracks. Also was a huge B*Witched fan back in the day, so their songs always make me smile as well as anything by The Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, and even New Kids on the Block. Yeah, I've just always been a pop fan.

I like the Lizzie McGuire tv show theme song as well. I watched the show every now and then on TG4 nearly a decade ago. I didn't pay attention to the other songs, though.

I like the Saved by the Bell theme song, but the Lizzie one is more upbeat.

Brooke507
12-17-2014, 05:30 PM

Same here I love pop music in general. A lot of pop songs are great pick me ups.

precision
12-18-2014, 12:03 AM
:roll:Len - Steal my sunshine....

Leo656
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM
HAH! I remember that one. I had a crush on the chick in the video.

Brooke507
12-20-2014, 01:48 AM
more favorite cheesy songs

Celebrate by Kool and the Gang
What Time Is It from High School Musical
Bring It All Back by S Club 7
Happy Boys and Girls by Aqua
What Does the Fox say by Ylvis

Wesley
12-23-2014, 11:47 AM
I like the theme songs from comedies like the Big Bang Theory and the Drew Carey Show.

tmntpower1988
12-26-2014, 01:51 AM
I like the Captain Planet ending theme, it's cheesy but very catchy.

v1QYQpHdzpw

MsMarvelDuckie
12-27-2014, 02:26 AM
Okay, SOMEONE had to do it, so here it goes- Pizza Power. It don't get much more cheesy then THAT!

I'm also a sucker for anything from Weird Al, and I LOVE CCR's "Looking Out My Back Door". Also, Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds and Yellow Submarine from the Beatles. I have fond memories of singing Yellow Submarine at 3 AM with about thirty other people at a LARP camp meet, all of us in varying degrees of drunkenness....

pennydreadful
12-27-2014, 02:53 AM
The Captain Planet theme is awesome and is in fact on my tpod! I also love Octopus's Garden by The Beatles. :D

Brooke507
12-28-2014, 08:59 PM
More cheesy favorites:
The Brady Bunch theme
Full House theme
Can't do it Without You theme from Austin and Ally

tmntpower1988
01-02-2015, 05:50 PM
I love the closing theme for Red Dwarf:

PHSRbD_69yk

Wesley
01-03-2015, 04:13 PM
I like the ending theme from Fraiser.

TMNTFOREVA
01-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
That's What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction

Same here! No idea why I like those songs so much, even though I kinda can't stand One Direction. Night Changes was ok, even though I liked the actual video better than the song :lol:

And does anyone know what happened to Carly Rae Jepson? Where did she go?!?!?!?!

pennydreadful
01-05-2015, 01:41 AM
A number of songs from Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals.

Wesley
01-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Any song by Dustin the Turkey

DarthRaphael
01-06-2015, 12:36 PM
My favorite RnB / Rap song EVER.

Baby Got Back - Sir Mix A Lot

MsMarvelDuckie
01-06-2015, 08:36 PM
A number of songs from Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals.

Absolutely! Though I'd hardly call them cheesy. Most of the songs from his musicals are really good and serious. Or are we talking about fare like "The Old Gumby Cat" or "Rum-Tum-Tugger"? Heh, I love Cats.

My favorite RnB / Rap song EVER.

Baby Got Back - Sir Mix A Lot

Lol, I still have the old cassette single of that!

Which reminds me of another fave cheesy rap song- Tic-Tac-Toe.

Wesley
01-13-2015, 12:11 PM
This Is How We Do by Katy Perry
Swagger Jagger by Cher Lloyd
Love and Marriage by Frank Sinatra
Smile by Lily Allen
These Words by Natasha Bedingfield
Yugioh Soundtrack (specifically Face Up, Face Down and No Matter What)