PDA

View Full Version : Know what I hated about the 80s cartoon..?

syckles
02-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Nothing. It was excellent, and even rewatching episodes as an adult I still appreciate it. Can anyone forget the Casey Jones episode where he called everyone scuz bucket? And then still wore the Hockey mask even when he got a job? How bout the time in Turtles Forever, where after the past and present TMNT save Yellow Jumpsuit April, she still gets attacked by a banana monster? These are some of my favorite moments.

So hello everyone, my name is Mike, better known online as syckles. Its a pleasure to be here, and wish I knew about this place sooner.

My favorite turtle is Leonardo :tcool:

I enjoy the 90s movie and 2003 series over most forms of turtle media.

My overall favorite character is the Shredder.

Mew
02-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Welcome, Mikey! :mango:
For the 80's toon, I loved that Casey Jones episode. My other favorite is Attack of the Killer Pizzas. I don't like that they didn't incorporate more of the action figures, but hey, Ace Duck was in it a little. The Archie Adventures series did, and I love that! But in Turtles Forever, I don't like that the Turtles are depicted as super goofy. As for the 2003 series, have you seen Insane in the Membrane? It was banned.
As for the 1990 movie, it is amazing! You can't get a better TMNT movie. It follows the Eastman and Laird comics a lot! Except the TMNT's bandanas are colored.
Are you a fan of Next Mutation, the series with Venus DeMilo, the fith girl TMNT? I, personally love, it, just as I love the 2k7 flik. But hey, this is coming from a guy that is NOT a critic, like at all.
Welcome, and have fun on the 'Drome!

syckles
02-18-2015, 06:46 PM
I noticed the tv series didn't use the action figures, but the konomi games really tried to, and used a lot of the accessories that game with the toys, which was awesome.

I could talk all day about Next Mutation, I understood what they were trying to do, but it was just too difficult to execute properly. I thought the turtle suits looked fantastic for the budgets, and even understood them putting a guy in a splinter costume over a puppet. I also like Venus, the thing is they should have went with a Pink headband, and with that small change I think fans would have reacted better to her. I didn't really buy her "origin from china" but I could look past all that. The writing felt a little too waterd down from the movies, and episodes a little rushed. I also wasn't too happy with the Dragon King, you need a really strong scary villain like Lord Zedd from the power rangers. I would be open minded about Venus returning, and giving the show another shot if they did it TMNT style and we got to see them fight toka and rahzar, and a better shredder. I thought the action figures from the series were awesome though.

I loved the Insane in the Membrane episode! Such beautiful writing for a cartoon. Poor Baxter, all he wanted was a body again, and through his insanity he saw where he lost his way in life, before his demise... Brilliant! :D

Mew
02-18-2015, 06:51 PM
I noticed the tv series didn't use the action figures, but the konomi games really tried to, and used a lot of the accessories that game with the toys, which was awesome.

I could talk all day about Next Mutation, I understood what they were trying to do, but it was just too difficult to execute properly. I thought the turtle suits looked fantastic for the budgets, and even understood them putting a guy in a splinter costume over a puppet. I also like Venus, the thing is they should have went with a Pink headband, and with that small change I think fans would have reacted better to her. I didn't really buy her "origin from china" but I could look past all that. The writing felt a little too waterd down from the movies, and episodes a little rushed. I also wasn't too happy with the Dragon King, you need a really strong scary villain like Lord Zedd from the power rangers. I would be open minded about Venus returning, and giving the show another shot if they did it TMNT style and we got to see them fight toka and rahzar, and a better shredder. I thought the action figures from the series were awesome though.

I loved the Insane in the Membrane episode! Such beautiful writing for a cartoon. Poor Baxter, all he wanted was a body again, and through his insanity he saw where he lost his way in life, before his demise... Brilliant! :D
Yeah. Good job, Konami!
Yes. The "origin from China" story sucked. The Nick cartoon should do her, but I would like her to be kinda like Karai, an anti-hero.
That Baxter episode was amazing. Sad it didn't air much, since its great, especially for 4kids.

Gin Rummy
02-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the Technodrome Forums! :)

pennydreadful
02-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Hey dude - welcome to the madhouse!

Myself, I would've hated Venus being given a pink mask, but I still enjoy a good Next Mutation discussion (we've got a few threads on the topic if you feel like taking a poke around and having a read-through!) :tsmile:

Look forward to seeing you in the forums!

Mzx10484
02-19-2015, 06:33 AM
Hey, welcome & greetings from Germany !! Cool avatar !!

Icebot
02-19-2015, 01:52 PM
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here!

Ravenshell
02-20-2015, 06:15 AM
Howdy and welcome!

Davin
02-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Welcome to the Drome. :tsmile:

Slade
02-22-2015, 10:55 AM
They should have killed everyone off...oh wait, nevermind...welcome.