PDA

View Full Version : I bet alot of you made this custom toy...

MathUser
12-18-2014, 12:55 PM
You ever use a sharpie to put a pupil in the ninja turtles eyes? Have you succcessfully made it center and the same size on each side if you did?

Candy Kappa
12-18-2014, 12:58 PM
more the opposite. When I repainted a worn-out wacky action Mikey I painted his eyes white.

And I painted the large Battle Shell Leonardo and the Toon "accurate" Turtle Classics' eyes white as well.

Powder
12-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I'm with Kappa. I actually, if anything, tend to white-out the pupils. :tlol:

Plasticplayhouse
12-18-2014, 08:39 PM
I always did the white out thing too. It made it feel more mirage-like.

Shark_Blade
12-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Why would I wanna ruin it?

psychoandy
12-18-2014, 11:02 PM
My first custom figure ever was to use white-out and a Sharpie on an Incredible Hulk figure, to make a "Grey" Hulk.

So...not exactly. But it did involve using a Sharpie to add eyes to a green-skinned comic hero. :D

Discogod
12-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Yeah, using a Sharpie* to put pupils on a figure is NOT customizing.

*NEVER use a Sharpie or other permanent marker on a figure - in the long run, it'll react with the plastic and eventually ruin it...

psychoandy
12-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Yeah, using a Sharpie* to put pupils on a figure is NOT customizing.

Yes. Yes it is. I don't mean to single you out, but I'm so sick of the "just doing this" or "just doing that" "isn't a true custom," which I have been reading on the Internet for over a decade.

From Merriam-Webster.com (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/customize):

cus·tom·ize verb \ˈkəs-tə-ˌmīz\
: to change (something) in order to fit the needs or requirements of a person, business, etc.

Literally ANY modifications that are made to a figure are customizations, by the actual DEFINITION of the word.

However, I will be the first to agree that using a marker to add eyeballs is not on the same level as the work that pretty much any of us on this board put into our toys. But they're still customs. Simple customs, sure, but customs-by-definition, nonetheless.

Mellie
12-21-2014, 02:04 AM
I did that as a kid. Thankfully I used washable markers so they wore off. :D