PDA

View Full Version : Avengers vs JLA: Earths best line of defence

The Turtle Terminator
03-08-2015, 04:53 PM
If they were real, who do you think would truly be the best for the title "Earth Mightiest Heroes", the Avengers or the Justice League of America?

I'm going full on Marvel fanboy for the Avengers!

P.S- This isn't JLA vs Avengers battle. This is best overall, not who'd win the fight

Mew
03-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Avengers, obviously. Hulk could kill all of them.

Jester
03-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Justice League, obviously. Superman could kill all of them.
Fixed that for ya.

Mew
03-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Fixed that for ya.
You mother of Meow!
Hulk is way more powerful.

Allio
03-08-2015, 05:09 PM
While strength is debatable, Superman beats Hulk in all other categories

snake
03-08-2015, 05:49 PM
You mother of Meow!
Hulk is way more powerful.

Yeah. Okay. Just because he punched galactus doesn't mean he can kill superman or the flash.

In fact, the flash can probably take out all the avengers. JLA better protectors confirmed.

Jester
03-08-2015, 05:50 PM
In fact, the flash can probably take out all the avengers. JLA better protectors confirmed.
Avengers do have Quicksilver though....

snake
03-08-2015, 05:56 PM

Quicksilver can't run into the future, can he?

Jester
03-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Not sure if he's ever tried....:P

Flash did accidentally run himself into the Marvel universe once, though....

snake
03-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Not sure if he's ever tried....:P

Flash did accidentally run himself into the Marvel universe once, though....

Really? I think I heard that before. I have a decent sized flash comic collection, with him being my favorite DC character.

Mutant Ninja Anole
03-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Yeah, practically speaking, Superman decides this by himself. In addition to having Wonder Woman as a warrior capable of fighting Superman, Mr "Prepared for anything" himself in Batman, a man who rules over 2/3 of the earth's surface and can command its entire wildlife, Martian Manhunter, whose strength, shapeshifting and phasing, and telethapy make him arguably stronger than Superman, and Flash, whose powers when logically applied are honestly an "instant win button." He can go into the future, throw punches at speeds powerful enough to hurt Superman, etc. It's been awhile, but my understanding was that Quicksilver goes 'only' to the speed of sound. When they fought in Marvel vs DC, it was pretty clear Flash completely outclassed him.

Now whether the Avengers or the JLA saving earth makes a better story, that's another question.

Slade
03-08-2015, 06:33 PM

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac134/kaleltheking/C55881FE-D22D-46C2-92F4-67185DBCACD9.jpg (http://s893.photobucket.com/user/kaleltheking/media/C55881FE-D22D-46C2-92F4-67185DBCACD9.jpg.html)

Quicksilver ain't close to Flash's level.

By the way. JLA takes this.

Jester
03-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Quasar: Reborn to Run
In the Marvel series Quasar, the Marvel Universe speedsters are facing off in a race between the Earth and the Moon that has been set up by a being called the Runner, member of a race called the Elders. During the race a surge of energy hits the track, and leaves behind a blonde man who is dressed in the tattered remains of a red outfit with yellow boots. He retains no memory of how he got there or who he was before arriving on the track, but has a great desire to run. He does so, winning the race easily despite competition from some of Marvel's fastest speedsters. After the race is concluded he is asked for his name, but can only recall that it was something along the lines of "Buried Alien". He takes the name Fast-Forward, and soon disappears, vanishing into the universe in the hope of aiding Makkari, who was stuck at hyper speed.
Here it be.

snake
03-08-2015, 06:47 PM
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac134/kaleltheking/C55881FE-D22D-46C2-92F4-67185DBCACD9.jpg (http://s893.photobucket.com/user/kaleltheking/media/C55881FE-D22D-46C2-92F4-67185DBCACD9.jpg.html)

Quicksilver ain't close to Flash's level.

By the way. JLA takes this.

Haha. I was gonna post that, but I couldn't find it.

turtlefanforever
03-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Avengers all day even though they are made up of mainly mortal super heros where as JLA is all super beings for the most part. Hulk one on one DESTROYS superman. If doomsday can do it without kryptonite hulk certainly does. idc about those comics that made hulk out to be a bad guy so superman can defeat him. Realistically Hulk murders superman. That takes out their most powerful guy. The only people on the avengers batman can beat is hawkeye or black widow, but ironman, thor, captain America, ect. murks him.

ps even if you put marvels best against DC's best not even people who have been on the JL and Avengers Marvel wins that too.

Mew
03-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Avengers all day even though they are made up of mainly mortal super heros where as JLA is all super beings for the most part. Hulk one on one DESTROYS superman. If doomsday can do it without kryptonite hulk certainly does. idc about those comics that made hulk out to be a bad guy so superman can defeat him. Realistically Hulk murders superman. That takes out their most powerful guy. The only people on the avengers batman can beat is hawkeye or black widow, but ironman, thor, captain America, ect. murks him.

ps even if you put marvels best against DC's best not even people who have been on the JL and Avengers Marvel wins that too.
Yes. Well if Hawkeye runs out of arrows, then BatMan can beat him.

BabyTurtles
03-10-2015, 09:36 PM
I say JLA.......They just seem more powerful.

Superman alone is WAY over-powered. I mean couldn't he just drag Hulk into space and leave him there.

....can Hulk breathe in space??......and if he can...how would he get back on Earth?? XD

TurtleTitan97
03-10-2015, 11:07 PM

My Quicksilver knowledge is somewhat limited, but as far as I'm aware....no, he can't.

Flash is obviously more faster due to his connection with the Speed Force. The fact that he can travel fast enough through time is proof of that considering Pietro has never demonstrated this ability.

Allio
03-11-2015, 05:43 PM
but does marvel have anyone as adorable as lian harper?
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100514203414/marvel_dc/images/f/f0/Lian_Harper_003.jpg

FoxBoxKid
03-12-2015, 12:31 AM
Well, I think it depends on the lineup. The Avengers lineup is definitely changes a lot more. I love Marvel, but I also really like DC. The Justice League has Superman and Batman, DC's best characters, but the Avengers generally don't have Marvel's best character, Spider-Man. Captain America is my 2nd favorite superhero of all time, after Spidey, but most of the other Avengers are down the list after a bunch other characters, and the other members of the League are even further down the list. Marvel's characters are great characters, but DC's are more than that. Batman and Superman are cultural icons, even if they are more inconsistently portrayed. The League is better because it has Batman AND Superman, and the only Avenger that can compete with their awesomeness is Captain America.

Slade
03-23-2015, 09:09 AM

You're trying to hard. Hulk doesn't destroy or murder Superman.

Leo656
03-23-2015, 09:40 AM
It's almost adorable when Marvel fans try and act like their guys are on the same level as Superman, Batman, etc.

I say "almost" because it's more silly than anything, but yeah, kind of cute. "Hulk could beat Superman". Hah. That's rich. He could probably smack Tom Welling around for a bit, but otherwise, hah, no.

Cue someone saying, "Well, all DC's characters are over-powered", and, "Marvel's are more down-to-Earth and realistic" (and what a laugh and a half THAT assertion is!). But yeah, JLA by a mile, to anyone with a lick of sense.