PDA

View Full Version : [Comment] New Private Group

Leo656
01-05-2015, 09:14 PM
I been putting this off for a while, but I started a new private discussion group that's invite-only where people who struggle with depression, mental illness, etc., can blow off steam and discuss things with others who empathize.

Everyone needs a place to vent, but public forums aren't the best place, as far too often people jump in to say judgmental/hurtful things. Even the "Gear Grind" thread ends up with people arguing/attacking each other every few days whenever people start getting "too personal" and others don't want to hear/read about it. That said, many members here are on close enough terms that they feel comfortable discussing things with each other that they couldn't with other people. So, I went ahead and decided to create a little space. Gonna go ahead and invite a couple of "The Usual Suspects" to get the ball rolling.

Anyone who feels like blowing off steam in a judgment-free zone, reply to thread and ask for an invite. Please do not PM me about it, as I really need to get around to cleaning out my PM box. Just reply to the thread and I'll shoot you an Invite.

Not interested, just move along and save the snark. Just trying to help people out as best I can.

pennydreadful
01-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Good idea, Leo. :thumbsup:

DarkFell
01-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Hit me with an invite if you want.

Leo656
01-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Comin' Up. :)

I also take a few days off from internetting now and then so if I'm slow getting back to folks, sit tight. :)

Refractive Reflections
01-06-2015, 01:17 AM
Not asking for an invite, but I think it would be best as well in having it because like you said, people need to vent, and with that, sometimes it can be difficult to view it through the right context over the poster's magnitude in the venting.

Leo656
01-06-2015, 01:25 AM
I'll invite ya anyways and you can feel free to drop by whenever if ever. All up to you. :)

IndigoErth
01-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Nice idea, I'm sure it will be helpful to have a spot for people to get stuff off their chest when they've had one of "those days," while keeping it out of the hands of inconsiderate and judgmental people. :)

plastroncafe
01-06-2015, 10:21 AM
I find depressive rants triggering, and as such don't want an invite, I just wanted to give props for you creating and maintaining a safe space for people who need one.

Good on you, man.:)

Mew
01-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Very good idea, so people don't get banned for going off, like Davetello. You can invite me if you want.

Leo656
01-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Plas: I'll do my best. I'm probably not the best person to do so, as I frequently vanish off the internet for a spell, but I promise to try. I just feel like some people might be better off blowing up or blowing off steam in a place where they can't do any "damage".

Meow: I honestly wouldn't feel right about it given your age. I kind of have anger problems and say a lot of inappropriate things in frustration. I kind of don't think it'd be right at this point in time. :ohwell:

Whenever you have something you want to vent about, feel free to hit me up if you want to talk it out though. Might not always reply right away but I DO reply eventually. :)

Mew
01-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Okay I will. And I understand.

Powder
01-06-2015, 01:44 PM
I like the idea of it but I don't trust more than a handful of people on this site, so I'll have to pass. Good luck though! Hope it does it's job.

Redeemer
01-06-2015, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a great idea. My only suggestion is to have a moderator watch over it.

Leo656
01-06-2015, 04:07 PM
I'm new at this. Would that be me by default? I'm uncomfortable with power as I'm shockingly corrupt and self-serving.

CyberCubed
01-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Do people really get angry and vent this often? I don't know, I feel like I live in happy-go-lucky land, I don't think I've ever been angry over anything ever said on the internet...like ever. I just find everything amusing.

Powder
01-06-2015, 04:16 PM
It's not a support group for victims of internet trolling, Cubed. :tlol:

It's for people who need a place to get crap from real life off of their chest.

IndigoErth
01-06-2015, 04:47 PM
I don't know, I feel like I live in happy-go-lucky land
So... basically this?
https://38.media.tumblr.com/29953f7b02704ebaf6b3d39cefb330db/tumblr_nf2vpvyn9K1tjqknzo4_500.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/0f296e9b6f1e97484749369dc4d4fa74/tumblr_nfghqdiQHc1rr5qhqo3_500.gif
:tlol: Sadly I don't think most people do and need to vent sometimes. And a lot of it not internet related.

Leo656
01-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Yeah, more for real-life stuff that has a tendency to cause drama when it's talked about in public. Like a place where someone can say, "So I argued with my wife" without someone popping in with "Just Leave Her" only hearing 1/10 of the story, or someone saying they're depressed and someone saying they "do it to themselves on purpose". That's not just stuff people deal with here, but everywhere, really.

I've just simply noticed a lot of people have really heavy "real lives" (It don't take a detective) and sometimes they try and talk about it, and then they have to do a full retreat because someone might make a comment that's out of line. I'm apparently easy to talk to and I don't mind talking either, so if creating a little nook for some folks who want all of the occasional "FML" without all the judgment it tends to attract makes people feel more cozy, then good.

Now I literally don't have to be nice to anyone ever again. First thing tomorrow I'm gonna go knock over a snowman. F*ck 'em.

CaliperCat
01-06-2015, 10:37 PM
I know I'm pretty new here, but if it's okay I'd like an invite. I've started shutting stuff inside again, so I might lurk more than I post for a while, but sometimes it's comforting to know that I'm not the only person experiencing certain things.

Leo656
01-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Gotch'a. :)

CaliperCat
01-06-2015, 10:54 PM
Thank you. :)

pennydreadful
01-06-2015, 11:26 PM
I'm new at this. Would that be me by default? I'm uncomfortable with power as I'm shockingly corrupt and self-serving.

I'm fine with you modding. I'm sure you'd be a benevolent dictator. :P I have no idea whether it's possible to put multiple people in charge of a social group here but if you need a backup for the times when you may not be online for a few days, I'm willing if you are. No biggie either way but the offer's there as we all know I'm generally glued to this place like a fungus (humungous).

MsMarvelDuckie
01-07-2015, 12:19 AM
Well, this is a breath of fresh air. kudos (with chocolate chips!) to you, Leo. Not sure if I'd be interested, since most of my rants/vents have to do with my mate's health problems, but I'll leave it on the table if you want.

And way to balance out the karma, dude, LOL! Snowmen everywhere are quaking in their hats.....

Leo656
01-07-2015, 12:23 AM
Could always shoot you an Invite and you could just poke around if/when you wanted. It's all the same people you/we usually talk to anyway. :lol:

And I'm pissed off/jealous that only snow men are "allowed" to rock the corncob pipe/top hat combo anymore. So what if it's tacky?! It's also debonair as f**k!

MsMarvelDuckie
01-07-2015, 12:26 AM
Sounds good to me.

LOL! Hey, if it worked for Young Frankenstein....

IndigoErth
01-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Yeah, more for real-life stuff that has a tendency to cause drama when it's talked about in public. Like a place where someone can say, "So I argued with my wife" without someone popping in with "Just Leave Her" only hearing 1/10 of the story, or someone saying they're depressed and someone saying they "do it to themselves on purpose". That's not just stuff people deal with here, but everywhere, really.
Yeah, esp when it comes to ranting about certain relationships, esp those with the parents, there's always those types online that go for "But she's your mother, she loves you!" junk. Because you totally know her and the situation, right? :D

Now I literally don't have to be nice to anyone ever again. First thing tomorrow I'm gonna go knock over a snowman. F*ck 'em.
Snowman? I think it would take all the snow in my front yard just to make 1/3rd of one. :lol:

MsMarvelDuckie
01-07-2015, 01:36 PM
At least you guys actually GET snow! All we get is f*n cold weather and wind. Sometimes f*n cold RAIN. That bites.

IndigoErth
01-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Ah I can relate, that had been us a lot so far, this was finally the first snow, rather than rain, though it was just an inch.

Prowler
01-07-2015, 04:12 PM
I'm not really in despair compared to some other members here, but I got my problems like everyone else does. I'd like to at least see if I can offer some friendly advice to those who are troubled. Dunno if this is a good enough condition to join the group, though.

CyberCubed
01-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I'll take an invite too, but I don't have any problems of my own, I'm just curious about others.

I live in happy-go-lucky land and everything is sunshine and lollipop's for me, but I wouldn't mind helping people with their problems.

Redeemer
01-07-2015, 06:39 PM
At least you guys actually GET snow! All we get is f*n cold weather and wind. Sometimes f*n cold RAIN. That bites.

You are in Texas correct???? You don't know cold :lol:

High of tomorrow 1/7/15 High(-4)+ wind chill = (-15) :evilgrin:

Leo656
01-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Prowler, I sent you an Invite.

Cubed... I sent you one as well, but I'm telling you now, you're on Double-Secret Probation. No offense, I love ya, but some of these cats have Problems, and since things are all "sunshine and lollipops" for you, you probably have little to no perspective on how easily certain things can "trigger" people. So think before you say anything. Because I'm well aware that SOME of what you say on here is a "gimmick" or a "persona", that you like to tweak people sometimes for a reaction. Leave it at the door.

EVERYONE only gets one warning. Nothing personal. But I'm enforcing a Zero-Tolerance Policy on BS. This sh*t is serious for some people. We can have fun and joke around, that's what we're all here to do, but so help me, if anyone gets out of line I'm gonna Nuke your ass before you even feel it.

Haaaaaaaave a Nice Day gang. :)

Prowler
01-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the invite.

And yea, Cubed might be funny at times, but I dunno if it's a good idea to let him in the group. Oh well, if he misbehaves, you can always drop the banhammer on him.

Leo656
01-07-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm willing to give anybody the benefit of the doubt up front. That's an Official Life Policy of mine.

Another one of them is, "F*** me over even once and you better kill yourself before I kill you." Hard to apply that one in text form but I can find a way. :lol:

Still, I firmly believe you have to give people a chance at least. The last thing I want to be is a hypocrite. I've never seen him... deliberately push anyone or make fun of them for their issues, I don't think. I'unno. Why not.

Refractive Reflections
01-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Cubed... I sent you one as well, but I'm telling you now, you're on Double-Secret Probation. No offense, I love ya, but some of these cats have Problems, and since things are all "sunshine and lollipops" for you, you probably have little to no perspective on how easily certain things can "trigger" people. So think before you say anything. Because I'm well aware that SOME of what you say on here is a "gimmick" or a "persona", that you like to tweak people sometimes for a reaction. Leave it at the door.

EVERYONE only gets one warning. Nothing personal. But I'm enforcing a Zero-Tolerance Policy on BS. This sh*t is serious for some people. We can have fun and joke around, that's what we're all here to do, but so help me, if anyone gets out of line I'm gonna Nuke your ass before you even feel it.

Haaaaaaaave a Nice Day gang. :)

Here are two videos that will help put CyberCubed's two most distressing problems (becoming 30 and Hollywood ruining his childhood) into a proper perspective:lol::

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6969227/if-youre-only-20-something-stop-saying-youre-old
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/7007360/stop-saying-they-ruined-my-childhood

It's funny how some of the lines are almost exactly what CyberCubed is complaining about.:lol:

...But yeah, I think CyberCubed is more of a sly troll, who cloaks himself with a disguise of ignorance.

CyberCubed
01-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Don't worry, I won't post nonsense in the group. Hm, come to think of it is my fear of turning 30 a legitimate problem? Maybe that is a good topic for me.

Prowler
01-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Don't worry, I won't post nonsense in the group. Hm, come to think of it is my fear of turning 30 a legitimate problem? Maybe that is a good topic for me.
What exactly is so "scary" about turning 30 to you? Is it related to your job or career?

TheCanadiandrome
01-07-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm game, you've got my curiosity

Leo656
01-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Have fun. :)

TheCanadiandrome
01-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Thanks bro

Jephael
01-08-2015, 11:54 PM
Leo, I would really love an invite to this new group you're putting together!

evan2000
01-09-2015, 11:24 AM
I would like to take part in this group too. Thanks in advance!

BubblyShell22
01-09-2015, 03:40 PM
That's awesome that you're doing something like this, Leo. Props to you for giving people a place to vent where they don't have to be so public.

Leo656
01-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Invites sent. Been a busy few days, sorry if anybody was lookin' for me.

Darthknuxward
01-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Shoot me an invite if you want Leo.

Leo656
01-11-2015, 01:14 AM
You got it bud.

evan2000
01-11-2015, 02:41 AM
How does an invite look like? I don't think I received anything yet.

Leo656
01-11-2015, 03:18 AM
Re-sent, I don't think I did it right the first time. I'm new at this. :lol:

I think you get a Notification about it.

evan2000
01-11-2015, 06:33 AM
Got it, I'm in. Thanks!

BubblyShell22
01-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the invite, Leo. I joined.

Darthknuxward
01-11-2015, 07:20 PM
You got it bud.

Thanks, Leo.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I'd like an invite please

Leo656
01-17-2015, 04:50 AM
Gotcha, sorry I wasn't on for a bit.

Leo656
06-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Bump to let folks know we exist.

Anybody looking for a private place to blow off steam OR just randomly screw around can PM me about the Despair Faction group. It's a nice place to vent, or just goof around without getting a scolding for being "off-topic" or whatever.

Ask and ye shall be invited. But ya better behave.

GoldMutant
06-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Leo can you hit me up with an invite?

I'd be happy to help people. :)

Ninturtle
06-06-2015, 09:35 PM
This group seems like a good place for an occasional rant. Could I get an invite?

Leo656
06-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Invites sent. Have fun.

Hero
06-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Good job mate.

Leo656
06-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Doin' what I can. :tgrin:

HotJuicyBurgers
06-24-2015, 12:20 PM
This is a good idea. Life can suck sometimes. I think most people can sympathize with that.

Gunpowder
06-24-2015, 12:56 PM
This is a good idea. Life can suck sometimes. I think most people can sympathize with that.

Life might suck, but your username sure doesn't.

HotJuicyBurgers
06-24-2015, 01:40 PM
Life might suck, but your username sure doesn't.

You know it. :tcool: