PDA

View Full Version : Chappie 12" Figures

mexichrist83
03-12-2015, 06:51 PM
If anyone here was a big fan of Chappie and has some money to blow there are two awesome Chappie figures coming out with LED eyes for different expressions! These are pretty great looking figures but I did not like the movie enough to feel like I had to get one or both of these. I'd much rather have a Johnny 5 figure (been wanting one since I was a kid).

Anyway, check them out!
http://news.toyark.com/2015/03/12/i-am-consciousness-i-am-alive-i-am-threezeros-chappie-155138

Digital Ghost
03-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Looks pretty good... I've yet to see Chappie but I've heard it channels a few films, Short Circuit being one of them. I guess I'll decide whether or not to pick one up when I view the movie.

As for Short Circuit, I've been a fan of Johnny-Five since I was four so I know all about the desire to have a figure of him... There actually IS one out there, if you so desire. It's called, "Robot V" and the kit can be purchased online and eBay. Unfortunately, it requires quite a bit of customizing to get it to resemble Johnny-Five. Fortunately there's a Facebook group called, "I want to customize my Johnny Five toy robot" and you can find customizers there that sell them.

One customizer by the name of 'Alan Ball' does amazing work so I'm purchasing one from him.

Example of his work:
http://digitalghost.ipower.com/j5.jpg

If you or anyone else wants a figure of Johnny, this is the way to go right now... NECA has outright refused the idea but maybe some other company will take it on.
Short Circuit and Johnny-Five's popularity has been growing steadily online so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

mexichrist83
03-24-2015, 06:32 PM
That Johnny 5 looks so good! Would you be willing to disclose how much Alan Ball's Johnny 5 figures go for? If not you can send a PM if you are more comfortable with that. Thanks for the inform, by the way!

Digital Ghost
03-25-2015, 09:20 PM
That Johnny 5 looks so good! Would you be willing to disclose how much Alan Ball's Johnny 5 figures go for? If not you can send a PM if you are more comfortable with that. Thanks for the inform, by the way!

No problem! Sent a PM regardless but he's making a run of 5 for $350 (including shipping) each. There's a lot of customizing and modifications so his look nothing like the original Robot V.
Shapeways eyes, complete paint job, articulation, ball-jointed shoulders, etc.

I have number #78 of the original release and it's so sad by comparison. :lol:

Again, I've loved this character since I was four, so I gladly jumped onboard.