PDA

View Full Version : 1990 TMNT Head resculpt

Splint'r
02-26-2015, 12:06 PM
So today, I spent most of the night rendering and editing video. As some of you know, rendering can take a lot of time, depending on one's computer capabilities.
During that time, I sat back and looked at my set of the 1990 highly pose-able classic movie turtles toys and I just couldn't bare to look at Donatello anymore. He looks nothing like 1990 turtle we all know and love. Not even a little bit. It pushed me to pull out some sculpey and work on a new head sculpt for him. After 2 hours fiddling with it, this is the first rough I came up with. (still needs work) I chose a couple reference shots I found around here. I didn't want him smiling. After putting it down, I knew I'd have to sculpt the rest out so they all look more uniform. Once these are finalized, I will be recasting them out of resin and their bandanas will be cast out of flexible resin.

I'm pretty busy right now, but I wanted to come and run here to share these real quick. I promise I'll come back to this as soon as I find another window of opportunity. I think another 2 hours will do it for Donnie. Then onto the next turtle. Hope you guys like it. I know it isn't perfect, but I'll keep working on it.

Discogod
02-26-2015, 12:11 PM
That's a fantastic sculpt, but to be honest I'm not seeing a lot of Donnie in it - it resembles Leo to me, especially around the eyes. Don's eyes were a little larger and closer together, and his beak/nose area was a little shorter, plus his head was a little longer overall.

Splint'r
02-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Yeah you're right, I see the Leo resemblance. This is the reference I was fixated on.

http://www.narcomics.net/miscellaneous/tmnt-resculpts/reference1.jpg

http://www.narcomics.net/miscellaneous/tmnt-resculpts/reference2.jpg

I really like the way his brows are shaped. But the beak does need work as it looks more Leo than Don. I'll get back to this as soon as I can and try and fix these areas. Thanks! :)

darthwahl56
02-26-2015, 12:39 PM
I like this interpretation. The sculpt looks fine to me, loads better than the classics version. I think that the classics expression was caught during when he was wanting to cook up some marshmallows at the camp fire, but not the face many would have wanted for him. Your headsculpt immediately reminded me of the Donnie from the movie, kind of Charlie Sheen as a turtle.

This is definitely one I would buy as a replacement (fixed or as is)

TheMasterTurtle
02-26-2015, 09:25 PM
Mhmm much better. Do you plan on redoing all 4?

Sabacooza
02-26-2015, 09:52 PM
WOW! Yeah, that looks so much better. I wish they would've looked that good from the get go.

Splint'r
02-26-2015, 10:59 PM
Thanks guys. :) Yes, I will be doing all four. I don't think it would look right to have one stand out more than the others. If I can find enough time, I'd like to sculpt 2 for each turtle, showcasing different expressions.

slaysghosts
02-26-2015, 11:21 PM
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

That looks great.
I personally do not see the Leo in it.

Count me in for a set of all 4 or 8. Just don't stop, please. Too many people w/ talent start something, show off W.I.P.'s, then fall off the face of the earth.

I'm bookmarking this page, very excited about this.

Splint'r
02-27-2015, 07:12 AM
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

That looks great.
I personally do not see the Leo in it.

Count me in for a set of all 4 or 8. Just don't stop, please. Too many people w/ talent start something, show off W.I.P.'s, then fall off the face of the earth.

I'm bookmarking this page, very excited about this.

Oh don't worry. I'm not going anywhere. I purchased 3 sets of these figures just for these modifications. (one set will be left as is).
I'm going to work on Don some more tonight. My next turtle will be Raphael. I really want that Jim Henson look more than anything. The good thing about these, is that they're easily swappable with their simple ball peg system.

Powder
02-27-2015, 07:27 AM
Count me in as being down to cop a set of heads if/when you make them. Spot on work.

Splint'r
02-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Absolutely. :)
I just reworked Don's beak a minute ago to look more like the reference pics. Discogod pointed this out and I agree. It was drooping a bit too much.
(I'm currently watching the movie again and pausing throughout, to get every angle I can). Much better now. I'll keep working on him throughout the day. Once I'm done, I'll be adding some subtle texture to the skin and polish up on the eye balls.
Once I'm done with all the turtles, I'm planning to make a second set with different expressions (Don head with a more aggressive look (ie teeth).
So two for each turtle. :)
I'll be back with more pics with the head sitting on the actual body.

slaysghosts
02-27-2015, 02:15 PM
are you going to offer them for sale one at a time as you finish, or as a set of 4, set of 8, ect? Only asking b/c this is quite exciting for me, anxious to get this head, & my wallet will probably appreciate being able to buy one at a time!! Also, any idea on price?

TheBlueTurtle1
02-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Great work, can't wait to see how these look.

VaughnMichael
02-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Really great sculpting job, can't wait to see more.

Danakin
02-28-2015, 01:50 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing your sculpts for all four. This one turned out really well. I definitely see more Donnie than Leo in it, especially in the mouth. Count me in as a customer when you have copies for sale.

Bmaga123
02-28-2015, 03:00 AM
These look great! Count me in for all 4 please.

Jester
02-28-2015, 03:16 AM
Impressive. I saw Donnie in that head right off. Can't wait for the other 3 (and their potential 2nd head sculpt.)

Splint'r
02-28-2015, 05:34 AM
Thank you guys so much. I'm glad you're enjoying this thread. :)

Ok, an update. More work was done about an hour ago. He's almost there. I need to work on the back side a little more (rounding off the back of his head, etc) and a few more clean ups. I kid you guys not, I have been playing the movie over and over again since the morning. lol... I'm giving it a rest right now, but I'll be replaying it again when I continue with the final touches. It really does help to register the looks of these guys when working on the sculpt.

Hope you guys like the new pics below. I'll be back with more soon.
One thing I have to say, throughout the movie, Don (and the rest) go through various changes as they express their emotions. In some shots, it looks like he has a very small beak, but in others, it droops down a little more than usual. I'm assuming this is because they were made of foam latex and the motors used to animate them, were able to stretch, shift and change the real estate of the sculpt throughout the film. I tried to pick something in between here.

By the way, I'll discuss more about distribution after I'm done. Just let me get through these first.

http://www.narcomics.net/miscellaneous/tmnt-resculpts/donny-head-resculpt-19.jpg

http://www.narcomics.net/miscellaneous/tmnt-resculpts/donny-head-resculpt-18.jpg

Splint'r
02-28-2015, 05:54 AM
A couple more. :)

http://www.narcomics.net/miscellaneous/tmnt-resculpts/donny-head-resculpt-21.jpg

http://www.narcomics.net/miscellaneous/tmnt-resculpts/donny-head-resculpt-22.jpg

Plasticplayhouse
02-28-2015, 07:25 AM
Dude, this is so awesome. Your sculpt work is phenominal! How is it working with ...super sculpy is it? I've never worked with it. I have heard its easier to sculpt with than epoxy clay, but its not self hardening.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest. I might be up for picking up a set of 4. I could paint the heads as I paint the bodies to make sure they match.

Raph
02-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Wow, what an amazing job. I'm one of those guys who watches the first movie at least twice a year and I must say ..it's spot on!

It looks amazing on the figures body. Hope you'll be able to get a good color match!
Excellent job :tsmile:

Kingoji
02-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Amazing. I think I'd be down with a set of these, also.

Nelson
02-28-2015, 08:28 AM
Count me in as well! Thank you for doing this.

I think the beak is nice. As you say, at some points in the movie it looks more pointy than in others. But if you decide to change it will be OK anyway.

I do disagree with the notion that it looks like Leonardo, though.

Dayum... now I will have to get the Raph and Don figures that I had decided to skip.

TheMasterTurtle
02-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Dude, this is so awesome. Your sculpt work is phenominal! How is it working with ...super sculpy is it? I've never worked with it. I have heard its easier to sculpt with than epoxy clay, but its not self hardening.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest. I might be up for picking up a set of 4. I could paint the heads as I paint the bodies to make sure they match.

I love working with super sculpy. I use it exclusively unless I'm just adding to an existing figure or fixing something on one, then I'll use my self hardening.

Great job man. Will you be doing any with open mouths?

Powder
02-28-2015, 04:51 PM
Maaan, looks crazy good on the body. If Playmates' had looked that tight overall, I'd have been in for two sets! Wallet allowing, that is. :trazz: Cannot wait to see what else you cook up, dude.

Mew
02-28-2015, 05:18 PM
I wanna set of these!
I don't even have the figs but oh my God they're good!

slaysghosts
02-28-2015, 08:40 PM
heres a great source!

http://cinema.theiapolis.com/movie-0ZAI/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/gallery/

Splint'r
03-01-2015, 04:39 AM

Thanks brother. :)
I love working with Super Sculpey Firm. It's a fairly rigid sculpting compound that holds detail really well. It's kind of like sculpting with pliable plastic/oil based clay. Not gritty at all. Combined with the right tools and some alcohol (occasionally some softener), you can really pull off some sharp pieces, almost as if it were toy wax. I think the stuff you use, (Aves epoxy, right?) is very suitable for your masterful looking customs though (big fan by the way!).

Wow, what an amazing job. I'm one of those guys who watches the first movie at least twice a year and I must say ..it's spot on!

It looks amazing on the figures body. Hope you'll be able to get a good color match!
Excellent job :tsmile:

Thanks buddy! These will be cast in pure white resin. They're to be primed and fully painted over along with the rest of the body, to give it the most realistic finish.

Great job man. Will you be doing any with open mouths?

Thanks bud! Yes, absolutely. It would be a travesty not to show some teeth grinding or battle crying. :tgrin:

heres a great source!

http://cinema.theiapolis.com/movie-0ZAI/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/gallery/

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is exactly what I've been looking for. So much reference shots that weren't shown in the movie. Excellent!

Again, thank you all so much. I have a lot of work to do in the upcoming weeks, so bare with me as I try to finish out the first set of heads in between my breaks. I'm as anxious as all of you to get these finished, but I also don't want to rush them. Knowing how I am, I'm not sure if I'll even stop at 2 heads per turtle. There are so many cool variations to their expressions that I might want to try a few more just for fun.

You know, at first, I was really only intending on doing these for my own turtles. I didn't really think anyone would want a set for themselves, but I'm very humbled by the amount of interest and loved how it snowballed into "count me in for a set!" lol. I would be more than happy to share these with you guys to replace your movie figure's heads. :)

I must refrain from discussing rates publicly, though. I think these would fall under "unlicensed products" and I wouldn't want to get into any kind of trouble with the license holders. You can send me a pm when I'm finished to discuss more on how to get a set. Rest assure...you won't have to sacrifice any organs. ;) Like you guys, I just want movie accurate heads on my Classics 1990s figures. If can put my abilities work in order to make it happen, then I'm giving it my best shot.

Keep in mind, I cannot paint these up for you though. It can only be unpainted resin casts and you'll have to do the paint work yourself or seek a talented custom painter (like plasticplayhouse - if available - who does top notch work) to paint yours up. I wish I could lend a hand with that but with my tight schedule, it'd be impossible.

Alright, I'm off for the night. I'll be right back with the finalized Don head. Then I can start the next turtle.

goodfellaray
03-02-2015, 02:46 AM
Super exciting. Can't wait to see Raph!!! Cant ****ing wait!!!

OrokuYoshiFilms
03-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Ooh wee that's sweet...! Like if Playmates produced this and it was the only turtle I wouldn't even be mad.

Bmaga123
03-02-2015, 04:02 PM
HOLY F dude this is the best Donatello Sculpt I have ever seen hands down! I need this PLEASE :tgrin:
Can you post a profile pic of the revised sculpt please?

Splint'r
03-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Thanks guys and will do with the profile shots. I'm just about done with him. A few more modifications all around his head and bandana detail are being made. I will be adding some subtle texture to his skin and call it a day. Your support is greatly appreciated and has pushed me to work even harder to get this to look more as accurate as possible. Can't wait to start on Raph.:)

Bmaga123
03-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys and will do with the profile shots. I'm just about done with him. A few more modifications all around his head and bandana detail are being made. I will be adding some subtle texture to his skin and call it a day. Your support is greatly appreciated and has pushed me to work even harder to get this to look more as accurate as possible. Can't wait to start on Raph.:)

Awesome! I look forward to seeing final pics of Donatello and the rest of the turtles. Will you be offering casted blanks or finished copies for sale? thanks

gunstarheroblue
03-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Man this looks Awesome, dude,To me it looks Spot On. that super sculpey, do you use a heat gun to dry?
what is your method?
very inspirational, keep us posted when you can. Id like to purchase a all 4 of these head sculpts if you were going to be re-casting them and selling if you decide to later.

what about the height variations for the Fab four? im just assuming the 1990 movie figures were all the same size?

mexichrist83
03-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Wow! Great job on Donatello. He seriously looks fantastic. This is what I was hoping to see when Playmates announced the movie figures. Can't wait to see the other heads you make. I don't even have the movie figures but I'd be interested in purchasing the heads just to have them.

Nasubionna
03-05-2015, 10:28 PM
OH MY GOD, this is wonderful!!!! The 1990 movie Turtles are my favorite incarnations, and Donatello has always been my favorite turtle. This sculpt is gorgeous, the best I've ever seen. I cannot wait to see what else you come up with, and I am absolutely down for a set of these.
I bought the Donatello figure because I simply had to, but it's been stored away in my closet because the complete and utter lack of any likeness whatsoever to Jim Henson's marvelous creation is just too depressing. You are doing a major public service here by showing us what could have been! Thank you for sharing your talent!

slaysghosts
03-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Splint'r, you still around right? Can you give us a 'hey, i'm alive and we're still moving forward' post? No pics or updates, just wanna make sure you're still with us....Been on a lot of figure forums over the years and threads like this sadly get started all the time only to be deserted..........Hope all is good, super excited about these heads and your sculpting ability.

Splint'r
03-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Oh I'm still around bud. Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere and most definitely moving forward with this project. ;)
I know exactly what you mean when interesting topics just die. Not gonna happen here.

At the moment, I'm wrapping up a couple commissions that need to get out by Saturday, so I've been hard at work trying to get those done while recording the entire process that will be up on my YT channel here https://www.youtube.com/user/Narcomics , once all the editing is done. As soon as I get the artwork completed, I will resume, finishing up Don and getting on Raph, during the video rendering hours. I will be hopping around like this until the last turtle is complete. Just hang tight.

Splint'r
03-10-2015, 01:24 PM
A little quick photoshop paint over I used to help give me an idea of what the sculpt might look like when it's finished. *of course, the final paint would be much more detailed and movie accurate*

http://www.narcomics.net/miscellaneous/tmnt-resculpts/donny-head-resculpt-more-squint.jpg

Bmaga123
03-10-2015, 02:40 PM
A little quick photoshop paint over I used to help give me an idea of what the sculpt might look like when it's finished. *of course, the final paint would be much more detailed and movie accurate*

http://www.narcomics.net/miscellaneous/tmnt-resculpts/donny-head-resculpt-more-squint.jpg

Incredible!

goodfellaray
03-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Looks great. Itching to see that Raph!

Nasubionna
03-10-2015, 11:55 PM
Oh my goodness, be still my heart! Looking fantastic!!!

Turtle_power_eh?
03-11-2015, 07:55 AM
WOW! I mean....Wow! Incredible work. I know I'm new and have zero cred on these forums but I would LOVE a set of these when you start casting them. Amazing work, dude. I am so impressed with your attention to detail.

When you get around to casting 'em PLEASE put me down for a set.

I don't even own these figures yet, as they have not been released at TRU in Canada. I was planning on ordering them online, but as soon as I saw the hack job playmates did on the final head sculpts, I put the idea of owning them on the shelf. Even based on your one head sculp...its a game changer!

Again, great work. Very impressive.

#heyplaymatestoys!hirethisguy! :tlol:

Ohnoyoudiint
03-12-2015, 11:36 PM
I will offer 300 for a set. Or is that too low of an offer?

Splint'r
03-13-2015, 03:13 AM
I will offer *** for a set. Or is that too low of an offer?

First and foremost, I can't discuss money in this topic since I'm producing non licensed items. I hope you understand.:) I'd like to keep this as clean cut as possible. You can PM me for more info later on. It's still a bit soon, so I'd check back until I'm actually done with all 4 heads and have molds ready to go.

Remember, this only began as my own personal hobby to help enhance the look of my own figures. I'm not starting up a factory here.:lol: Whenever I'm free to do so, I will gladly cast up copies to send out to those whom expressed interest in them, but it'll have to be a few batches at a time as I'm just one person doing this out of kindness. As long as your patient, you'll get a set from me and again, no talks of money exchange. I'll be back soon with the start of Raph's head.

Thanks bud!

Bmaga123
03-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Any updates on this?

Splint'r
03-20-2015, 04:35 PM
No, not yet bud. I'm still working through a very important commission here. I had hoped I could have a window of opportunity to work on the sculpts 5 days ago, but I'm still here pushing away at my job.
I'm getting very close to finish up my work, so I should be able to get back to this real soon. Don't worry, I'm not running off. :)

slaysghosts
03-20-2015, 04:58 PM
thanks, it's all good to me even if it's 2016 personally!

Think i can speak for everyone when i say we appreciate the occasional 'check in'. Too many Henson fans that have never ever had someone do what you're doing.

Splint'r
03-27-2015, 11:16 PM
I'm almost there! Just getting through this month. :)

Slade
03-29-2015, 12:54 AM
That is f*cking sick as f*ck. You rocked that sh*t. Can't wait to see the rest.

ArticulationJunkie
04-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Wow, Don looks absolutely amazing! You have truly exemplary sculpting skills good sir!:)

TurtleManiac
04-11-2015, 04:24 AM
Now that is a really good 1990 movie Donatello head sculpt! Looks waaayyyy better than the official "classic collection movie turtles" head sculpts that Playmates made. Can't wait to see how the finished project turns out, as well as the other 3 turtles, particularly Raphael, movie Raph is badass!

goodfellaray
04-13-2015, 10:45 PM
Two weeks into April. By the looks of it, this is gonna go nowhere.

Powder
04-13-2015, 11:24 PM
The dude is busy, he doesn't owe anyone but his clients & sh*t.

TheMasterTurtle
04-14-2015, 05:45 AM
Two weeks into April. By the looks of it, this is gonna go nowhere.

Very disrespectful. I know its hard to believe but there is a life outside the drome.

TonySiegel
04-14-2015, 09:36 AM
love it cant wait to see the whole toy painted!

Plasticplayhouse
04-14-2015, 10:31 AM
Wow, so apparently if a fellow fan produces something cool for the sake of fun and shares it with the rest of the fandom, he/she is open for critiscism on the timelyness of future updates. Kinds makes ya not want to share in the first place...

And actually it did go somewhere, he sculpted a fantastic new head for his Donatello figure. Seeing that alone was good enough for me. Anything else is gravy.

Nasubionna
04-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Agree with everyone who has expressed that it is extremely rude to act so entitled. So someone isn't creating (unpaid fan) art fast enough for you? Great, go make your own. This is being done in the artist's spare time, for their OWN enjoyment. They just happened to be generous enough to share it with others. Believe it or not, people have lives that take up time and priority over unpaid fan projects. Ugh, this sort of attitude makes me livid, both as an artist and as a fan of other people's art.

Doomsdayninja
04-14-2015, 05:29 PM
Preach!!!!

goodfellaray
04-14-2015, 05:51 PM
You guys realize how much you're overreacting to a mere observation I made? I meant no disrespect, say to that I was disrespectful is silly. Is being blunt considered to be disrespectful? And entitled? You're livid? Are you kidding me? lol Everybody needs to lighten up. The guy is obviously very talented and we all wanted to see the rest of the sculpts, but hey, if it doesn't happen, no surprise, right? And that's ok. As you all have said, the guy's busy, he has a life, AS many of us do, but by you all saying he's busy, has life, yada yada, that just kind of reaffirms what I said. And as I said earlier, that's okay. Mere observation, a wild guess on my end, and you're all jumping down my throat like I purposely insulted the guy, when all I've done was compliment and express excitement for his potential future scrulpts. Holy ****, lighten. UP! :lol:

Splint'r, if you are in any way as offended as these people are by my comment, I apologize to you. Never my intentions, bro. I've been following this thread since day one and I look forward to hopefully seeing your headsculpts, whether its something you do now, or later on down the road.

TheMasterTurtle
04-14-2015, 06:11 PM
Perhaps the manner in which you expressed your excitement was the problem. Lets close the dispute and keep our eyes peeled for more great work whenever it comes out way.

Splint'r
04-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Hi guys!

First, thank you. Really. Thank you so much!

When I first posted this topic, I really didn't think it would have received this much attention from you fine folks. Had I known, I probably would have waited until I had the entire set completed before I shared the pics.
As a fan nerd myself, I totally understand the impatience to see the next update. For that, I'm sorry for the delay. No offense taken either.

In fact, when I first read your comment, goodfellaray, I smiled. I'm humbled. Although I'm still caught up in a storm of work here, I pulled out my Raph figure and began studying the reference images I collected last week for a few minutes and then began adding the sculpey over the ball joint. For now, that's as far as I can go before I can start shaping the form and details.

Yeah, I'm a very busy guy, working 13 hours a day on commissions and other projects, to get through each month. There are times, I'll have a day to myself to do whatever I want (which is when I started on Don). I'm dying to find another day like this so I can finish up the rest of the shell brains. It'll come. I always find time to do things in between work. It's just not that frequent though.
So again, I thank you sincerely for your support. I'm really glad you guys like what you've seen so far. I'll say again, I am not abandoning this project. I, just as much you, want to see what all four will look like with upgraded head sculpts. I'll be giving it my best for each turtle and try to capture the most familiar expressions we can all relate with, to some degree.

I'll be back. Don't worry. I'll be back. ;)

eastlos217
06-02-2015, 11:35 PM
nice work man. I would definetly be interested in buying a head from you!!

Chuycustom
06-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Do you have a Instagram or Facebook account?

psychoandy
06-10-2015, 10:13 AM
Somehow, I never commented on this.

That Donnie head sculpt is REALLY great work, man. Thank you for sharing it with us!

eastlos217
06-10-2015, 03:02 PM
any updates on these ?

Splint'r
06-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Hi guys. I do have a facebook here. https://www.facebook.com/nar.comics You can get an idea of all the crap I do for a living, there.

Yeah it's been a while. Unfortunately, I've gotten a lot more busy lately, so playtime has been very limited. I do have all my sculpt work put into safe storage at the moment and I'm hoping I can find time to pull them out and finish where I left off in a week or two.
I'll do what I can to make it happen. Getting these finished and molded is on top of the list of things to do as soon as I get a window of opportunity.

Thanks guys

eastlos217
06-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Hi guys. I do have a facebook here. https://www.facebook.com/nar.comics You can get an idea of all the crap I do for a living, there.

Yeah it's been a while. Unfortunately, I've gotten a lot more busy lately, so playtime has been very limited. I do have all my sculpt work put into safe storage at the moment and I'm hoping I can find time to pull them out and finish where I left off in a week or two.
I'll do what I can to make it happen. Getting these finished and molded is on top of the list of things to do as soon as I get a window of opportunity.

Thanks guys

message sent. both on here and fb.

Nasubionna
06-24-2015, 09:40 PM
Great to hear from you, Splint'r! Figured you were super busy cranking out amazing (paid) art! Looking forward to when you get the time to work on these amazing sculpts again. :)

Etsyturtle2
09-30-2015, 03:45 PM
So, what happened to this?

Splint'r
10-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Hi there. I'm currently working on a few projects at this time as well as preparing for Halloween with my kids.
I actually hit a real bad spell these past few months and had to sell off a big portion of my collectibles to help make ends meet while I kept on with my deadlines at work.
I still have my tmnt stuff though. :D

I'm hoping to break free after this year is finished and grab some casting supplies to start working with my prototypes.
I'm still on these things, just have to wait longer to play with them again. ;)
Thanks for asking. Hope you're doing well bud.

Nasubionna
10-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Hi there. I'm currently working on a few projects at this time as well as preparing for Halloween with my kids.
I actually hit a real bad spell these past few months and had to sell off a big portion of my collectibles to help make ends meet while I kept on with my deadlines at work.
I still have my tmnt stuff though. :D

I'm hoping to break free after this year is finished and grab some casting supplies to start working with my prototypes.
I'm still on these things, just have to wait longer to play with them again. ;)
Thanks for asking. Hope you're doing well bud.

So sorry to hear about the bad patch! I hope that things improve for you soon, that you have a great halloween with your kids! :)

TMNT Kirby
11-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Wow that is amazing!!!!

Splint'r
11-09-2015, 12:32 PM
Thanks! I'm not out of the woods yet but I am working on Raphael right now. After him, I'm tackling Michelangelo. I had to spend a lot of time not only watching the film over and over, taking screen caps, but also sketching his face up to get a good feel of what features I really need to concentrate on to get the most accuracy.

wtferrell
11-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Just found these as I'm newer to the site, but phenomenal work man. I love super sculpy. It's about all I use. You're able to do much more with it than I am though, haha.