PDA

View Full Version : So what happened with Karai and the Foot between seasons 5 and 6?

neatoman
02-14-2015, 05:26 AM
So at the end of season 5 Karai was still leading the Foot (maybe ending the feud with the turtles, it's not very clear). At the start of season 7 Khan (a previosly unmentioned character) leads the Foot which are still enemies of the turtles and Karai just makes a silent appearence in the final episode. In Turtles Forever however, Karai locates the Shredder in the Technodrome and they promptly take control over the Foot again.

So what happened? Was Karai overthrown? Is the season 7 Foot a splinter group? Did they do their evil operations under her nose?
You could just say "Season 7 was the worst season, it's because of bad writing", which it is but that's not a very good answer anyway.

Edit: Crap! I meant to title this thread "So what happened with Karai and the Foot between seasons 5 and 7?".

TheSkeletonMan939
02-14-2015, 05:56 AM
I imagine the Foot Clan simply fell apart after season 5... otherwise Khan wouldn't have had to resort to brainwashing dudes in a karate class to recruit soldiers.

DarkLightDragon
02-14-2015, 06:58 AM
Well, something happened. We just never got clarification as to what and how.

Season 5 obviously had Karai still being at odds with the Turtles (since stealing that Tengu pendant thing would put a damper on what was already bad blood between them) and only made a reluctant truce after getting her a** handed to her by Demon Shredder. Yet throughout BttS, she was nowhere to be seen until Wedding Bells and Bytes as a guest for the wedding alongside Chaplin.

Either they simply forgot about Karai's whole grudge/animosity down the line or simply wave-handed it as a "Eh, she and Chaplin lived happily ever after and it made her more happier as a person, so she eventually made peace with the Turtles."

mrminister4446
02-14-2015, 07:02 AM
I'd imagine that they would be pretty bankrupt due to them spending all that money on Saki's spaceship, but then again, they did manage to rebuild the foot tower again, so I'd imagine that getting money and manpower wouldn't be a problem. The foot was fine before they encountered the turtles, so I do not see them having no enemy would have an effect. Some people say that since khan's theme is the same as the foot elite's theme, he may be one of them.

So my assumption is that one of the foot elites went off and started a new foot, since the other 3 aren't there, but this is just a wild guess.

Another thing that might have happened is that the foot elites overthrew Karai, but only one remained due to battles.

There are loads of possibilities since it was never explained at all, so every ridiculous theory out there may be true.

Has anyone ever asked the creators about this?

CyberCubed
02-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Why are you people acting like there's a mystery here? We saw Demon Shredder completely destroy the Foot Clan, the Elite's, and everyone when he attacked the Foot HQ's and went after Karai.

The entire Foot Clan was decimated in that attack.

Xav
02-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Not the entire Foot Clan, we did see a few with Chaplin in Enter the Dragons. I'm guessing whoever was in the Foot HQ was killed at the time. We know there was a Foot HQ in Japan. So I'm guessing Karai went there and left Khan behind to rebuild the New York Foot.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-14-2015, 09:46 PM
What Xav said makes sense, but honestly, it was pretty clear that 4Kids was jumping forward to push the show into new directions to boost flagging toy sales. Continuity and what came before be damned, send those Turtles into the future with an annoying child sidekick and a bunch of new toy sales thinly disguised as characters!

NoName999
02-14-2015, 10:10 PM
She got laid. ;)

mrminister4446
02-15-2015, 01:52 AM
The foot had been decimated before. The amount of foot they had fighting the demon shredder wasn't particularily higher than when the turtles had been kicking their butts in the tower back in season 1.

CyberCubed
02-15-2015, 02:05 AM
At the start of season 7 Khan (a previosly unmentioned character) leads the Foot which are still enemies of the turtles and Karai just makes a silent appearence in the final episode.

Khan was probably one of the four Elite guards that survived. While its never directly mentioned, the show played the same "Elite Foot" music whenever Khan attacked the turtles, and a lot of his moves and speed resembled them.

I always assumed Demon Shredder killed the Elite when he flung their weapons back at them, and maybe only one survived...Khan.

Its also rather obvious Khan thought Cyber Shredder was the original Shredder, he had no clue it was a new or different Shredder.

ABrown
02-16-2015, 11:30 AM
I just assume that after their battle with the demon Shredder, Karai let go of her vendetta against the turtles, and left control of the Foot open for grabs. Khan, likely one of the four Elite, took over the Foot in her absense.

Xav
02-16-2015, 03:06 PM
The foot had been decimated before. The amount of foot they had fighting the demon shredder wasn't particularily higher than when the turtles had been kicking their butts in the tower back in season 1.Yeah but the Turtles left the Foot alive the Tengu Shredder didn't. Plus we saw zero Foot helping Karai and Chaplin in the final episode. So either they quit or were killed.
I always assumed Demon Shredder killed the Elite when he flung their weapons back at them, and maybe only one survived...Khan.

Its also rather obvious Khan thought Cyber Shredder was the original Shredder, he had no clue it was a new or different Shredder.Than why wasn't Khan pissed at Shredder for trying to kill him?

CyberCubed
02-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Than why wasn't Khan pissed at Shredder for trying to kill him?

Because the Foot Clan knew Demon Shredder wasn't the Oroku Saki they served? Karai obviously told them because they were loyal to him.

Plus Demon Shredder shot magic energy beams from his hands, they knew the original Shredder could not do that

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-16-2015, 07:54 PM
Plus Demon Shredder shot magic energy beams from his hands

You know you're a hardcore TMNT fan when that sentence doesn't make you wonder who slipped LSD into your Fruity Cheerios. :tlol:

Xav
02-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Plus Demon Shredder shot magic energy beams from his hands, they knew the original Shredder could not do thatBut he was the original Shredder.

CyberCubed
02-17-2015, 02:02 AM
But he was the original Shredder.

The Foot knew he wasn't the Shredder they worked for. I don't want to say "Ch'rell" because only Karai knew he was an Utrom. The Foot knew the Demon Shredder wasn't "their Shredder" to to speak

Xav
02-17-2015, 03:04 AM
True but how did they know the Cyber Shredder was "their Shredder"?

neatoman
02-17-2015, 02:16 PM

Didn't he claim to know Khan, Stockman and Hun? I doubt the Demon Shredder did.

CyberCubed
02-17-2015, 02:58 PM

Since Cyber Shredder had all of Ch'rell's memories in his database, he called the characters by their names so they all assumed he was the original Shredder.

That's why Baxter and Hun were scared of him, and why Khan immediately pledged his loyalty.

mrminister4446
02-17-2015, 03:20 PM
I wonder why Karai didn't do anything when the Cyber Shredder showed up...

mrminister4446
02-23-2015, 12:28 AM
I just want to say, that after playing TMNT 2 Battle Nexus a bit a week ago, I had a dream about this. The foot tower was back, and there were two Karai's for some reason, one evil, and one good. The turtles had to defeat the evil Karai for some reason, and there were those foot flying things from season 1 flying around shooting at them. The good karai had some sort of green suit, while the evil Karai had the shredder outfit or something. It was really strange.

ABrown
02-23-2015, 11:01 AM
I wonder why Karai didn't do anything when the Cyber Shredder showed up...

Probably because she knew that the real thing was still a frozen block of ice.

The Turtle Terminator
02-23-2015, 11:21 AM
I know this is unrelated to the thread, but what happened to Bishop after the S5 finale?

mrminister4446
02-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Probably because she knew that the real thing was still a frozen block of ice.

I know, but its strange that she didn't care.

ABrown
02-23-2015, 12:17 PM
I know this is unrelated to the thread, but what happened to Bishop after the S5 finale?

Um, he learned that not all aliens are bad and changed his ways eventually becoming president of the Pan Galactic Alliance (or whatever it was called)... :roll:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Um, he learned that not all aliens are bad and changed his ways eventually becoming president of the Pan Galactic Alliance (or whatever it was called)... :roll:

And nearly got brainjacked by Baxter Stockman (who was by that time a squishy green octo-brain creature).

We were supposed to get a follow-up episode "Doctor Stockman and the Devil" where President Bishop would clone Baxter a new body and... no telling what might have happened.

But guess what? 4Kids thought we wanted pointless standalone episodes like "Headlock Prime" and "Home Invasion" or "Zixxth Sense" instead of Stockman and a Triceraton Shredder. Or, y'know, an actual conclusion to Darius Dun and the Dark Turtles.

ABrown
02-23-2015, 01:27 PM
But guess what? 4Kids thought we wanted pointless standalone episodes like "Headlock Prime" and "Home Invasion" or "Zixxth Sense" instead of Stockman and a Triceraton Shredder. Or, y'know, an actual conclusion to Darius Dun and the Dark Turtles.

Yeah, but I blame the Back To The Sewer season for not giving Darius a proper finish to his story. When the Fast Forward season was created, the creators didn't know for certain that the turtles would be returning home for the 7th season. Season 7 could've started with an episode featuring Darius getting arrested. I probably would've found it more interesting than the majority of the BTTS season anyway.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-23-2015, 01:41 PM
Yeah, but I blame the Back To The Sewer season for not giving Darius a proper finish to his story. When the Fast Forward season was created, the creators didn't know for certain that the turtles would be returning home for the 7th season. Season 7 could've started with an episode featuring Darius getting arrested. I probably would've found it more interesting than the majority of the BTTS season anyway.

Honestly, after Season Four, 4Kids seemed to have no idea what to do.

Season Five: Ninja Tribunal gets produced but unaired, and one of the episodes doesn't even make it to production because conjoined twins and back-alley abortions gone wrong!

Season Six: Fast Forward gets produced and has about one and a half season's worth of episodes, with the remaining half going on produced and leaving the produced season filled with filler stories that have no impact on the overall season and stuffed with annoying or pointless characters.

Season Seven: Back to the Sewers... I don't even know what to say. Somebody else take a crack at critiquing it for me. :tlol:

mrminister4446
02-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Season Seven: Back to the Sewers... I don't even know what to say. Somebody else take a crack at critiquing it for me. :tlol:

Uh, I guess it was boring? I didn't watch much of it, so I can't really go much in depth about it. Oh yeah, Cyber shredder.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Uh, I guess it was boring? I didn't watch much of it, so I can't really go much in depth about it. Oh yeah, Cyber shredder.

That season came out after I stopped keeping up with the show, but I've never really heard anyone speak well of it. Cyber Shredder actually sounds like a cool idea, as did the War of the Shredders (which didn't happen).

CyberCubed
02-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Zixxth Sense was a great episode. Torbin Zixx's episodes were always great and I loved the sense that he tricked the Turtles into thinking a asteroid would hit the Earth but Don outsmarted him.

Triple Threats episodes were all the poor fillers of FF.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-23-2015, 11:41 PM
Zixxth Sense was a great episode. Torbin Zixx's episodes were always great and I loved the sense that he tricked the Turtles into thinking a asteroid would hit the Earth but Don outsmarted him.

Triple Threats episodes were all the poor fillers of FF.

But was Zixxth Sense a great episode to end the season on?

neatoman
02-24-2015, 02:32 AM

No, the defeat of the goop aliens made more sense for a season finale.

CyberCubed
02-24-2015, 05:40 PM

On the DVDs they reversed the order of the last two episodes. So Zixxth Sense is the second to last episode, and the Shokonobo episode where they kill him is the final episode.

Likewise the first episode of BTTS still takes place in the future as it shows them finally fix the time machine and go home, so it doesn't really matter.

ABrown
02-25-2015, 09:31 AM
I think the bigger question is: What happened to Serling in between the series finale and Turtles Forever?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-25-2015, 10:55 AM
On the DVDs they reversed the order of the last two episodes. So Zixxth Sense is the second to last episode, and the Shokonobo episode where they kill him is the final episode.

Likewise the first episode of BTTS still takes place in the future as it shows them finally fix the time machine and go home, so it doesn't really matter.

Of course it matters. Leaving major plot points unresolved is one of the worst mistakes of storytelling. (Unfortunately, it also plagues a lot of TMNT's different incarnations... <cough> Tales Volume Two <cough>)

But reversing the order on the DVDs is a good call. Kudos to them for that!

neatoman
02-25-2015, 03:25 PM
I think the bigger question is: What happened to Serling in between the series finale and Turtles Forever?

Let's just pretend Renet took the opportunity to bring him back to the future right after the wedding, she did mention that she goes to see it a number of times, maybe one of those times she helped out Serling?

CyberCubed
02-25-2015, 07:31 PM

Cody was watching April/Casey's wedding through the time portal. Its pretty obvious he got it working again and Serling went back to the future shortly after.