PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Please ban goodfellaray.

Mew
03-05-2015, 01:46 PM
This dude has been harassing me since I posted on his page. This is what I posted:
Bill Cosby!
:O
And I got a reply saying something like this: Spoilers because its inappropriate.
About me liking the idea of being raped while unconscious, because I like Bill Cosby!
So I reported it and DarthRaphael has deleted it, but he is being a jerk. This has happened 2 times. So, I'll link 'ya to our conversation, and tell me what you think.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/converse.php?u=11931&u2=15203

Candy Kappa
03-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Why did you write "Bill Cosby" on his wall?

Venom
03-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Here's a better idea: stop randomly posting nonsensical stuff on strangers' walls.

If you wish to engage them, try leading with a question or a comment regarding something remarkable you noticed about their profile or posts.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Man, it's getting edgy around here... first everybody's screaming for "shredder orokusaki" to be banned just because he's a bit of a goofball, now we want this other dude banned for reasons I don't understand...

Two questions, Your Honor, before I step down:

#1. Is this or is this not a free country and a free internet where we can be freely obnoxious and/or freely ignored?

#2. When is one of you gonna ask to ban CyberCubed? 'Cause that guy seems to push everybody's buttons... :tlol:

Sofistocat
03-05-2015, 02:39 PM
I have to chime in here because you also posted some random comment on my page as well. Here's a real quick easy way to mitigate the bickering, don't troll post to other members pages and you won't have a problem.

I had to look up what "Derp Herp" was because I had no idea. The first few results on google showed that a "derp" was derogatory, and I take offense. I don't know why you did what you did, but you need to can the antics. I don't know who you are and I would like you to remove the post from my page and I will report it if you can't. My homepage is not for random graffiti tags, end of story.

To be honest who cares whether someone likes Bill Cosby? They have just as much a right to like them as you do you disagree. It's a free country and you needn't try to suppress opinions you disagree with. Live and let live sir/ma'am!!!

EDIT:

#1. Is this or is this not a free country and a free internet where we can be freely obnoxious and/or freely ignored?

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I would like to point out that the freedom to be ignorant and presume you can say what you want to who you want when you want should be heeded by a little more respect then most people give the notion. It's a free world, but I can't for the life of me figure out what can be attained by being a protagonist of this nature. It's uncalled for and these sorts of actions are the reason so many people hate Social Media, myself partially included. Us older individuals were raised to respect each other and abide by the golden rule, a heritage seldom acknowledged by some of the younger populous. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. Don't presume you have the right(and I'm not directing any of this at you, more so the community) to be abrasive, callous, obnoxious, or any other descriptive word for an A**Hole because you think you have the "RIGHT". That's not what Freedom of speech is about and it's been twisted by those who want to feel the entitlement they can say anything without consequence.

Interestingly enough, Kurt Schilling just got done dealing with this amoral BS and I couldn't agree with his actions more. And admittedly I am not a BoSox fan and am more a fan of their rivals... Doesn't mean I'm gonna be a jerk and say some rude A** stuff on his twitter because he was proud of his daughter. I find it funny and sad that some of those who got in trouble over that mess were going to the same community college I went to years ago. My how things have changed. People hide behind the internet with their words and would get their teeth knocked out spitting their BS in the real world.

Rant done. Apologies all. Feeling old and completely out of touch with society... :(

Lethal Lullaby
03-05-2015, 02:50 PM
http://s10.postimg.org/p52z7d6ll/Screenshot_2015_03_05_13_46_42.png
... kay. I don't see the problem. Unless both you guys deleted the messages.

Venom
03-05-2015, 02:54 PM
I removed them.

Man, it's getting edgy around here... first everybody's screaming for "shredder orokusaki" to be banned just because he's a bit of a goofball, now we want this other dude banned for reasons I don't understand...

#2. When is one of you gonna ask to ban CyberCubed? 'Cause that guy seems to push everybody's buttons... :tlol:

1. The web itself is free, but the domain is the property of the owners, hence internet forums being a sort of democratic dictatorship, heh.

2. That question is pretty much the motto for the place!

In all honesty, while Cubed can grate on folks, he does contribute topics of conversation and always remains congenial in spite of open mockery at times.

Autbot_Benz
03-05-2015, 03:03 PM
I agree with everyone else don't post random crap on people's walls its annoying.

Peanut
03-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Stop spamming the forum and maybe fewer people would dislike you.

pennydreadful
03-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Dude, if you have a problem, take it to PM or speak to a mod about it privately.

A thread was made about shredder orokosaki because he's annoying multiple forum members with his posts. That doesn't mean that you can make a thread asking for people to be banned just because you had a tiff with them - all that does is turn a small thing into a great big spectacle.

Mew
03-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Stop spamming the forum and maybe fewer people would dislike you.
Alright. Its not spamming, though.

BubblyShell22
03-05-2015, 04:13 PM
But it is if you're randomly just posting stuff on people's walls. I mean, if you go to their wall and ask, "Hey, how are you?" that's not spamming as you've had conversations with me that have been fine. But when you're just randomly going to people's walls and saying random things that people don't understand instead of having a real conversation with them, then that's spamming.

STORMSHADOW__210
03-05-2015, 04:14 PM
I just recently returned after taking a year and a half break due to bumping heads with a few here. The lure of the bay movie and nick tmnt plus games brought me back. I just ignore them 110% now. Not worth the stress. At the end of the day, there are jerks everywhere. I just come to talk tmnt and leave it at that.

Mew
03-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Fine. I am not spam though. I'll try not to do that crap anymore. I didn't mean it to be seen like that. I'm sorry. I'll stop all of randomly messaging people.

pennydreadful
03-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Look, not for nothing, but the 'drome is a bit of a rough place at times. And I appreciate that it would have to be hard for you being so much younger than the majority of the other members here.

Have you ever checked in on the official Nickelodeon Turtles messageboard? http://www.nick.com/message-boards/viewforum.php?f=139

It's a younger crowd with a lighter atmosphere - lord knows that we can be a bit of a crusty old bunch 'round here.

Mew
03-05-2015, 04:29 PM
No, I can't join. My Wii U's Internet browser is screwy when I get on it.

Jester
03-05-2015, 04:33 PM
I really wonder if the "I'm 'this many!'" post early on was a way to skirt some responsibility for his shenanigans. I mean, Snake's not much older and he's seldom a problem.

Mayhem
03-05-2015, 04:45 PM
No, not really.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/free_speech.png

pennydreadful
03-05-2015, 04:51 PM
I really wonder if the "I'm 'this many!'" post early on was a way to skirt some responsibility for his shenanigans. I mean, Snake's not much older and he's seldom a problem.

Snake's more mature than a fair chunk of the "adults" 'round here.

Nameless
03-05-2015, 06:08 PM
No, not really.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/free_speech.png

this maybe my favourite post ever

you can say that again.

back to the topic at hand, my question is, What did you expect to happen?... he would reply back positive?

and honestly with Bill Cosby's reputation and this forums members being how they are, that response seems about what i would expect.

Netkeeper
03-05-2015, 06:20 PM
now we want this other dude banned for reasons I don't understand...
Despite the irritating nature of Meow's original post, Ray's response was still way out of line and very inappropriate.

1: Not everyone is in the US on the internet.
2: Forums are a dictatorship.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-05-2015, 06:39 PM
I know you're just trying to make friends, Mew, but c'mon. It's annoying when you leave random messages on people's walls.

If you don't have anything to say just don't say anything at all... or at least think of something of substance to say like, "Nice sig!" "I liked your new thread!" etc.

Honestly I don't care about what goodfella said. Even if he said a jerky thing, there's no reason to demand his banning. What did you expect goodfella to say about Bill Cosby when he's a figure of controversy right now? I daresay you were essentially asking for a response like that. :ohwell:

I'm not trying to be mean - you're a nice member and it's great you're making an effort to be a strong part of the community here. But maybe this will teach you the lesson that not everyone enjoys having random stuff being posted on their walls, and I imagine a lot of the time you do that people are being polite when they don't tell you to shove off.

You bet!

pennydreadful
03-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Gotta be honest here - if someone wrote the name of a rapist on my wall for no reason whatsoever, I'd get really sh*tty about it too. I probably wouldn't respond the way 'ray did, but I'd still be annoyed.

Stuff like this is why I've disabled my wall for anyone who's not on my contacts - internet anonymity seems to make people act in ways that they wouldn't IRL and really, who needs it?

Some people just want to come here and talk Turtles without getting drawn into the drama that is inevitable in online communities. And sometimes people have personal things going on in their lives and they're less able to deal with day-to-day irritations than they might be otherwise. You need to take responsibility for your own behavior, not blame other people for feeling a certain way about it.

CyberCubed
03-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Isn't MewMeow only 11 years old? He's a kid, way too young to be on this forum. He probably should take a break from the internet.

I thought you had to be at least 13 to register here anyway.

Netkeeper
03-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Isn't MewMeow only 11 years old? He's a kid, way too young to be on this forum. He probably should take a break from the internet.

I thought you had to be at least 13 to register here anyway.
Agreed. I honestly feel that those under 13 shoudn't be using the internet for any social activity.

goodfellaray
03-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Funny. When MeMeow said I needed to banned, I didn't think he'd actually resort to starting a thread based on messages we had between our profiles. But given his age, it all makes sense.

Look, I'm a nobody here. I come here to see people's collections, and read about any news regarding TMNT figures. That's it. I don't go around poking at people, go out of my way to spam user's profiles, or any such thing, and I don't appreciate it being done to me. I already dislike that nasty old sack that is Bill Cosby, so that, coupled with MewMeow's randomness just annoyed the **** out of me.

Glad to see the majority of you share the same sentiment as I do regarding the spamming of profiles.

Netkeeper
03-05-2015, 09:11 PM
But do refrain from being inappropriate in your responses. You can quietly delete messages on your profile that you don't want on there.

goodfellaray
03-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Thank you, Mr. Moderator. I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

Netkeeper
03-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Ohh no no no no, I'm no moderator. :lol:

Jester
03-06-2015, 12:45 AM
Point taken.

MikeandRaph87
03-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Thank you, Mr. Moderator. I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

Its actually a soft delete. The message will diappear and only have who had posted the message wwhile the message itself will go away. A moderator has to hard delete the message.

Between him and orokusaki_shredder its easy to ignore. There are worse people that actually intend to offend fellow posters and nothing but a slap on the wrist happens. These two don't need anything but questioning maturity.

snake
03-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Can't believe I missed this.

Amaranthus
03-23-2015, 01:09 PM
MewMeow joined later than me and has like double the amount of posts I have.
On some forums we call this sh*tposting.
:)
Also, I agree with other people, quit posting your brain-farts on other people's walls.
You did this with me and when I asked you to stop you replied with "Whatever man, I don't care" and did the exact same thing later.
To me you just look like a fat autistic kid with no social life.

Amaranthus
03-23-2015, 01:59 PM
lmao, this is hilarious.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/converse.php?u=15203&u2=7527
Poor Slade.

Mew
03-23-2015, 04:39 PM
lmao, this is hilarious.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/converse.php?u=15203&u2=7527
Poor Slade.
Was there a need to start this thread up again?
No. So stop being an ignorant moron. So stop. No need, just stop already.

pennydreadful
03-23-2015, 05:35 PM
If you two kids can't play nicely together, you'll both be sent to your rooms.

Nameless
03-23-2015, 05:50 PM
this isn't going to end well... question is will it get locked like the other please ban threads before it goes south...