PDA

View Full Version : Public Apology

Super Goku
12-21-2014, 11:26 PM
This might make the situation stranger, but I'm sorry for creating topics that may be considered controversial. I'm also sorry for having multiple accounts (Toonami Tom, Mega Man, and Ultimate Ninja). I have locked myself out of my old accounts. This is now my 1 and only account.

I'm sorry for past arguments with other Technodrome members.

I feel that I'm a good guy, I have just made some bad posting decisions. I can change, and I will change now, and I hope that everything is okay, but I realize I will probably always be thought of as weird. :(

Edit: Additional information: I don't know if this is important to this post, but I have obsessive compulsive disorder and sometimes I feel that my self-esteem is low. It is sad if I am considered an outcast, even among those who hold an interest that I have. That interest is being a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. I don't know, I guess I'm weird. I'm not asking for pity, only to have another chance to be a member of The Technodrome.

Edit 2: A time machine would be great to have, so that I could travel back in time and not repeat the same mistakes in posting strange and controversial topics. I don't know what to do, and I think I have made a spectacle out of myself by posting this topic, but I am sorry for my strange and controversial posts.

Peanut
12-21-2014, 11:49 PM
I forgive you.

Powder
12-21-2014, 11:51 PM
The only problem anyone has ever really taken up with you is that you would always make religious topics & comments despite being told again & again that those kinda things aren't allowed here. That's not a personal attack against anyone, it's just a rule set in the interest of peace, as that particular topic sparks contention. You just talk turtles & regular pop culture stuff, you'll be fine. I personally don't hold grudges, but when you keep doing that kind of thing across 4 different accounts, how many chances do you expect to get?

Cure
12-21-2014, 11:51 PM
You're starting to feel familiar with the over apologizing. But yeah man, it's cool. Don't worry so much.

Super Goku
12-21-2014, 11:53 PM
I forgive you.

Thank you, Peanut. I hope that the past stays in the past.

I have learned from my message board posting mistakes.

Peanut
12-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Wait...who are you?

Super Goku
12-21-2014, 11:57 PM
The only problem anyone has ever really taken up with you is that you would always make religious topics & comments despite being told again & again that those kinda things aren't allowed here. That's not a personal attack against anyone, it's just a rule set in the interest of peace, as that particular topic sparks contention. You just talk turtles & regular pop culture stuff, you'll be fine. I personally don't hold grudges, but when you keep doing that kind of thing across 4 different accounts, how many chances do you expect to get?

Okay. I feel embarrassed. I guess that's the right word. I will just post about entertainment and pop culture from now on. Thanks for the advice.

You're starting to feel familiar with the over apologizing. But yeah man, it's cool. Don't worry so much.

Thanks.

Wait...who are you?

Just a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan who has had multiple accounts over the years. This is my only account now, I'm locked out of the other accounts.

B-Man
12-22-2014, 12:01 AM
Assuming the dude genuinely wanted to post about religion, is he not allowed to in it's own thread?

snake
12-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Assuming the dude genuinely wanted to post about religion, is he not allowed to in it's own thread?

Religion isn't allowed here.

Super Goku
12-22-2014, 12:13 AM

It is my understanding now that politics and religion are considered topics that are too controversial for this website. If someone wants to talk about politics or religion, they should probably go to a political website or a religious website. I'm perfectly fine with political discussions and religious discussions. I now believe that this isn't the place to discuss politics and religion.

I apologized, and I have changed my ways, so as far as I'm concerned, this is over and everything is fine now. I probably shouldn't post anymore in this topic, unless someone has a question for me. I forgive people on the internet and outside of the internet, I don't hold grudges either, not that there is even a grudge to hold in the first place.

Powder
12-22-2014, 12:16 AM
I could be wrong, but I think you could probably create your own discussion group for those kinda things here, if you want to. A few folks just made one dedicated to like, adult talk, or something, for example. Make it private & invite those who you believe are like-minded, bada bing. Granted I'm sure you could find better places to talk about God or government.

B-Man
12-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Religion isn't allowed here.

Any legit reason?

Super Goku
12-22-2014, 12:18 AM
I could be wrong, but I think you could probably create your own discussion group for those kinda things here, if you want to. A few folks just made one dedicated to like, adult talk, or something, for example. Make it private & invite those who you believe are like-minded, bada bing. Granted I'm sure you could find better places to talk about God or government.

Yes, someone could make their own social group.

My throat felt kind of weird for a moment, maybe it is psychological. I've made a total jackass out of myself tonight. Now I should log off and really not post in this topic anymore. Really.

snake
12-22-2014, 12:19 AM
Any legit reason?

It breaks up the board, really. It's best not to talk about it.

Cure
12-22-2014, 12:20 AM
Also, it's just proper etiquette, in general. In company the two things you shouldn't speak about are religion and politics.

Super Goku
12-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Now I just learned that there is a user on this website called TheMasterTurtle. I am NOT TheMasterTurtle. I feel sorry for him or her for even having a name similar to mine. :lol:

Just thought I would tell you that.

Not me:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/member.php?u=1296

Logging off for the night now, I just couldn't believe that someone else is a MasterTurtle on this website. :ohwell:

Powder
12-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Don't feel too bad on that front, there are MANY users with very similar names. Besides, you're allowed to have name changes here. You can ask Krang to take care of it, assuming you're still in good standing here.

B-Man
12-22-2014, 12:33 AM
It breaks up the board, really. It's best not to talk about it.

Fair enough. I'm not religious but the thought of someone essentially being told their beliefs are not permitted here really rubs me the wrong way :x but one less topic that causes tension the better I guess (too many arguments here as is). MasterTurtle, just join in the many topics here & have fun. If you apologize too much it starts to look ingenuine :)

Mayhem
12-22-2014, 04:45 AM
Everyone is allowed here (well, maybe not that moon conspiracy nut hah hah) regardless of gender, sexual preference or religious persuasion... but I perfectly understand why religion and politics are no-no in the discussion stakes here, causes too many flames. Seen it happen elsewhere. In fact, many places I'm on ban such topics as well.

Leo656
12-22-2014, 06:39 AM
B-Man: It's been attempted before. Many times. It doesn't work here. People can't handle their Big Beliefs, especially, being challenged, and 100% of the time it ends in name-calling and threats.

This might shock you... but a bunch of grown-ups who watch cartoons? Not the most mature of people.

ZariusTwo
12-22-2014, 07:18 AM
PB-wmOYelnM

All jokes aside, don't feel too isolated mate, the mundane real world was made to have people like you in it shaking it up

BubblyShell22
12-22-2014, 07:57 AM
I appreciate that you've apologized for your behavior, MasterTurtle. Such discussions were tried before in the Volcanic Asteroid, but the place imploded because people couldn't follow the rules, so it was nixed. As someone else said, maybe doing a private group like the After Dark people have done would be better.

Leo656
12-22-2014, 08:29 AM
PB-wmOYelnM

I seriously don't know why you're not Everyone's Favorite Person.

Lethal Lullaby
12-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Well I never had any problem with you, but the apology is appreciated nonetheless. *interweb hug* :tsmile: Hope to see you around more!

IndigoErth
12-22-2014, 02:48 PM
I feel that I'm a good guy, I have just made some bad posting decisions. I can change, and I will change now, and I hope that everything is okay, but I realize I will probably always be thought of as weird. :(

Edit: Additional information: I don't know if this is important to this post, but I have obsessive compulsive disorder and sometimes I feel that my self-esteem is low. It is sad if I am considered an outcast, even among those who hold an interest that I have. That interest is being a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. I don't know, I guess I'm weird. I'm not asking for pity, only to have another chance to be a member of The Technodrome.
We're human, therefore we're all weird. Weird is what we do. :) No one is perfect and surely all have at least one hurdle they have to deal with in life. Trying to be the best version of themselves while working with what they have is the most anyone can do.

A little forethought is helpful on forums, imo.

MikeandRaph87
12-22-2014, 03:07 PM
I was wondering whatever happened to Toonami Tom. I remember some argument in the role play threads where you left saying you needed a break and never returned. You put a request for your friend list just a week before all of that. Now I know the rest of the story to paraphrase Paul Harvey.

BubblyShell22
12-22-2014, 04:06 PM
I seriously don't know why you're not Everyone's Favorite Person.

I don't know either, but I think ZT is awesome myself.

Super Goku
12-22-2014, 05:40 PM
I was wondering whatever happened to Toonami Tom. I remember some argument in the role play threads where you left saying you needed a break and never returned. You put a request for your friend list just a week before all of that. Now I know the rest of the story to paraphrase Paul Harvey.

That's pretty much the rest of the story. Please send me a friend request if you would like to. :)

Well everybody, I feel embarassed because of some of my posts here on this message board. I have decided to take a break from these message boards. See you in 2015. I doubt anybody takes me seriously. I feel like a very immature person. I need to take some time to get myself some relaxing time away from the internet.

IndigoErth
12-22-2014, 06:19 PM
See ya then. :) Enjoy the break, not sure I'd have the strength to resist the internet. lol

But if you're committed to turning over a new leaf on here, I wouldn't let it eat at you though. We all do regrettable stuff, believe me. Made myself look like kind of a jerk elsewhere online a while ago... was already in a bad mood, got mad at something and had completely had it. Was embarrassed for a little while, I mean that's not usually how I conduct myself, but past is past and over it now.

MikeandRaph87
12-22-2014, 06:34 PM
That's pretty much the rest of the story. Please send me a friend request if you would like to. :)

Well everybody, I feel embarassed because of some of my posts here on this message board. I have decided to take a break from these message boards. See you in 2015. I doubt anybody takes me seriously. I feel like a very immature person. I need to take some time to get myself some relaxing time away from the internet.

Will do though to renew your Technodrome life why not be Toonami Tom, who you originally intended to be?

I learned early on this is a rough, mean, place at times but have to be mature enough to take it as it is the internet. We just have to know what topics we can maturely handle ourselves and others we should avoid. I know it goes for me and plenty of others around here.

TheCanadiandrome
12-22-2014, 10:19 PM
it's all good