PDA

View Full Version : BayTurtles/Transformers Crossover!?

Mew
01-27-2015, 07:05 AM
Is there going to be one?
How woukd it be?
Would you see it.
Would see it, but it would be mediocre. As long as it makes money, Michael Bay will keep doing this.

The Stryker
01-27-2015, 07:07 AM
Throw in GI Joe and you got a deal.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-27-2015, 07:07 AM
Oh man. I hadn't even thought of this.

What a nightmare that would be.

Mew
01-27-2015, 07:19 AM
Michael Bay will probably do it.

(._.)

massakre
01-27-2015, 07:28 AM
with everyone going after the idea of crossovers/shared universes, etc. I could see this happening.. and yes, Id be upset if it did.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Hell No. Let me repeat: Hell. No.

neatoman
01-27-2015, 08:19 AM
It could happen, I just don't quite see what stories there are to tell with that premise though. If what I suspect is true, then the most similarity the two series' will have is that it'll be the same basic idea again and again.

All the Transformers movies have the same basic idea for it's plot every time, Megatron tries to revive the Cybertronian race through some plot device from ancient times. In the first one it's the Allspark that will turn all of earth's machines into Cybertronians (which does not make sense, he went after that thing long before Earth's technology was advanced enough, he himself is in fact the reason it's advanced enough), in the second one it's a machine that will turn the sun into energon, in the third one he struck a deal with Sentinel to enslave humanity (I know it's from the cartoon but it was nonsensical story there too), and in the fourth one it's a seed that will turn a city cybernetic. Not to mention that each new plan retcons the previous ones...

In TMNT I suspect it will always be someone trying to use the mutagen for evil stuff, and I bet Shredder will always be the villain to some capacity.

Hey! Maybe that's the story? Shredder and Galvatron team up to revive Cybertron with Mutagen?

Creativemind
01-27-2015, 08:29 AM
I actually like the Transformers movies for what they are but I was never a big fan of the original 80s series. I also enjoyed The TMNT movie enough to buy the blu ray so that being said I would watch a crossover movie. It would still be better than Next Mutation. I don't think anything could be worse than that version of the turtles.

The Turtle Terminator
01-27-2015, 09:34 AM
Something says Bay will do it now youve given this idea to the world...

IndigoErth
01-27-2015, 11:51 AM
Ah, don't blame him... I saw an article or something a while ago that randomly suggested that crossover, if anything blame whoever that was. lol

Those sentient robots are how big? And how many? Poor superpowerless Turtles, being bullet proof wouldn't be much help. Forget the fourth wall, poor Turtles will just turn and look at the camera like "You can't be serious." :lol:

Would rather watch them trying to keep up with a group of superheros. And then proving to be a massive asset despite their lack of otherworldly powers.

Autbot_Benz
01-27-2015, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't mind it. I love the bay movies might be cool if they did it right

The Turtle Terminator
01-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Ah, don't blame him... I saw an article or something a while ago that randomly suggested that crossover, if anything blame whoever that was. lol

Those sentient robots are how big? And how many? Poor superpowerless Turtles, being bullet proof wouldn't be much help. Forget the fourth wall, poor Turtles will just turn and look at the camera like "You can't be serious." :lol:

Would rather watch them trying to keep up with a group of superheros. And then proving to be a massive asset despite their lack of otherworldly powers.

Is this what you're reffering to about an article? http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/8280/20141217/transformers-5-release-date-cast-plot-optimus-prime-allies-teenage.htm

IndigoErth
01-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Probably, I hadn't really paid much attention too far past the headline though.

According to the report, rumors appeared saying that Optimus Prime and the rest of the gang would be joining the Turtles due to reports of TMNT director Jonathan Liebesman's involvement in the production of the fifth Transformers film.
No no... it will really be a TMNT/Earth to Echo crossover.

"Earth to Echo" follows four young teenagers who find an alien life form that's trying to rebuild its spaceship. Together, the teenagers protect the alien and help rebuild it's ship so it can fly back to its home planet. Written by Unknown
Aka, the Turtles help the Uroms go home.

Amaranthus
01-27-2015, 01:47 PM
I ask that myself of the OP

I'm not going to bash the movies but franchises really need to stay in their own universe.

snake
01-27-2015, 01:48 PM

I'd watch it. I'm one of the few who enjoys the new GI Joe movies.

pennydreadful
01-27-2015, 03:41 PM
How woukd it be?
Would you see it.

In order of questions asked:

1. Dear god, I hope not.
2. Mediocre at best.
3. Not even under pain of death.

Do you need to make a thread about every brainfart you have?

Dude, he's 11 years old. You can make a point without being rude; this forum is for members of all ages (not just teens and adults). He's just a kid, maybe he's a little over-enthusiastic but he's new to the community and still finding his feet. A little bit of tolerance isn't going to kill anyone.

Metalwolf
01-27-2015, 06:46 PM
How woukd it be?
Would you see it.
Would see it, but it would be mediocre. As long as it makes money, Michael Bay will keep doing this.

1. Doubt it.

2. I would not want to see it.

3. Corny and not in a good way. Avengers was a crossover, but it also knew how to make the heroes work together and with good chemistry. TMNT and Transformers would fail epically, because they are so different from each other it would not work well at all.

ProactiveMan
01-27-2015, 08:45 PM
The merchandising rights would be a bit of a mess if Turtleformers were to come to fruition. With any luck, that would scare them off, at least for a while.

For example, I can't see Playmates giving up the Turtles to Hasbro, and the reverse is too ludicrous to think about.

Shark_Blade
01-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Sure, why not. Hire Shia and Megan as well and they be like, "Hey, just like ol' time" :tlove:

SuperXShredder
01-27-2015, 09:13 PM
i never want to watch a transformer movie that involves micheal bay EVER again. however i will watch another micheal bay tmnt movie LOL.

snake
01-27-2015, 09:22 PM
i never want to watch a transformer movie that involves micheal bay EVER again. however i will watch another micheal bay tmnt movie LOL.

They function the same.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-27-2015, 09:26 PM
what we should be saying is that while both great childhood shows these worlds dont fit together

thats no longer the case sadly thanks to bay and co

no i wouldnt want to see this..granted megatron may actually pose a threat to these turtles

TonySiegel
01-27-2015, 10:20 PM
the stars will not align for another proper TMNT film for many a millennia....

Commenter 42
01-28-2015, 04:37 AM
I read today that a Go-Bots film is in the works.

GO-BOTS.

So....

So literally anything is possible.

ANYTHING!

IndigoErth
01-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Wow, forgotten all about Go Bots. (No nostalgia ruining there for me I guess.) Wouldn't be surprised if the Transformers people tried to shut that down though.

Commenter 42
01-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Wow, forgotten all about Go Bots. (No nostalgia ruining there for me I guess.) Wouldn't be surprised if the Transformers people tried to shut that down though.

Yeah, well I don't think anyone cares about Go Bots. They don't love them now, and no one loved them in the 80's.

Unless the movie is a Transformers send-up, this is a massive waste of money.

Hilarious.

pennydreadful
01-28-2015, 04:40 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/Kerg053G7ZJUQ/giphy.gif

C42 nailed it - Go-Bots are the unloved dollar-store reject bin cousin of Transformers. Nobody liked Go-Bots! :lol: What idiot gave this project the green light?

The Boston Ninja Turtle
01-28-2015, 04:42 PM
What idiot gave this project the green light?

the toy companies

IndigoErth
01-28-2015, 04:56 PM
Really it's best bet for a movie is to just let some middle schooler make a stop motion project after finding their parents old toys. :tlol:

ProactiveMan
01-28-2015, 06:37 PM
I liked Go Bots, or Machine Men as it was inexplicably named in my part of the world, and I remember a lot of kids watched it. The toys were actually pretty cool - I think I still have a couple somewhere.

Having said that, I can't picture a Go Bots movie. They're pretty obscure nowadays, and it would just come off as a cheep attempt to cash in on the popularity of Transform... wait...

Longview01
01-28-2015, 09:12 PM

and He-Man....and Bruce Campbell....just because

LeoRaph
01-28-2015, 09:43 PM
I thought we already got the BayTurtles/Bayformers cross over with 'Shreddertron' :twink:

But seriously, NO. The 2 worlds can't co exist. Just even imagining both cartoons in the same world doesn't work. Then again if Bay wants it, he'll find a way and if so...

http://youtu.be/9dg3SVOM9cc