PDA

View Full Version : Making my own costume

Amaranthus
01-31-2015, 05:12 AM
I really want to assemble a Transformers Prime Soundwave for a convention I'm attending in the end of this year. But I have no idea how to get started.
Any tips for a beginning cosplayer?

Mew
01-31-2015, 05:23 AM
You ever hear of Google?
:lol:
But seriously, I'd think people on here might be a help.

Amaranthus
01-31-2015, 05:24 AM
You ever hear of Google?
:lol:
But seriously, I'd think people on here might be a help.

I can't find any steps to make the Transformers Prime costume. Only costumes from older shows.

Mew
01-31-2015, 05:28 AM
I can't find any steps to make the Transformers Prime costume. Only costumes from older shows.
Well.
Generation 1 is EVERYONE's favorite.
Meh.

Netkeeper
01-31-2015, 07:51 PM
I'd ask cosplay.com.

DarkFell
01-31-2015, 08:34 PM
There might be some videos on Transformers cosplay creation. As corny as it sounds, you could cut geometric rectangular shapes from craft foam. I've seen T.F. cosplayers design their cosplay from packing boxes that they painted, spray painted, or used different colored tape rolls.

Just a couple of ideas to try out.

Amaranthus
02-01-2015, 05:00 AM
There might be some videos on Transformers cosplay creation. As corny as it sounds, you could cut geometric rectangular shapes from craft foam. I've seen T.F. cosplayers design their cosplay from packing boxes that they painted, spray painted, or used different colored tape rolls.

Just a couple of ideas to try out.

That's the problem. I can't find any tutorials for this incarnation of the character.
I might have to settle with just buying a mask from something else to go to that con.

Candy Kappa
02-01-2015, 05:03 AM
why do you need a tutorial of the exact character you need? Can't you learn from tutorials and make the costume from learned knowledge?

Amaranthus
02-01-2015, 05:16 AM
why do you need a tutorial of the exact character you need? Can't you learn from tutorials and make the costume from learned knowledge?

It seems easier for a beginner like me to learn exactly what he wants to make.
I'll settle with buying something. End of thread.

Mew
02-01-2015, 05:41 AM
Bye-bye thread.
R.I.P.
How to make your own costume?