PDA

View Full Version : Vision Quest review!

Kinda geeky
01-23-2015, 04:45 PM
If you can, go check out my video review of vision quest! I've started a new YouTube channel with geeky reviews that will talk about the current material and references made in it. TMNT is one of my favorite things to review, so please check it out. Any feedback on what you like or ways I can improve the format would be appreciated.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tgjEBWqVCdg

Refractive Reflections
01-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Hey "Kinda Geeky"! :P

Also welcome to the Technodrome Forums! :)

I saw the video and the review seems good but a bit brief, and it's good you kept on an eye on the writing (since, in my opinion, it's been weak but that's just me :ohwell:), but I think you may want to elaborate more also on the characters individually, and how this episode either progressed/regressed each of them.

As for ideas on what other topics to discuss, check out the Official Episode Discussion Thread for "Vision Quest" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50827). One big topic is the campfire scene as to whether it was profound/poignant enough, for example:

I won't nitpick everything, but my main beef was with the campfire scene with Splinter. His speech in the first movie has moved me to tears several times, but here he shows up and basically says "you're an asshole, you're a retard, you're a nerd and you're a big pussy. Now go dress up and play make believe in the woods. Also I'm not dead."

And then Mikey is the only one to get emotional.

It was also good that you mentioned the comics and referred to the movie since this Nick series incorporates a lot of elements from past TMNT incarnations. It displays your knowledge of TMNT well!

Hope this helps a bit. :ohwell:

Kinda geeky
01-24-2015, 05:47 AM
Thank you for the feedback! Most of the stuff I'm interested in is character driven, so I'll try to keep that in mind in the future.

Mew
01-24-2015, 06:16 AM
Great review!
Welcome to the 'Drome!