PDA

View Full Version : Will we get any new merchandise for this series?

LeotheLateBloomer
03-14-2015, 05:53 AM
What will it take for Viacom to create and release some merchandise of this series. We see items all the time based on the 1987 cartoon and items for the 2012 cartoon as well.

DarkLightDragon
03-14-2015, 06:48 AM
Whenever they feel like it or at least bother to air it on their main channel and not just Nicktoons.

Netkeeper
03-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Considering Viacom hates this series, I won't be expecting anything for a long long time still.

Mew
03-14-2015, 07:30 AM
Dear Lord I hope so.
Here I am sitting on a bunch of OT TMNT t-shirts, and I need some 2k3 ones.

CyberCubed
03-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Considering Viacom hates this series, I won't be expecting anything for a long long time still.

Stop saying that, you know that's not true.

neatoman
03-14-2015, 11:26 AM

Nickelodeon does not hate it.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-14-2015, 12:37 PM

They don't hate it. You must have missed when Nick aired Turtles Forever multiple times as well as the first two seasons, and adding them to their website for streaming. Also they just added them to iTunes too.

They just don't want the 4Kids show competing with their own TV series. The 2012 series is well into its 3rd season and has an established fanbase among both TMNT fans and casual viewers, so they don't have to worry about that anymore.

neatoman
03-14-2015, 12:53 PM
They don't hate it. You must have missed when Nick aired Turtles Forever multiple times as well as the first two seasons, and adding them to their website for streaming. Also they just added them to iTunes too.

They just don't want the 4Kids show competing with their own TV series. The 2012 series is well into its 3rd season and has an established fanbase among both TMNT fans and casual viewers, so they don't have to worry about that anymore.

Right, I seriosly doubt Nick spent money on the 4Kids series just to let it be forgotten and now we're seeing evidence of that they won't let it be forgotten.

And if Nick really hated the 4kids series, they would not have allowed the further use of Hun, Angel and the Battle Nexus.

CyberCubed
03-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Nick spent $10 million to purchase the 2k3 series from 4kids. They didn't have to spend that amount of money at all.

Obviously now they're going to try to sell the series to make back that $10 million investment.

Mew
03-14-2015, 01:05 PM
We need re-releases of the 2k3 figures.

neatoman
03-14-2015, 01:28 PM
Nick spent $10 million to purchase the 2k3 series from 4kids. They didn't have to spend that amount of money at all.

Obviously now they're going to try to sell the series to make back that $10 million investment.

Wouldn't they rather want to have as much control of the TMNT franchise as possible?

Powder
03-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Doubtful, but still possible. With the series getting on track for DVD release, there may very well come a shirt or some other thing that could catch the eye of a Wal-Mart shopper who's just bought a volume of it. Maybe.

turtlefanforever
03-14-2015, 05:44 PM
i doubt anytime soon, but it'd be nice

CyberCubed
03-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Wouldn't they rather want to have as much control of the TMNT franchise as possible?

But why would they bother? $10 million is a lot of money for an old series.

THGhost
03-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Yep. Nick spent $10 million to purchase the 2k3 series from 4kids and so far has done absolutely nothing with it besides release Turtles Forever on DVD (screwing up the US release) and put the first 2 seasons on their website and Amazon/iTunes US. :P

Donatello19
03-14-2015, 09:34 PM
I saw a belt buckle at Spencer's like last year, but that's it.

ABrown
03-18-2015, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't count on seeing a whole lot of 4Kids series merchandise while the Nick series is still active. Maybe after the Nick series comes to an end, the 4Kids series will get a little attention. The only reason that Turtles Forever was released by Nick is because Nickelodeon is in love with the original cartoon.

Shark_Blade
03-18-2015, 11:09 AM
OT gets statues 4 turtles + bebop and rocksteady.. even the re-issue of the classic figures.

Hmm..

Andrew NDB
03-18-2015, 11:15 AM
That Viacom paid $10 million to acquire 4Kids TMNT probably had much more to do with them wanting the ability to bury it, so as not to have it compete with their Nick TMNT show or confuse viewers.

Example, had they not bought 4Kids TMNT, there might not have been anything preventing a rival network from airing 4Kids TMNT directly opposite the Nick TMNT.

OT gets statues 4 turtles + bebop and rocksteady.. even the re-issue of the classic figures.

Hmm..

This is surprising to you? Nick made it abundantly clear from the get-go their interest was the Fred Wolf cartoon, and that's why between the Nick cartoon, the IDW comic, and the new movies, all you're going to see is creators all trying to come up with the best new origin for Bebop, Rocksteady and the Technodrome.

neatoman
03-18-2015, 11:24 AM
That Viacom paid $10 million to acquire 4Kids TMNT probably had much more to do with them wanting the ability to bury it, so as not to have it compete with their Nick TMNT show or confuse viewers.

Example, had they not bought 4Kids TMNT, there might not have been anything preventing a rival network from airing 4Kids TMNT directly opposite the Nick TMNT.

This is surprising to you? Nick made it abundantly clear from the get-go their interest was the Fred Wolf cartoon, and that's why between the Nick cartoon, the IDW comic, and the new movies, all you're going to see is creators all trying to come up with the best new origin for Bebop, Rocksteady and the Technodrome.

Funny then how they will never obtain the rights to the Fred Wolf cartoon then, eh?

Jephael
03-18-2015, 04:32 PM
I think one of the reasons Viacom doesn't want to do much with the 4Kids series is it's got way too much of a Batman vibe what with all the dark and serious motifs. Hell, several episodes in the later seasons depict protagonists being supposedly killed off. When was the last time a show like that aired on a network like Nickelodeon?

neatoman
03-19-2015, 03:21 AM
I think one of the reasons Viacom doesn't want to do much with the 4Kids series is it's got way too much of a Batman vibe what with all the dark and serious motifs. Hell, several episodes in the later seasons depict protagonists being supposedly killed off. When was the last time a show like that aired on a network like Nickelodeon?

The Legend of Korra and Invader Zim?

Jephael
03-19-2015, 04:07 PM
The Legend of Korra and Invader Zim?

I'll admit, I kind of expected somebody to mention Korra or even Avatar: The Last Airbender, though Invader Zim kinda surprises me. I've only seen a handful of episodes, and have never seen it anymore violent than the current Nickelodeon incarnation of TMNT.

neatoman
03-19-2015, 05:15 PM
I'll admit, I kind of expected somebody to mention Korra or even Avatar: The Last Airbender, though Invader Zim kinda surprises me. I've only seen a handful of episodes, and have never seen it anymore violent than the current Nickelodeon incarnation of TMNT.

Have you watched the episodes Dark Harvest, Bestest Friend, Germs and Bad Bad Rubber Piggy?