PDA

View Full Version : How to make an original TMNT movie

Amaranthus
03-11-2015, 10:09 AM
-Don't turn Mikey into an idiot
-Don't let them live in the sewers, sewers don't work in live-action films. Go for an abandoned water pumping station or something.
-Make Casey the first human to make the turtles instead of April. And don't make him too important.
-Don't pick Shredder as first enemy. Go with Hun and the Purple Dragons or Baxter Stockman and connect them to Shredder in a way.
-Get the turtles to actually physically harm people. Leo's swords are useless if he doesn't actually use them.

Where's my money?

neatoman
03-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Well most of that works but you're not going to get any money to make it for obvious reasons.

Amaranthus
03-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Well most of that works but you're not going to get any money to make it for obvious reasons.

Good thinking, Watson.

Slap-Happy
03-18-2015, 01:41 AM
I don't know, none of these ideas sound very original.

Leomaru
03-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Strongly agree with the last point. No money for you here though. Try kickstarter :trazz:

Amaranthus
03-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Strongly agree with the last point. No money for you here though. Try kickstarter :trazz:

The "where's my money" was a joke.
I have no interest in making a movie. I just wanted to show you can make a TMNT movie original (sort of) without drastically changing the background story like the 2014 movie did.

Jephael
03-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Isn't this basically the formula for the 4Kids series?

Amaranthus
03-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Isn't this basically the formula for the 4Kids series?

I never watched the 4Kids series so I wouldn't know.

Jephael
03-19-2015, 04:14 PM
So I take it you're more familiar with Hun through the IDW comics, right?

Bloodsucker
03-19-2015, 04:27 PM
This is both not original, and not interesting. Everyone wants to see more mutants and Shredder for the films. I also do not see the reason to make them live in some different place like you say. For me I really think of original as writing a new story that has the same world as the comics but then to expand the universe.

Powder
03-19-2015, 04:32 PM
Everyone wants to see more mutants

http://i61.tinypic.com/1z1cry1.gif

Bloodsucker
03-19-2015, 04:49 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/1z1cry1.gif

I didn't say new mutants, only that seeing other mutants on on screen is what will bring the crowds outside of fans. I'm not sure anyone is excited to seea big blonde guy named Hun, they all just want Bebop and Rocksteady, or any other mutants that are not turtles.

Powder
03-19-2015, 06:19 PM
I didn't say new mutants, only that seeing other mutants on on screen is what will bring the crowds outside of fans. I'm not sure anyone is excited to seea big blonde guy named Hun, they all just want Bebop and Rocksteady, or any other mutants that are not turtles.

I didn't say you did. No, you didn't say that, you said "everyone wants to see more mutants". Who said anything about Hun? I don't even...

LeotheLateBloomer
03-19-2015, 06:42 PM

I'd take Hun over R&B any day. At least he's, you know, competent.

Slap-Happy
03-20-2015, 02:32 AM
I'd take Hun over R&B any day. At least he's, you know, competent.
Only because someone wrote him that way. Someone can write Bebop and Rocksteady to be competent.

shuriken
03-20-2015, 03:29 AM
-Don't let them live in the sewers, sewers don't work in live-action films. Go for an abandoned water pumping station or something.
-Make Casey the first human to make the turtles instead of April. And don't make him too important.
-Don't pick Shredder as first enemy. Go with Hun and the Purple Dragons or Baxter Stockman and connect them to Shredder in a way.
-Get the turtles to actually physically harm people. Leo's swords are useless if he doesn't actually use them.

Where's my money?

You hurting for Cash? May I suggest singing this song in exchange for the green.
nFZP8zQ5kzk

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
03-20-2015, 06:31 AM
Bring in Krang or Utroms. Their abscence have disappointed people since the first three movies came out.

Amaranthus
03-20-2015, 10:22 AM
This is both not original, and not interesting. Everyone wants to see more mutants and Shredder for the films. I also do not see the reason to make them live in some different place like you say. For me I really think of original as writing a new story that has the same world as the comics but then to expand the universe.

Yes, because Shredder totally hasn't been overdone already.
A sewer could work for a live-action movie, but just look at what the 2014 movie did with it. That's not how sewers are.
"Expanding the universe" sounds like MCU-circlejerk to me.

Bloodsucker
03-20-2015, 02:38 PM
I didn't say you did. No, you didn't say that, you said "everyone wants to see more mutants". Who said anything about Hun? I don't even...

Let's just smile together, and pretend we understand.

Nameless
03-20-2015, 10:35 PM

Where's my money?

-i agree this would be nice...a witty carefree mikey is good... just not a dumb one
-not sure why this matters to overall story
-not sure why this matters to overall story
-shredder is the staple arch enemy... could be changed but very hard to do right
-would be nice but would increase parental rating so not likely to be done...