PDA

View Full Version : X-Men'92

MikeandRaph87
03-15-2015, 08:10 AM
Marvel borrows a successful idea from DC Comics Batman'66 title with the release of X-Men'92 out this summer. No word yet if its a limited series or an ongoing.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/13/8205009/marvel-x-men-92-cartoon-comic-secret-wars

ZariusTwo
03-15-2015, 10:15 AM
This should be fun. Chris Sims is really spot-on with those episode recaps he does for Comics Alliance, he'll know how to send the show up while keeping true to it's roots.

FlawedCoil82
04-08-2015, 09:17 PM
I am so excited that all my pleading with Marvel to bring back the 90's X-Men over the past 15+ years has FINALLY paid off! I simply can not wait to get this title. I am just truly hoping that they do NOT pull the same despicable stunts that the "X-Men Forever" title did by changing the team out of their 90's uniforms or killing off members with absurd twists. As long as Marvel keeps the 90's team around in their 90's uniforms and does not disgrace them, then I will be buying this title for as long as it is published. IDW has been getting all my comic money over the past several years with all of their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Godzilla titles, but I will gladly make room in my budget for Marvel again if they make this the X-Men comic I have been begging them for. Only time will tell.

CyberCubed
04-10-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm honestly surprised IDW hasn't tried to revive 80's TMNT in comic form. They revive old properties constantly and the fact that the original cartoon was episodic means they could jump in at anytime during the pre-Season 8 and just make random adventures.

Leo656
04-10-2015, 12:42 AM
That'd sell, I bet.

FlawedCoil82
06-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Did anyone else get #1? I really enjoyed seeing the X-Men I used to love again, but the first issue had a bit too much "camp" for me. I really hope they will tone that down as I want to see a serious take on these characters. It wasn't a "fantastic" first issue but I still have high hopes for it and can't wait to get the physical print version on June 24th! :D I believe it will also include the still unreleased #2 of the digital comic as one physical issue.

FlawedCoil82
09-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Yay! It turns out that "X-Men '92" will become an on-going series in 2016! :D This will be the only X-book for me.

http://www.newsarama.com/26038-x-men-92-return-as-ongoing-series-in-2016.html

chrisdude
09-29-2015, 09:48 PM
I enjoyed the cartoon as a kid (aside from the Phoenix saga boring me to death), but I really don't remember enough about it understand what's going on in this book. I had very little idea of what was happening for the first two issues, and dropped it.

ZariusTwo
10-01-2015, 12:34 PM
I've been fascinated more with the story behind-the-scenes on this. Chris Simms in his blogger days actually contributed to the mental breakdown of a former Marvel writer by initiating some sort of coordinated hate campaign against her, now he's being rewarded with actual work by the company.

FlawedCoil82
04-13-2016, 12:09 PM
Has anyone here been reading the new "X-Men '92" ongoing series? Issue #2 just came out today. Apart from the main TMNT IDW series, this new X-Men book has been such an awesome book and a very welcome alternative to the gloomy and hopeless main X-Men books. I strongly recommend checking this book out if you loved the 1990s animated series or the 90s era of X-Men in general! :D

TonySiegel
04-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Has anyone here been reading the new "X-Men '92" ongoing series? Issue #2 just came out today. Apart from the main TMNT IDW series, this new X-Men book has been such an awesome book and a very welcome alternative to the gloomy and hopeless main X-Men books. I strongly recommend checking this book out if you loved the 1990s animated series or the 90s era of X-Men in general! :D

i bought issue 1 have yet to read it... but looking forward to showing my bro that maverick is in it...

thanks for the recommendation of issue 2

oldmanwinters
04-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Really enjoy the art on issues 1 and 2. However, even though I've seen every episode of the cartoon, I felt lost from the get-go with this book. Cyclops and Jean are nowhere to be seen, Storm is the team leader, and Bishop and Psylocke are regulars?

I didn't follow the Marvel Secret Wars storyline from the last year or so, so I'm guessing I will need to catch up on the backstory. Can anyone recommend what books I need to track down?

FlawedCoil82
04-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Really enjoy the art on issues 1 and 2. However, even though I've seen every episode of the cartoon, I felt lost from the get-go with this book. Cyclops and Jean are nowhere to be seen, Storm is the team leader, and Bishop and Psylocke are regulars?

I didn't follow the Marvel Secret Wars storyline from the last year or so, so I'm guessing I will need to catch up on the backstory. Can anyone recommend what books I need to track down?

Yea you would need to track down the SECRET WARS miniseries of "X-Men '92" #'s 1 - 4 or the trade paperback to see where Jean and Cyclops are and why Bishop and Psylocke have currently taken their place. ;)

TonySiegel
04-19-2016, 08:27 PM

Yea you would need to track down the SECRET WARS miniseries of "X-Men '92" #'s 1 - 4 or the trade paperback to see where Jean and Cyclops are and why Bishop and Psylocke have currently taken their place. ;)

Will finish issue 1 by tonight... and will be on the lookout in the 1$ bins for the secret wars run...

so your saying that the secret wars version is worth reading???

FlawedCoil82
04-20-2016, 08:42 PM
Will finish issue 1 by tonight... and will be on the lookout in the 1$ bins for the secret wars run...

so your saying that the secret wars version is worth reading???

Oh yea, definitely! It has much more to do with the new on-going series than it does the whole SECRET WARS saga. The new "X-Men '92" book is moreorless a continuation of the mini-series with many events that took place in the mini, continuing in this new book. Really the only difference is that this series is not taking place in "Battleworld" so Dr. Doom is no longer "God Doom" and Robert Kelly is no longer "Baron Kelly". This new series is free to go wherever they want to go in the 90s X-Men/Marvel Universe and aren't trapped withinin Battleworld.

It has been said that any Marvel characters in the 90s are allowed to be used (the writers are calling it the "92niverse"). They have already hinted at Spider-Man making an appearance soon. I think this series has so much potential for becoming a great, fun alternative for the depressing main X-Men books. I just wish fans would support it enough to increase the chances that this book can stick around so it can develop further.

TonySiegel
04-21-2016, 02:10 PM
Oh yea, definitely! It has much more to do with the new on-going series than it does the whole SECRET WARS saga. The new "X-Men '92" book is moreorless a continuation of the mini-series with many events that took place in the mini, continuing in this new book. Really the only difference is that this series is not taking place in "Battleworld" so Dr. Doom is no longer "God Doom" and Robert Kelly is no longer "Baron Kelly". This new series is free to go wherever they want to go in the 90s X-Men/Marvel Universe and aren't trapped withinin Battleworld.

It has been said that any Marvel characters in the 90s are allowed to be used (the writers are calling it the "92niverse"). They have already hinted at Spider-Man making an appearance soon. I think this series has so much potential for becoming a great, fun alternative for the depressing main X-Men books. I just wish fans would support it enough to increase the chances that this book can stick around so it can develop further.

I hear you man... will definitely dig on this series when I come across em... the 92 universe sounds intriguing...

wish DC wouldve pushed forward with that batman 89 comic!

ZariusTwo
04-21-2016, 02:54 PM
I hope the Spider-Man rumors are true, according to Dumb Dan Slott, the 90s animated Spidey died in Spider-Verse, though John Semper, like with Spider-Girl's creators, explicitly refuse to acknowledge that.

TonySiegel
04-21-2016, 04:27 PM
I hope the Spider-Man rumors are true, according to Dumb Dan Slott, the 90s animated Spidey died in Spider-Verse, though John Semper, like with Spider-Girl's creators, explicitly refuse to acknowledge that.

i didn't even know he was in that arc! would be cool if they showed him as peter parker in there... gonna look up his contributions that event now...

thanks for the info!

FlawedCoil82
07-30-2016, 01:48 AM
This panel from "X-Men '92" #5 made me chuckle. It may be the closest we ever get to seeing the X-Men and TMNT in the same book. :P I also believe "Gimme A Break" is a wink at the theme song.