PDA

View Full Version : [Comment] Instagram thread?

KeloidJonesJr
03-22-2015, 10:32 PM
So anyone here has one? I'd like to see all yore toy collects.

Mods: if this is in wrong section plz move.

Add me and I'll add you: https://instagram.com/nuverka93

Gunpowder
03-23-2015, 10:12 AM
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?p=1364631

Powder
03-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Most people use their IG for like, normal daily life stuff. You know, things that would be considered personal were you not their friend in some capacity. That's how it is for me, anyway. I'm friends with like 30-50 dromers on FB & at least half of them are with me on IG too, & they as well mostly share their real life activities on there...

If you wanna see people's toy collections & pick ups, you need look no further than these very boards.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

TigerClaw
03-23-2015, 03:44 PM
Most people use their IG for like, normal daily life stuff. You know, things that would be considered personal were you not their friend in some capacity. That's how it is for me, anyway. I'm friends with like 30-50 dromers on FB & at least half of them are with me on IG too, & they as well mostly share their real life activities on there...

If you wanna see people's toy collections & pick ups, you need look no further than these very boards.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36
I wouldn't consider Instagram as a good place to take photos of your toy collection, While the service is great, It only takes photos in 4:3. Its best to see the toy collection in higher quality pics.

Prowler
03-23-2015, 05:10 PM

Actually, I find that people on IG tend to not mind letting complete strangers follow them. Sure many have their profiles set to private but just as many others as well allow complete strangers form the other side of the globe to follow them. I guess they're the same kind of people who accept friend requests on FB from someone they've just talked to twice in their lives.

Powder
03-23-2015, 07:04 PM
Well, I'm not arguing that, I just mean that most people's content is specific to their life. Who wants to see selfies & starbucks cups from people you don't even know, just because they share your hobby? If you're friends, I get it, but otherwise? Makes no sense to me.

Prowler
03-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Well, I'm not arguing that, I just mean that most people's content is specific to their life. Who wants to see selfies & starbucks cups from people you don't even know, just because they share your hobby? If you're friends, I get it, but otherwise? Makes no sense to me.
That I completely agree with. I've joined IG about 2 weeks ago or so and I've already had several complete strangers sending me friend requests simply because I'm also following the same stuff as them(video games, sports, etc). It's weird since on FB, people never send complete strangers friend requests.

Blossombrooks
03-24-2015, 01:51 PM
That I completely agree with. I've joined IG about 2 weeks ago or so and I've already had several complete strangers sending me friend requests simply because I'm also following the same stuff as them(video games, sports, etc). It's weird since on FB, people never send complete strangers friend requests.

There aren't any friend requests on Instagram, it's just the same as Twitter, you either follow someone or you don't. I am extremely strict about facebook but Instagram I use to share artwork and toy pics so I don't care who follows me. It really boils down to what you want from it and how much you choose to share, I've been on there 3 years now and had no trouble. The toy collectors I've met on there take fantastic pictures and its a really nice community to be around in.

Prowler
03-24-2015, 02:13 PM
There aren't any friend requests on Instagram, it's just the same as Twitter, you either follow someone or you don't. I am extremely strict about facebook but Instagram I use to share artwork and toy pics so I don't care who follows me. It really boils down to what you want from it and how much you choose to share, I've been on there 3 years now and had no trouble. The toy collectors I've met on there take fantastic pictures and its a really nice community to be around in.
I know that but it's pretty much the same thing anyways. If your profile isn't private or you accept someone's following requests you're pretty much allowing them to like your pictures and also comment on them

Blossombrooks
03-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Yes, so create two accounts if that's bugging you, one private, one public. It's really not the same as being Facebook friends, on IG you have no idea who I am, who my family is, where I went to school etc, it doesn't harvest personal info like Facebook. It's your choice. Plenty of users have a private account then a separate one for their interests. You have the right to block any user or report any comments.

KeloidJonesJr
03-24-2015, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't consider Instagram as a good place to take photos of your toy collection, While the service is great, It only takes photos in 4:3. Its best to see the toy collection in higher quality pics.

I use this app called lockscreen+ for making the pics fit. Works well for the iPhone wallpapers too.