PDA

View Full Version : It looks like a new rewrite is needed for future TMNT movies!

ninja-zero
01-30-2015, 02:16 PM
The versions of the turtles and Splinter weren't that bad. Including Shredder's.

However.... Eric Sachs? Not so much.

It looks another rewrite will have to be needed for future TMNT movies.

Some things original.

April played by Megan Fox? She was okay. But need a better actress. Someone who can play April who'd start off as a reporter and later gets trained in ninjutsu by Splinter.

Should April and Casey be teenagers in high school. April as a school news reporter and Casey being a hockey jock gangster kind of person in the sequel?

You guys got anything for a rewrite to happen someday in the near future?

Creativemind
01-30-2015, 02:22 PM
How many of these types of threads does this site get? That being said, your idea of a high school reporter April and gangster Casey sound even worse. No offense. I think the best April and Casey is the IDW version. And yes I'm aware you described the nick tmnt April and Casey but what works in cartoons doesn't always work in the movies.

ninja-zero
01-30-2015, 02:26 PM
How many of these types of threads does this site get? That being said, your idea of a high school reporter April and gangster Casey sound even worse. No offense. I think the best April and Casey is the IDW version. And yes I'm aware you described the nick tmnt April and Casey but what works in cartoons doesn't always work in the movies.

Good point.

I'm trying to think of something AWAY from Nickelodeon and Michael Bay!

It's gotta be something 2003 & IDW! Some of 2012's pieces like Slash needs to be a part of it.

ninja-zero
01-31-2015, 08:17 AM
What about new mutants?

True Bebop and Rocksteady can be a part of it. Same with Rahzar. But what about Xever/Fishface & Tiger Claw?

Shredder can have some mutant elite guard to serve him as generals somehow.

cloud
02-04-2015, 06:56 PM

Sorry, I think the IDW version is the worst so far. Casey Jones is a crazy, angry vigilante. The IDW version was watered down so much that it really doesn't make sense for him to follow the Turtles around. He's not trained and unlike April who offered tech support and an escape cabin, doesn't really offers much to the team.

Back to the movie, I understand people don't like it but I don't see the point of starting this new thread for "reboot" ideas.

Creativemind
02-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Sorry, I think the IDW version is the worst so far. Casey Jones is a crazy, angry vigilante. The IDW version was watered down so much that it really doesn't make sense for him to follow the Turtles around. He's not trained and unlike April who offered tech support and an escape cabin, doesn't really offers much to the team.

Back to the movie, I understand people don't like it but I don't see the point of starting this new thread for "reboot" ideas.

If you don't like IDW Casey then you must hat 2k3 Casey because they are pretty much the same. Yeah, Mirage Casey was fun, violent, and crazy but there is something real about IDW Casey. How ,u ch of the IDW have you actually read?

Powder
02-04-2015, 07:26 PM
I've read the entirety of IDW's series & I strongly agree with Cloud. He's just a college aged kid with daddy issues. He's nothing like 4kids Casey, what the hell are you talking about?
4kids Casey was dumb, 'roided out, always jumping the gun, & while comparably more grounded than his Mirage counterpart, still wacked enough to be on the watch for any fight he can get into.

Creativemind
02-04-2015, 07:40 PM
I've read the entirety of IDW's series & I strongly agree with Cloud. He's just a college aged kid with daddy issues. He's nothing like 4kids Casey, what the hell are you talking about?
4kids Casey was dumb, 'roided out, always jumping the gun, & while comparably more grounded than his Mirage counterpart, still wacked enough to be on the watch for any fight he can get into.

I guess I meant in looks and personality. The difference is that he is trying to better himself but IDW Casey still has attitude, he just isn't a socially inept. yeah, he's a college kid with an abusive father and yet he still cares about him. Some of us can relate to that.

Powder
02-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Neither his looks or personality are simlar. At all. IDW's Casey is tall, lean, has short black, fair skin, & dresses like a Weezer fan. 4kid's Casey has an average height, HUGE muscles, blue hair, a Greek or Native American complexion, & wears the same awful, dated, athletic attire in every single episode. His mask is square, while modern Casey's is circular. IDW's Casey is driven to better than his peers/family, & so he works hard, studies, & helps others with physical labor. He's also sensitive & understanding. 4kids Casey is a klutz, lazy outside of battle, oblivious, egotistical pinhead. I mean, there's really no similarity at all, aside from their core concept of being a hockey mask wearing vigilante. I wouldn't call any Casey short of Fred Wolf's "socially inept", either.

Casey being relatable has nothing to do with his likeness or similarity to past iterations. You like him best? That's fine, it's your call. But don't let a bias cloud your judgement. He's a choir boy with a dysfunctional family.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-05-2015, 12:54 AM
Which is still more realistic and relatable than a 'roided-out psycho, or even the 'roided-out dumb clutzy lazy pin-head.

Powder
02-05-2015, 12:57 AM
Because that totally matters when his best friend is a 13 year old turtle assassin who frequently beats up robots & aliens, right?

& not for nothin' but there are just as many muscle-bound psychopaths in the world as there are sensitive, caring, well intended hockey players who fight crime at night.

Oh wait, actually, they largely outnumber them. :trazz:

Creativemind
02-05-2015, 01:10 AM
Well, all in all the IDW incarnation is my favorite version of the turtles. It takes the best things from the old cartoons and comics and blends them with new material. Bye the way, this thread has gotten way off track.

ninja-zero
02-05-2015, 06:28 PM
He's right people.

I just think TMNT needs to be something that's NOT Michael Bay!

I mean there must be a way for a live action TMNT with CGI can be worked out.

That includes the story mostly!

In my point, I can see Kraang being the original Shredder from the feudal era in Japan. Later on, he passes the armor to Oroku Saki who takes over the Foot in his stead.

Hamato Yoshi believes that Kraang cannot be trusted, but doesn't know that he's an Utrom.

Yes, I'm going back to the Utroms. But I liked Mortu from 2003.

Eric Sachs was a no-good to me.

The movie's story was screwed up!