PDA

View Full Version : Are the Foot-Bots kind of pointless?

neatoman
02-07-2015, 12:57 PM
So I just rewatched the episode in which they were introduced, so the excuse within the show was that they would be more useful than the human ninjas... Too bad that backfired, the human ninjas actually lasted longer in a fight.

And yeah I know the real life excuses are that you can chop up robots on a children's cartoon and the crew might have a nostalgia attachment to the robot ninjas from the FW series, but I always found the robots to be less interesting than the human ninjas and just because you can chop up a robot does not make the violence more exciting. They're not chopping up soldiers, just emotionless drones, so why pretend they're actually getting away with more violence when they really don't?

TurtleTitan97
02-07-2015, 01:14 PM
Not really. At the least the Foot Bots provided more of a challenge than the human ones, imo.

Amaranthus
02-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Maybe they realized it didn't make sense for every Foot Soldier to look exactly the same qua body.

neatoman
02-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Not really. At the least the Foot Bots provided more of a challenge than the human ones, imo.

For the first couple of times they were fought, after that they're chopped up as soon as they enter the battle.

BabyTurtles
02-07-2015, 01:57 PM

for a short period of time.

like everything villain on the show...they start off powerful but end up..."meh"

except Shredder of course.

TurtleTitan97
02-07-2015, 01:57 PM
For the first couple of times they were fought, after that they're chopped up as soon as they enter the battle.

for a short period of time.

like everything villain on the show...they start off powerful but end up..."meh"

except Shredder of course.

Maybe it's just a sign that the Turtles are getting better as fighters? I mean in the latest episode, Leo was able to somewhat hold his own against Shredder for a while.

neatoman
02-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Maybe it's just a sign that the Turtles are getting better as fighters? I mean in the latest episode, Leo was able to somewhat hold his own against Shredder for a while.

The robots were literally meant to become more skilled than their opponents just by fighting them for a few seconds...

BabyTurtles
02-07-2015, 02:10 PM

Well why can't the villains get better? I'm pretty sure the turtles aren't the only ones that train. :ohwell:

It would just be nice for the villains to stay more dangerous longer.

Aaronardo
02-07-2015, 02:18 PM
You can make robots easily (especially with the Kraang at your disposal), but you can't make humans. The Pulverizer Returns! delves into the fact that they're running low on human foot soldiers and that pretty soon they're not going to find any volunteers.

Shark_Blade
02-07-2015, 04:14 PM
If they can decapitate, sever limbs and stab human ninjas in a Nick toon to their bloody deaths, then I'm all for it.

But it's unlikely to happen, so I'm okay with robots as placement for that kind of violence. :tlove:

Huzzah
02-08-2015, 01:36 AM
My concern is what happened to all the human Foot, there were many now there are none.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-09-2015, 09:58 AM
I want to see Shredder send human Footsoldiers and Foot robots after the turtles, and let them go together to see how the turtles would deal with it.

Ninjinister
02-09-2015, 10:01 AM
You can make robots easily (especially with the Kraang at your disposal), but you can't make humans. The Pulverizer Returns! delves into the fact that they're running low on human foot soldiers and that pretty soon they're not going to find any volunteers.

Yeah, this makes the most logical sense, plus is supported in-universe.

BubblyShell22
02-09-2015, 02:52 PM
My theory as to what happened to the human Foot soldiers is that perhaps Shredder killed a lot of them for their failure, leading others to drop out of the Foot altogether because they didn't want to end up with the same fate. So they were replaced with robotic Foot soldiers who could mimic any move within minutes. But the Turtles were able to get past that obstacle, and I think for now, the Foot Bots are definitely useless. I think, like many others have said, that the reason they have the robots is so that the Turtles can really use their weapons on them.

Mutant Ninja Anole
02-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Robots don't demand health insurance.

In the Foot, that would be a costly endeavor.

Ravenshell
02-10-2015, 07:03 AM

This. Easier to manufacture an army than hire or enlist one. Plus, they won't run out on you.

*ROFL!*

Garfield
02-11-2015, 01:50 PM
I like to think that its a mixture of them realizing that Shredder is an absolute psycho, they were tired of getting their butts kick by mutant turtles, and all of the other mutation weirdness. The Human foot probably said to them selves eff this, I'm out of here and jet.

I love the human foot soldiers though. I liked seeing them rolling on the ground defeated, dumb founded and a bit concussed after fighting the turtles.

GoldenFlither
02-11-2015, 02:57 PM

Just you wait, once the turtles take back New York, those robots will organize a labour union.

ssjup81
03-03-2015, 06:12 AM
The robots were literally meant to become more skilled than their opponents just by fighting them for a few seconds...Been meaning to comment on this for a while now. This actually does bug me, that they don't have trouble with the Footbots anymore and still bugs me that April and Casey were able to last so long against them in Target April O'Neil. I guess it's similar to the Footsoldiers in the beginning of the OT. It was evenly matched until Raph stabbed that one and Leo sliced the other and discovered they were robots. Same with Bebop and Rocksteady in the beginning and how they were a challenge because of their brawn.

But, I don't fault the show for using Footbots. Easier to dismember robots than humans and bave it get past the censors.

Candy Kappa
03-03-2015, 06:28 AM
I was very hesitant for the show changing to robotic ninjas, but seeing the brutal take-downs the Turtles can do I don't mind too much.

Gunpowder
03-03-2015, 07:43 PM
I've found the Foot Clan in general to be relatively useless in this iteration - humans and 'bots alike. From what I recall, they were never properly introduced in this series...and they didn't get any real recognition until Follow the Leader (season 2) - so they at least got one episode. And there was a pretty neat fight scene with them in Never Say Xever. But other than that, I think they've always felt a little unnecessary. I just wish they would at least explain their origin a little bit, or where the human Foot were coming from.

I still think they're cool, though; I like having them around.

They're not chopping up soldiers, just emotionless drones,

Yeah. I kinda preferred them as humans, too.

Mutant Ninja Anole
03-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Regardless of how I feel about human vs robot Foot, if it's an excuse to have loads of guilt free ninja violence I'm all for it. A lesson I learned from Samurai Jack.