PDA

View Full Version : Question about two last season.

mrminister4446
01-29-2015, 09:06 AM
Hey, I just have a small question: When did they think about FF going into the future and when did they think about changing the animations? Was it planned long before it? Like when? And, did they have any general idea of what those seasons would be like, before they wanted to change the animations, and make them go to the future?

CyberCubed
01-29-2015, 10:28 AM
They were always planned to go to the future. FF was written before Season 5 even aired on TV.

The animation changed because it was towards the end of the shows run and the budget got slashed.

evan2000
01-29-2015, 10:34 AM
I'll just quote myself from another thread:

I'm just wondering if the same thing would happen like the 4Kids series: after the initial planned 4-season run based on mostly Mirage material, the producers started scratching their heads on how to resume the series from there; they ended up producing Ninja Tribunal (but not air it), switched to Fast Forward for one season, cancelled the second season due to poor response, released Ninja Tribunal on DVD as the "lost episodes" and later aired it anyway, and then they couldn't decide how to move on from there. What almost happened was TMNT: Overload (in (https://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3461608438/) case (https://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3461604940/) you're (https://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3460787049/) curious (https://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3461598498/)) but we ended up having BTTS, followed by Turtles Forever to end the series before selling it to Nickelodeon.

mrminister4446
01-29-2015, 10:51 AM
They were always planned to go to the future. FF was written before Season 5 even aired on TV.

The animation changed because it was towards the end of the shows run and the budget got slashed.

Ok, so the plot was planned before season 5, but the animation were supposed to stay the same, but was changed later?

Also, before they started to properly plan season 6, did they have any alternate ideas to go with or was it set in stone? And if possible, when exactly did the conclude that they would go to the future?

ABrown
01-29-2015, 11:53 AM
I have a small conspiracy theory that everything started with "Same As It Never Was". SAINW was arguably the darkest episode of the series. It aired during the third season. That episode led to "Insane In The Membrane" not airing on television during the forth season. This further lead to "Nightmares Recycled" not even being produced for the fifth season. After that somebody said enough was enough and the show changed style to be lighter and a little more child friendly.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-29-2015, 01:08 PM
I think you're absolutely right.

I have a small conspiracy theory that everything started with "Same As It Never Was". SAINW was arguably the darkest episode of the series. It aired during the third season. That episode led to "Insane In The Membrane" not airing on television during the forth season. This further lead to "Nightmares Recycled" not even being produced for the fifth season. After that somebody said enough was enough and the show changed style to be lighter and a little more child friendly.

turtlefanforever
01-29-2015, 01:41 PM

really wish Nightmares Recycled was made. Sad it wasn't.

I'll just quote myself from another thread:

honestly I just wanted more. I would have been fine with overload. I wish we had overload, and the 2nd season of FF (cause the rumored episodes sounded good) along with what we already got. I can watch through this series a ton of times but I always get sad when it ends. even if the episodes weren't the greatest. Need more too watch of the good old stuff. Can't stand what we get today.

Also to answer the question like others stated the budget was slashed

CyberCubed
01-29-2015, 05:19 PM
Nightmares Recycled sounded dull. Did anyone want to see Garbageman for a third time? And him and Hun being "co-joined baby twins" just sounds disturbing.

Xav
01-29-2015, 05:27 PM
I have a small conspiracy theory that everything started with "Same As It Never Was". SAINW was arguably the darkest episode of the series. It aired during the third season. That episode led to "Insane In The Membrane" not airing on television during the forth season. This further lead to "Nightmares Recycled" not even being produced for the fifth season. After that somebody said enough was enough and the show changed style to be lighter and a little more child friendly.SAINW had nothing to do with "Insane In The Membrane" not airing. That had to do with a change of personnel in the Fox BS&P offices.

Wesley
01-31-2015, 02:06 PM
SAINW had nothing to do with "Insane In The Membrane" not airing. That had to do with a change of personnel in the Fox BS&P offices.

You're right. In any event, that episode did air in the UK and Ireland.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
02-03-2015, 02:33 PM
You're right. In any event, that episode did air in the UK and Ireland.

And it was one of the best episodes of the entire series, IMO.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Nightmares Recycled sounded dull. Did anyone want to see Garbageman for a third time? And him and Hun being "co-joined baby twins" just sounds disturbing.

Disturbing is absolutely right. Honestly, I'm baffled that 4Kids didn't learn from their banned Season Four episode ("Insane in the Membrane") that maybe they should be more careful with their controversial and dark stuff.

Just... ugh. Not so careful that they thought "Fast Forward" or "Overload" was a good idea. :tgrumble:

k_lala
02-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Well everything changed, the animation matched the tone of the show as well. So i don't mind the animation changing because it was toned down so much and became more kid friendly. The hand to hand action, story line, tone, animation all changed.

Spike Spiegel
02-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Well everything changed, the animation matched the tone of the show as well. So i don't mind the animation changing because it was toned down so much and became more kid friendly. The hand to hand action, story line, tone, animation all changed.

It's like the opposite of what happened with the Red Sky seasons of the original show.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-19-2015, 09:29 PM
But seriously... how the hell did they think "Nightmares Recycled" had a chance of being produced?