PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XV demo

PangolinFeets
03-17-2015, 10:18 PM
Did anyone else play it yet? I actually am really excited to play FFT-0, but I just had to try this first.
I feel the camera gets a little annoying with all the teleporting, but at least there's a target button. Combat is a bit repetitive, but I'm enjoying it. The world looks huge and gorgeous, I like the English voice actors, and so far I actually like all the characters (except the main character, because he doesn't say or do much in the demo.).

It's been a long time since I've been excited for a Final Fantasy and, from the demo, this is living up to my expectations. What are everyone's thoughts so far?

Cure
03-17-2015, 10:24 PM
It's choppy as doo-doo and I agree that the camera and teleporting stuff is wonky, especially during the behemoth fight. I hope those are things they iron out, but considering it's been like ten years in the making, I don't see it happening in a few months or whatever.

PangolinFeets
03-17-2015, 10:42 PM
It's choppy as doo-doo and I agree that the camera and teleporting stuff is wonky, especially during the behemoth fight. I hope those are things they iron out, but considering it's been like ten years in the making, I don't see it happening in a few months or whatever.

I didn't mention the choppiness because I figure that's just because it's an unfinished product. Same thing with the minute-long loading screen.

I feel the same way. Take your time and make it good. It could be the first FF in the main series I love again since IX.

Joey Kamikaze
03-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Yeah. Keep in mind this "demo" is still a work in progress... they're not even to the beta stage yet. A lot of stuff... magic, for example... hasn't even been implemented in the game yet. We're still probably a year or two from release so there's plenty of time to tweak the choppiness once they finish designing and programming the core game. It's not like the full game is going to come out in this shape a few months from now.

...Anyway, I haven't played it yet but I've watched videos. I'm a huge FF fan from way back when and I'm hoping XV is good. IMO FFX was the last great one... XI was a bad EQ clone that hated you for trying to have fun, XII's story just drops off the face of the planet halfway through, XIII was bad anime cliches and hallways, and XIV... actually, XIV: ARR is pretty great for what it is, an MMO love letter to old-school FF. But it's long past due we had another great, modern single player Final Fantasy.