PDA

View Full Version : TMNT-Captain Planet Crossover

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
03-10-2015, 01:54 PM
I would like to play something with the 1987 TMNT cartoon teaming up with Captain Planet and the Planeteers (placing them in the same Universe from the start should not be a big deal since the series are from the same time and both set in the current). The turtles and Splinter fight with their weapons, punches and kicks, and the planeteers use their magic rings (just remember from the series that their control is limited and the rings can't be used separately as long as Captain Planet shows up. It also seemed that noone else, good or bad guys and girls, could use the rings correctly).

I have now written below what this story will involve.

==Characters==
*Donatello
*Leonardo
*Michelangelo, played by MewMeow
*Raphael

*Splinter

*April O'Neil and Irma Langinstein
*Burne Thompson and Vernon Fenwick (just at Channel 6, maybe we can just mention them in the start)

*Captain Planet
*Gaia
*Kwame (African guy, Earth)
*Wheeler (Brooklyn guy, fire)
*Linka (USSR girl, wind)
*Gi (Asia girl, water)
*Mati (South America guy, heart) and his petmonkey Suchi

*Shredder
*Krang
*Bebop and Rocksteady (controlled by the same person)
*Foot soldier robots (anyone can control them)
*Rock Warriors (anyone can control them)

*Duke Nukem and henchman/henchmen (controlled by the same person)

==Rules and guidelines==
*No original characters (of course, "man on the street", "woman stuck in traffic", "girl in danger" or whatever you want are allowed, but I think you know what I mean) and no characters from other franchises
*Keep the tone as in the cartoons (which means not a lot of gore just because of the gore) and not sex (of ourse Donatello can say he thinks Irma's cute and Linka and Wheeler can say they like each other, but I think you know what I mean). Focus on the adventure instead.
*Related characters must be controlled by the same person (for example: Bebop and Rocksteady, April and Irma, an ecovillain and his-her henchmen) to make the story progress faster as the game continues (I played an RPG here with Rocksteady once some years ago and hated waiting for the person playing Bebop)
*Try to use imperfect (telling he or she did or said something or something happened, not he or she does or says something or something happens. If course, it doesn't affects the words spoken directly by the characters.)
*The story is set around the time it aired, so the popular culture references or whatever should reflect those days

*I'll start the storyteling when we've decided what it will be about, and who plays who.

Mew
03-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Michelangelo please?!

03-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Michelangelo please?!

As you can see, I've fixed that. Maybe you have an idea what such a story can involve?

03-12-2015, 09:50 AM
I finally got the idea! The play is set in January-February 1997, circa one year after both shows (but before "Turtles Forever", if it ever happened at all).

==Plot==
Krang and Shredder have just used Krang's Stone Warriors from Dimension X and Shredder's Foot soldier robots to repair the Technodrome and build an updated version, which can now also better travel on water, underwater, in the sky and space. Suddenly, a meteoroid crashes on Balaraphon, blocking all lights from the star it's orbiting to reach the planet for a long time. To get more energy, they have to get to planet Earth, and Krang wants nuclear power this time. They have some remaining energy, allowing them to still open a small portal. Meanwhile Bebop and Rocksteady return to the Technodrome, after living in the wilderness Balaraphon since late season 8, after finding a flying vehicle to carry them across the planet. Bebop and Rocksteady are able to reload the rayguns. When the story starts, the meteoroid has already crashed and Bebop and Rocksteady have returned to the Technodrome, so it's just mnetioned when Krang says they have to go to Earth.

Arriving on Earth, Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady and a group of Foot soldier robots and Rock Warriors land outside a nuclear power station somewhere in eastern Russia, not far away from the town of Vladivostok. The nuclear power station is under attack by Duke Nukem and his henchmen (who wears protective gears). Shredder asks Duke Nukem to attack the nuclear power station and use its energy to store in Krang's batteries and use them to repower the Technodrome and take it from Balaraphon to Earth. Since we all know Duke Nukem feeds on nuclear radiation, he's offered what remains. The people working at the nuclear power station signal a distresss call to SOS. Burne Thompson pays two aeroplane tickets and hotel rooms for Channel 6 and sends April and Irma from Channel 6 there to investigate.

When April goes on air, the turtles watch from New York City and head off together with Splinter in the Turtleblimp, whih Donatello has rebuilt with an indoor gondola (allowing them to travel more comfort at longer distances across the lands, seas and skies), like in the first videogame. Meanwhile on Hope Island, Gaia notices the news report and sends the Planeteers there travelling inside the Geocruiser. The turtles and the Planeteers, almost not knowing each other before (and of course, Donatello's first skeptic because Gaia's a spirit and the planeteer rings are magic, since it fights his physical world-view), must now team up and save the Earth from disaster and destruction. Because the story is set in the Russian winter, a nuclear disaster can cause the radiation to spread all across the Earth because of strong eastern winds.

Remember from the series that Captain Planet is bound to Gaia and if he goes off-Earth, his superpowers will weaken!

I'll start the storytelling.

03-14-2015, 12:55 PM
I've got another idea how to play this (it has been used here before). Instead, one person start writing, then another one continues. This means anyone can participate (as long as he or she isn't trolling, or has followed the entire storyline).

Mew
03-14-2015, 12:59 PM
"Hey Don! Don't be skeptical! She's hot", Michelangelo said to Donatello.