PDA

View Full Version : [Question] So what happened to the Rank Image Bar and Reputation Bar?

Refractive Reflections
01-13-2015, 11:03 AM
I was going through the FAQs page and I noticed the Reputation (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation) link. So have the administrators disabled this feature? Because I don't see my reputation at the bottom of my CP page. Was it disabled because it became more of a popularity contest of sorts?

Also what happened to the Rank Image Bar (http://www.thetechnodrome.com/frules.shtml)? I know that the 3 red blocks appear when someone is banned, but what about the one yellow block (1st warning) and two orange blocks (2nd warning)? Were those two aspects (the yellow and orange blocks) removed to give the warned users some privacy rather than publicly exposing the users who were "warned before"?

Prowler
01-13-2015, 11:42 AM
I've been here since 2009 and I don't recall there ever being a reputation system in this forum. So it must have been a long time ago.

snake
01-13-2015, 01:08 PM
The reputation bar is just asking for trouble.

pennydreadful
01-13-2015, 01:48 PM
Gosh, yeah - the reputation thing seems like it'd just result in some of the factions here repeatedly downrating each others' posts.

Machias Banshee
01-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Penny and Snake each get a cookie!

Yeah, we basically wanted to avoid any abuse of the system and just deactivated it. As for the warned bars... it might be good to bring those back. But I know Krang was concerned way back because someone would get a warning, and the warning bar made them feel like some sort of pariah... :ohwell:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-13-2015, 08:58 PM
I would think some people would wear their warning bar as badges of honor or scars of battle. :trazz: Right up until they get banned--then I guess it serves as more of a R.I.P. headstone! :tlol:

Refractive Reflections
01-14-2015, 04:52 AM
I would think some people would wear their warning bar as badges of honor or scars of battle. :trazz: Right up until they get banned--then I guess it serves as more of a R.I.P. headstone! :tlol:

...But just like a soap, sometimes the users "rise out of their grave" (disguise themselves as a new user after a permanent ban) and come back no matter how deep the staff try to "bury" (block) them. :P

svWMc5M6Tmc

Dun Dun Dun...

BubblyShell22
01-15-2015, 04:22 PM
Yeah, but I think the warning system is still a good thing so people know where they stand as far as bad behavior goes. I'm glad the reputation thing was axed though as it sounds like a magnet for trouble.

Krang
01-16-2015, 03:02 PM
As for the warned bars... it might be good to bring those back. But I know Krang was concerned way back because someone would get a warning, and the warning bar made them feel like some sort of pariah... :ohwell:
Yes, exactly. Also, we tended to get way too much unnecessary complaining with public warnings (for example, "Why did [my friend] get a warning when [my enemy] didn't?"), so the warnings system was retired, and everything is now handled privately.

BubblyShell22
01-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Well, that makes sense, so that's a good thing.

Refractive Reflections
01-22-2015, 02:04 AM
Thanks Krang for answering my questions! :)