PDA

View Full Version : DC Introduce "All New Batman" In June

ZariusTwo
03-10-2015, 11:14 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EkCYIHUU2DE/VP7tDa2yynI/AAAAAAAAXg0/WLz5A-HIPXk/s1600/BG-41-fe726.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=116461

We're trying to out-90 the 90s again...

This seems like a blend of Marvel's two "Superior" themed books which involved Spider-Man and Iron Man. Notice there are Joker variants for these books? Could The Joker be about to become Batman?

CyberCubed
03-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Looks like one of the Batman action figures from the 90's toyline. Robot-armor Batman with deluxe firing missile action!

Bry
03-10-2015, 04:55 PM
AzBats is baaaaack!

https://houseofgeekery.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/azrael.jpg

If this were from anyone other than Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo I might be worried. But their track record on Batman is incredible. If anyone's able to salvage that whole concept it's gonna be them.

ZariusTwo
03-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Superman and Wonder Woman will also be updating their looks in June.

Supes will be going backwards slightly, re-adapting his look from the begining of the New 52 under Grant Morrison, only the logo is now changed to the iconic Fleischer logo

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/144/533/original/BMSM_Cv21_R1.jpg

snake
03-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Eh.

10characters

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Eh.

10characters

Double "eh". (12 characters.) :twink:

Candy Kappa
03-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Yeaaaahhhh..... Not. A. Fan.

CyberCubed
03-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Superman looks like he's joining the Army.

snake
03-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Supes looks generic
Bats looks......that
Barry looks overdesigned
Wondy looks overdesigned
Ollie looks the best

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-12-2015, 03:16 PM
G.I. Clark Kent signing up for Robo-Batman Boot Camp. Ah... DC, what drugs are your editorial staff on!? :trolleye:

Seriously, Red Hood & the Outlaws and Suicide Squad both suck and should be AWESOME. Those are the two books I'd be most interested in reading IF they weren't such cluster-fraks.

Scott Snyder's Batman has been awesome... but Robo-Energizer-Bats?

I remain exceptionally skeptical, but I will wait and see. His major New 52 arcs have been great, except for the Zero Year stuff, which honestly didn't interest me.

Leo656
03-15-2015, 05:54 PM
Sometimes I feel guilty/sad that I was an obsessive comics fan for most of my life, and about 4 years ago I had to completely quit due to financial reasons. For most of my life, not being an active "participant" is something I could never even imagine.

Then five seconds later everything got sh*tty, so apparently fate was trying to tell me something. Every time I check back in to see what's been going on, I'm further relieved to see that not only am I not missing anything, I actually feel bad for the people who ARE spending money on this stuff.

F*cking tragic.

Brodie
03-15-2015, 09:04 PM
Sometimes I feel guilty/sad that I was an obsessive comics fan for most of my life, and about 4 years ago I had to completely quit due to financial reasons. For most of my life, not being an active "participant" is something I could never even imagine.

Then five seconds later everything got sh*tty, so apparently fate was trying to tell me something. Every time I check back in to see what's been going on, I'm further relieved to see that not only am I not missing anything, I actually feel bad for the people who ARE spending money on this stuff.

F*cking tragic.

You're doing yourself a disservice by assuming the current Batman stuff is "tragic." And feeling bad for people spending money on it.

A lot of the New 52 is not good. Some of it is awesome.

Like previously mentioned, Snyder & Capullo's Batman run has been stellar. Doing some of the most interesting things done with the Bat-family in a long time, and Capullo has easily become my favorite Batman artist.

So, don't assume **** is "tragic" because of this flash in the pan stuff that's upcoming. Will this new stuff be bad? Who knows. People assumed all of the New 52 would be horrible, but there's a lot of gems in the mix--Snyder/Capullo Batman being the primary, and the Flash book being another fun book in there with phenomenal art (coming from someone who was a firm supporter of Wally West and not giving two ***** about Barry Allen).

EDIT: Just to add to other sentiments...The rob-bat looks terrible. Give me Thrasher Suit Batman any day.

http://www.actionfigurefury.com/wp-content/uploads/batman_8_capullo_head40121.jpg

snake
03-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Thrasher Bats was so cool. I need to pick up his action figure already.

Leo656
03-16-2015, 02:27 AM
I'll concede that the (admittedly) very small bit of Batman I've seen hasn't been too bad/different. But I've yet to see/read anything that justifies the New 52 experiment as a whole. And so long as Damien exists, me and Batman have absolutely nothing to talk about, anyway.

When the trend of "shaking things up" and "being new and different for new and different's sake" is over, and they get back to "just" telling stories and respecting their history, maybe I'll have time and money for them again. Not holding my breath.

It's no big deal; the powers-that-be at DC have been fairly vocal that it's best for their current business if readers like me just go away, anyway. So it's win/win; I've got my mountains of back issues, and they've got their Marvel readers who suddenly "like" Superman because he's angsty and kills people sometimes, and we can both just keep on ignoring each other. But man, that's never something I wanted.

What's "tragic" is that there are more than a few people like me, people who 5 years ago were buying about 80% of DC's output consistently, suddenly being told plainly, consistently, "We don't care what you think, move along." Whether you like the new stuff or not, that's not really even the point. The point is, it's a real shame that as a company they're so openly dismissive of their old audience at the expense of trying to build a "younger, hipper" new one.

ZariusTwo
03-16-2015, 06:52 AM
I've not quite taken to Synder, although I will concede he is successful and he is doing massively interesting things with Bruce and his supporting cast...and he's redefined The Joker in ways that would make even Morrison and Moore blush.

Batgirl ended up being delightful despite my earlier reservations, the art is adorable and the characters are very lovable and have a lot of energy and spice. I would recommend picking that up sometime Leo. New 52 Babs's creative team are actually working on readjusting her New 52 origins to make her more distinctive from how she was handled at the start.

Superman's books are usually pretty good, Action Comics Gregg Pack works wonders with whatever direction DC goes in and manages to deliver a fun and engaging book that covers a variety of different and unique scenarios for Superman, and makes great use of Lana Lang.

I'm not so keen on Superman and Diana's relationship, especially since DC have constantly bragged about how it will eventually turn toxic so there's no point in reading anything that builds to the break-up, but Superman/Wonder Woman is'nt a bad read either. My favorite book for a while from DC remained Smallville, but sadly that has ended.

Catwoman is a fantastic read also., as is Flash.

Damien I would not have minded being back...but they gave him fudging superpowers. Blech.

I'm still reading more from DC than Marvel, and that's always a good thing.

Slade
03-23-2015, 04:22 PM
I can't get behind the looks....I have to think either they won't last or they won't be main story line. Cus that sh*ts whack as f*ck!!

Leo656
03-23-2015, 09:28 PM
That's another thing I hate about this New 52 gimmick; everyone's already had like 5 costume changes. All terrible. And like, yeah, "It's temporary", it's always F'n temporary, and it's always equally pointless. Always reeks of desperation, but they're seriously over-doing it.

Must be a post-Flashpoint "side effect"; when Barry re-set the timeline, he accidentally brought 1993 back to vomit all over the present day. I'm a little out of the loop; did they bring back hologram covers yet? Or foil? You just know it's on the list. :lol:

Slade
03-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Sure did. The villains had a run in the Batman books with hologram covers.

CyberCubed
03-24-2015, 01:59 PM
I think one of the Harley comics also had those "scratch and sniff" covers. You know the ones where you scratch and they smell like bubblegum or candy or something. :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-24-2015, 02:11 PM
I think one of the Harley comics also had those "scratch and sniff" covers. You know the ones where you scratch and they smell like bubblegum or candy or something. :lol:

Except it wasn't bubblegum or candy! :tlol:

Leo656
03-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Chromium. Chromium covers need to come back in a big, big way.

And those tear-out "trading cards" that you're "not supposed" to tear out because it ruins the "collectible" value. :lol:

We already have clumsy retcons, crummy new costumes, "edgier" personas, and Rob Liefeld. If we're gonna dredge up every awful thing that comics spent 20 years trying to bury and get away from, we need to commit to it 110%. :lol:

CyberCubed
03-24-2015, 08:37 PM
Don't forget those "cut-out" posters comics would have, but if you tore them out you would lose one of the story pages because the idiots printed them on the other side of the page.

When I was a teenager I had posters all over my bedroom, I was always sad to tear it out of my comics though.

Leo656
03-24-2015, 08:43 PM
What books were you readin'? DC and NOW comics, which were my favorites as a kid, always made sure that the "back side" of the poster/pin-ups were always something unimportant. Like when DC did the "Four Supermen" gimmick when he came back from the dead, each of the posters just had a solid black background with the character's name in giant white block letters on the reverse side. Or in the Real Ghostbusters comics, every issue had a pin-up, but the flip side was always just junk like fan-art by 5-year olds or little kids doing cosplay.

Also: Anyone remember NOW comics? I used to collect that entire line. Good stuff.

snake
03-24-2015, 08:57 PM
I want Glow In The Dark covers back.

Leo656
03-24-2015, 09:07 PM
I wonder how much my mint polybagged collectible copy of Radioactive Man #1 with the glow-in-the-dark cover is worth now!

I think I saw a stack of 5 or 6 of 'em in a dollar bin a few months ago. :lol:

Meanwhile, when my Dad passed away I inherited his comic collection, which is full of that kind of stuff. There's a big stack of Spawn #1s and stuff. I'm thinking of buying a handful more and making a little fort.

Slade
03-24-2015, 11:10 PM
I want Glow In The Dark covers back.

You know, sometimes, I wonder how old you really are.

Leo656
03-24-2015, 11:24 PM
We have no solid proof he's 13. We also have no solid proof that he does NOT have access to a time machine, along with an obsession with early-90s junk culture.

So, simply put, there's a lot we don't know.

CyberCubed
03-25-2015, 12:17 AM
I always wondered what would happen if you call the phone lines of ancient comic books printed on the advertisement pages from the 80's and 90's and see if the phone connection still exists.

Leo656
03-25-2015, 12:24 AM
When I was like 5 I used to try and fill out the old subscription cards and order forms and stuff. I really wanted that effin' submarine.

CyberCubed
03-25-2015, 04:23 PM
I actually didn't collect many comics as a kid. First of all I was only like 10 years old in 1995 so the few comics I got were mostly TMNT Archie Adventures at that time.

I did try to get into DC/Marvel during the early 2000's but then stopped rather quickly when I realized there was no way in hell I could follow the continuity going on at the time or follow 100 different comic titles at the same time. There were like what...10 different Batman books going on at the same time? The hell with that. Same for a lot of X-men and Marvel stuff.

Nowadays I just prefer to read summaries online just to keep up with what's going on. I mean what's the point really? Comics are designed to run forever, everyone knows 5-10 years from now there will be yet another reboot that starts all over again rendering everything non-canon, and so on and so forth.

I honestly feel sorry for Star Wars fans who followed the Dark Horse comics since the 90's up till 2014 and then had the whole Expanded Universe thrown out the window just to start all over again.

Leo656
03-25-2015, 05:25 PM
It's not like they can't still read them and, in their head, "pretend" that it's still "canon". That whole thing is stupid. "It doesn't 'count' anymore." IT'S ALL FAKE, none of it "counted" to begin with. You don't need an editor to grant you "permission" to read or enjoy a fictional story. If someone who reads "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" and enjoys it prefers to think of that as "canon" to the Star Wars universe, then to them, it is, no matter what the movies do to "contradict" it. Lots of people choose to pretend Han still shot first, and more power to them. It's fake. Take what you like and ignore the rest. Like how I am with DC right now. To me, the "real" DCU is the one that took place from 1986 to 2011, and everything else before/after is just parallel universes. That's how I choose to enjoy the material.

For another example: you think I look at April O'Neil as a doodle brought to life by a magical crystal, just because the creator said so in the "official" book, thus it's "canon"? Hell no, that's plain stupid, and in my "canon" it never happened, no matter what Laird said. That's how people are supposed to take this stuff. Not, "Oh, no, they retconned it, I better throw out my collection". None of it matters. The stories you like "happened", and the ones you don't like, didn't.

And following "continuity" isn't at all difficult, just expensive. I can buy the "I can't buy that many books" argument but not the "It's all too complicated to understand" argument. Not wanting to invest the money or time commitment, sure. But comics are not complicated. Right before Infinite Crisis I was picking up just about everything DC put out except for maybe 7-8 books. That was pretty much the height of all the books being connected and things causing huge waves across the entire line. It wasn't at all complicated, nor was it necessary to do in order to "get" Infinite Crisis. The whole thing just plays out better if you DO do that, but you don't have to, and it's not complicated to understand either way.

Sorry, I just never understood how people can say, "I don't understand comics" as a defense for not reading them. Like they're obtuse. The constantly refer to their own backstory; I'unno how anyone could ever claim confusion.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-25-2015, 06:59 PM
I actually didn't collect many comics as a kid. First of all I was only like 10 years old in 1995 so the few comics I got were mostly TMNT Archie Adventures at that time.

I did try to get into DC/Marvel during the early 2000's but then stopped rather quickly when I realized there was no way in hell I could follow the continuity going on at the time or follow 100 different comic titles at the same time. There were like what...10 different Batman books going on at the same time? The hell with that. Same for a lot of X-men and Marvel stuff.

Nowadays I just prefer to read summaries online just to keep up with what's going on. I mean what's the point really? Comics are designed to run forever, everyone knows 5-10 years from now there will be yet another reboot that starts all over again rendering everything non-canon, and so on and so forth.

I honestly feel sorry for Star Wars fans who followed the Dark Horse comics since the 90's up till 2014 and then had the whole Expanded Universe thrown out the window just to start all over again.

You and me, both, CyberCubed... I owe my current Batman knowledge to FHIZ over at GothamSpoilers and the occasional trade paperback I borrow from my libraries.

It's not a matter of not understanding comics; I simply don't want to invest in a business model that exists only to sustain its financial lifespan rather than, first and foremost, focus on telling good stories.

That's not to say that there aren't some good comics out there; Scott Snyder has done some pretty amazing work, and the Flash art is incredible, too. But knowing that so many editorial decisions neuter writers' decisions and directions, constantly hobbling a smaller comic's progression of story or character simply to cash in and tie in to larger "event" crossovers... I just find it irritating and insulting.

Leo656
03-25-2015, 07:06 PM
It's not a matter of not understanding comics; I simply don't want to invest in a business model that exists only to sustain its financial lifespan rather than, first and foremost, focus on telling good stories.

That's silly. You "can't" watch cartoon shows or movies either, then.

Literally nothing except fanfic is "telling stories for stories' sake". Everything else is about selling product and promoting a brand.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-25-2015, 07:15 PM
That's silly. You "can't" watch cartoon shows or movies either, then.

Literally nothing except fanfic is "telling stories for stories' sake". Everything else is about selling product and promoting a brand.

You misunderstand my intent; everything is absolutely about selling a product. But how many creative compromises are you willing to make to sell more of your product?

Compare the Batman TAS product that I assume a good number of us grew up with to the current DC comic lineup. How many times did the New 52 Nightwing have a promising direction and intent (e.g. Chicago or Haly's Circus) only to be preempted by the events of the current big crossover? Whereas Batman TAS (which sold tons of coloring books and action figures) was able to build its own definitive continuity and universe while crossing over with limited impact on its own continuity (Supergirl or Superman, or Justice League).

I understand I'm in a very tiny minority in not enjoying or supporting modern comics produced by DC or Marvel. I love their characters and stories, but in my personal experience, the comics make better material for adaptation than stories themselves.

Leo656
03-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Can't really disagree with that, but I found the "telling good stories first and foremost" part kind of odd. That's completely never been anyone's motivation to begin with in any medium, from comics to movies to TV. Commercial art is business. Nobody cares about telling stories. I just found that comment a bit strange, is all.

The only problem with the rest of your logic is, the very best stories from the comics cannot and will not ever be adapted properly into other media, and even the very best stuff in other media can't come close to being as good or as deep as it was originally portrayed. So, it's fine if people don't read comics and prefer to follow the characters through other media, BUT, they'll never get to see the very best stuff from those characters, either, unless they go back to the source material. Granted, that's what trades are for nowadays, but the point still stands, the Very Best stories are always in the comics, not the cartoon or movie translations. Those versions may be simpler to get into, follow, and tell more linear stories, but they're by definition a watered-down version of the original.

You're not entirely wrong, though. And I wouldn't say you're in the minority; seems MOST people are pretty hip to the fact that DC and Marvel are just shoveling out trash nowadays to recoup the losses from stagnant sales. They never should have gone past $2.50 an issue; absolutely nothing they ever did again was going to fix that mistake. You cannot in this day and age, in this economy, under any circumstances, justify paying $3 or more for 20 pages of paper, staples, and ink. Even "respected" magazines that have been running for decades are going under. Even Playboy magazine is struggling to stay in business. So who can justify the exorbitant expense that has become collecting comic books? They killed the business by making it impossible for anyone to afford it, and now they're trying to make up their losses by promoting Big Event after Big Event. It's awful. Don't get me wrong, the business side of comics is complete and utter trash. But it wasn't always that bad. Wasn't always great, but it was never as bad as it is right now.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Can't really disagree with that, but I found the "telling good stories first and foremost" part kind of odd. That's completely never been anyone's motivation to begin with in any medium, from comics to movies to TV. Commercial art is business. Nobody cares about telling stories. I just found that comment a bit strange, is all.

The only problem with the rest of your logic is, the very best stories from the comics cannot and will not ever be adapted properly into other media, and even the very best stuff in other media can't come close to being as good or as deep as it was originally portrayed. So, it's fine if people don't read comics and prefer to follow the characters through other media, BUT, they'll never get to see the very best stuff from those characters, either, unless they go back to the source material. Granted, that's what trades are for nowadays, but the point still stands, the Very Best stories are always in the comics, not the cartoon or movie translations. Those versions may be simpler to get into, follow, and tell more linear stories, but they're by definition a watered-down version of the original.

You're not entirely wrong, though. And I wouldn't say you're in the minority; seems MOST people are pretty hip to the fact that DC and Marvel are just shoveling out trash nowadays to recoup the losses from stagnant sales. They never should have gone past $2.50 an issue; absolutely nothing they ever did again was going to fix that mistake. You cannot in this day and age, in this economy, under any circumstances, justify paying $3 or more for 20 pages of paper, staples, and ink. Even "respected" magazines that have been running for decades are going under. Even Playboy magazine is struggling to stay in business. So who can justify the exorbitant expense that has become collecting comic books? They killed the business by making it impossible for anyone to afford it, and now they're trying to make up their losses by promoting Big Event after Big Event. It's awful. Don't get me wrong, the business side of comics is complete and utter trash. But it wasn't always that bad. Wasn't always great, but it was never as bad as it is right now.

You're wrong, Leo; writers care about telling good stories first and foremost. :tsmile: And that's why they don't run everything; they have to be reined in at times to make sure they don't completely overlook the financial and marketing aspects of the business. But unfortunately, it seems that most individual writers are having less and less authority to follow their own creative intent in mainstream comics.

I have to agree with you, though; the best forms of these stories are to be found in the comics. Case in point? Iron Man 3 and the Mandarin. Or Talia al Ghul and The Dark Knight Trilogy. And to date, Jason Todd has only ever appeared in one adaptation.

The adaptations (film and TV) are supposed to be jumping-on points to reading the comics... but unfortunately, these days the comics leave much to be desired and a lot of people, of whom I can speak only for myself, have no interest in jumping on.

Leo656
03-25-2015, 08:26 PM
True story.

And yeah, I guess to some degree the writers DO care, but it's also a little naive to assume that the writers aren't 110% in line with these cross-over and "event" types stories. Maybe they get annoyed when one of them disrupts their own ongoing work, BUT, these guys got into writing comics because they wanted to write those cross-overs and "events". They grew up reading comics and playing with action figures and as grown-ups they want to get paid to do the exact same thing. Yes, "telling stories" with the characters is of importance, BUT, to some degree, they're all still just kids playing with action figures. So, they want to do those kinds of stories AND get paid well for it. And that's great. We all know that already.

I just have kind of a hair trigger when anyone implies that anyone working in a commercial industry, like comics or movies or music, is doing it purely or even MOSTLY for love or art or "love of art". When you're doing it for free, it's a passion; when you do it for money, it's a business. Just sayin'. :lol:

But yeah, I agree the writers care at least much more than their "handlers" do about whether or not the stories are any good. BUT, as long as they get paid, I'm sure 99% of them just shrug and roll with it. :)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-25-2015, 08:41 PM
True story.

And yeah, I guess to some degree the writers DO care, but it's also a little naive to assume that the writers aren't 110% in line with these cross-over and "event" types stories. Maybe they get annoyed when one of them disrupts their own ongoing work, BUT, these guys got into writing comics because they wanted to write those cross-overs and "events". They grew up reading comics and playing with action figures and as grown-ups they want to get paid to do the exact same thing. Yes, "telling stories" with the characters is of importance, BUT, to some degree, they're all still just kids playing with action figures. So, they want to do those kinds of stories AND get paid well for it. And that's great. We all know that already.

I just have kind of a hair trigger when anyone implies that anyone working in a commercial industry, like comics or movies or music, is doing it purely or even MOSTLY for love or art or "love of art". When you're doing it for free, it's a passion; when you do it for money, it's a business. Just sayin'. :lol:

But yeah, I agree the writers care at least much more than their "handlers" do about whether or not the stories are any good. BUT, as long as they get paid, I'm sure 99% of them just shrug and roll with it. :)

I'd like to think you're a little jaded with that 99%. Or maybe I'm just overly bright-eyed and optimistic, wanting to think the best of those whose ranks I someday want to join. :tlol:

Leo656
03-25-2015, 09:01 PM
Me? Jaded? Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, maaaaaaan.... :lol::lol::lol:

I'unno, I've been fortunate enough to have met and shot the sh*t with a little of everyone. People who made it to "the top" of their field in just about everything... wrestling, comics, movies, music... at some point, it always becomes Just A Job. Even at regular jobs; like, so many people I know became personal trainers to help get the world in better shape... then you realize "The World" is a shiftless blob that doesn't WANT to get in better shape if it means giving up Taco Bell and Coca-Cola, so you kind of just start cashing the check and forget about "saving" people who don't really want the help.

So, yeah, I just kind of look at how people are in general. You can both love something and do it for money, but a person can't deny that once you DO take money for it, it's no longer something you do JUST because you care about it. And I truly don't believe anyone would go back to doing something for free once they *have* been paid for it, thus, the money factor trumps the "passion" factor in importance. :)

I know that was my case. As a kid, I really wanted to work in comics. Then I found out what they got paid and was like, "Ehhh, nah". :lol: But I grew up poor, so I was always kind of averse to entering "risky" careers like comics in the first place. Also, I really only ever wanted to write Superman and Batman and stuff like that, and when I realized that's kind of a "closed party" and they don't really let too many people do that ever, I kind of lost interest. One of the writers I met back then was like, "Statistically, you'd really be more likely to spend years working on Barbie or something like that," and while I understand "paying dues" and whatnot, doing a ton of junk just to say "I wrote comics" wasn't ever something that interested me. Basically, the business as a whole just seemed like something that didn't seem as much fun as the idea of it, so I just shifted interests. Keep in mind I was like, 12. But I definitely had that idea for a few years beforehand.

I almost did something small for an indy comic a long time ago but they ended up going under. We got as far as exchanging emails about ideas, and that was it. Honestly, the way the business is at the moment, I'm surprised anyone really wants to do it, still. All you ever hear about is how miserable everyone is, at least at the Big Two. :ohwell:

ZariusTwo
03-26-2015, 01:44 PM
What killed my dream of wrting for Marvel and DC was the fact eventually somebody would just come over and retcon my work and trample all over the values I put into a character, or, worse, instruct me to write a story that would do the exact opposite of all my world building.

MutantBear
03-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Lots of characters getting new looks. Not all of them are that great. Really pointless. Batman looks like blue beetle and bugs bunny combined. Wonder Woman looks ok, like some Mortal Kombat character. Green Arrow is just terrible. Green Lantern is nice, looks like Parallax. The Flash looks the same, although he does look nice.
http://opinionatedpanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/flash-arrow-new-look-pic.jpg

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/03/gl-cv41-127275.jpg

snake
03-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Flash looks the worst with all those pointless lines. I can't wait to read robo-batman, because they CAN'T play something like that completely serious.

Bry
03-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Man. DC feels really uneven. I think they've woken up a bit and are doing some very cool/stylish things with their B/C-list, but for their core characters they won't stop going Full '90s.

CyberCubed
04-01-2015, 01:14 AM
I don't know why comics don't have a definitive end like TV shows and then start a new series with an all-new continuity. The flaw of comics is they're designed to run forever, but of course they have to keep retconning and streamlining continuity every 5-10 years for new readers anyway.

TV shows (or movie franchises) are done better because you have a show that goes on for a few years and has a concrete ending. Then they make another show a few years later that's an all new reboot with no ties to the previous. And it makes sense, it gives shows a good run and then new writers/creators do their own unique take with the characters next without worrying what came before.

Imagine if every DC or Marvel show/cartoon on TV had to be part of the same continuity? It would be an nightmare.

Sumac
04-01-2015, 09:57 AM
I don't know why comics don't have a definitive end like TV shows and then start a new series with an all-new continuity.
Money-money-money-money-money...
It's mush easier to continue one world, than market a new one. Even despite constant stream of retcons and editorial changes, which make old'verse nothing like ones before it.

ZariusTwo
04-14-2015, 10:38 AM
According to Bleeding Cool, the new Batman is

Gordon

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-14-2015, 10:57 AM
According to Bleeding Cool, the new Batman is

Gordon

Sans mustache, no less.

ZariusTwo
04-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Reckon it's synergy with the tv show?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-14-2015, 12:42 PM
Reckon it's synergy with the tv show?

Not really. I think it's more just to ramp up how much this character has changed. I mean, the character is in the Batcave, driving the Batsuit, with guns, going to town.

Might as well shave the 'stache while he's at it.

CyberCubed
04-14-2015, 04:54 PM
So where is Bruce? He's time traveling again?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-14-2015, 05:01 PM
So where is Bruce? He's time traveling again?

Perhaps he is having a midlife crisis, regretting his quasi-divorce with Talia. :tlol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Batman #41 came out today... thoughts, anyone who has read it?

He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named piloting the Robobat-bunny suit, Bruce Wayne totally dead for reals... I'm not reading this until I get some reviews that convince me I'm missing something.

ZariusTwo
06-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Kind of like how Catwoman is a reaction book to things, Selina's not about to let ghosts lie where Bruce is concerned

But yeah, I enjoyed Batman#41. Lots of good humor, be like Robocop in places, to be expected I guess. The pot shot at the Twix add below the panel we gold