PDA

View Full Version : If Shredder had new mutant minions....?

ninja-zero
01-29-2015, 05:03 PM
What if Shredder's mutants weren't Fishface, Dogpound/Rahzar, Tiger Claw & Stockman. Including Bebop & Rocksteady?

What new animal mutants with martial arts talent would you imagine serve Shredder?

CaliperCat
01-29-2015, 05:18 PM
Maybe the kung-fu frogs, since they hated humans before they met the turtles (assuming that this took place before the turtles went to North Hampton).

CyberCubed
01-29-2015, 05:20 PM
They already gave him "new" minions he never had before in Tiger Claw, Fishface and technically Dogpound before he became Rahzar.

Why are we speculating on more new minions?

shuriken
01-29-2015, 05:28 PM
^^I agree.
If Shredder had different minions opposed to the ones he has now, then they would be different than the ones he has now. And if he has more, than I guess the more the merrier on his end.
That'd be like asking if Rita from power Ranger didn't have Goldar. She'd have a different right hand man doing her dirty work.

LeoRaph
01-29-2015, 05:49 PM
I think Fishface, Rahzar and Tiger Claw are by far the best mutants Shredder has ever had. They are leaps and bounds over the OT Bebop and Rock Steady. And I can't remember 2K3 Shredder really having ANY mutants which is probably what worked ,another reason 2K3 did so well. But yeah, in the mutant henchmen/minions it's nice to have fairly competent bad guy mutants with dignity and dimension who aren't one note jokes.

If Shredder were to add a new mutant, a great white shark or mako shark would be cool. I think someone mentioned either Mirage or archie did a shark once, be cool to see what nick could do with that, but it might be a little redundant now that we have Fishface...unless he evolves into one just like Bradford did. Now THAT could work.

And hypothetically, IF the Big 3 were to be replaced maybe make them all Sharks or jungle animals, something ruthless but intelligent.

Huzzah
01-31-2015, 10:38 AM
In the IDW comics, Shredder had a mutated Shark, Bludgeon and a falcon, Koya. Both ruthless, dangerous and smart animals.

Tarris Vaal
01-31-2015, 11:33 AM
The problem is more mutants means more characters, which means more screentime to give them the background, development and set up they deserve (else they'll end up being mutant of the week)

Which I cant see how there would be time for.

That said, something generic and consistent - like the Kraang mutant slaves - would work. It would just be a generic mind wiped mutant footsoldier and wouldn't need any further explanation (and potentially could even be used as a threat to anyone stepping out of line)

Amaranthus
01-31-2015, 12:50 PM
I don't know. New mutant henchmen would be overkill unless Fishface and/or Tiger Claw decide to betray Shredder.

neatoman
01-31-2015, 01:13 PM
Hun may very well end up being Shredder's minion, humans are the perfect animal for martial arts seeing how they're developed for the human body.

Okay, let's actually answer the question. A bear maybe?

Amaranthus
01-31-2015, 01:15 PM
Hun may very well end up being Shredder's minion, humans are the perfect animal for martial arts seeing how they're developed for the human body.

Maybe Hun will be Tokka.

neatoman
01-31-2015, 01:22 PM
Maybe Hun will be Tokka.

http://img.booru.org/the-collection//images/4/4dc2357d760defa152069597b512dc9c79936ac3.png

Or Tokka could just be Slash without the mask...

Amaranthus
01-31-2015, 01:23 PM
http://img.booru.org/the-collection//images/4/4dc2357d760defa152069597b512dc9c79936ac3.png

Or Tokka could just be Slash without the mask...

I doubt it.

Metalwolf
01-31-2015, 02:01 PM
I don't know. New mutant henchmen would be overkill unless Fishface and/or Tiger Claw decide to betray Shredder.They probably might if Shredder continues on with his suicidal nutbaggery. I can see loyalty sticking to a point, but after that, usually most normal people start feeling the urge to bail.

neatoman
01-31-2015, 02:23 PM
I doubt it.

Maybe, but do you really want there to be two bulky turtle monsters running around? Especially when you consider the fact that we already have four of the main characters as mutant turtles.

shredder orokusaki
01-31-2015, 02:43 PM
Bebop and Rocksteady and Hun will be new minions.

Papenbrook
01-31-2015, 02:47 PM
Bebop and Rocksteady and Hun will be new minions.

Oh great. Just great.

Huzzah
02-01-2015, 04:19 AM
I don't see Tigerclaw remaining loyal much longer, same for Baxter. Rahzar most likely will, but Fishface I'm not certain about, I could see him breaking away. Bebop and Rocksteady. I'm hoping they form their own group, neither allied nor opposing the Turtles, loyalties changing to fit their needs.

Amaranthus
02-01-2015, 04:38 AM
I don't see Tigerclaw remaining loyal much longer, same for Baxter. Rahzar most likely will, but Fishface I'm not certain about, I could see him breaking away. Bebop and Rocksteady. I'm hoping they form their own group, neither allied nor opposing the Turtles, loyalties changing to fit their needs.

If so many henchmen leave the Shredder, they should definitely bring in Tokka.

Metalwolf
02-01-2015, 10:02 AM
If so many henchmen leave the Shredder, they should definitely bring in Tokka.I'd go for that, honestly :)

LeotheLateBloomer
02-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Oroku Saki must follow his dream to become a MutantMon master!

Huzzah
02-05-2015, 10:37 AM
I honestly think that before long several of his minions may need to go the way of the early Predacons in Beast Wars, ie un-alived. At the the rate the Turtles are going, Fishface is about useless, Rahzar seemed to get a massive effectivenessn downgrade after his initial appearance. Tiger Claw seems effective still, I don't see Bebop and Rocksteady being all that loyal to Shredder, so something needs to happen if Shredder ever wants to accomplish anything.

I would love to see Koya introduced, strong female villain to replace Karai. Sadly, as much as I love the show, I doubt the writers can present a strong female character, or an effective bad guy, because God forbid they show the Turtles struggling in any fights, apart from the Shredder battles.