PDA

View Full Version : Turtles in Time as an actual episode

GoldMutant
02-28-2015, 08:45 AM
Ciao members of the forums, it's the Gold Mutant once more. Today I want to tell you all of an idea I have had for a longtime: making an episode adaptation of Turtles in Time. The game needs no introduction, it's a fan-favorite game in the franchise, although I don't get why it has not been made as an episode. Yes, both the 2003 and 1987 cartoons have time travel and it'd be overdone, but every incarnation as it's own. Not too well aware of the comics, but isn't IDW doing it's own story with this title as well? (more of a television guy than comics)

Anyways, I love to write, but would you all be interested in hearing my story? It's almost done and will be written primarily as a series finale. If you are confused and need something addressed, let me know and I'll answer.

Let me know if you're all curious and I'll post it. :tgrin:

-The Gold Mutant

Powder
02-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Hey man, welcome to the boards. You don't have to introduce yourself or sign your posts, your username/avatar is right there next to it, we know who ya are! :trazz:

Anyway, IDW's Turtles In Time isn't an adaption of the old game, but it does take a few cues from it. They go the days of dinosaurs, feudal Japan, a pirate ship, & a futuristic city, no doubt influenced by the game, but beyond that, there's little taken from it. It's an awesome mini-series just the same, definitely worth checking out. The Nick series is going to have it's own time travel arc soon enough, but it would seem they're going the Mirage route with it, as did the 4kids series.

I always thought doing a season of time travel based on TiT would have made a lot more sense in place of the European vacation season the old toon did. But alas, what's done is done.

(I don't read fan-fiction so I've got nothing to offer on that front, but I figured I'd respond to your other points anyway. Good luck with your story, if you do it.)

TigerClaw
02-28-2015, 03:56 PM
Hey man, welcome to the boards. You don't have to introduce yourself or sign your posts, your username/avatar is right there next to it, we know who ya are! :trazz:

Anyway, IDW's Turtles In Time isn't an adaption of the old game, but it does take a few cues from it. They go the days of dinosaurs, feudal Japan, a pirate ship, & a futuristic city, no doubt influenced by the game, but beyond that, there's little taken from it. It's an awesome mini-series just the same, definitely worth checking out. The Nick series is going to have it's own time travel arc soon enough, but it would seem they're going the Mirage route with it, as did the 4kids series.

I always thought doing a season of time travel based on TiT would have made a lot more sense in place of the European vacation season the old toon did. But alas, what's done is done.

(I don't read fan-fiction so I've got nothing to offer on that front, but I figured I'd respond to your other points anyway. Good luck with your story, if you do it.)
If the Nick series does a Turtles in Time like episode, I would love to see a version of the Future Shark Trilogy story done in it. Where we see the Turtles meeting there future selves and going 100 years into the future.

BubblyShell22
03-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Although I don't remember the game itself, I do think this would be a good idea, and I'll be eager to read your story.

ZariusTwo
03-06-2015, 07:47 AM
I've always wanted to see this tackled as an episode. Write away and let's see where it takes you

GoldMutant
03-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Alright guys, it's almost done at this point. I primarily need to write part 2. (I skipped over it in favor of 3 and 4, aw well :roll:)

Anyways, it'll most likely be done by tomorrow and if not, it'll be done by the end of next week. Should I post it in the Nick discussion I did for this as well as my intro page? I don't want to cause a spam and become an annoyance.

BubblyShell22
03-07-2015, 03:52 PM
I think posting it here in Fan Works Discussion is better as that's where things like this need to be.

TigerClaw
03-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Turtles in Time would be something, I would love to see the Nick show do at some point.

Imagine a full season, Or half a season, of the Turtles going to different time periods, and at the end, End up in the future.

slomo
03-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Hi,
i think the idea is great! A Episode full of beat em up action!

GoldMutant
03-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Guys, I'm still working on part 2 and hope to be done before March concludes. I'm sorry for being quiet on the project, school has distracted me, but it's almost set though. For now, here's a sneak preview with both the synopsis and part 1. Most likely by the 30th it's done, but have a look. :tcool:

The title will be this: Legacy

Synopsis: With a new piece of technology within the Shredder’s hands, the Turtles must engage a difficult battle to stop their nemesis and prevent the timeline from being destroyed.

Legacy Part 1:
Opening up with flashbacks to his defeats, Shredder has become greatly furious at his hench mutants for constantly failing him. At this point, the Turtles have reclaimed New York and have brought Karai back into her real family, unmutated. (this could change depending on the show goes) His anger and ignorance has greatly consumed him into a dangerous human being. With little left, he only has his army as well as Rahzar and Tiger Claw. (Baxter, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Fishface are gone from the army) He laments if there is a way to undo his previous defeats when Rahzar brings up Stockman .(Stinkman) Upon hearing this, Shredder orders for the capture of the scientist. (cue to the intro)

Meanwhile, the Turtles are doing their usual patrol, basking in the triumph of their victory. All has become at peace within New York with the Kraang sent back to Dimension X for good and the Foot banished. However, during the patrol, they encounter some MOUSERS, encountering Baxter Stockman once more who has created a new piece of tech utilizing Kraang technology. However, they hear yelling going on in Stockman's lab. Though they are enemies, the Turtles realize he's in trouble and enter, finding the Foot Clan. The Turtles engage in combat against the Foot Clan once again and are able to overcome all of the forces. However, they are ambushed by Shredder and his allies from behind. Knocked out, they wake to find that Baxter is gone and are forced to return to the lair. (commercial break 1 of 2 in this part)

Shocked over what happens, the group attempts to figure out what happened. Donnie wonders why they would go after Stockman again. Suddenly, Renet appears to her allies, revealing of the device that was created. She then explains what will happen: if the Foot Clan messes with the past, this will destroy the present. At first, it might not seem like a worry, but they realize it will put Splinter in peril as Shredder will not rest until his former childhood friend is put to death. If this were to happen, this lead to the Turtles no longer existing as they won't come into contact with the mutagen and the Kraang would even take over the planet.

Leo, Raph, Don and Mikey realize this will be their ultimate mission: Attack the Foot Clan's base to prevent Shredder from using it. They prepare for battle, leaving behind Casey, April, Splinter, and Karai so they aren't put in peril. Taking up either the Turtle Blimp or Party Wagon, they head off to Shredder's lair for combat. As they exit, one of Donnie's devices notices a powerful energy signature going off. (second break)

Meanwhile, at Shredder’s hideout, Shredder forces Baxter to complete the machine or risk his life similar to getting mutated for his failures. Upon arrival, Tiger Claw, Rahzar, and many Foot Soldiers show up to prevent the Turtles from entering. Raphael and Mikey stay behind to combat the group while Leo and Donnie head forth to prevent the machine's usage. Leo and Saki have a brief duel while Donatello attempts to stop Stockman from completing the machine. Another “Monster of Doom” appears, distracting Donnie from reaching the scientist in time. The distraction proves fatal as the portal is then complete, where Shredder and a number of Foot Soldiers/Bots go through it. (He also shoves aside Baxter and lets him go) Determined to put him down permanently, Leo jumps into the portal as well, with his brothers forced to go through too to help him out. (Raphael throws a shuriken at the machine to prevent any other soldiers and the villains from entering)

The Turtles then land in a peaceful-like landscape, unsure of where they are. Suddenly, they hear voices coming from up head and proceed to hide to prevent their cover from being blown. A young man and woman, both in their late twenties or early thirties come up as happy as can be, sharing a brief moment together. Suddenly, another man comes up and tells them to hurry up. After they leave, Mikey states they look extremely familiar. Upon stating this, Leo remembers the picture that Splinter has, showing him with the baby Karai and Tang Shen. Realizing this, the Turtles learn they are back where everything started: Japan (end of part 1)