PDA

View Full Version : Future of the Savate?

corvus
01-25-2015, 03:07 PM
So a lot of us were really upset about Victor dying in city fall, not the fact that he died so much but that it happened so soon.
I re-read the first annual though and realized something. Fabrice is not dead, he's alive and well. Maybe the writers kept him alive for a reason, maybe not, maybe they don't plan that far ahead.
Thoughts?

spookycookies
01-25-2015, 03:32 PM
So a lot of us were really upset about Victor dying in city fall, not the fact that he died so much but that it happened so soon.
I re-read the first annual though and realized something. Fabrice is not dead, he's alive and well. Maybe the writers kept him alive for a reason, maybe not, maybe they don't plan that far ahead.
Thoughts?

I would like to think that the Savate are down but not out. I could see Victor's wing man Pierre stepping up into a leadership role. He was only in a panel or two and was just briefly given a name, but Koya had the same treatment in CityFall so who knows?

I'm sure they will show up in some way or another, I think they are a great addition to the TMNT mythos.

ChosenOne
01-25-2015, 04:51 PM
When Shredder and the Foot fall, I'm sure there will be a power vacuum in the city and maybe even a new gang war. Maybe the Savate will be back.

Venom
01-25-2015, 05:55 PM
When Shredder and the Foot fall, I'm sure there will be a power vacuum in the city and maybe even a new gang war. Maybe the Savate will be back.

If there is a gang war, there's a particular duo Bobby needs to look into hiring for the arc: Tristan Jones and Paul Harmon!!

It would even be fun to see Paul and Trex alternate art on issues!

Plasticplayhouse
01-26-2015, 03:48 AM
If there is a gang war, there's a particular duo Bobby needs to look into hiring for the arc: Tristan Jones and Paul Harmon!!

It would even be fun to see Paul and Trex alternate art on issues!

This would be a tasty treat. I'd love to have them for a few issues :)

liugeaux
01-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Thoughts?

I wouldn't say Victor's death was upsetting. Most of his story was told in that first annual, and that whole issue was a scatter-brained headache. So, i never really got attached to any of the Savate.

With that said, sure, I'd love for a rival gang to step in and actually challenge the foot.

ProphetofGanja
01-26-2015, 09:58 AM
If IDW is gonna include more gang warfare in the story I'd like to see the Ghost Boys again. You'd think they'd still be upset about Bebop and Rocksteady destroying their headquarters

snake
01-26-2015, 10:02 AM
I'm sure we'll see the savate again. Same with the Ghost Boys.

corvus
01-26-2015, 11:10 AM
If shredder dies or apparently dies we'll probably have a serious gang war.

2K3
01-27-2015, 02:46 PM
If IDW is gonna include more gang warfare in the story I'd like to see the Ghost Boys again. You'd think they'd still be upset about Bebop and Rocksteady destroying their headquarters

AGREED; I like to see more of the Ghost Boys and the Savate alongside The Foot and the Purple Dragons. Hopefully we'll see a new leader to the Savate and see more of Mob Bosses Antonio and Xiang Fei Tong. It gives a bigger feel of crime gangs in the TMNT-verse!

Joey Kamikaze
01-27-2015, 04:08 PM
To be honest I've had about enough of New York for a while. Once Shredder's out of the way for a bit I'd like to see the turtles off to other places, either doing a TMNTA-style jaunt to other countries or maybe even going off into space and/or Dimension X. I wouldn't be opposed to more Savate and other gang stuff down the line, I'd just like to see this universe breathe and open up a bit more now the Foot story that's dominated SHotFC through the current arc seems to be getting to its climax.

ProphetofGanja
01-29-2015, 06:14 PM
AGREED; I like to see more of the Ghost Boys and the Savate alongside The Foot and the Purple Dragons. Hopefully we'll see a new leader to the Savate and see more of Mob Bosses Antonio and Xiang Fei Tong. It gives a bigger feel of crime gangs in the TMNT-verse!

Yeah for real. I feel like while the TMNT obviously aren't totally about gangs and crime, to me it seems like an integral part of the series. The Turtles are reborn into their new life, eventually defeat their first enemy (Shredder), and become vigilante protectors of their home, New York City. They are as representative of NYC as Spider-man, to me.

To be honest I've had about enough of New York for a while. Once Shredder's out of the way for a bit I'd like to see the turtles off to other places, either doing a TMNTA-style jaunt to other countries or maybe even going off into space and/or Dimension X. I wouldn't be opposed to more Savate and other gang stuff down the line, I'd just like to see this universe breathe and open up a bit more now the Foot story that's dominated SHotFC through the current arc seems to be getting to its climax.

I feel you on that. I'm ready to see the Turtles jet off to exotic locales and alien worlds, but I do want to get a few more New York-centric stories first. To me, based on the vibe I'm getting right now it feels like Krang will be dealt with after the Attack on Technodrome arc (if not killed then neutralized for a while), and then the Turtles will resume focusing on their Destroy Shredder Manifesto (hence the next arc, Vengeance). Since Shredder is based out of New York, I'm hoping that arc will take place largely in the city, and some other gangs get some screen time, either because the Shredder calls them in to aid him or because they sense he is weak and they aim to take over his operations.

It would be really cool to see the Turtles go to modern day Japan, since they've been there hundreds of years ago. And I can't wait for them to go back to Dimension X or somewhere in space. Hell, I want to see them go where ever the creative team sends them!