PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys, So I made a dub of the show.

SaturdayMorningDubToons
01-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Disclaimer: The video posted below includes Nsfw (Not safe for work) language. If it were on TV it would be rated TV-MA. If you are a child or believe you will be offended please don't waste your time and work yourself up. This is meant to be entertaining.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Andrew and I am the host for the -new- Youtube channel, “SaturdayMorningDubToons”. I came up with the idea last July when I found out that the US were to be without Saturday morning cartoons come that September.

The purpose of this channel is to provide entertainment with a new fresh take on the famous cartoons, by completely re-dubbing them. This included:
- Rewriting a script
- Voicing over every character
- Re-Work in new music/sound effects
- Poking fun at artistic errors made, awkward animations
- Etc.

The 1987 TMNT series was the first of the many I have planned to work on.
Since the process takes a very long time, (I’ve amounted to over 80 hours on/off from start (August 2014) to me typing this here) I won’t be able to upload these episodes every Saturday morning, as it may take two through three weeks once I find a thorough/efficient system.

As every new channel, there’s a lot of things that will need to be fixed (first and foremost will be a theme song for the show) and I may encounter errors along the way. I plan to keep a consistent level of enjoyment throughout the series.

I’m aware that some of you may not like this final product, I’m all ears, always.
I have invested a lot of time and effort to create something I feel will be entertaining to many, and if I’m wrong, then I’m wrong. I decided to place this here to give the hardcore fans of the series the first glance. Without further ado, I present to you, Dubbed Mutant Ninja Turtles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gei5inYe-QI

I’m best to reach via Youtube comments, email (saturdaymorningdubtoons @ gmail.com), and I will actively attempt to become a full-fledged member on this forum as I start delving more and more into the series.

About to start the script for the next episode. Talk to you all soon.
-Andrew.

PS: Snapshot was taken about 20 minutes before editing ended. Just showing the scale of what my friend and I were editing on.

snake
01-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Y'know, that was actually not bad. I see some teamfourstar influence and it's pretty funny. Good job.

Powder
01-08-2015, 03:20 PM
This is not appropriate for a forum that children visit.

Personally, I don't find it funny. Toilet humor is cheap & easy.

SaturdayMorningDubToons
01-08-2015, 03:26 PM

With all due respect, I read the FAQ's and sticky's and I am within reason and right to post this. If you don't find any of it funny, you are entitled to that. I am aware that some people won't like it.

I will edit my post to include that there is Nsfw language.

Have a nice day!

turtlefanforever
01-08-2015, 03:31 PM

show him your rap! lead by example. :tlol:

but just from this post ik it'd be something I won't like so not gonna waste my time listening to it

Jester
01-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Moved to Fan Art/Works, because that's what it is.

SaturdayMorningDubToons
01-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Moved to Fan Art/Works, because that's what it is.

Apologies for the wrong thread posting, thank you for correcting it for me

ZariusTwo
01-08-2015, 03:49 PM
This is not appropriate for a forum that children visit

1. This place has plenty of NSFW language and behavior as it is.

2. One of the most acclaimed works of fan-art here (and rightfully so) is Turtle Turncoat...which has a lot of fan service in at least one chapter...

Please, don't act like this is the first instance of anything taboo on this forum.

DarthRaphael
01-08-2015, 07:00 PM
I'd prefer that there was some sort of age restriction set on the video so some 8 year old can't see it accidentally, but no one can force you to do that except youtube.