PDA

View Full Version : Jon Du Prez "bootleg" Score on Grooveshark.com to Stream

Autbot_Benz
12-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Was just looking for the 1990 score and I found some on Grooveshark.com you can stream it but can't download it

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Teenage+Mutant+Ninja+Turtles+Bootleg+Score/9166771

Enjoy

Powder
12-26-2014, 05:45 PM
I suck at using the search feature but there's a thread or two for this already.

Autbot_Benz
12-26-2014, 05:47 PM
I suck at using the search feature but there's a thread or two for this already.

oh ok thought there might be

#MechaFresh
12-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Was just looking for the 1990 score and I found some on Grooveshark.com you can stream it but can't download it

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Teenage+Mutant+Ninja+Turtles+Bootleg+Score/9166771

Enjoy

Very nice! Always clamored for a complete score from John Du Prez; this'll is do for now:trazz:

Thanks again!

massakre
12-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Thank you, cant wait to get home and check this out!

sethmartin
01-13-2015, 10:51 PM
Is this the real thing? Or did some fan just rip the music from the movie and extract the voices using software? I can faintly hear the turtles voices during the main title theme. It's cool regardless. I love the music in this movie.

Powder
01-13-2015, 11:07 PM
The fact it says "Bootleg" in the title should tip you off, Seth. :trazz:

TheSkeletonMan939
01-14-2015, 07:42 AM
I love the music in this movie.

Ditto, the music deserves a proper release. I have hope that a company like LaLaLand will put out a CD one day...

d_osborn
01-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Ditto, the music deserves a proper release. I have hope that a company like LaLaLand will put out a CD one day...
I'm really shocked the score hasn't already been officially released. It sounds like the first film has some wonky rights issues, so who knows.

sgtfbomb
01-16-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm really shocked the score hasn't already been officially released. It sounds like the first film has some wonky rights issues, so who knows.

The film was released in a time when not all films got commercial score-centric releases. Believe it or not, Predator, the first Back to the Future film, and The Goonies are but a few examples of films with excellent scores that didn't initially get those (the latter two had "music inspired by" albums). They've finally been released over time, by Intrada Records and Varese Sarabande.

I don't think it's ever been formally announced why Du Prez's TMNT scores still have not been released. I don't know if it would be rights per se. Intrada and La La Land Records are often social with their costumers, and often, from their own mouths, the hold ups tend to be material that is either deteriorated or simply unaccounted for -- yes, in some cases, particularly older films, neither the studio nor the composers know where the tapes are. Of course, another reason that goes unsaid is simply that none of the labels have looked into obtaining that particular score.

d_osborn
01-16-2015, 05:36 PM
The film was released in a time when not all films got commercial score-centric releases. Believe it or not, Predator, the first Back to the Future film, and The Goonies are but a few examples of films with excellent scores that didn't initially get those (the latter two had "music inspired by" albums). They've finally been released over time, by Intrada Records and Varese Sarabande.

I don't think it's ever been formally announced why Du Prez's TMNT scores still have not been released. I don't know if it would be rights per se. Intrada and La La Land Records are often social with their costumers, and often, from their own mouths, the hold ups tend to be material that is either deteriorated or simply unaccounted for -- yes, in some cases, particularly older films, neither the studio nor the composers know where the tapes are. Of course, another reason that goes unsaid is simply that none of the labels have looked into obtaining that particular score.
I was more referring to a modern score release. I know it was pretty rare in the 80s and 90s. TMNT had it even tougher being an independent release aimed at kids. It wasn't unheard of, though.

These days? I mean, DUNSTON CHECKS IN, USED CARS, and MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE all got a modern score releases, for crying out loud. METEOR MAN? Really? TMNT90 was one of the biggest independent films of the 90s, and still has a huge fanbase. It blows my mind that the score hasn't been released yet.

I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember someone on the boards contacting Du Prez about a release. If I'm remembering correctly, he still had the tape masters, but couldn't do anything until the current owners of the film signed off on a release.

Maybe if we swarm (again) Intrada, La La Land, and Varese Sarabande with emails, one of them will bite. Fortune Star Media Ltd owns the film, as well as the rest of the old Golden Harvest catalog. SBK/Capital released the old OST, but I doubt that has anything to do with a modern score release.

pferreira
01-22-2015, 07:27 AM
Yeah I want an OST release for the 1980s film Biggles: Adventures in Time. Can't believe the score for Emmanuelle 4 has been released but not Biggles which is a slightly more well known and popular movie.

Nelson
01-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Thank you for posting this, Autobot Benz! Sure the tracks are not perfect, but it's still awesome. It must have taken a lot of work to get most of the sounds and dialogue out.

To Powder: sometimes bootleg soundtracks come from the real deal, so that question was appropiate.

alien_ken
02-22-2015, 08:22 AM
Love this soundtrack :)