PDA

View Full Version : Stuff from 2k3 series in the new TMNT movie.

mrminister4446
12-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Hey, I recently watched the new TMNT movie, and I thought it was cool and all, but I noticed on the Shredder's chest, there was the Foot symbol which were used in the 2k3 series.

Are there anything else in the movie which I might not have seen that originates from the 2k3 series and I didn't notice?

neatoman
12-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Yes the Foot Clan symbol is there, I noticed that the first time I saw a clear pic of it.

Anyway, stuff from the 4Kids series in the movie? Well:

The depiction of Karai as a henchwoman to Shredder started in the show
Shredder in a supersuit
Shredder might be ancient

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnd.... That's it, not a whole lot and it's pretty loosely connected.

Apart from the origin pretty much being the IDW origin without the reincarnation, this movie mostly seems to draw from the FW cartoon and putting "adult" stuff in there, which is of course understandable, that cartoon is still the major draw of TMNT related nostalgia. It still doesn't make much to producers to really have the movie not be primarily based on the FW cartoon, and the writers were probably nostalgic for it.

TigerClaw
12-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Yes the Foot Clan symbol is there, I noticed that the first time I saw a clear pic of it.

Shredder in a supersuit

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnd.... That's it, not a whole lot and it's pretty loosely connected.

Apart from the origin pretty much being the IDW origin without the reincarnation, this movie mostly seems to draw from the FW cartoon and putting "adult" stuff in there, which is of course understandable, that cartoon is still the major draw of TMNT related nostalgia. It still doesn't make much to producers to really have the movie not be primarily based on the FW cartoon, and the writers were probably nostalgic for it.
There was also a bit of the Nick series thrown in, At least from the Turtle Van, Since it had Shellraiser in the license plate.

mrminister4446
12-13-2014, 03:46 PM

Shredder in a supersuit

Hmm cool, I hope we will see more from the 2k3 series in the sequel then :)

snake
12-13-2014, 04:01 PM
I liked the 2k3 foot symbol. I thought that was neat.