PDA

View Full Version : Metalhead & Comic Leo - 1st Custom Paints

inksb
02-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Here is my first custom paint job. I just did a black wash on Comic Leo, I will be repainting the entire turtle since I hate the teal green they chose for these. I might even paint one black and white. This was just a test.

As for Metalhead this was just a fly by the seat of my pants paint job. No reference photos, I just painted what looked good. My brush handling could use some work but it's been a long time since I painted and I've never painted figures before. Hope you guys like them. I'll post more once I get around to repainting the Comic series from Playmates.

I also apologize for the crap photos. All I have is my cell phone in a poorly lit room.

Gunstar_Red
02-06-2015, 10:19 PM
That Metalhead looks absolutely sweet! This just reminds me that I need to paint my Mystics figures. May I ask what kind of paint and brand you use?

inksb
02-06-2015, 10:30 PM
I used Testors Acrylic paints. Picked them up from Michael's Arts & Crafts. Their Testors acrylic selection sucks, you are pretty much confined to 3 different predetermined sets, no stand alone paints available but you can make due with them.

Huzzah
02-06-2015, 11:17 PM
Hobby Lobby has a better selection of Testors Acryls, though you're best net will end up being online.

connor_obain
02-08-2015, 04:39 AM
Metal head look all the better for the repaint, nice work