PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool to be killed off in April

Amaranthus
01-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Source:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/09/marvel-reveals-deadpool-will-die-in-april-2015
Are people really waiting for this?
I'm getting sick of Marvel announcing deaths months before they'll actually happen just so people can get hyped about it.
What do you guys think about this?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mafiupkADV1r5gw45o2_500.gif

Candy Kappa
01-18-2015, 09:59 AM
"Fox might get their thumb outta their asses and make a Deadpool movie? better kill him off."

Zulithe
01-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Hmmm let's see

Most popular X-Man killed off (wolverine)

Fantasic Four cancelled

Namor killed off (supposedly, that one is up in the air.)

Now... Deadpool being killed off

All Fox properties. Except Namor which is Universal.

Yeah it's definitely a coincidence.

Waiting for them to kill Spider-Man. You're next, Sony.

Bry
01-18-2015, 10:47 AM
"Fox might get their thumb outta their asses and make a Deadpool movie? better kill him off."

Marvel being openly spiteful against Fox seems like the easy answer here. Then again, Deadpool sells almost twice as much as Fantastic Four at this point, so I don't see them putting him "away" as easily.

Also, I remember a certain period in 2002 where he "died" twice within ten issues.

http://s30.postimg.org/rojjl3kvl/deadpooldeaths.jpg

So who's ready for "All-Even-Newer Deadpool Now-ish!" #1 this summer!? :P

ZariusTwo
01-18-2015, 11:25 AM
Waiting for them to kill Spider-Man. You're next, Sony.

He's already been killed a good number of times the last few years. Always got better though.

Hell the whole point of Spider-Verse has been to kill as many alternate Spider-Men as possible (except the one who made a deal with Satan because reasons)

MsMarvelDuckie
01-19-2015, 04:41 PM
:tgrumble::tmad:

Figures. I'll also second Zarius on the Spidey thing. He's "died" at least three times that I can recall. Morlun, The Other, and Ock, all within the last 12 years. It's getting old. And I know of at least one instance where Wolvie "killed" Deadpool (and then put him back together again before it became permanent) so....

But WHY???!!!

Leo656
01-20-2015, 12:17 AM
But WHY???!!!

How better to drum up some support for a semi-obscure character before their movie comes out? The worst thing about it is its such a damn cliche at this point.

Donatello19
01-20-2015, 02:30 PM
I thought Deadpool couldn't die...?

CyberCubed
01-20-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm wondering if Disney is going to cut Marvel's funding and make them cancel all their current universe books and make a new series of comics following the movie universe instead.

This isn't the 90's anymore, now entire generations of kids and teens grew up with the Marvel movie universe. I imagine its only a matter of time before that becomes the "main" Marvel universe, and both the Ultimate and 616 universe comics come to an end for good.

ZariusTwo
01-20-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm wondering if Disney is going to cut Marvel's funding and make them cancel all their current universe books and make a new series of comics following the movie universe instead

They're going to be amalgamating the 616 and Ultimate Universes, which may as well be the same thing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58625

turtlefanforever
01-20-2015, 03:05 PM

wasn't that spawn that couldn't die? they look kinda alike. Although I'm completely out of the loop on most comic stuff. So excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong haha.

THGhost
02-21-2015, 11:21 PM

Precisely what I was thinking. The same goes for Wolverine. They both have regenerative powers, so how can they possibly be killed off?

Purse Grabbin Puke
02-21-2015, 11:27 PM
Precisely what I was thinking. The same goes for Wolverine. They both have regenerative powers, so how can they possibly be killed off?

Isn't it something like explode the heart? But I'm pretty sure Deadpool's upper body has been exploded and he's regenerated.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-22-2015, 01:26 AM

Wolvie can't "die" because of some sort of bargain with Death or some such that each time he "dies" he gets to er, wrestle for it. Basically, he fights for the right to come back and be "resurrected", even if his entire body (except his indestructible adamantium skeleton, of course) is obliterated.

Deadpool, on the other hand, very much CAN die. His regeneration is based on Wolvie's, but it's not as powerful, and all it would take would be cutting off his head and separating it from his body for longer than about ten minutes IIRC. Which is exactly what almost happened when Wolvie himself almost "killed" him. He just put the head back before time ran out.

Slade
02-23-2015, 03:12 PM
Wolvie can't "die" because of some sort of bargain with Death or some such that each time he "dies" he gets to er, wrestle for it. Basically, he fights for the right to come back and be "resurrected", even if his entire body (except his indestructible adamantium skeleton, of course) is obliterated.

Deadpool, on the other hand, very much CAN die. His regeneration is based on Wolvie's, but it's not as powerful, and all it would take would be cutting off his head and separating it from his body for longer than about ten minutes IIRC. Which is exactly what almost happened when Wolvie himself almost "killed" him. He just put the head back before time ran out.

Wait, I thought Thanos cursed Deadpool because Death was in love with DP and not Thanos..or some sh*t like that.

Candy Kappa
02-23-2015, 04:34 PM
as like Wolverine, who used to spend days of not week to heal impalement, now regenerates by just mere flesh bits that wasn't vaporized from his skeleton. Deadpool have gotten more powerful over the years, depending on continuity he have tried committing suicide by shooting himself in the head, and regenerated from having his brain splattered over the wall he was standing next to.

I was also under the impression Deadpool's healing factor was stronger then Logan's since Logan's healing factor constantly have to fight the metal poisoning from the Adamantium, same reason why X-23 have a better regen then Logan. Although, it looks like most modern writers have forgotten about that since he (Logan) can heal up almost instantly in most modern comic stories.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Not so. In fact, Deadpool's regeneration is constantly fighting his cancer. His most recent attempt at suicide involved trying to get rid of his powers to let the cancer finish him off. IIRC, he ended up changing his mind.