PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back, I think?

Jade Green
01-12-2015, 01:24 AM
Technically, I am not a new member; but, itís been so long that I thought it might be a good idea to (re)introduce myself.

While Iíve popped in form time to time to check up on things, I havenít really been active since December of 2012. So, yeah, over two years since Iíve technically been active; (do RPG posts even count)? Iíve been in lurk mode on and off for the past few months, but I wasnít sure that I really wanted to be Ďactiveí again. There always seemed to be some sort of drama on the board, and although I was rarely a part of it, (I mainly remained in the RPG section), the bickering did annoy me. I also have a feeling that I was never really all that liked either. I guess I canít blame people for that, I was/am an avid role player with a ď5th turtleĒ OC; but, I never really saw that particular character as a Ďfifthí of anything. To me, she was just another mutant with no affiliation with the Ninja Turtles who just also happened to be a turtle.

As some of you may know, Machias Banshee just finished her fan fiction ďNo Place to Call Home.Ē She posted the story on DeviantArt where it turns out Iím one of her followers. I read the first chapter and was rather impressed with her work, (I plan to read the rest of it later)! As I was thinking over the chapter it occurred to me that there areówellóholes in my memory. I remembered doing a few light RPs with Machias way back in the day; but, for some odd reason, I had categorized her as also going by another rather infamous name. The mix up concerned me and I queried a few of the people in my own circles in hopes of an answer.

I finally got one and got a link to a page that answered my question.

As it turns out, thereís a Drome Wikia site.

Machiasís profile is a great and wonderful description of her dedication to the site. The article was amusing and I learned a lot more about her. Then, I got curious. You know what they say about curiosity and cats.

At first I was surprised, and perhaps a little hurt, when I read the article involving me. Then, after reading a few others, I was relieved. Some of the articles are great, but others come across as rather mean and perhaps unnecessary. I suppose one canít complain too much, the truth hurts, right? Then, I got to Iron Man andÖ really? Are you serious? I canít be polite and friendly to someone without people thinking thatÖ NO. No, no, no, no, no and most importantly, no. Also, why is there more about me in his page than on mine? Actually, scratch that, donít answer it, It doesnít matter; (but seriously, no)!

Finding out about this Wikia site was enough for me to finally post again and make this rather unorganized rant.

So, yeah, Iím back.

Maybe, sort of, I donít know, I guess so?

DarkFell
01-12-2015, 01:32 AM
:mango: I'm still sorta new here. But hey, welcome back. :mango:

Powder
01-12-2015, 01:44 AM
I don't really have any idea what you're trying to put across, but welcome back. Yours is a name I've not seen in a long time. The site is still full of drama & hostility, so I hope you're ready for that. :tlol: I don't really remember anything about you but I know that a lot of people think they're hated when the reality is, this place is just tough, & things usually aren't personal.

Jade Green
01-12-2015, 01:52 AM
Thanks, DarkFell, nice to meet you.

And Powder, like I said, my rant is a little unorganized. That's what I get for typing it at one in the morning after coming home from work. In short, I wandered away from the forum for various reasons and got a life. That life is stable and my nostalgia for this site and the TMNT has returned.

Powder
01-12-2015, 01:53 AM
Got ya. Despite you parting ways with the site for a while, have you been keeping up with the current versions of TMNT?

Jade Green
01-12-2015, 02:03 AM
I don't really watch a lot of t.v. any more and so the stuff I've seen has been via the internet. From the few episodes I have seen of the Nickelodeon show, I have to say that over all I am disappointed. As Nick shows go, it's good. As a TMNT show? Where's the grit?

Speaking of 'grit', I really wish I can wipe the memory of Michael Bay's horror from my mind.

Jester
01-12-2015, 02:09 AM
Welcome Back Jade....and as for grit....

Powder
01-12-2015, 03:19 AM
Where's the grit?

You must not be paying attention. It's full of horror, violence, dark themes, city streets, what more could you want? It's got far more grit than the OT could ever hope for, & is easily on par with the 4kids series on that front. Hell, it's done better, to me.

What about the IDW comics?

ZariusTwo
01-12-2015, 03:40 AM
You must not be paying attention. It's full of horror, violence, dark themes, city streets, what more could you want?

A decent script.

blindturtle02
01-12-2015, 03:54 AM
Hey Jade, and welcome back. Glad to meet you and will see ya around the drome.

Powder
01-12-2015, 04:14 AM
A decent script.

I'm sorry you feel that way. At least there will always be fan-fiction.

DarthRaphael
01-12-2015, 07:32 AM
More long time members coming back. I'm one of those too. :D

I think the drama has died down a lot so its a good time to be here. :tgrin:

Powder
01-12-2015, 08:00 AM
I think the drama has died down a lot so its a good time to be here. :tgrin:

What forum are you on? :tlol: Davetello? Movie section? It's madness 'round here, mang.

DarthRaphael
01-12-2015, 08:01 AM
What forum are you on? :tlol: Davetello? Movie section? It's madness 'round here, mang.

Naww. Much better than it was two weeks ago.

Mew
01-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Hello.
Meow!

Powder
01-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Naww. Much better than it was two weeks ago.

Man, the fact you haven't been here in a while is really showing. :trazz: These 'periods of peace' are kinda rare, dude. As it is, the movie section is already getting pretty tense. In my time here the joint's gotten more & more topsy turvy as the world turns.

Slade
01-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Welcome back then, I think?

mrmaczaps
01-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Welcome back. Its still kinda crazy in here...

Jade Green
01-12-2015, 11:08 AM
Powder:

Given that I've only watched a handful of episodes I guess you could say I haven't been paying attention. I suppose I aught to give it another look-see if I can get my hands on the episodes.

IDW: Yeah, I've heard of and seen these comics but I haven't read any of them. That hasn't been by choice, however. I haven't had the chance to order them online, (this has recently changed), and there's only one real comic store around me and they didn't have much of a selection.

DarthRaph: I think I might avoid posting in certain areas, just in case.

Mzx10484
01-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Welcome back !!

Refractive Reflections
01-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Man, the fact you haven't been here in a while is really showing. :trazz: These 'periods of peace' are kinda rare, dude. As it is, the movie section is already getting pretty tense. In my time here the joint's gotten more & more topsy turvy as the world turns.

:lol:

Sorry, I couldn't help it after reading that line being similar to the title of a soap opera. :lol:

...And welcome back Jade Green, I'm sure you'll notice that with the progressing Nick series and especially the divisive 2014 movie, you'll see why things have gotten crazy here. :P

Jade Green
01-12-2015, 02:05 PM
...And welcome back Jade Green, I'm sure you'll notice that with the progressing Nick series and especially the divisive 2014 movie, you'll see why things have gotten crazy here. :P

Don't you mean 'crazier'?

snake
01-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Welcome back, Jade Green. The place is a lot more calm now, but I'm sure another sh*tstorm will brew soon enough.

TheCanadiandrome
01-12-2015, 02:31 PM
welcome back

Ravenshell
01-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Howdy and happy returnings!

pennydreadful
01-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Howdy Jade - I haven't had the pleasure previously but it's lovely to meet you. :tsmile: Look forward to getting to know you better!

MisfitKraang
01-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Welcome Back YO!!:D

Machias Banshee
01-12-2015, 09:09 PM
Daww.... :toops:

I'm very glad to see you come back. :) The place has definitely grown since you've been here... some people have come and gone and come back. There's a lot of friendly folks to chat with, and all sorts of stuff to talk about, no matter what universe you like. :) The platinum dunes section is a lil hairy to go through, but it's calmed down this past week or so...

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the story - it took 12 years, but I finally finished. I wanted to be sure I had a suitable ending before posting it on DeviantArt. I don't RP as much as I used to, but I still like to dabble in some art and writing... I'm coming up with another story now involving Raphael. He's so fun to mess with. :evilgrin:

Oh, and I've always kept this same name, no matter what site I'm on. It's easier than remembering a bunch of names... ;)

Netkeeper
01-13-2015, 01:01 AM
Hello there, welcome back. I'm another one of those that didn't previously know you, but that ought to be fine! Look forward to seeing you around.

And not everyone here likes the 2012 show, I certainly don't. If you find it to not be your cup of tea, you now know who to PM. :V

Refractive Reflections
01-13-2015, 01:42 AM
Don't you mean 'crazier'?

I guess so... :P I didn't know the forums were baseline "crazy" before 2012. :lol:

Icebot
01-13-2015, 07:30 AM
Welcome back! Hope you enjoy it here!

Davin
01-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Welcome back to the drome. :tsmile:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-13-2015, 08:45 PM
I haven't been on here in about a decade, and it was a previous username...

I saw someone else had already proffered welcoming Mangoes, so I'll just say "hi!"

And maybe offer a couple of Mangoes of Welcome myself. What the heck, have some more! :mango: :mango:

Jade Green
01-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Daww.... :toops:

I'm very glad to see you come back. :) The place has definitely grown since you've been here... some people have come and gone and come back. There's a lot of friendly folks to chat with, and all sorts of stuff to talk about, no matter what universe you like. :) The platinum dunes section is a lil hairy to go through, but it's calmed down this past week or so...

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the story - it took 12 years, but I finally finished. I wanted to be sure I had a suitable ending before posting it on DeviantArt. I don't RP as much as I used to, but I still like to dabble in some art and writing... I'm coming up with another story now involving Raphael. He's so fun to mess with. :evilgrin:

Oh, and I've always kept this same name, no matter what site I'm on. It's easier than remembering a bunch of names... ;)

I'm a follow of yours on DA. I don't even remember hitting that 'watch' button but I'm certainly glad I did. I haven't finished reading it yet, but it's totally on my list. I also know what it's like to struggle on a fan fic, I have one that I haven't worked on for over year for... various reasons. I'm hoping my change in job will alleviate some of that situation. It's a pity that you don't RP that much any more, I happen to know a place that would love have someone of your talents. :)

As for everyone else, thank you so much for the welcome backs and the mangoes!

Super Goku
01-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Welcome back. I was hoping that you would return. You're a great writer.

Mew
01-14-2015, 05:37 PM
Hello!
Nice to meet you.

Jade Green
01-16-2015, 12:36 AM
Hello, Super Goku, interesting name change there.

and Hi, MewMeow

Shawn
01-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Hello and welcome.