PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Splitting the "General TMNT Discussion" forum in two?

neatoman
03-02-2015, 03:17 PM
So it might have made sense fifteen years ago to not make the distinction between general discussions about TMNT and discussions about the Fred Wolf series but does it still make sense?

I've only been a member for less than a year so I can't really judge how it was years ago but it seems bizarre and impractical to me. In a thread I started I asked a question I believed to be pretty general, "What was the Turtle laird intended for?", but some members believed that I was merely refering to the FW Turtle lair.

So I'm requesting a split, one forum for general discussions about the TMNT franchise (shared story elements, commonly used characters, predictions about the future projects etc) and one strictly for discussion about the Fred Wolf series.

Autbot_Benz
03-02-2015, 04:45 PM
I agree the Nick show gets its own sub forum and the 2k3 gets its own subform why not the OG cartoon.

Powder
03-02-2015, 05:24 PM
I disagree. Neither the OT or general turtle stuff generates enough discussion to warrant their own sections. They blend together well & always have.

Cure
03-02-2015, 06:01 PM
I agree with Powder's disagreement.

TigerClaw
03-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Yeah, It shouldn't be split into 2 because, the General section applies to TMNT pop culture in general, Which also includes the Fred Wolf series.

Redeemer
03-02-2015, 07:17 PM
I disagree. Neither the OT or general turtle stuff generates enough discussion to warrant their own sections. They blend together well & always have.

I think eventually the 4KIDS section will have to be merged with the general section bc of how dead that sub-section can be at times.
Yeah, It shouldn't be split into 2 because, the General section applies to TMNT pop culture in general, Which also includes the Fred Wolf series.

Very good point.

Netkeeper
03-02-2015, 09:28 PM
I think eventually the 4KIDS section will have to be merged with the general section bc of how dead that sub-section can be at times.
Um, how about no.

CyberCubed
03-03-2015, 12:21 AM
Since the original cartoon ended in 1996 and most people have watched through their DVD sets by now there really isn't much more discussion to go on about it...unless some people are watching it for the first time. The few topics we get about the original toon nowadays are once in a blue moon and I'm usually the one who starts them.

A cartoon that ended back in 1996, nearly 20 years ago now, doesn't need its own section. The 4kids section doesn't have much activity either because the series ended years ago.

Jephael
03-03-2015, 09:57 AM
I gotta admit, I'm a little on the fence about this idea. I mean it'd be kinda nice to see the original cartoon have its own section, especially considering the guys behind this site happen to be big fans of it. On the other hand why fix what isn't broke?