PDA

View Full Version : Hello To Everyone. Finally Got Around To It

drag0nfeathers
02-18-2015, 11:39 AM
Hello there to my fellow TMNT fans. I've been bumming around the forum the last few months, not saying very much at first. Everybody has been very kind and I just wanted to properly introduce myself.

I'm 33 years old woman, but not too old for TMNT. My dad passed away when I was very young and my mother took off with a boat load of life insurance money leaving me to be raised by my two older brothers from the age of 5.

Needless to say, I grew up as quite the tom boy and Ninja Turtles were my life when I was a kid! When my friends had Barbie and Rainbow Bright I would bust out my turtles for a good time! They filled a pretty big hole in my heart and I still love them to this day! I'm actually a huge fan on the new series on Nick and watch it religiously!

I'm also an adult when I have to be, though I take most any opportunity to escape that! I'm just a full time kitchen designer to those who don't know me, but underneath that I'm a turtle girl and also a bit of an anime buff as well. I actually hit several local conventions and though I usually cosplay anime characters I'm working on a full Alopex cosplay at the moment from the new comics which I am excited to finish hopefully by the middle of the year.

I'm basically known online for a particular cosplay of the Nine Tailed Fox from Naruto that's decently known and I'm trying to top that with Alopex, so cross your fingers for me!

I'm excited to be here and if your from the New England area (I'm about 40 minutes south of Boston) I'd love to make your acquaintance at a con sometime! I love meeting people who don't look at me like I have 10 heads when I describe my hobbies to them.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-18-2015, 11:42 AM
Welcome to Thunder--I mean, Technodrome. :tcool:

Icebot
02-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here!

Slade
02-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Hey hey. Welcome aboard.

pennydreadful
02-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Welcome to the forums; it's lovely to meet you. :tgrin: I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your Alopex cosplay - that sounds really interesting!

What are some of your fave anime?

drag0nfeathers
02-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Welcome to the forums; it's lovely to meet you. :tgrin: I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your Alopex cosplay - that sounds really interesting!

What are some of your fave anime?

Oh geeze... Where to begin.

I got hooked on DBZ as a kid, but have grown out of that for the most part even though it's still a classic, but that's what got me started. Favorites gotta probably be Berserk, Samurai Champloo, FLCL, Elfen Lied, Gurren Lagann, Gantz, Fruits Basket, Hellsing, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Shiki, Saiyuki, Heaven's Lost Property, Cowboy Bebop, Ushio and Tora, Highschool of the Dead... I know there are many more... I'm just rambling at this point.

Gin Rummy
02-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the Technodrome Forums! :)

Mzx10484
02-19-2015, 05:32 AM
Welcome & greetings from Germany !!

Mew
02-19-2015, 05:52 AM
Welcome!
:mango:

blindturtle02
02-19-2015, 06:26 AM
Hey and welcome! TMNT helped me out a lot when I was a kid, especially where my wicked stepmom was concerned. I'd pretty much lose myself in it whenever I had to go to TN way back in the day. They make great stepmom kryptonite.

Pretty cool that you're a kitchen designer. Mine is insanely small. The house is one of those three bedroom and two bath jobs, so the kitchen seems like an afterthought. Having more than one person cooking at a time is impossible. People say I have phenomenal cooking powers, but that doesn't amount to much when you've got itty bitty counter space.

Ravenshell
02-20-2015, 05:20 AM
Howdy and welcome! Seems like a lot of us 80s kids congregate around here. *l*

MsMarvelDuckie
02-20-2015, 10:23 PM
Oh geeze... Where to begin.

I got hooked on DBZ as a kid, but have grown out of that for the most part even though it's still a classic, but that's what got me started. Favorites gotta probably be Berserk, Samurai Champloo, FLCL, Elfen Lied, Gurren Lagann, Gantz, Fruits Basket, Hellsing, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Shiki, Saiyuki, Heaven's Lost Property, Cowboy Bebop, Ushio and Tora, Highschool of the Dead... I know there are many more... I'm just rambling at this point.

Cool! FMA, Bebop, FLCL, Hellsing, and Samurai Champloo are some of my faves, too. Oh, and welcome! I'm a turtle gal/anime geek, too.

Davin
02-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the Drome. :tsmile:

drag0nfeathers
02-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Thanks everyone. I was lurking for a bit and I had noticed there were a lot of 80s kids around here. That's mostly the reason I finally started posting. Glad to make all your acquaintance both young and old!

alien_ken
02-22-2015, 08:33 AM
Greetings from Norway :)