PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help. Installing TMNT game on PC

turtlefanforever
02-22-2015, 04:44 PM
So my mutant melee wont install on my old desktop computer. And it's not like its ancient. it's a Dell touchscreen from like 3 years ago. When I open it up it gives me 3 options.

1. Install/uninstall
. when I click on this it says I'm not allowed. Have to do it from an administrators profile (and says the same thing from the administrators profile)

2. Install DirectX9.
. I can do this. And it installs right away, but it doesn't do anything. it just brings me back to the 3 options I am listing now.

the 3rd open is simply the close button.

Any ideas on what to do?

evan2000
02-23-2015, 07:15 AM
Your PC seems to have multiple user accounts, and yours is not an "administrator" account. Are there other user(s) sharing the PC with you? You need to log on using an "administrator" account, which is usually the first person who created the user account when the PC is being setup for the first time. Once you log on as an administrator, you should be able to install the game without problem.

turtlefanforever
02-23-2015, 09:24 AM
Your PC seems to have multiple user accounts, and yours is not an "administrator" account. Are there other user(s) sharing the PC with you? You need to log on using an "administrator" account, which is usually the first person who created the user account when the PC is being setup for the first time. Once you log on as an administrator, you should be able to install the game without problem.

you seem to have misunderstood. I stated before that I did that as well and still no dice :[

Netkeeper
02-23-2015, 09:38 AM
I don't own this game, but it's a decade old. Try running your installation in Windows XP compatibility mode.

turtlefanforever
02-23-2015, 10:18 AM
but it took forever. Had to download each file individually and put in the admin password to say it was ok.

rei_kaiser
04-10-2015, 02:21 PM
Hi, what operating system are you using?
If windows xp, right click on shortcut or exe file of the game and try different compatibility settings.

Make sure you are running a user profile that has administrator rights to install software.

If anything after win xp turn off uac protection from control panel (user account settings).

Try DosBox as that's great free software to run old games.

Let me know if you need more help.