PDA

View Full Version : TMNT FastForward Unreleased Episode

Bravotello
02-27-2015, 06:34 PM
I was looking around on Youtube and I found an unreleased episode of TMNT Fast Forward called Master Fighter. It was an episode in progress, I think this is a storyboard. Most of it is voice acted, but it has no music or sound effects. It's not a very good episode, but if you like storyboards and such you'll probably appreciate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX6KkS-gSAk

nylemon
02-27-2015, 07:27 PM
is it about a funny kungfu old man

TigerClaw
02-27-2015, 07:35 PM
I was looking around on Youtube and I found an unreleased episode of TMNT Fast Forward called Master Fighter. It was an episode in progress, I think this is a storyboard. Most of it is voice acted, but it has no music or sound effects. It's not a very good episode, but if you like storyboards and such you'll probably appreciate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX6KkS-gSAk
It says its for a canceled Season 2, Which is interesting because, After Fast Forward, They went to Back in the Sewers.

CyberCubed
02-27-2015, 08:41 PM
It was an unproduced episode for a planned Season 2 in FF.

TigerClaw
02-27-2015, 09:09 PM
It was an unproduced episode for a planned Season 2 in FF.
Even though the show took place in the future, I kind of wish they did something similar to the Future Shark Trilogy from the Archie Comic.

Ninjinister
02-27-2015, 10:59 PM
Yeah, this was actually on 4kids' site at one point. I'm certain that's just ripped footage from there.

Netkeeper
02-28-2015, 04:08 AM
This just adds to my interpretation of FF/BTTS being a completely different show if there was originally going to be a second season of FF.

Just throwing that out there.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-28-2015, 12:07 PM
This just adds to my interpretation of FF/BTTS being a completely different show if there was originally going to be a second season of FF.

What do you mean, an entirely different show? I'm curious.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-28-2015, 12:22 PM
For those interested, I made a version with music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxQVcnuJiH8) a couple years ago.

Mew
02-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Here is the vid for peeps too lazy to click away!
eX6KkS-gSAk

CyberCubed
02-28-2015, 04:02 PM

Why do you say this? FF Season 2 was only going to be 10 episodes, but they decided not to go ahead with it because they knew the series was ending and wanted to have the final season back in NYC.

Besides cartoons have abandoned scripts and episodes all the time.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-28-2015, 04:22 PM
It wasn't just FF. Nightmares Recycles being scrapped is why season 5 is twelve episodes long.

They were also planning a super-hero episode where all the super-villains teamed up against the Justice Force or something for season 4. They either didn't like the idea or lost interest.

Xav
02-28-2015, 05:46 PM
What do you mean, an entirely different show? I'm curious.Yeah I don't get that. FF and BTTS are clearly meant to be part of the 2003 show.

CyberCubed
02-28-2015, 05:50 PM
It wasn't just FF. Nightmares Recycles being scrapped is why season 5 is twelve episodes long.

They were also planning a super-hero episode where all the super-villains teamed up against the Justice Force or something for season 4. They either didn't like the idea or lost interest.

There were a lot of script ideas that were pitched to Laird but he turned them down, you can read about them on his blog.

The proposal for Season 2 of FF was that Ch'rell would return and take over Boss Zuko's body to become "Triceraton Shredder" or something like that. I'm glad that idea never came to be because Ch'rell returning for Turtles Forever as a grand finale was far more fitting.

Xav
02-28-2015, 07:32 PM
I don't think he was taking over Boss Zukko's body.

Netkeeper
02-28-2015, 07:59 PM
What do you mean, an entirely different show? I'm curious.
Those last two "seasons" are completely different in tone, they have different titles, and a wildly different animation style. The only thing that remained the same was the voice cast. They felt like a different show to me, so I consider them their own thing.

CyberCubed
02-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Those last two "seasons" are completely different in tone, they have different titles, and a wildly different animation style. The only thing that remained the same was the voice cast. They felt like a different show to me, so I consider them their own thing.

Many cartoons change their art style or add subtitles as they progress, they're still the same show.

Justice League changed the name to Justice League Unlimited. Gargoyles to the Goliath Chronicles, Batman: TAS to The New Batman Adventures, etc.

FoxBoxKid
03-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Many cartoons change their art style or add subtitles as they progress, they're still the same show.

Justice League changed the name to Justice League Unlimited. Gargoyles to the Goliath Chronicles, Batman: TAS to The New Batman Adventures, etc.

Justice League Unlimited and The New Batman Adventures are sequel series. The Goliath Chronicles was superseded by the Gargoyles comic, which was wwritten by Greg Weisman himself. Back to the Sewer and Fast Forward are more like spin-offs, IMO.

Xav
03-01-2015, 12:21 AM
No they are not. They are direct sequels to the first five seasons.

Jester
03-01-2015, 12:48 AM
>> and Back to the Sewer ARE Sequel series. There's no room for "opinions." It's a FACT. The story of the 4Kids series continued into >> and on into BttS.

CyberCubed
03-01-2015, 01:24 AM
Justice League Unlimited and The New Batman Adventures are sequel series. The Goliath Chronicles was superseded by the Gargoyles comic, which was wwritten by Greg Weisman himself. Back to the Sewer and Fast Forward are more like spin-offs, IMO.

A spinoff is usually a different series that uses its own unique cast besides one or two characters crossing over and does its own thing.

Jester
03-01-2015, 01:30 AM
A spinoff is usually a different series that uses its own unique cast besides one or two characters crossing over and does its own thing.
Like the Zeta Project was a spin-off of batman Beyond.

CyberCubed
03-01-2015, 01:31 AM
Like the Zeta Project was a spin-off of batman Beyond.

You can arguably say Batman Beyond was a spinoff of Batman: TAS. Because that's what it originally was pitched as, a show in the future with a new teenage Batman.

Netkeeper
03-01-2015, 05:17 AM
As per usual, you guys are forgetting that I tacked on "my interpretation" to my post. That is how I choose to interpret those seasons, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Jester
03-01-2015, 05:24 AM
http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE0LzA3LzI5LzMzL3R1cnRsZXMuZmFjLjRhN2Y1LnBuZw pwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/00c9ecc6/0a5/turtles.facepalm.2.png
This is not a time for "opinions" or "interpretations"...

That would be like saying the Red Sky seasons of the FW Turtles were a "spinoff" because of the drastic changes. They're not.

Netkeeper
03-01-2015, 06:51 AM
Keep ****ing that chicken.

turtlefanforever
03-01-2015, 09:17 AM
I'm positive there's been so many threads about this already but we seem to be using this one now so. Yeah it's solid. Wish is was produced.

As a fan you always hope for more content. I wish they did it like the ninja tribunal where they made the 2nd season of FF but just released it on DVD and put the final season (BTTS) on tv like they did.

CyberCubed
03-01-2015, 12:32 PM
The thing is a lot of the plot ideas for FF Season 2 were incorporated into the final season and Turtles Forever. Ch'rell was supposed to come back in FF Season 2 which wouldn't make sense given he was still frozen on the ice asteroid in Turtles Forever.

Likewise there was a FF episode title "City Under Siege" with the same title as that BTTS episode with Cyber Shredder. The Serling/Baby Turtles episode was also from FF Season 2 they reworked into BTTS.

About the only thing we missed that I would have liked seeing is Baxter regrow a human body.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-01-2015, 01:14 PM
About the only thing we missed that I would have liked seeing is Baxter regrow a human body.

There was an unproduced episode called "The Devil and Dr. Stockman"; wasn't that the one where Ch'Rell would return?

turtlefanforever
03-01-2015, 07:51 PM
I remember hearing rumblings of space usagi being in an episode of FF season 2. That woulda been cool. Ik about the utrom part. But maybe I'm just thinking wrong and confusing all the utrom talk

CyberCubed
03-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Yeah I do think Space Usagi was going to be in an ep or two.

PL did post a bunch of proposed Season 2 FF scripts on his blog years ago, you can probably find them if you go searching for them.

Xav
03-02-2015, 03:23 AM
You can arguably say Batman Beyond was a spinoff of Batman: TAS. Because that's what it originally was pitched as, a show in the future with a new teenage Batman.As supposed to what? That literally what it was.
There was an unproduced episode called "The Devil and Dr. Stockman"; wasn't that the one where Ch'Rell would return?Well no. He was going to be in it, but the episode he was supposed to return in was called "Something Wicked", which also was a name of a BTTS episode.

TheBlueTurtle1
03-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Wow , thanks for this, I have watched the 2003 show many times, but have never come across this. I know a lot 2003 TMNT fans didn't like FF, but I loved/love it. So thanks :D

TigerClaw
03-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Wow , thanks for this, I have watched the 2003 show many times, but have never come across this. I know a lot 2003 TMNT fans didn't like FF, but I loved/love it. So thanks :D
I liked Fast Forward also.

Bravotello
03-02-2015, 06:32 PM
I loved Fast Forward as well! I don't see why fans dislike it.

turtlefanforever
03-02-2015, 06:59 PM
I loved Fast Forward as well! I don't see why fans dislike it.

agreed.

I'm always down to talk 2k3 if people wanna chat about it.

CyberCubed
03-02-2015, 08:33 PM
The only eps of FF I didn't like were the Triple Threat episodes, and the overuse of games in episodes got annoying, but I liked most of the other episodes.

If FF had the same animation style as the first 5 seasons and "It's Ninja Time" never existed it would have been viewed as a solid season.

Netkeeper
03-02-2015, 09:30 PM
No, there's still a noticeable change in writing style and tone. No thank you.

If it had actually been a separate show, however, I would have been ok with it.

CyberCubed
03-02-2015, 11:52 PM
No, there's still a noticeable change in writing style and tone. No thank you.

If it had actually been a separate show, however, I would have been ok with it.

The tone is lighter, but not really all that different than the Nick show minus the anime expressions.

Netkeeper
03-03-2015, 09:28 AM
And now you know why I don't like it. :V

PizzaPower
03-08-2015, 04:06 PM
For those interested, I made a version with music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxQVcnuJiH8) a couple years ago.
haha this is really awesome!