PDA

View Full Version : Raphael Movie 3d model opinions and help please?

Bmaga123
01-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Please take a look at this 3d model of Raphael and help me figure out what needs to be changed and fixed in order to create a better likeness of Raph from the first film. Something is off about the front of the mouth and other things but it is hard to figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

pingclang
01-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Maybe its just me but I think it looks spot on. The color is a bit bright in the middle of his lips but thats more a shading thing. Actually looks pretty good.

Creativemind
01-29-2015, 11:58 AM
Something about his mouth seems off. I think Raph had mor of a natural frown.

Bmaga123
01-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys, The coloring doesnt matter since this is eventually going to be molded in clay and cast in silicone. This will end up being an animatronic head with the mouth being static but the eyes, lids, and brow fully functional. I will have the artist adjust the mouth :tsmile:

Candy Kappa
01-29-2015, 12:20 PM
I think he looks pretty good, it's not easy capturing the Henson "feel" the original suits have.

Bmaga123
01-29-2015, 12:21 PM
I think he looks pretty good, it's not easy capturing the Henson "feel" the original suits have.

I agree its almost impossible it seems like!

Candy Kappa
01-29-2015, 12:41 PM
yeah. I've seen great sculpts, both practical and cgi. And often there is something "off", something is missing or isn't right. yet they are beautiful pieces of craftsmanship.

I will say, that the sculpt you're working/commission on. Have captured some of the Kermit-like structure in the snout when looking at the profile picture, something that seems to be very hard to replicate correctly.

Bmaga123
01-29-2015, 01:06 PM
yeah. I've seen great sculpts, both practical and cgi. And often there is something "off", something is missing or isn't right. yet they are beautiful pieces of craftsmanship.

I will say, that the sculpt you're working/commission on. Have captured some of the Kermit-like structure in the snout when looking at the profile picture, something that seems to be very hard to replicate correctly.

Thanks and I agree the profile looks pretty good but from the front its off. I am sure its hard to capture in CG the feel of the movie so hopefully it comes to life when its cast.

ProactiveMan
01-30-2015, 02:05 AM
It's hard to tell from reference photos because the shape of the face changes with the expression, but I think you did a great job. I though it was weird how the eyebrows interlock in the middle, but the original seems to do that too.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

the power of 3
01-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Looking good.l from pics I have seen, the holes cut out for his eyes aren't exactly the same, and the bandanna somewhat droops more over one side, creating a bit more of that squint look vs full eyed look. If that makes sense

Bmaga123
01-31-2015, 02:20 PM
Thanks everyone all your opinions and input really help. I updated the pic picture above with the latest revisions but still think he needs work.

the power of 3
01-31-2015, 04:37 PM
That is looking fantastic man, looking forward to seeing this one...
I have similar interests in trying to get something like this done :)

Bmaga123
01-31-2015, 04:51 PM
That is looking fantastic man, looking forward to seeing this one...
I have similar interests in trying to get something like this done :)

Thanks buddy! I will post the final version of the this 3D model before it gets made I need to have him revise some things :tgrin:

the power of 3
01-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Sounds great mate, look forward to seeing it..:tgrin:

mexichrist83
01-31-2015, 06:38 PM
Fantastic job on Raph! It looks really damn close. Can't wait to see an updated version.

Nelson
02-02-2015, 10:03 AM
You have done an excellent job. Like the other have said, it looks pretty close.

I tried to figure out what was missing. It's still not quite there but this may help you:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/2-02-2015/dKr9BG.gif (http://www.makeagif.com/dKr9BG)

Bmaga123
02-02-2015, 11:59 AM
You have done an excellent job. Like the other have said, it looks pretty close.

I tried to figure out what was missing. It's still not quite there but this may help you:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/2-02-2015/dKr9BG.gif (http://www.makeagif.com/dKr9BG)

Very nice man that looks pretty good. Another person on the forums sent me a revised profile view as well that looks very nice and I tried using paint to revise the front view so here those are.

Sabacooza
02-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Very nice man that looks pretty good. Another person on the forums sent me a revised profile view as well that looks very nice and I tried using paint to revise the front view so here those are.I'm a little biased since I worked on this one but I very much like the side view to this. Maybe the mouth in the front view is too wide. If I'm not mistaken, there's also some indentations along the the sides of upper mouth that should be there. I'll have to look into it further.

Bmaga123
02-02-2015, 12:30 PM
I'm a little biased since I worked on this one but I very much like the side view to this. Maybe the mouth in the front view is too wide. If I'm not mistaken, there's also some indentations along the the sides of upper mouth that should be there. I'll have to look into it further.

You did a fantastic job on the profile Court its 95% perfect IMO. Raphael has extremely wide cheeks in this film so I think that part is fine but you are correct it is something with the mouth characteristics that are throwing him off. :tconfuse:

Bmaga123
02-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Updated the picture above to the final version that will be printed out and than final touches to improve the likeness will happen during the finishing process :-)

the power of 3
02-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Awesome stuff man.. Really looking forward to seeing this completed