PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Show's Nick Releases

Pages : [1] 2

Luke795
03-23-2015, 12:24 PM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-NYC-Showdown-and-Search-for-Splinter/20890

Chaotix12345
03-23-2015, 12:26 PM
*Sigh* It's a start, I suppose. Can't say that it isn't frustrating that we had to wait SOOOO long for this show to hit DVD again only for the releases to be back to square one in terms of approach, though. Hope this means good things for potential season sets in the future.

CyberCubed
03-23-2015, 12:47 PM
So let me get this straight, Nick is finally releasing 2k3 DVDs but they're doing them out of order and with random episodes again?

Man, this show just cannot win.

evan2000
03-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Even if they're in-order, 3 episodes per disc means 50+ volumes for all 150+ episodes?

I'm wondering why they couldn't fit 6 episodes per disc like the 2012 DVD release. Maybe they are single-layer DVD5 instead of dual-layer DVD9 to save cost.

Although I hope the Nick release has higher bitrate video than the 4Kids release, and possibly 5.1 audio track. We'll see.

CyberCubed
03-23-2015, 01:02 PM
They're also skipped around, aren't they? Search for Splinter was the name of the 2-part Season 1 finale.

evan2000
03-23-2015, 01:11 PM
They're also skipped around, aren't they? Search for Splinter was the name of the 2-part Season 1 finale.

Read the article. Their guess is that the first volume contains episode 21-23 (Return to New York 3-parter) and the second volume contains episode 24-26 (Lone Raph and Cub and The Search for Splinter 2-parter). If that the case (and once they release more volumes for episodes 1-20 later) then it wouldn't be out-of-order per se.

I'm more puzzled that there seems to be no numbering system like the 4Kids Volume 1, 2, 3... 14 then 3.1, 3.2, 3.3... etc. Do they expect people to look up Wikipedia to know how the episodes they are buying fit into the series' continuity?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-23-2015, 01:17 PM
Sigh...

And THIS is why a lot of us use YouTube to enjoy the show instead of buying +50 DVDs. Seriously, how hard is it to release a television show in just normal frakking season sets? Or hell, two sets per season like the Doctor Who releases?

rickwj324
03-23-2015, 01:19 PM
I've been waiting for this show to get a re-release and now that there's an announcement for it I have to say that I will be skipping it unless there's a proper release. I won't buy random episodes. I truly want to support the releases (to guarantee future releases) but if it's just going to be random eps thrown together then it's a definite no-sale for me.

One of 3 things will have to happen for me to buy:

1)Volume discs (in order) covering the entire series
2)Season sets
3)A Complete Series set (preferable)

Any of the 3 are acceptable, but no random discs, which they most likely will only release a few of, then stop completely.

Damn.... damn....damn! I'm so very disappointed at this news. :(

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-23-2015, 01:23 PM
So let me get this straight, Nick is finally releasing 2k3 DVDs but they're doing them out of order and with random episodes again?

Man, this show just cannot win.

Why is it that most previous incarnations of TMNT are such a pain in the shell to collect? The 2003 cartoon is scattered across 30 or 40 DVDs, and that appears not be changing anytime soon.

And the Tales of the TMNT volumes are collected in order of publication, not according to storyline. For example, if I want to collect the storyline involving Leatherhead and the Replicants plus Hamato Hana, which is issues #8, 23, and 34, I think, I buy Tales of the TMNT Volume 4 TPB, then wait YEARS for further volumes.

... Which is a lot like the way we had to wait for Mirage to actually conclude the storylines (if they ever bothered to, which wasn't often), depressingly enough.

Sometimes it sucks to be a fan. :tlol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-23-2015, 01:26 PM
I've been waiting for this show to get a re-release and now that there's an announcement for it I have to say that I will be skipping it unless there's a proper release. I won't buy random episodes. I truly want to support the releases (to guarantee future releases) but if it's just going to be random eps thrown together then it's a definite no-sale for me.

One of 3 things will have to happen for me to buy:

1)Volume discs (in order) covering the entire series
2)Season sets
3)A Complete Series set (preferable)

Any of the 3 are acceptable, but no random discs, which they most likely will only release a few of, then stop completely.

Damn.... damn....damn! I'm so very disappointed at this news. :(

I feel your pain... myself, I would prefer Option #2, just because I only would want to own the first four seasons. It also might let Nick make a little more money, which I'm totally okay with--if they weren't insulting us with slapping random episodes into single DVD packages. :trolleye:

The Turtle Terminator
03-23-2015, 01:26 PM
It's a start. I guess. But seriously? Out of order. AGAIN! At least the episodes are chronologically numbered 20-26. But why wouldn't they be smart enough to release the first part of the season first. Hopefully this means that the show might be shown on UK TV. That'd make me so happy!

Powder
03-23-2015, 01:27 PM
What the hell is this sh*t? Nobody's gonna buy that.

evan2000
03-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Why is it that most previous incarnations of TMNT are such a pain in the shell to collect? The 2003 cartoon is scattered across 30 or 40 DVDs, and that appears not be changing anytime soon.

Actually there are only 26 volumes to collect:

Volume 1-8 (Season 1)
Volume 9-14 (Season 2)
3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 4 (Season 3 & 4)
Michelangelo's Christmas Rescue
Ninja Tribunal (Season 5)
Fast Forward v1, v2 (Season 6)

Even if you include the two Back to the Sewer volumes (Season 7) from Australia, there are only 28 total volumes, not 30 or 40.

neatoman
03-23-2015, 01:40 PM

Yeah it's pretty crap. Confused parents maybe?

Actually there are only 26 volumes to collect:

Volume 1-8 (Season 1)
Volume 9-14 (Season 2)
3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 4 (Season 3 & 4)
Michelangelo's Christmas Rescue
Ninja Tribunal (Season 5)
Fast Forward v1, v2 (Season 6)

Even if you include the two Back to the Sewer volumes (Season 7) from Australia, there are only 28 total volumes, not 30 or 40.

You know what would have been better? Seven boxsets. Even better, one complete series collection.

mrminister4446
03-23-2015, 02:25 PM
Why do people here want DVD's anyways? Why not just watch it on youtube? Plug your laptop to your TV and problem solved.

neatoman
03-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Why do people here want DVD's anyways? Why not just watch it on youtube? Plug your laptop to your TV and problem solved.

Because that's illegal.

veemonjosh
03-23-2015, 02:44 PM

Because the youtube uploads are complete garbage in quality, and the only reason I put up with them is that I have no legal option. :ohwell:

Plus, I'd like to have the 2003 series sitting on my shelf (beyond the volumes I do have) alongside the 80's toon, Next Mutation, and the Nickelodeon series, all of which have had much more respectable releases comparatively.

rickwj324
03-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Because that's illegal.

and also it's pretty poor quality. I don't mind watching it on a small window on the pc, but there's no way I'd want to watch them on my tv from a crappy youtube feed. Heck, I find it hard to watch most dvd's anymore...been spoiled by HD and blu-ray. I rarely buy a dvd...the Nick turtles being one of the recent exceptions (which really SHOULD BE on blu!!).

Autbot_Benz
03-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Because that's illegal.

its not illegal there are tons of Cartoon shows on youtube to watch. If it was Illegal Youtube would have them all taken down and accounts suspended.

I watched the first season of 2003 turtles on youtube.

besides that show came out in 2003 so its old

CyberCubed
03-23-2015, 02:50 PM
its not illegal there are tons of Cartoon shows on youtube to watch. If it was Illegal Youtube would have them all taken down and accounts suspended.

You're confusing companies legally putting their shows up on youtube compared to fans uploaded episodes on youtube. There are official shows on youtube based on official channels, that's why you see stuff up there.

Shows that are put up by fans on youtube are technically illegal. I doubt any of us really care about that, but its a shame we have to resort to youtube rather than proper DVD releases

TheSkeletonMan939
03-23-2015, 02:58 PM
Screw this.

If this is how Nick is going to release this show then they're not getting a single damn penny from me... unless they include an isolated score and/or 5.1 audio mix.

What the hell are they even thinking? It's not Spongebob, it's not like each episode is self-contained. There are story arcs and timelines and stuff. At least 4Kids' releases were tentatively in an understandable order, even if it wasn't chronological.

First you release the short version of Turtles Forever in full screen and now this BS. Come on Nick, at least try a little.

Of course it's illegal.

tmntuploader had his account removed since he had every episode of the 4Kids series on there, as did ForeverMutation. I've even had one or two of my videos removed with 4Kids content.

Just because people do it doesn't mean it isn't illegal.

CyberCubed
03-23-2015, 03:02 PM
What I also don't get is why they're seemingly releasing the last 6 episodes of Season 1 first? Apparently its the "Return to New York" 3 parter and then "Lone Raph and Cub" with "Search for Splinter." so the last 6 Season 1 episodes.

I mean its exactly the same as the 4kids DVDs from 2003 that released only 3 eps per disc. Did we time travel back to 2003 or something? When was the last time 3 episodes per DVD was considered acceptable...over a decade ago?

rickwj324
03-23-2015, 03:12 PM

I watched the first season of 2003 turtles on youtube.

besides that show came out in 2003 so its old

Yes...it IS illegal unless the actual copyright holder is the one posting them. CyberCubed is exactly right.

You're confusing companies legally putting their shows up on youtube compared to fans uploaded episodes on youtube. There are official shows on youtube based on official channels, that's why you see stuff up there.

Shows that are put up by fans on youtube are technically illegal. I doubt any of us really care about that, but its a shame we have to resort to youtube rather than proper DVD releases

Yes...it is a shame that's how we have to watch this show. I rarely watch a youtube video, but I have been watching this series with my 5 year old on youtube as it's the only way to watch it. Unfortunately I didn't watch the show when it originally aired, so I desperately want a video release of this!!

CyberCubed
03-23-2015, 03:20 PM
I have all the episodes downloaded to my computer but I am part of the "old guard" that prefers watching stuff on TV with physical discs.

I dislike streaming media and I only watch things on the computer if I have to. Nothing beats sitting down in a chair and watching a blu-ray/DVD on your big-screen TV.

I hate the itunes generation that's phasing out physical media forcing us to watch shows on our tiny phones or ipads.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-23-2015, 03:34 PM
I hate the itunes generation that's phasing out physical media forcing us to watch shows on our tiny phones or ipads.

Exactly. Streaming things have lower bitrates - and therefore lower quality - than physical media. Even if it's convenient sometimes, it shouldn't be the be-all end-all.

Did you know that CD audio is far superior to anything that you can get on iTunes?

Same goes for film. You can't tell on your silly iPhones/iPads, but there's a lot of pixelation and degradation in a film/TV show from being encoded to fit on a mobile device. If I were a filmmaker, I'd be a little disheartened to see people watching my movie - which I put a lot of time and money into creating, with lots of thought and consideration into the details - on their tiny, stupid iPhone screen.

Maybe when most people's internet connections get ultra-fast, physical media will have less of a purpose for existence in terms of A/V quality. But for now they're here to stay.

But there's also the practical reason of having a feeling of "owning" the media through the possession of a disc. I have lots of music on my computer that I don't have a physical CD for, and it doesn't feel like I really "have" the music. If I had the proper materials I might try to print out a few CD labels and jewel case inserts to put them in, but I don't have the time nor the interest to go through all that.

I think people who want to keep all their media - photos, music, video, and even books - "in the cloud" are tacky hipsters.

TL;DR - I whine about iTunes being low-quality.

ABrown
03-23-2015, 04:04 PM
I have all the episodes downloaded to my computer but I am part of the "old guard" that prefers watching stuff on TV with physical discs.
I dislike streaming media and I only watch things on the computer if I have to. Nothing beats sitting down in a chair and watching a blu-ray/DVD on your big-screen TV.

If you prefer watching on a television to watching on a computer, then why did you switch from watching this show on dvd to watching it on computer?

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
03-23-2015, 04:06 PM
To Nickelodeon.

Piss On You.
Piss on Your POS DVD's.
Piss on your 'out of order, only 3 episodes per Disc' crap that Nobody will Buy.
Piss on 'nope, no Season Boxsets.'
Piss on you not giving a flying crap about the 2003 show.
Piss on you for not just letting it go to another company who could maybe DO something with the release.
Piss on you Royally Screwing This Up.
Piss on Your Own Face, Nick.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-23-2015, 04:09 PM

Three words:

Pride.
Of.
Ownership.

:tcool:

TheSkeletonMan939
03-23-2015, 04:09 PM
If you prefer watching on a television to watching on a computer, then why did you switch from watching this show on dvd to watching it on computer?

Do you realize how mind-bogglingly hard it is to find DVDs for this series, let alone be able to purchase them? Some of the harder-to-find ones go for over 100 bucks!!

Nick doesn't need to do a lot to get my money. If they just picked up where 4Kids left off with half-season releases, I'd buy them. If they just released a soundtrack CD, I'd buy it. If they just released one DVD that had nothing but special features, I'd buy it.

I don't even care if they make a special box set or not. All they need to do is do a competent job at releasing... something! and I'd swallow it up, as would others.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-23-2015, 04:12 PM
What I also don't get is why they're seemingly releasing the last 6 episodes of Season 1 first? Apparently its the "Return to New York" 3 parter and then "Lone Raph and Cub" with "Search for Splinter." so the last 6 Season 1 episodes.

I mean its exactly the same as the 4kids DVDs from 2003 that released only 3 eps per disc. Did we time travel back to 2003 or something? When was the last time 3 episodes per DVD was considered acceptable...over a decade ago?

They probably did it that way because they also were releasing on VHS still way back when, and didn't want to undercut their own profits by offering the situation of "buy 12 VHS tapes or 1 DVD set at significantly less". Instead, they offered "buy 12 VHS tapes or 12 DVD disks at pretty much the same cost."

Totally with you, CC. Pride of ownership to me means that I can actually hold something in my sticky sweaty hands. No downloads, please. :tlol:

Storm Eagle
03-23-2015, 04:13 PM
To Nickelodeon.

Piss on you for not just letting it go to another company who could maybe DO something with the release.

Like Shout! Factory.

Dammit Nickelodeon, just put out Back to the Sewer in a complete set. No, just put out the whole damn series in a complete set, and make sure you've got the episodes IN THE CORRECT ORDER.

And yes, I'm an old fossil who actually likes having things on a physical format.

Gunpowder
03-23-2015, 04:20 PM
Basically everything I would've said has already been said. I was ready to jump on these til I saw "Each single-disc volume includes 3 first season episodes" - hmmmm. Think I'll pass on that one.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
03-23-2015, 04:34 PM
When companies do stupid stuff like this...this is the kind of crap that promotes bootlegging and illegal stuff.

Instead of doing the Field of Dreams thing of 'if you build it, they will come'...we just get crap after crap releases. Crappy release of Turtles Forever, and crappy releases of the 2003 show.

LeoNerdo
03-23-2015, 04:54 PM
Pass until they do it right. I gave up years ago and tracked down all the dvd's i was missing. It wasn't so bad since I already had all of the multi-disk sets.

The-Shredder
03-23-2015, 05:04 PM
The cover art on these is a real turn off. The previous DVD releases may not have amazing covers, but at least they grab your attention and weren't an eyesore to look at.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120210071618/http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/dvd_toons.htm

DarkLightDragon
03-23-2015, 05:13 PM
Yeah I think I'll just stick with the collection I have now if that's okay with everybody.

What makes it sadder is that Nick probably thinks it's throwing us a bone by doing this when that bone just isn't in any good condition to be chewed.

Storm Eagle
03-23-2015, 05:17 PM
Yeah I think I'll just stick with the collection I have now if that's okay with everybody.

What makes it sadder is that Nick probably thinks it's throwing us a bone by doing this when that bone just isn't in any good condition to be chewed.

Yeah it's a bone that just leaves splinters. (No pun intended.)

pennydreadful
03-23-2015, 06:13 PM
This is absolute crap. I'm dying for a 2k3 release and there's no way in hell I'm buying this. I can already see how this will play out - the crappy release won't sell well, they'll take it as a sign that nobody's interested in 2k3 anymore and they won't bother releasing the whole set.

ARGH!!!! :tmad:

Nickelodeon gives with one hand and takes away with the other. :tgrumble:

DarkLightDragon
03-23-2015, 06:14 PM
The cover art on these is a real turn off. The previous DVD releases may not have amazing covers, but at least they grab your attention and weren't an eyesore to look at.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120210071618/http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/dvd_toons.htm

Yeah, especially the later covers that didn't have stock poses of the characters and had original artwork that actually depicted the episodes they had.

Aaronardo
03-23-2015, 06:56 PM
Bu--but... Nickelodeon... why... why can't you do this..? (http://www.covertr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43783&thumb=1&d=1386340618)
Come on, Nick. 3 episodes a disc is one thing (and for god's sake, we had enough of that **** when the show was going on), but out of order? Seriously?
I feel like Nick is doing this to spite us. Oh, you waited since 2005 or so for an actual season release of this show? Too bad! We're going to give you more of the bullsh*t you had to put up with before. Just... no.
You did it with Avatar. You did it with Korra. You even slightly did it with your own TMNT series. Is it so hard to just release the damn episodes season by season? Just have a Season 1 set, a Season 2 set, so on and so forth. Is that so f*cking hard?!
Geez. This post started off so calm, but the more this sets in, the more it pisses me off.
Oh, and in case you're wondering if I'm planning on buying this (if you need it spelled out for you), no f*cking way.

Sabacooza
03-23-2015, 07:04 PM
It's a good thing I bought all the DVDs as they came out minus "Back to the Sewer" but I feel for those that didn't. What a terrible way to handle this awesome series. How hard is it to release proper DVDs for this? I shudder to think how they'll handle "Back to the Sewer" whenever they get around to releasing that... and three episodes per disc?! Really?! That's beyond pathetic.

CyberCubed
03-23-2015, 07:06 PM
It's a good thing I bought all the DVDs as they came out minus "Back to the Sewer" but I feel for those that didn't. What a terrible way to handle this awesome series. How hard is it to release proper DVDs for this? I shudder to think how they'll handle "Back to the Sewer" whenever they get around to releasing that... and three episodes per disc?! Really?! That's beyond pathetic.

Considering they seem to be only releasing random Season 1 episodes out of order, I don't even think they'll get that far. Imagine releasing a DVD with only 3 episodes every 5-6 months...it would take god knows how many years to complete the series. And obviously it would get canceled by then anyway.

Sabacooza
03-23-2015, 07:22 PM
Considering they seem to be only releasing random Season 1 episodes out of order, I don't even think they'll get that far. Imagine releasing a DVD with only 3 episodes every 5-6 months...it would take god knows how many years to complete the series. And obviously it would get canceled by then anyway.That's probably their plan. They release it like this so nobody buys it so they can say, Well, we tried and then cancel it. I mean, I know Nick is full of incompetent idiots when it comes to handling TMNT but man, this is just terrible. some people over there need to lose their jobs. I just don't get it. I guess they're not interested in making money off this series.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-23-2015, 07:29 PM
There may be one small small small silver lining to this... maybe these DVDs won't have that annoying "TV-Y7" rating at the top of each episode.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Bu--but... Nickelodeon... why... why can't you do this..? (http://www.covertr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43783&thumb=1&d=1386340618)
Come on, Nick. 3 episodes a disc is one thing (and for god's sake, we had enough of that **** when the show was going on), but out of order? Seriously?
I feel like Nick is doing this to spite us. Oh, you waited since 2005 or so for an actual season release of this show? Too bad! We're going to give you more of the bullsh*t you had to put up with before. Just... no.
You did it with Avatar. You did it with Korra. You even slightly did it with your own TMNT series. Is it so hard to just release the damn episodes season by season? Just have a Season 1 set, a Season 2 set, so on and so forth. Is that so f*cking hard?!
Geez. This post started off so calm, but the more this sets in, the more it pisses me off.
Oh, and in case you're wondering if I'm planning on buying this (if you need it spelled out for you), no f*cking way.

DAMMIT Aaronardo, that photoshopped complete series set is HEARTBREAKING.

Thank God for Youtube.

CyberCubed
03-23-2015, 07:54 PM
It may have taken Lionsgate a million years to release the entire original cartoon on DVD, (they started in 2004 and didn't finish till 2012 for goodness sakes), but at least that series is complete and most of the episodes are in order except for a few.

The 4kids series can never get a decent release though.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-23-2015, 08:04 PM
It may have taken Lionsgate a million years to release the entire original cartoon on DVD, (they started in 2004 and didn't finish till 2012 for goodness sakes), but at least that series is complete and most of the episodes are in order except for a few.

The 4kids series can never get a decent release though.

Well, maybe in another decade we'll get a full series set for 4Kids... 'cause that's how long it took for the FW cartoon. :tgrumble:

CyberCubed
03-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Well, maybe in another decade we'll get a full series set for 4Kids... 'cause that's how long it took for the FW cartoon. :tgrumble:

Seriously, the first season of the original toon came out in 2004 which was when the first season of the 4kids series was still airing and just about wrapping up. It took all the way till 2012, the same year the Nick cartoon began, for the final season of the original toon to come out on DVD.

It took Lionsgate the lifespan of two TMNT reboots to complete the original toon on DVD. I remember sitting there for years wondering if they would cancel it in the middle.

xChri5x
03-23-2015, 08:09 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/2QylJeuUO7phm/giphy.gif

Powder
03-23-2015, 08:14 PM
It's a good thing I bought all the DVDs as they came out minus "Back to the Sewer" but I feel for those that didn't.

I'm certainly saying the same to myself, that's for sure... I can't imagine how folks feel that don't already have the series. Even 4kids' crappiest releases are better than this seems to be. Glad as hell I've got the season sets & stuff rather than these BS 3 episode joints they kept doing.

CyberCubed
03-23-2015, 08:22 PM
Funnily enough I had all the 4kids season sets too but then when I realized one DVD would sell for $60 on ebay that had a measly 5 episodes on it, I sold them all. :lol:

I have all the episodes saved on my computer when I want to rewatch them, but I would like to own them on physical DVDs again.

Sabacooza
03-23-2015, 08:37 PM
I'm certainly saying the same to myself, that's for sure... I can't imagine how folks feel that don't already have the series. Even 4kids' crappiest releases are better than this seems to be. Glad as hell I've got the season sets & stuff rather than these BS 3 episode joints they kept doing.I just recently ripped my own DVDs so I could put them all on a flash drive in proper order. I'd like to get a better version of "Back to the Sewer" and "Mayhem from Mutant Island". It would also be nice to get all those Peach Nova animated shorts as well in high quality. Fat chance of any of that ever happening if they only put three episodes on a disk.:roll:

turtlefanforever
03-23-2015, 08:43 PM
at least we are getting something, but i'm honestly probably not going to buy them the only reason i'd buy is if it was a proper set. plus i don't like that cover art

tmntpower1988
03-23-2015, 10:24 PM
Damn it I was getting excited thinking Nick was finally releasing season sets :( Thank f*ck I got all the episodes on DVD before they went out of print.

Leo656
03-23-2015, 11:07 PM
This is absolute crap. I'm dying for a 2k3 release and there's no way in hell I'm buying this. I can already see how this will play out - the crappy release won't sell well, they'll take it as a sign that nobody's interested in 2k3 anymore and they won't bother releasing the whole set.

Literally just said the same thing to my wife. It's like, nobody should buy this, because it's crap. The way Nickelodeon *usually* releases its shows, with a few exceptions, is generally crap. Because "it's for kids, and kids don't know/care, they'll watch 3 episodes forever and never get bored, and the parents don't care, they just wanna stick Junior in front on the TV so he'll be quiet, and the parents are the ones paying, so it makes more sense to release multiple 3-episode sets for $10-15 instead of season sets for $30 that they'll think is 'too much' to pay for a kids' show," and all that mess. Disney does the same stupid thing.

But yeah, this is crap, and nobody should buy it, BUT, if nobody does, Nick will inevitably claim "There's no interest", and they'll just sit on it forever. So, we're stuck. Either everyone buys two copies of this insulting trash, or we can forget ever seeing a "proper" release.

Every year, I find more and more reasons why Nick buying TMNT was an awful idea. It's getting really hard to justify at this point. It's great for Nick and lousy for everyone else.

-----------------------------------------

And I'll chime in on behalf of people with less-than-stellar internet connections who don't care about watching TV shows on YouTube. My connection cuts out randomly for indeterminate periods of time. I can't be bothered with that mess.

Really glad I used to haunt Best Buy every three days way back when. They'd only ever have like three copies of the latest TMNT and they'd disappear immediately. I used to get cash tips a lot, and would immediately blow them on DVDs and video games, so I'd always get lucky and get the TMNT ones before they vanished. Once they were gone, I rarely saw them on the shelves again. I was lucky, I only really missed the 2-part Season sets. I don't think anyone had any idea that we'd get so screwed over on future releases. Real shame.

MsMarvelDuckie
03-23-2015, 11:28 PM
it makes more sense to release multiple 3-episode sets for $10-15 instead of season sets for $30 that they'll think is 'too much' to pay for a kids' show," and all that mess. Disney does the same stupid thing.

Not true, actually. Disney is usually pretty good about releasing full seasons of shows, though it may take a while *cough, Gargoyles, cough* Tail-Spin, Duck Tales, and Rescue Rangers have all had full-season releases, or at least half-season ones. They have plenty of episodes to justify a 10$ price tag, so I don't mind getting the ones that I like. Still waiting for the Goliath Chronicles to be released, but, it is what it is.

pennydreadful
03-23-2015, 11:56 PM
Gargoyles is Disney's bastard stepchild - we'll be waiting years for The Goliath Chronicles; just look at how long it took to get Seasons 1 and 2! Forget actually having any decent merchandise... it's the best show Disney ever had and they act like it never existed. It's such a crock.

sdp
03-24-2015, 12:16 AM
These DVDs are only to cash-in on the fans of the new show and will likely be 5 dollar or so budget releases, this isn't the early 00's where you could get away with a $25 DVD with 3 episodes. DVD is a dying format. I'm sure eventually we'll get some complete series release or some decent DVD releases.

Sadly even a complete series set wouldn't the things I'd want the most which are the "mini" flash episodes of the first few seasons and the "mini" story arc from BTTS, they weren't great but they had some funny moments and had the original voice actors and technically canon. I'd also like to see the original animated pieces made for the 2k3 videogames.

You can stream shows on your TV. I was a physical media only guy as a teenager when everyone preferred MP3s and had a big DVD collection but digital is just better in almost every way. It's just so convenient, you can find what you want in seconds and play it, you never lose anything, you can take it anywhere with you stream it in any device you want, you can have huge collections without taking up any space. On some things like movies maybe the quality isn't as good as a Blu-Ray but eventually this won't be a problem and it really isn't that big of a deal since me personally I can't tell the difference most of the times between anyway and I bet most non-videophiles can't either.

Physical media has what benefits over digital? You can sell it (ha! tell that to my DVD collection that no one would buy). It's something physical you can touh and display. Everything else is a worse experience compared to digital.

I do like having some of my favorite movies in physical format but just to display them. I have what, ten Blu-rays and that's it I don't want any more. These are movies I love and like having displayed and watch somewhat regularly. My DVD collection was full of movies and shows I'd only seen once, sure maybe one day I'd like to revisit them but I don't need that taking physical space if I won't be watching it regularly it might be years before I watch them. And TV shows while I may love them DVD sets just take too much space, I'd now rather have all of 2k3 digitally over a complete DVD release. I love the show but I don't plan on watching it again anytime soon to be taking up precious space.

Gunstar_Red
03-24-2015, 12:49 AM
Unlike the whole lot of you, I'm buying them. These DVDs are definately made to test the waters more. I don't think they will cost more than $5-10 tops; the type of DVDs you'll find near the cash registers.

I'm willing to bet by next year, IF these sell well, we will find season releases.

Leo656
03-24-2015, 01:11 AM
Buy one each on behalf of me and my wife. We're running out of Useless Crap Space, but still want Season sets one day. Good luck with the Crusade, Don Quixote! :tsmile:

Gunstar_Red
03-24-2015, 01:24 AM
Buy one each on behalf of me and my wife. We're running out of Useless Crap Space, but still want Season sets one day. Good luck with the Crusade, Don Quixote! :tsmile:

Sure, mock me now, but I'm telling you, that windmill is taunting me. :P

Leo656
03-24-2015, 01:39 AM
So kick it in the nuts; or, if it's one'a them newfangled Lady windmills, in the taco.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
03-24-2015, 02:20 AM
These DVDs are definitely made to test the waters more.

Sorry, but even that does not make sense.

If one was to do something like this just to 'test the waters'...then why would you not release, oh I don't know, the First Three Episodes FIRST.

Netkeeper
03-24-2015, 02:49 AM
**** this ****.

Just **** this ****.

Leo656
03-24-2015, 03:01 AM
Like a ****ing ****-sucking mother of ****. Mother of ****.

Also: In the ass. Yyyyyyep.

rickwj324
03-24-2015, 06:40 AM
Like a ****ing ****-sucking mother of ****. Mother of ****.

Also: In the ass. Yyyyyyep.

What he said! :P

Gunstar_Red
03-24-2015, 07:12 AM
Sorry, but even that does not make sense.

If one was to do something like this just to 'test the waters'...then why would you not release, oh I don't know, the First Three Episodes FIRST.

Yes it does if they decided to release three episodes per disc not to mention oddly out of order ones. They are money grab items and I see it all the time with certain cartoons. There's no need to get pessimistic, give it time.

LeoRaph
03-24-2015, 07:41 AM
It's a weak move from Nick and even has undertones of disrespect for 2K3 and being seen as a threat to their own DVD sales. If they genuinely wanted to test the waters with imho the best series of TMNT they would have released the entire season 1 in a 3 or 4 disc Single DVD set. It really wouldn't take or cost much to put it on disc and they would sell like hot cakes. With their own series only having 3 seasons so far, they would have to make more 2K3 sets and complete the series which seems good more money for them right? But it would out sell their own from simply having more seasons in the 2K3 series and because they want to be the definitive TMNT of this generation I very much doubt they'd like to be second fiddle to something they didn't create. So the best way to be number one is by doing a piss weak DVD attempt out of sequence tiny few episodes which will not sell well and they can at least shrug their shoulders and say they tried.

Only we ain't buying your BullS*** nick :tgrumble:

DarkLightDragon
03-24-2015, 12:05 PM

ARGH!!!! :tmad:

Nickelodeon gives with one hand and takes away with the other. :tgrumble:

Kind of a late reply to this, but yeah, that's probably what's going to be what ultimately bites about this whole thing. It's like what I said before about them throwing some of us who've been wanting this series released in proper form a half-chewed bone they didn't bother trying to clean up and when people don't buy because of that, they'll instead just shrug it off as a, "Oh, guess the interest in 2k3 just isn't there after all and just cancel any other ones we were planning on." They think they're giving us fanservice, but in a half-a**ed way and will blame anything/anyone besides themselves if it doesn't sell as well as hoped.

CyberCubed
03-24-2015, 12:11 PM
Remember this is the same Nick who also released the cut version of Turtles Forever on DVD while UK got the uncut version. And they even re-used crappy stock art for the cover while the UK DVD has the proper poster art the 4kids artists created for it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-24-2015, 12:16 PM
This is one of the most depressing threads I've ever read.

To sum up our intense feelings of betrayal, defeat, outrage, and bitter loss, I think Charlton Heston said it best:

"You maniacs! You blew it! Ah, damn you! Damn you all to hell!"*

*Quote slightly tampered with to match the situation

Shedder
03-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Hey guys whats going on? I got here late!
no just kidding. In all seriousness this is just s**t

CyberCubed
03-24-2015, 02:41 PM
I wish there was some way to contact them about DVDs instead of just getting an automated response or the usual, "There is nothing to announce at this time" stuff you always get.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-24-2015, 03:11 PM
I wish there was some way to contact them about DVDs instead of just getting an automated response or the usual, "There is nothing to announce at this time" stuff you always get.

Apparently only IDW TMNT employees check in on the majority of their vocal fans aka We Proud, We Loyal Few of the Technodrome.

Nick: I am an employed responsible adult with money I will gladly give you for full season sets of TMNT 2003. NOT--I repeat NOT--for these atrocious and insulting 3-episode out-of-order single discs.

WTF, Nick. It's like you want us to hate you.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-24-2015, 03:41 PM
They even aired the episodes correctly on NickToons, right? And they've got the episodes in the correct order on iTunes, right?

Why is that so hard to replicate for a home video release? I know Nick wants dumb little kids to be buying these, but even a dumb little kid knows when s/he's viewing the episodes all out of order.

CyberCubed
03-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Seasons 1 and 2 are all up on itunes in correct order. I imagine eventually we'll see the rest of the show up there.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Seasons 1 and 2 are all up on itunes in correct order. I imagine eventually we'll see the rest of the show up there.

And in other news, my desire for pride of physical ownership continues to go unfulfilled...

LeoRaph
03-24-2015, 06:08 PM

So why not just transfer them to dvd then to test the waters instead of this pissweak excuse of a 'fanservice'???

Like I said they either want it to fail or they might just be that plain dumb. I'm still going with the former...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-24-2015, 06:14 PM
So why not just transfer them to dvd then to test the waters instead of this pissweak excuse of a 'fanservice'???

Like I said they either want it to fail or they might just be that plain dumb. I'm still going with the former...

No one is this stupid. Hell, 2k12 Mikey ain't that stupid.

Can you imagine how awesome the TMNT brand as a whole could be if it were owned by fans instead of corporate executives? I mean, there is obviously passion behind the IDW comics and the Nick toon. But the brand as a whole... the crappy recoloring of the original Mirage comics, the bizarre treatment of reprinting the Tales of the TMNT and Archie TMNT, the horrible 2014 script and production, the crappy Playmates toys, and the complete apathy for releasing DVDs for the 4Kids cartoon!?

Trying not to nitpick, but taken as a whole, the managing of the brand seems to be very poorly done.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-24-2015, 06:14 PM

Can you imagine how awesome the TMNT brand as a whole could be if it were owned by fans instead of corporate executives? I mean, there is obviously passion behind the IDW comics and the Nick toon. But the brand as a whole... the crappy recoloring of the original Mirage comics, the bizarre treatment of reprinting the Tales of the TMNT and Archie TMNT, the horrible 2014 script and production, the crappy Playmates toys, and the complete apathy for releasing DVDs for the 4Kids cartoon!?

Trying not to nitpick, but taken as a whole, the managing of the brand seems to be very poorly done.

Caveat: not that Peter Laird was doing so great in the end, either...

LeoRaph
03-24-2015, 06:26 PM

Yup, which is why I smell sabotage but there is another possibility I didn't consider, they just DON'T Care.

CyberCubed
03-24-2015, 06:35 PM
Doom and gloom. Doom and gloom. The dream is dead.

Klunk1234
03-24-2015, 08:43 PM
They should release the complete 2k3 series on Blu-Ray, not like that.

Sabacooza
03-24-2015, 09:00 PM
They should release the complete 2k3 series on Blu-Ray, not like that.:lol: Blu-Ray? That'll never happen. Nick doesn't do Blu-Ray when it comes to TMNT. I guess the property isn't good enough for that.:roll:

Aaronardo
03-24-2015, 09:03 PM
They should release the complete 2k3 series on Blu-Ray, not like that.

Blu-ray and a show from 2003 that wasn't even produced in 16:9 (as far as I know), would not go over together without some dedicated remastering, and I'm pretty sure we can tell by this that Nick isn't very dedicated to marketing the TMNT. At this point, we'd be lucky to get the complete series on DVD.

Klunk1234
03-24-2015, 09:09 PM
I saw the Simpson on Blu-Ray(the older chapters like the first seasons) or we can buy from Amazon UK; they have the uncut DVD from Turtles Forever and they can offer the complete 2k3 series.

Aaronardo
03-24-2015, 09:16 PM
I saw the Simpson on Blu-Ray(the older chapters like the first seasons) or we can buy from Amazon UK; they have the uncut DVD from Turtles Forever and they can offer the complete 2k3 series.

But the people who own The Simpsons are smart enough to know what they have. They took the time to remaster it so it could be on blu-ray. However, Nick is clearly not going to do that here.

Leo656
03-24-2015, 09:19 PM

Guys. GUYS.

I pretty much said, years ago, that "all this" is exactly what we had to look forward to from Nick. The only way you earn the right to be as much of a condescending douche as I am, is through a lifetime of never being wrong about absolutely anything, ever. I said plain, "It's Nick, it's going to be nothing but dumbed-down kiddie stuff and half-assed DVD releases until the end of time." And like always, nooooobody listens because I'm generally kind of a jerk. Well ignore that and focus on the message once in a while. Yeesh.

*Almost* anyone else buying TMNT would have been better for everyone. Or, at least, less insulting to the 90% of the fanbase who aren't 6. I gave it a shot, and a few years in, I can safely say, I *hate* that Nick owns the franchise. Hate it.

CyberCubed
03-24-2015, 09:21 PM
To be fair IDW's trades are pretty good. There are some weird coloring errors from time to time, but if you can look past that its great to have the material reprinted. Mirage was barely doing any trades and when they did make them they printed so few copies they would become rare immediately and expensive unless you ordered immediately.

xChri5x
03-25-2015, 12:08 AM
Why don't they just go ahead and announce VHS releases next...:roll:

Leo656
03-25-2015, 12:19 AM
That would actually be tragically, ironically awesome.

Netkeeper
03-25-2015, 12:59 AM
The icing on the cake: if the episodes were in order.

Leo656
03-25-2015, 01:07 AM
AND, aaaaaaand... there's an Official 2K3 Soundtrack Album, with a Limited-Edition Collector's Double-LP set containing the Fred Wolf soundtrack as a Bonus!

....But it's only available on vinyl. :tgrin::tgrin::tgrin:

I would never stop <expletive deleted>. I would <expletive deleted> so goddamn hard.

CyberCubed
03-25-2015, 01:16 AM
There were VHS releases of the 4kids show at least of the first season.

Leo656
03-25-2015, 01:17 AM
We are doing a thing and you are ruining it.

Netkeeper
03-25-2015, 01:52 AM
I dunno, I think I laughed harder at your response to him than your post above him.

Leo656
03-25-2015, 01:56 AM
I can see that.

I think we discovered the CyberCubed Paradox. He shows up, breaks things, and immediately, they're better. It makes no sense at all but is guaranteed to happen eventually, regardless.

Somebody get Stephen Hawking on the phone. Can that guy use a telephone? I think he can. I mean, you just assume.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-25-2015, 05:30 AM
AND, aaaaaaand... there's an Official 2K3 Soundtrack Album, with a Limited-Edition Collector's Double-LP set containing the Fred Wolf soundtrack as a Bonus!

Oh man. I'd buy that.

Did you know that people still buy vinyl? (http://www.soundtracksonvinyl.com/) It even has higher-quality audio that CDs (though I'm sure it's impossible for a human to tell the difference).

mrminister4446
03-25-2015, 09:21 AM
I actually had the DVD's with the shredder strikes and shredder strikes back episodes + the undergounrd episodes, I do not know where they are though. I do remember they had a really annoying pause bit in the middle of each episode where a short bit of the theme utne would play. It was extremely annoying.

But anyways, if I ever wanted to preserve this show for future generations, I'd just find them on youtube and put them on some bought blank discs, because I have no faith in nickelodeon. And it's not like the quality will ruin the show for me.

Bry
03-25-2015, 10:51 AM
aw you gotta be kidding me.

I've got the S1 and S2 sets already, so this doesn't effect me personally... but come on. I don't like these "three episodes a disc" releases as a rule, but is there any reason, any reason at all to put out a "volume one" without any of the first episodes?

I don't even see it as "disrespect" exactly -- if they wanted to really disrespect the show they'd just keep pretending it never existed. But it is extreme laziness. I am happy that they're releasing the show again, but I really wish they weren't gambling with its success like this. Put in the effort! It wouldn't even take that much.

Hell, I'd buy it! We've got like four record players in the house. :trazz:

CyberCubed
03-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Even then why are they releasing the last 6 episodes of Season 1 instead of starting at the beginning? Kids of today have never seen TMNT 2k3, they'll be confused.

Aaronardo
03-25-2015, 03:47 PM
Kids of today have never seen TMNT 2k3, they'll be confused.

Exactly why I don't get this "3 episodes a disc" thing. Nobody except kids of today would want to (coax their parents to) buy these kinds of releases, so why do this? It.. agh... it makes no sense!

neatoman
03-25-2015, 03:56 PM
So since Nickelodeon have proven they somehow reach 26 before 1 when they count, what other incompetence have they displayed?

Aaronardo
03-25-2015, 04:36 PM
So since Nickelodeon have proven they somehow reach 26 before 1 when they count, what other incompetence have they displayed?

I'd tell you, but there's so much I'm not sure the forum would let me submit a post that big.

oldmanwinters
03-25-2015, 04:43 PM
I wonder if this is Nick's attempt at a "dry run" to gauge interest in the old show?

I really think they would have been better off to just release a "Season 1" case with some kind of "Retro Appreciation" labeling and hope for the best in regards to sales.

Agreed. I've never understood why any company would want to release something with a terrible looking cover. I can understand they didn't want to spend lots of money commissioning new artwork, but why not put a little thought into something eye catching since this show is something that is relatively obscure to the generation of kids who grew up on the new show. When DC started released their old Superfriends cartoons on DVD about a decade ago, their release schedule was ridiculous but I do credit them on investing in some decent looking cover artwork in order to appeal to the same folks who were buying their more popular contemporary shows on DVD like Batman: TAS and Justice League.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-25-2015, 05:23 PM
I've never understood why any company would want to release something with a terrible looking cover. I can understand they didn't want to spend lots of money commissioning new artwork, but why not put a little thought into something eye catching since this show is something that is relatively obscure to the generation of kids who grew up on the new show.

They don't even need to do any work! I think it'd be acceptable if they even just reused 4Kids' original cover art (http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/8/8a/TMNT_4Kids_Series_S1P2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140705040253), since it isn't just the same promo images we've seen everywhere.

They pulled this crappy cover BS with Turtles Forever too. They only had the 4Kids turtles on the cover, even though the film's big thing was that the OT turtles were in it too! :tmad:

I am curious as to whether they'll bother to have any special features on these discs, or even any menu music.

CyberCubed
03-25-2015, 05:26 PM
I am curious as to whether they'll bother to have any special features on these discs, or even any menu music.

Don't be silly, of course not. There will probably just be one commercial for the Nick TMNT cartoon and that's it.

Leo656
03-25-2015, 06:10 PM
When DC started released their old Superfriends cartoons on DVD about a decade ago, their release schedule was ridiculous but I do credit them on investing in some decent looking cover artwork in order to appeal to the same folks who were buying their more popular contemporary shows on DVD like Batman: TAS and Justice League.

Haha, I remember that sh*t. I just finally got the last Super-Friends set that I needed for Christmas. That show might have had the worst release schedule ever. Half-season sets, released months or years apart, seasons released in the absolute wackiest order ever - starting in the series middle, then releasing *some* of the earlier ones, then going back and putting out the FINAL few Seasons, THEN going back and finishing the first few, before finally completing the series by releasing the rest of the ones in the middle. And it took them over ten years to do it.

I know many people, myself included, have talked about how stupid the FW and 2K3 TMNT seasons were handled, but I kind of think Suuper-Friends has to take the cake for worst release schedule ever, at least among shows that actually got a full release. I might be the only one who actually has the complete series. Who else would care that much? You needed charts and graphs just to remember which Seasons you already owned, and it's not even a good enough show to justify the effort. Just ridiculous.

But yeah, the cover art was really neat.

oldmanwinters
03-25-2015, 07:19 PM
I know many people, myself included, have talked about how stupid the FW and 2K3 TMNT seasons were handled, but I kind of think Suuper-Friends has to take the cake for worst release schedule ever, at least among shows that actually got a full release. I might be the only one who actually has the complete series. Who else would care that much? You needed charts and graphs just to remember which Seasons you already owned, and it's not even a good enough show to justify the effort. Just ridiculous.

Well, at least you aren't quite alone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rzZxbC8vqw

I really appreciated this video. "Survival Guide" is an appropriate description though. I've picked up a few myself recently when I found them new priced at around $3 at Big Lots. I have more interest in the later end of the series, in which it actually starts to approach something close to Bruce Timm DCAU quality.

The fact that one volume appears to have been a Target exclusive is just ridiculous.

They don't even need to do any work! I think it'd be acceptable if they even just reused 4Kids' original cover art (http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/8/8a/TMNT_4Kids_Series_S1P2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140705040253), since it isn't just the same promo images we've seen everywhere.

I'm sure that removing that old 4Kids logo would cost Nick WAY too much time and money. :tlol:

Leo656
03-25-2015, 08:18 PM
That was neat, thanks. Yeah, I hated buying that f*cking show. So many times I'd be at the store, pick up a disc, and be like, "Wait... is this new? Do I have this already?" And I'd almost never pick them up because I could never remember unless I had it written down on a list in my pocket. A couple times I DID accidentally pick up duplicates, and felt like an idiot for being "sure" I didn't already have this one, only to find out I did. Towards the end I just gave up and stopped buying them in stores and ordered the last few off Amazon. They could have at LEAST put the year each season originally aired on the spine or something. Even putting them on the goddamn shelf in order is a huge hassle! Yeesh.

But yeah, "Galactic Guardians" was pretty sweet. Almost impossible to believe there's less than 5 years in between that season and Batman: TAS.

But yeah, what a chore. As a small thing that would have helped tremendously, I think putting the original year of airing/release date of a movie or show on the DVD case should be mandatory across the board, and I don't know why only a very small number of them do this. Just for the sake of convenience. Sometimes my wife will be like, "When did this originally come out?" And I can't just look at the box, because half the time that will only tell me when the DVD itself was released and not the show/movie. "Minor" nitpick, perhaps, but really, there's zero reason NOT to do it. Some do, but they all should.

Spike Spiegel
03-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Meh...

Part of me still wants to buy these just to make Nick think they could do well with season sets. Have they pulled this sort of thing with any of their major, non-Shout Factory shows?

funatic
03-26-2015, 02:47 AM
Just seeing this now and all I can say is—uggggh, seriously?? Recently sold my entire 4kids DVD collection (seasons 1-5 on 20+ DVDs) in anticipation of a nice simple collection of season sets from Nick. Wanted to sell them while they still had some value... well looks like they still do. Oh well, at least I made a pretty penny.

FlawedCoil82
03-26-2015, 06:03 AM
Ugh! Well it looks like Cyber Cubed was wrong... How much more proof does anyone need to see that Nick UNDENIABLY could not possibly care any less about the 4kid series? Whoever the head honcho at Nickelodeon is, must fap himself half to death just at the mere sight of seeing 4Kids TMNT fans being cheated and screwed over again and again as some kind of sick fetish.

Bry
03-26-2015, 08:30 AM
Ugh! Well it looks like Cyber Cubed was wrong... How much more proof does anyone need to see that Nick UNDENIABLY could not possibly care any less about the 4kid series?

Again, if that were true, they'd just bury it and pretend it never happened. They have re-aired the first two seasons and released them on iTunes. These DVDs are undeniably lazy and disappointing, but they're not nothing. I wish they'd give it more care and effort too, but it could be worse.

Whoever the head honcho at Nickelodeon is, must fap himself half to death just at the mere sight of seeing 4Kids TMNT fans being cheated and screwed over again and again as some kind of sick fetish.

Honestly, they probably didn't think of the 4Kids fans much at all. Most likely they're just trying to make a little extra money from the brand, they had content from a previous series ready to release, and they felt this was the quickest, easiest way to do it.

Not excusing the decision, mind you -- it is one weird, lazy, mind-boggling decision to release only the last six episodes of the first season in three-episode discs -- but I really don't think it was intended as any kind of personal insult.

DarkLightDragon
03-26-2015, 09:31 AM
^Yeah, it's not really them taking the p*** out of 2k3 fans on purpose, but just another example of them looking at things from a business-perspective rather a fan's perspective. Which is common practice for big companies such as Nick.

Bry
03-26-2015, 09:46 AM
I'm almost certain their thinking went something like this: they wanted something to put out quickly and easily, decided that three-episode releases were their "sweet spot", and they wanted to go with one overall "story" each (sort of making it like a DTV movie) so they just picked what seemed to be the "best" multi-episode stories from the first season.

I'm disappointed too, but who knows - maybe these will sell decently well for the kids and lead to a bigger/better, proper release for the full series down the line. Based on the press release these are just intended as cheap ("value-priced") kid-oriented DVDs, so I'm not gonna lose all hope yet. I'm not gonna buy them, but if they help give the 2003 show more exposure, that's a good thing.

ABrown
03-26-2015, 09:51 AM
Do you realize how mind-bogglingly hard it is to find DVDs for this series, let alone be able to purchase them? Some of the harder-to-find ones go for over 100 bucks!!

Wait, what? I had asked one specific person why he's ditching his 4kids dvds(that he already owns) to watch the show on the computer if he's specifically saying that he prefers watching on dvd to watching on the computer. I'm not saying that if someone doesn't already own the dvds, they should spend a fortune to purchase them. I think if someone doesn't already own the dvds, the better option absolutely is to watch on the 4kids series on the computer.

Netkeeper
03-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Again, if that were true, they'd just bury it and pretend it never happened.
Oh, you mean the thing they WERE doing up until a few months ago?

Face it, Nick hates 2k3. No need to be in denial now.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
03-26-2015, 01:48 PM

^^This is literally what everyone is thinking right now.

Companies only did this kinda thing with VHS releases.

Come on Nick, get your act together. Give us a proper release.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-26-2015, 01:50 PM

I don't care what anyone says, I'm pretty much 100% convinced Nick is deliberately sidelining and burying the 4Kids cartoon due to its comparatively darker and more serious tone.

I also don't believe the IDW staff when they say Nick isn't forcing them to mimic the current cartoon's physical designs for Mikey and Don. With this atmosphere, I'm honestly surprised Donnie got smashed in Issue #44.

And before some of you jump all over me, let me just say: some people believe in 9-11 conspiracies, or Area 51 conspiracies, or JFK assassination conspiracies... this is the conspiracy I believe. :tlol:

Bry
03-26-2015, 02:32 PM

If they hated the show and wanted to bury it, they could easily do that. They could keep it all unavailable while having every trace of it pulled from YouTube. But they are airing and releasing it. I'm definitely not saying they're treating it as well as they could or should be, but it's something.

Thing is, I can understand why they were sitting on it until recently - they launched their new show in 2012, and they likely wanted it solidly established before they aired/sold any other, previous versions.

ABrown
03-26-2015, 03:05 PM
I'm betting that this is LITERALLY duplicate releases of the dvds that were released back in 2004.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
03-26-2015, 03:05 PM
So in other words....they're not burying it...They're just Complete Morons who are out of touch with a lot of the fans.

If they WERE in touch, they would know that there would be a lot of people who would easily & quickly buy Season Sets of the Show.

Hell, they could have done this '3 episode DVD' thing for casuals AND Season Sets for the Fans.

And it's not like Nick are 'Poor Boys who Can't Afford it'. How many millions upon millions have they made off of TMNT so far on merchandise alone?

Bry
03-26-2015, 03:19 PM
So in other words....they're not burying it...They're just Complete Morons who are out of touch with a lot of the fans.

If they WERE in touch, they would know that there would be a lot of people who would easily & quickly buy Season Sets of the Show.

Hell, they could have done this '3 episode DVD' thing for casuals AND Season Sets for the Fans.

I'd like to see that, and I think there's a market for it. They may be playing it safe (or what they perceive as "playing it safe"). I dunno. But considering how prevalent (and cheap!) so many season sets are these days, I don't think these kind of releases are such a smart idea anymore. If they keep them dirt-cheap (like, $5 or so), then okay. But if they put out season sets for $25 or less, I like to think they'd sell.

ABrown
03-26-2015, 03:25 PM
If Nickelodeon truly is just "testing the water", then put a poll up on nickelodeon.com and find out what fans consider their 10 favorite episodes and put out a "best of" set.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-26-2015, 03:55 PM
If Nickelodeon truly is just "testing the water", then put a poll up on nickelodeon.com and find out what fans consider their 10 favorite episodes and put out a "best of" set.

That's actually a really good idea!

You must not work at Nickelodeon... :twink:

THGhost
03-26-2015, 10:49 PM
So it's finally happening, but not in the way that anyone wants. Typical. :roll:

At least... the box art... looks... nice...? http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/shrug.gif

Wildcat
03-27-2015, 06:28 AM
Hadn't noticed this topic.

The OT started out as volumes. I'm sure we'll eventually get season and complete series sets.
It's too profitable to never do...they know that. Basically every show gets them.

Probably don't wanna contradict the current show at the moment either.

THGhost
03-27-2015, 10:09 AM

The OT started out as volumes. I'm sure we'll eventually get season and complete series sets.
It's too profitable to never do...they know that. Basically every show gets them.

Oh I wish this was true. Not every show gets a complete set unfortunately. But hopefully this show will. It is TMNT after all.

And yeah, that's the assumption right now - not competing with their own show. It makes sense.

ImmaAxolotl
03-27-2015, 10:28 AM
Even though it wasn't exactly what I wanted, I'm still buying this jazz. I was too young to buy my own things when the show was originally airing, so this is a great opportunity for me!

turtlefanforever
03-27-2015, 11:28 AM
comes out the month after my birthday. if i was gonna get them at all i'd just ask for them as a birthday present so at least it wouldn't be my cash and i'd own them but i'll hold out for season sets. Lets just hope by years end they come to their senses and put one out. I'd even be willing to live with the crappy cover art for a season set. Although i'd hope they'd put in more effort.

CyberCubed
03-27-2015, 12:03 PM

The difference is the original cartoon DVDs started in order. Also only Season 3 was released in 4 different volumes, every other season was released as a season set. They also later on re-released Season 3 as a season set too. Then of course there's the huge Turtle Van set on top of that which had everything.

ABrown
03-27-2015, 04:41 PM
The difference is the original cartoon DVDs started in order. Also only Season 3 was released in 4 different volumes, every other season was released as a season set.

And it's not as though season three was getting released in three or four episode volumes. They were like 12 episodes on each one. 12 episodes for $10 isn't a bad deal.

THGhost
03-27-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm surprised Powder isn't here telling ImmaAxolotl to resize their sig. :P

The difference is the original cartoon DVDs started in order. Also only Season 3 was released in 4 different volumes, every other season was released as a season set. They also later on re-released Season 3 as a season set too. Then of course there's the huge Turtle Van set on top of that which had everything.

I do hope this doesn't happen. I want this series now. :rolling:

Wildcat
03-27-2015, 11:41 PM
The difference is the original cartoon DVDs started in order. Also only Season 3 was released in 4 different volumes, every other season was released as a season set. They also later on re-released Season 3 as a season set too. Then of course there's the huge Turtle Van set on top of that which had everything.Even so it started slow and it took time before they were all released and the complete van set came later.

I'm sure 2k3 will eventually get there. It's too big for Nick to pass up forever.

evan2000
03-28-2015, 12:28 AM

OT Season 3 had 47 episodes in total, a valid reason to be split across 4 volumes initially. Don't forget the first 26 episodes of the 2003 series was split across 8 volumes, although they gave us a nice DVD spine art of Leonardo and Raphael so I'm fine with that.

Probably the only thing that would attract me to triple-dip on the 2003 series is an equivalent of the Turtle Van set. I already double-dipped on the US full set and Australian full set anyway. Unless they make a Blu-ray set... nah, dream on :trazz:

THGhost
03-28-2015, 08:52 PM
I guess all we can do then is wait and see if these 2 volumes sell well (they no doubt will) and hope that Nick will then commit to full season sets. We've waited a long time already, so I guess we're used to that now. :P

Shred Head
03-29-2015, 08:01 AM
A friend of mine tells me the 2k3 series is going to be put on dvd but he doesn't have any more info. I get all happy go to this site to read the good news in detail and celebrate with my fellow 2k3fans and BAM disappointment. Really Nick 3 episodes not even in order. Just f**k you Nick f**k you and everyone who works at your DVD division. No one is going to buy this kids already got there turtles and no adult is going to eat this s**t up. I knew the release was going to be lazy and not include all the things we wanted like any extras or all the little mini flash animated episodes but to sabotage it. Yeah you read right there doing this on purpose they want this show buried they want to be able to say "Sales were to low simply put theirs no demand."

I already know the reply I'm going to get so I'll just answer it now. "But Shred Head they may be testing the waters before they bring out season sets. They aren't burying the show They aired the two seasons during the holidays and have them up on itunes." Testing the waters is bull **** they already tested the waters if they cant get enough data for a sales team from ratings on Nicktoons sales on itunes and hits to there website then nick desperately needs to fire some people. Also there not stupid they know dvds like this don't sale. As for the show being on Nicktoons briefly and itunes pure and simple it was a trap. They knew the show was on Youtube and pretty easy to find all the episodes and they wanted that crap to stop. Of course they could always throw copyright claims on them but lets face it that doesn't do any good it would just get re uploaded again. So how do you get that to stop make them think something official is coming around soon. They probably think people will be less likely to pirate or upload things if a legal version is coming out. Yeah I know I sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist but its how a feel about the Nick brand as of late. This is the last straw that broke the camels back for me I used to always be optimistic about Nick buying them and not thinking of them as the badguy but no more. Just once more Nickelodeon go **** your self.

Aaronardo
03-29-2015, 08:54 AM
A friend of mine tells me the 2k3 series is going to be put on dvd but he doesn't have any more info. I get all happy go to this site to read the good news in detail and celebrate with my fellow 2k3fans and BAM disappointment. Really Nick 3 episodes not even in order. Just f**k you Nick f**k you and everyone who works at your DVD division. No one is going to buy this kids already got there turtles and no adult is going to eat this s**t up. I knew the release was going to be lazy and not include all the things we wanted like any extras or all the little mini flash animated episodes but to sabotage it. Yeah you read right there doing this on purpose they want this show buried they want to be able to say "Sales were to low simply put theirs no demand."

I already know the reply I'm going to get so I'll just answer it now. "But Shred Head they may be testing the waters before they bring out season sets. They aren't burying the show They aired the two seasons during the holidays and have them up on itunes." Testing the waters is bull **** they already tested the waters if they cant get enough data for a sales team from ratings on Nicktoons sales on itunes and hits to there website then nick desperately needs to fire some people. Also there not stupid they know dvds like this don't sell. As for the show being on Nicktoons briefly and itunes pure and simple it was a trap. They knew the show was on Youtube and pretty easy to find all the episodes and they wanted that crap to stop. Of course they could always throw copyright claims on them but lets face it that doesn't do any good it would just get re uploaded again. So how do you get that to stop make them think something official is coming around soon. They probably think people will be less likely to pirate or upload things if a legal version is coming out. Yeah I know I sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist but its how a feel about the Nick brand as of late. This is the last straw that broke the camels back for me I used to always be optimistic about Nick buying them and not thinking of them as the badguy but no more. Just once more Nickelodeon go **** your self.

This. This one post sums up my feelings of anger and betrayal.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-29-2015, 08:55 AM
https://cakeboxfox.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/tumblr_ljl41ta2ei1qb67vbo1_400.gif

Well said, Shred-Head.

I was at first optimistic about Nick's ownership of the turtles, but after I lost interest in their show, and after seeing how flippant they are regarding the 4Kids series... I think it was a huge mistake.

Mew
03-29-2015, 08:56 AM
This. This one post sums up my feelings of anger and betrayal.
Yes. We should set fire to Nick marketing.

Aaronardo
03-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Yes. We should set fire to Nick marketing.

I call lighting the match!

Sabacooza
03-29-2015, 10:59 AM
https://cakeboxfox.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/tumblr_ljl41ta2ei1qb67vbo1_400.gif

Well said, Shred-Head.

I was at first optimistic about Nick's ownership of the turtles, but after I lost interest in their show, and after seeing how flippant they are regarding the 4Kids series... I think it was a huge mistake.I concur. Viacom/Nick owning TMNT is looking more and more terrible especially when it comes to the 2003 show.

Leo656
03-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Yeah, me too. For those reasons and lots more.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
03-30-2015, 12:14 AM
Nick is a Dick.

Plain & Simple.

Turtle Park
03-30-2015, 08:23 AM

Well said, Shred-Head.

I was at first optimistic about Nick's ownership of the turtles, but after I lost interest in their show, and after seeing how flippant they are regarding the 4Kids series... I think it was a huge mistake.

DAMN! Talking about depress!
When I saw Nick's design of turtles back in 2012, I got pissed.
Because I'm afraid they will destroy the whole series,but after the first episode aired I sort of change my mind thinking they are doing the good job.
And part of me still think this is not right.
Is like you enjoy the show and hate it simultaneously.
Now...seeing them treat 2K3 like this, it makes me feel depress.(Not angry because what is done, is done.):cry:

ImmaAxolotl
03-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Well, here are all the options of what we can do:

1) Buy the DVDs and hope to heaven that Nick gets the idea.

2) Petition for proper releases (either of season sets or a box set).

3) Kidnap all of the employees at Nick and replace them with smart, credible, loyal fans.

If we do option 3 we'll need rope, sleeping gas, and two hundred pounds of peanut butter.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-30-2015, 04:27 PM
Well, here are all the options of what we can do:

1) Buy the DVDs and hope to heaven that Nick gets the idea.

Money talks. Giving Nick money for their crappo DVDs only encourages them to spit out more.

2) Petition for proper releases (either of season sets or a box set).

I think I've only heard about one online petition ever working in my life.

3) Kidnap all of the employees at Nick and replace them with smart, credible, loyal fans.

PERFECT! And we can axe Spongebob while we're at it.

Really, tho', this is the predicament Nick has put us in. I want to support the show - I really do - but I don't want to support poor quality and shoddy releases.

What's a fan to do? Sigh...

rickwj324
03-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Money talks. Giving Nick money for their crappo DVDs only encourages them to spit out more.

Really, tho', this is the predicament Nick has put us in. I want to support the show - I really do - but I don't want to support poor quality and shoddy releases.

What's a fan to do? Sigh...

Man, I so very much want to buy the 4kids show in it's entirety! I've only seen a handful of episodes from that series. I understand the whole "if you don't support this then they won't make the others" scenario, but I cannot support such a random release like this. I just won't.

Give us full seasons or an entire series set and I'll pay whatever the asking price is... but I won't give a dime for this nonsense. What a shame... :ohwell:

ImmaAxolotl
03-31-2015, 09:21 PM
New idea: What if we constantly send them emails and letters (old-fashioned, I know) asking for season releases? This might have repercussions, however, so I'm ambivalent about this strategy.

turtlefanforever
04-07-2015, 01:46 PM
IF they're going to do them out of order at least do the ones that are high in demand, Like the Ninja tribunal season or the randoms from the 3rd season

ABrown
04-07-2015, 02:08 PM
New idea: What if we constantly send them emails and letters (old-fashioned, I know) asking for season releases? This might have repercussions, however, so I'm ambivalent about this strategy.

Ya know what might work is a Facebook page. Many sources (like this one: http://www.ew.com/article/2011/03/10/teennick-goes-retro-with-90s-programming-exclusive) claim Nickelodeon's "90's are all that" came about because of a Facebook page.

ImmaAxolotl
04-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Ya know what might work is a Facebook page. Many sources (like this one: http://www.ew.com/article/2011/03/10/teennick-goes-retro-with-90s-programming-exclusive) claim Nickelodeon's "90's are all that" came about because of a Facebook page.

That's a good idea! The thing is, I don't have a Facebook, so I wouldn't be able to participate (which is a bummer). My brother has one, though!

Longview01
04-08-2015, 04:20 AM
Why not just release all the episodes in a battle shell Special edition so it can sit proudly next to my complete original series Turtle van?

neatoman
04-08-2015, 04:51 AM
Why not just release all the episodes in a battle shell Special edition so it can sit proudly next to my complete original series Turtle van?

That would have been nice but it seems to be a big leap from what Nickelodeon are actually willing to do, considering they can't even begin with episode 1.

Gunstar_Red
04-08-2015, 11:09 AM
It's one thing to complain on a forum and another to actually do something. Everyone stop complaining/whining and DO something.

Pick a day next month and advertise it as "Send a Postcard to Nick Day" or something. Have everyone send a postcard, fan art, whatever with a short (NOT angry) suggestion(s) that they need to release the complete series on DVD. They should be flooded with mail all on one day. Keep setting aside one day every month to send a postcard until Nick addresses the issue.

I'll do it, but I need others to make an impact. It must happen in mass or else they won't care.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-08-2015, 11:42 AM
It's one thing to complain on a forum and another to actually do something. Everyone stop complaining/whining and DO something.

Pick a day next month and advertise it as "Send a Postcard to Nick Day" or something. Have everyone send a postcard, fan art, whatever with a short (NOT angry) suggestion(s) that they need to release the complete series on DVD. They should be flooded with mail all on one day. Keep setting aside one day every month to send a postcard until Nick addresses the issue.

I'll do it, but I need others to make an impact. It must happen in mass or else they won't care.

I will join this campaign. Lead us, and we shall follow!

ImmaAxolotl
04-08-2015, 02:52 PM

Okay, yeah! I can do that! I'll need to buy some postcards, though...

Should we make a new thread to tell everybody this? We can also plan the send-day while we're at it.

THGhost
04-08-2015, 03:02 PM
PERFECT! And we can axe Spongebob while we're at it.

Now that I can get behind. :lol:

Gunstar_Red
04-08-2015, 11:11 PM
I will join this campaign. Lead us, and we shall follow!

I didn't mean to say I'll head the project. ^_^;;; But, hey if I don't, more than likely it won't be done. I'll take the job! ^^;

Should we make a new thread to tell everybody this? We can also plan the send-day while we're at it.

We should. I was also thinking of a Facebook page too. I'll try to figure something out tomorrow and brainstorm with everyone who wants to get involved. ^_^

turtlefanforever
04-09-2015, 08:30 AM
just make sure to include where to send it to. Fans will be on board but not all will care enough to actually search for an address

TheBlueTurtle1
04-09-2015, 11:18 AM
How hard is it for them to just release a f***ing DVD boxset, at the very least? I want it it on Bluray, but would settle for DVD.

IT'S SIMPLE NICK!

TheSkeletonMan939
04-09-2015, 01:57 PM
How hard is it for them to just release a f***ing DVD boxset, at the very least? I want it it on Bluray, but would settle for DVD.

IT'S SIMPLE NICK!

No it isn't.

In order to please fans, Nick would have to release a quality box set, which is actually a rather expensive venture:

- Designing the box
- Creating and designing covers
- Mastering the content
- Designing the DVD menus
- Testing each and every title on the disc to make sure that everything plays properly
- Burning and labeling the DVDs in-house or hiring another company to do it
- Printing out the covers and putting them into the cases
- Praying and hoping that lots of people buy your product, because you just paid a hella lotta money for all that.

I'm sure I missed out on some steps. It isn't simple at all.

What's simple - but unacceptable - is releasing crappy 3-episode 1-disc DVDs with the most basic of stock art for a DVD cover.

And why do people want a Blu-ray for this show? There's no evidence to indicate that the masters are in HD (well... maybe Turtles Forever is...), and there's no way Nick is going to remaster them.

The most a Blu-ray could offer is the potential to hold copies of the uncompressed SD masters... and a well-mastered DVD is suitable enough.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-09-2015, 02:12 PM
No it isn't.

In order to please fans, Nick would have to release a quality box set, which is actually a rather expensive venture:

- Designing the box
- Creating and designing covers
- Mastering the content
- Designing the DVD menus
- Testing each and every title on the disc to make sure that everything plays properly
- Burning and labeling the DVDs in-house or hiring another company to do it
- Printing out the covers and putting them into the cases
- Praying and hoping that lots of people by your product, because you just paid a hella lotta money for all that.

I'm sure I missed out on some steps. It isn't simple at all.

What's simple - but unacceptable - is releasing crappy 3-episode 1-disc DVDs with the most basic of stock art for a DVD cover.

And why do people want a Blu-ray for this show? There's no evidence to indicate that the masters are in HD (well... maybe Turtles Forever is...), and there's no way Nick is going to remaster them.

The most a Blu-ray could offer is the potential to hold copies of the uncompressed SD masters... and a well-mastered DVD is suitable enough.

Hell, I think most of us would take a crappy quality box set, with no new packaging but just reusing pre-existing stock art or whatever... but I get what you're saying.

Leo656
04-09-2015, 06:22 PM
People should look at the Big Picture.

It was just recently announced that The Simpsons, the most popular animated series in the history of the universe, will not be having any more DVDs of season sets released, because they don't think they will sell enough to turn a profit.

What that means for TMNT fans, is you can pretty much forget ever seeing a "good" DVD release of the 2003 show. It's not happening. Different companies involved, but same principles. "It's going to cost us more to make than we'll make back in sales." Combine that with the short-sighted and silly push to having all media be digital within the next few years, and it adds up to one thing: Game over.

SO, you can 100% forget ever seeing a complete series release, and even season sets are probably an impossible dream at this point. IF I'm wrong, I will be the first to buy 'em, but I'm gonna go ahead right now and predict that it's never going to happen. We have what we have and that's all we're going to get. Eventually, they'll put out all the episodes on stupid Netflix or whatever, and the less-scrupulous folk will just have to make their own personal DVDs, as many already do.

CyberCubed
04-09-2015, 07:38 PM
But that's because they have a full channel to stream Simpsons on. They get profit that way.

Leo656
04-09-2015, 07:44 PM
That's only part of it. The channel exists because enough people care about it, thus the revenue.

TMNT 2K3? Not even close. I love it, it's great, but it's not something Nick is ever going to see as a huge untapped source of revenue and a lot of people ignored it when it was new and it's not on the radar of a large chunk of fans even today. I imagine it will eventually be known as the "forgotten" TMNT series. It has less to do with where else it may or may not be available for viewing, and more to do with, "Will this even sell? Is there a huge audience for this?" I'd argue, no, there's not. The show has some very vocal hardcore fans, but they're not a large number.

If they crunch the numbers and figure that they can make more money in ad revenue by running the 2K3 episodes on one of their own networks once in a great while, than they will by producing and manufacturing and selling box sets that not many people are guaranteed to buy, then they won't release it.

Best we can hope for, I figure, might be some kind of manufactured on demand deal sold through Amazon or something, but even that might be asking too much.

CyberCubed
04-09-2015, 08:25 PM
The entire Next Mutation series was released on DVD of all things, a series that's universally hated by fans. Sure it was only 26 episodes, but they still released it in two sets.

2k3 will get boxsets eventually.

Leo656
04-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Entire industry was in a different place then, homie. That ish was like three years ago already. Companies were putting almost everything that ever existed out on DVD at one point, for like 5 minutes. Then people started downloading everything and now DVDs and Blu-Ray are "a waste" because "they take up too much space", so companies don't even want to print them.

You can't really compare the two. Sure, 2K3 is better and more fondly remembered, but the market is totally different now and physical media is considered a "dinosaur". I hate it, and I'd love to get a real 2K3 DVD release, but I'm almost positive it won't happen. Nick had a chance to release it, they didn't want to compete against their own show, now the medium is dying, so 2K3 goes on the shelf. It's business.

ImmaAxolotl
04-10-2015, 08:12 AM
just make sure to include where to send it to. Fans will be on board but not all will care enough to actually search for an address

So how would we find the correct address? Is Wikipedia a reliable source? Or mayhaps Google Maps?

It's business.

Well, I hate business! I know what you're saying is true because of what I learned in Sociology, but it doesn't mean I have to like it!

Maybe we can convince them to make DVDs for the hipsters... If we can join forces with that group, surely that'd be enough to make a profit. We could also send Nick our own designs for the DVD covers, box set, etc. so all they'd have to do is burn the eps. We can do this!

TheBlueTurtle1
04-10-2015, 09:22 AM
There must be something we can do... maybe get them to do a kickstarter or something. I would put some money upfront for a boxset.

ABrown
04-10-2015, 10:17 AM
The news that there won't be any more Simpsons dvds (http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/09/no-more-simpsons-seasons-released-on-dvd) has me really worried about the future of the dvd industry. If the 4Kids series doesn't get season sets (or an entire series set) in the next year or so, I don't think it's ever going to happen.

Spike Spiegel
04-10-2015, 01:11 PM
This is disheartening to say the least. Speaking of the possible end of physical media--just today at WalMart I saw a high end Sony blu-ray player on sale for less than $70. It's starting to remind me of when they were phasing out the VHS format.

I've already cut my losses and bought the 2 season one volumes from Amazon, along with the DVD volumes "Turtles in Space" and "Secret Origins. "

That was the peak of the series IMHO, save for the second half of Season 4, which I might pick up as well. Ch'rell should have stayed dead after "Secret Origins." I already have the rest of the series through...other means.

Do you all think the rest of the show will make it to iTunes/Amazon?

TheSkeletonMan939
04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
There must be something we can do... maybe get them to do a kickstarter or something. I would put some money upfront for a boxset.

When has a Kickstarter to make a company do something ever worked?

THGhost
04-12-2015, 08:30 PM
One day, we will get box sets of the 2K3 series. I can feel it.

When has a Kickstarter to make a company do something ever worked?

I'm pretty sure a few game developers have got their games made through Kickstarter campaigns.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-12-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm pretty sure a few game developers have got their games made through Kickstarter campaigns.

That's different. That's a company/group of people trying to collect the funds to do something they wanna do.

I'm talking about having an online petition to make a company do something. I've never heard of that working before.

DevilSpooky
04-13-2015, 02:04 AM
That's different. That's a company/group of people trying to collect the funds to do something they wanna do.

I'm talking about having an online petition to make a company do something. I've never heard of that working before.

Final Fantasy Type-0 was only released on the west because of an online petition, one was also the reason why nintendo decided to bring Xenoblade Chronicles to the US and the Legend of Zelda Hyrule Historia to the west. Sure they are few but it has happened already, and more then once too.

The Fifth Turtle
04-13-2015, 11:53 AM
The news that there won't be any more Simpsons dvds (http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/09/no-more-simpsons-seasons-released-on-dvd) has me really worried about the future of the dvd industry. If the 4Kids series doesn't get season sets (or an entire series set) in the next year or so, I don't think it's ever going to happen.

I'm glad I picked up my 2k series dvds on the day of release. I was hesitant on buying the overseas Back to The Sewer volumes to complete my collection but I am glad I did. I wonder if BTTS will ever get a release over here.

ABrown
04-13-2015, 05:33 PM
One day, we will get box sets of the 2K3 series. I can feel it.

There was a time that I believed that. That time was about five years ago. Every day that goes by now, I see it as less and less likely. There may be blessing in disguise though. With the dvd market looking like it's going to be coming to an end, perhaps the entire series will be available to be owned digitally. The first two seasons are already available. Maybe the rest of the series will follow. The problem for me though is that I don't want to purchase a show/movie digitally. Say I make the purchase through Comcast. One day if I decide to discontinue using Comcast for my television services, I'll lose my purchases. Digital is great for renting something that you haven't seen before. But I'm not sold on purcasing digitally yet.

Y2Bogus
04-17-2015, 10:27 AM
There was a time that I believed that. That time was about five years ago. Every day that goes by now, I see it as less and less likely. There may be blessing in disguise though. With the dvd market looking like it's going to be coming to an end, perhaps the entire series will be available to be owned digitally. The first two seasons are already available. Maybe the rest of the series will follow. The problem for me though is that I don't want to purchase a show/movie digitally. Say I make the purchase through Comcast. One day if I decide to discontinue using Comcast for my television services, I'll lose my purchases. Digital is great for renting something that you haven't seen before. But I'm not sold on purcasing digitally yet.

On the subject of digital, maybe I can help put you at ease. I don't use comcast, I use fios, so I can't speak for certain on comcast, but fios uses ultraviolet licenses. So anything I purchase on fios, goes into my ultraviolet digital locker so I can access it through any of my ultraviolet providers, for example, Vudu.

If tomorrow I cancel my fios sub, I still continue to own the ultraviolet license to the content I purchased and can continue to watch it in my Vudu app.

The one thing that isn't optimal yet is that companies are being very slow in their adoption of obtaining UV rights for television shows as opposed to movies. For example, I own Season 1 and 2 of Arrow on Ultraviolet which I redeemed through Flixster. Because Vudu also has the UV rights to Arrow, I can continue to watch Arrow through Vudu if Flixster goes belly up. But I also own the UV rights to Season 2 - 4 of Adventure Time, again through Flixster. Because Vudu doesn't yet have UV rights to Adventure Time, I can't watch it through Vudu yet. Vudu Customer Service has been helpful and says they are in the process of getting those rights and will keep me updated.

My own personal beef with digital is that the pricing is terrible.

dragonside
04-17-2015, 11:10 PM
seriously

this is a pretty old marketing scheme. I think as long as people don't buy into this, they'll do the box sets.

They're just trying to milk the franchise - like their dvd releases for their show - they're trying to split it out a bit, but they know, it should have some sort of season release.

just gotta wait. Nick will come to their sense.

nylemon
04-18-2015, 12:37 AM
i dont think the cover is that bad,the original truck is worse because they use 2007 movie characters' poses,at least this is still 2k3.
i am somehow goona buy this "crap" cause if they wanna bury the series they can just never metion it.i have the first two seasons(chinese version) but lost one or two by borrowing to my nephew.
nick pls let me spend some money on the whole series!:x

ABrown
04-18-2015, 10:14 AM
seriously

this is a pretty old marketing scheme. I think as long as people don't buy into this, they'll do the box sets.

You really think that if people don't buy these releases, Nick will put out season sets? If these releases don't get any sales, I think Nickelodeon is going to assume that people aren't interested in buying the 4Kids series on dvd.

They're just trying to milk the franchise - like their dvd releases for their show - they're trying to split it out a bit, but they know, it should have some sort of season release.

just gotta wait. Nick will come to their sense.

I mean even if Nickelodeon wants to split up the show to get the most releases possible, they could still do sets containing 12-14 episodes each. That would give them 12 total sets: two sets for each of the first four seasons, one set for season five, two sets for Fast Forward, and one set for Back To The Sewer.

dragonside
04-18-2015, 11:23 AM
You really think that if people don't buy these releases, Nick will put out season sets? If these releases don't get any sales, I think Nickelodeon is going to assume that people aren't interested in buying the 4Kids series on dvd.

I mean even if Nickelodeon wants to split up the show to get the most releases possible, they could still do sets containing 12-14 episodes each. That would give them 12 total sets: two sets for each of the first four seasons, one set for season five, two sets for Fast Forward, and one set for Back To The Sewer.

It's 3 episodes a disc........ right now. 65 minutes 1 disc. I agree that's what they "should" do.

THGhost
04-18-2015, 08:23 PM

That's definitely happened before, yes.

Spike Spiegel
04-20-2015, 10:25 PM
That's definitely happened before, yes.

A snail mail campaign helped Star Trek have a third season back in '69.

With the connectivity of the Internet, this stuff is possible.

turtlefanforever
04-21-2015, 07:44 AM
theres a 3rd 1 released the same day but has no pic, pulvcerizer power, kinda assuming thts 2012

ImmaAxolotl
04-21-2015, 04:42 PM

Yeah! We can do this! All we need is teamwork and positive thinking!

(I swear that there's a line like that in Turtles Forever. Blast my befouled memory!)

THGhost
04-26-2015, 04:34 PM

Wow, that's awesome. Go snail mail. :tcool:

Luke795
04-29-2015, 10:14 AM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-NYC-Showdown-and-Search-for-Splinter/21026

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NYC Showdown
"Return to New York, Part 1"
"Return to New York, Part 2"
"Return to New York, Part 3"

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Search for Splinter
"Things Change"
"The Search for Splinter, Part 1"
"The Search for Splinter, Part 2"

tilallr1
04-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Cool that they are releasing anything from the 2003 series. Too bad its out of order. I just need season 3/4 at this point and I am good. So hopefully they will release those episodes as well down the pipe.

Bry
04-30-2015, 10:44 AM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-NYC-Showdown-and-Search-for-Splinter/21026

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NYC Showdown
"Return to New York, Part 1"
"Return to New York, Part 2"
"Return to New York, Part 3"

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Search for Splinter
"Things Change"
"The Search for Splinter, Part 1"
"The Search for Splinter, Part 2"

Nick... what are you even doing? I get putting out a standalone Return to New York disc. I understand following it up with Search for Splinter. But randomly sticking the series premiere in between those runs? What possible reason could there be to do it this way?

TheSkeletonMan939
04-30-2015, 01:45 PM
What possible reason could there be to do it this way?

The reason is that Nick's home video team is made up of a bunch of twenty-somethings who huffed too much paint as kids.

It's completely baffling and embarrassing that a huge company like Nick can't put out a DVD without failing abominably.

And we though Planet of the Turtleoids being skipped was bad.

CyberCubed
04-30-2015, 02:54 PM
The Season 1 episodes are also the most common 4kids releases too, its not like anyone could be missing those particular episodes. They should have started at Seasons 3 or 4.

turtlefanforever
04-30-2015, 04:10 PM
The Season 1 episodes are also the most common 4kids releases too, its not like anyone could be missing those particular episodes. They should have started at Seasons 3 or 4.

If they did a re-release of Ninja Tribunal that would almost instantly fly off the shelves

Bry
04-30-2015, 08:58 PM
I managed to find a used copy of Ninja Tribunal at my comic shop for like $8 a year or so back. The wallet was out immediately.

If they just did this in order, even if it was in smaller/cheaper releases, I'd gladly wait it out and buy the runs I don't own. But it's not a current series, and kids aren't as familiar with it. They've re-aired it, and that's great, but I just don't see how this kind of release will be effective or worthwhile - the fans won't want or need it, and it'll do a terrible job hooking a new audience. The show has fans willing to buy new, decent releases, and there's no reason they can't sell season/half-season sets cheaply enough to also appeal to the casual market.

THGhost
05-03-2015, 12:00 PM

Ahem, no. I only own season 1. I therefore need season 2, which is the rarest most expensive. :P

The Coffee Man
05-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Why are we getting a re-release of certain episodes? I'd rather get a complete collection. I bought the complete collection of OT series back in November, I would love a re-release of the 2003 series. If Nick can release a complete collection of the OT series then this shouldn't be an issue.

(Also call me picky but a re-dub of Turtles Forever with the original voice actors for the OT Turtles would also be nice.)

DarkLightDragon
05-03-2015, 01:27 PM
1. Nick doesn't own the Fred Wolf series.

2. To get the original voice actors, Nick/Viacom would have to pay the union they're a part of.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-03-2015, 03:39 PM
To get the original voice actors, Nick/Viacom would have to pay the union they're a part of.

Easy. They've already got Rob Paulsen.

CyberCubed
05-03-2015, 04:18 PM
I am confident we'll get a proper release of this show eventually. First we had nothing, then the itunes releases, now these "test" DVDs. Its only a matter of time.

THGhost
05-03-2015, 07:13 PM
...a re-dub of Turtles Forever with the original voice actors for the OT Turtles would also be nice.

1. Nick doesn't own the Fred Wolf series.

2. To get the original voice actors, Nick/Viacom would have to pay the union they're a part of.

Easy. They've already got Rob Paulsen.

I think it's a lot harder than you think. :P

I am confident we'll get a proper release of this show eventually. First we had nothing, then the itunes releases, now these "test" DVDs. Its only a matter of time.

I'm with you on that one. Optimism, people. Optimism. :tcool:

TheSkeletonMan939
05-03-2015, 07:27 PM
I think it's a lot harder than you think. :P

I know. But they've already got one.

Several thousand dollars buys the rest.

But just because it's easy doesn't mean it's realistic.

BlueKatana
06-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Still on the fence about these. Want to get series on DVD, but not sure I want to start getting these individual volumes.

ABrown
06-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Well. It's 6/9/15. Anyone rushing out to the stores to buy these? Cause I'm not.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-09-2015, 10:23 AM
Well. It's 6/9/15. Anyone rushing out to the stores to buy these? Cause I'm not.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :tparty:

Half-assed DVD releases! :tparty:

Danetello
06-09-2015, 10:46 AM
I ordered mine from Amazon, and they came today.
I don't really like that they are random episodes, but I have this thing in my head that tells me I just NEED all TMNT DVDs, LOL.
Plus, I felt that I needed to show my support for the show, so that it gets a proper release; if that's what Nick are trying to gage.
They were less than $7 each, so it was no big deal.

Aaronardo
06-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Still not getting these. If Viacom wants my money, they'll have to put effort into what they do. But, hey, who puts effort into anything anymore, amirite?
Actual effort/proper release or no business, Nick. C'mon, now, it's pretty much Business 101.

turtlefanforever
06-09-2015, 06:04 PM
i'd just suggest waiting, they'll be piling up in the $5 bin at walmart's soon enough

ToTheNines
06-09-2015, 06:34 PM
I really wanna support the 2k3 show, but you literally couldn't pay me to waste my shelf space with these.

funatic
06-09-2015, 06:40 PM
I might buy one simply to show the higher-ups there's an interest in this series, and hopefully help the cause for season sets in the future. Something to consider if anyone has the $7 to spare.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-09-2015, 06:49 PM
I might buy one simply to show the higher-ups there's an interest in this series

I have interest in this series. But I don't have interest in buying a half-assed DVD with three to four episodes on it. It took Nickelodeon six years to make DVDs for this series and what they've done is worse than not making any at all.

The best way to support the 2K3 show right now is to not buy this release.

If anyone does bother to waste a few bucks on this, would you mind taking a quick look at the audio specs? I'm assuming 192kbps stereo, but you never know...

Danetello
06-09-2015, 07:43 PM
If anyone does bother to waste a few bucks on this, would you mind taking a quick look at the audio specs? I'm assuming 192kbps stereo, but you never know...

The Search for Splinter just says Dolby Audio.
NYC Showdown says Dolby Audio and English Stereo.

ABrown
06-10-2015, 12:11 PM
I have interest in this series. But I don't have interest in buying a half-assed DVD with three to four episodes on it. It took Nickelodeon six years to make DVDs for this series and what they've done is worse than not making any at all.

The best way to support the 2K3 show right now is to not buy this release.

I wish that I believed that. But I can't help but think that if these two dvds don't sell, then Nickelodeon is going to assume that people don't have any interest in purchasing this series on dvd.

I might buy one simply to show the higher-ups there's an interest in this series, and hopefully help the cause for season sets in the future. Something to consider if anyone has the $7 to spare.

I have to admit, I really am tempted to do the same thing.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-10-2015, 03:04 PM
The Search for Splinter just says Dolby Audio.
NYC Showdown says Dolby Audio and English Stereo.

Figured. Thanks for the info.

f these two dvds don't sell, then Nickelodeon is going to assume that people don't have any interest in purchasing this series on dvd.

I honestly don't have any interest if this is the DVD I'm expected to buy. :cry:

neatoman
06-11-2015, 03:22 AM
So any word of Region 2 DVDs?

turtlefanforever
06-11-2015, 12:49 PM
couldn't even find these at my local walmart. probably wasn't gonna buy anyway but i'd like to see them at least

Danetello
06-11-2015, 12:52 PM
couldn't even find these at my local walmart. probably wasn't gonna buy anyway but i'd like to see them at least

I know they were on sale at my local Target. I don't go in Walmart.

ABrown
06-12-2015, 01:26 PM

I know they were on sale at my local Target. I don't go in Walmart.

I didn't see them at Target. I did see them at Meijer.

FlawedCoil82
06-17-2015, 05:25 PM
I dont think it would hurt to buy these dvds because I suspect Nick released these just to test the marketability for this series and see if season sets would be worth it. But now if they release more 3 episode discs after these, then thats when it is definitely time to give Nick the collective middle finger.

TLP
06-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Yeah...I'm not really going to buy these new dvds until they put at least 13 episode volumes on a single set. The 4Kids releases are becoming harder to find and more expensive.

ABrown
06-26-2015, 04:42 PM
Nickelodoen's Twitter page for DVD releases (@NickelodeonDVD / https://twitter.com/NickelodeonDVD) has been tweeting about these two dvd releases. I'm going to make sure to let them know that these stupid little volumes are not appreciated.

Storm Eagle
06-30-2015, 06:53 PM
Well here are a couple more for you guys, coming September 15th.

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Casey/dp/B0107GC3OM/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1435708287&sr=1-1&keywords=Ninja+Turtles

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Shredder/dp/B010NQW5VC/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1435708287&sr=1-2&keywords=Ninja+Turtles

Aaronardo
06-30-2015, 07:45 PM
It's official. Viacom has completely flipped their sh*t. I mean, if they seriously think this is going to make them MONEY? For all the kids (or parents of the kids) know, it's just a cheap knockoff of the TMNT they know. For the audience I assume Viacom is trying to appeal to, the original fans of the 2003 show, we don't care. We've had enough of this "three episodes a disc" bullsh*t that has just made trying to collect the show we love on DVD a complete PAIN.

I think we just need to say this nice and slowly. Make season sets of the 2003 TMNT show and there will be a lot of people who will buy them. My god.

LeoRaph
06-30-2015, 09:22 PM
WTFreakinF???:tgrumble::tgrumble::tgrumble:

MORE 3-4 episode discs in 2015???

AND they're even redoing them 'exactly' as the original 3-4 disc were... well the titles anyway seemingly....talk about LAZY. But somehow I have the feeling this will not be in sequence order like the originals SAVE Seasons 3 & 4 (US versions) it will be more of a 'greatest hits' thing.

How many of 'these' do you need to TEST the market, it's the BEST animated series of TMNT hands down, it will sell like Hotcakes in complete series versions, there is a huge huge huge demand for them, what's so hard to understand about that???

Sigh...It's very hard to be positive about this when it feels like a constant slap in the face.

pennydreadful
06-30-2015, 10:10 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Casey/dp/B0107GC3OM/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1435708287&sr=1-1&keywords=Ninja+Turtles

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Shredder/dp/B010NQW5VC/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1435708287&sr=1-2&keywords=Ninja+Turtles

http://media.giphy.com/media/tVTnEqzAxxmyA/giphy.gif

A dvd release for ants?! The dvd releases need to have at least... 3 times more episodes than this!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Wow. Unf*ckingbelievable.

Bry
06-30-2015, 10:53 PM
What I wouldn't give for some decent season or half-season sets of this show. I mean, I'm glad Nick has remembered it exists... But considering it's the "retro" TMNT series they own outright, I'd hope they'd put a little more effort into engaging and building on its audience.

Ah well. The most I can hope for is eventually getting to complete my spotty season 3 and 4 collections. Though I doubt these releases will ever get that far.

Leo656
06-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Sure is GREAT how Laird sold the whole f*cking shebang to Nick/Viacom, AIN'T IT?! We sure are LUCKY to have all this CRAP to sift through, AREN'T WE?! :roll:

Boy, do I wish someone else had paid Laird off instead. DC/WB, preferably. But anyone. Disney/Marvel. Cartoon Network. The goddamn Discovery Channel. Chef Boyardee. Keebler, possibly, or even Sunshine f*cking Biscuits.

Anyone else would be doing a better job with this franchise than Nick has/is. Literally Any Other Company.

turtlefanforever
07-01-2015, 08:20 AM

at least the cover art is better, but if they're gonna do this crap at least make the side art match up like the original releases did. That'd give me enough motivation to buy them like this.

Sure is GREAT how Laird sold the whole f*cking shebang to Nick/Viacom, AIN'T IT?! We sure are LUCKY to have all this CRAP to sift through, AREN'T WE?! :roll:

Boy, do I wish someone else had paid Laird off instead. DC/WB, preferably. But anyone. Disney/Marvel. Cartoon Network. The goddamn Discovery Channel. Chef Boyardee. Keebler, possibly, or even Sunshine f*cking Biscuits.

Anyone else would be doing a better job with this franchise than Nick has/is. Literally Any Other Company.
Haha remember when Laird sold TMNT to Nick/Viacom? Pepperidge farm remembers

DarkLightDragon
07-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Spectacular, Nick. Just spectacular.

I shall continue not purchasing these so-called excuses of 2k3-fanservice and shall continue waiting for you to put some more effort into further attempts in putting 2k3 on home-release.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Nick's people responsible for the TMNT IP are just a bunch of trolling a-holes.

Almost makes you wish the IP hadn't been sold... but as long as we have IDW's TMNT comics, I'm content. And the 4Kids cartoons on YouTube.

Unworthy tinker
07-01-2015, 11:48 AM
This. Is. Stupid. Why buy the franchise when you won't treat it well? TMNT would be sooo much better in Cartoon network's hands. Or yeah, if it was never sold. Just sayin'. I mean, I'm not ungrateful that they're even acknowledging the fact that this series exists, but come on! Why...ugh...

DarkLightDragon
07-01-2015, 11:56 AM
This. Is. Stupid. Why buy the franchise when you won't treat it well? TMNT would be sooo much better in Cartoon network's hands. Just sayin'.

Ironic considering there was a time where I swear I saw 2k3 air on CN during a time when it was still on 4Kids.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-01-2015, 12:01 PM
It's so bizarre, considering how little it costs to print DVDs.

Seems like a lot of parents would snatch up a full season set or half-season set for the same price as, say the 6 or so episodes per disc the current Nick show does for its own releases.

There's $$$ there for their taking. Not a windfall, but easy $$$ nonetheless. And yet Nick sits on their asses and drools on itself instead.

Powder
07-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Ironic considering there was a time where I swear I saw 2k3 air on CN during a time when it was still on 4Kids.

It did, you're not imagining things.

ABrown
07-01-2015, 12:40 PM

Oh good. I was hoping for more stupid little volumes, and not proper season sets. [/sarcasm]

There definitely was. In fact there's an episode that aired on CN before it aired on The Fox Box (or whatever they were calling themselves at the time).

It's so bizarre, considering how little it costs to print DVDs.

Seems like a lot of parents would snatch up a full season set or half-season set for the same price as, say the 6 or so episodes per disc the current Nick show does for its own releases.

There's $$$ there for their taking. Not a windfall, but easy $$$ nonetheless. And yet Nick sits on their asses and drools on itself instead.

Which is really weird because these stupid little volumes seem like they're meant for little kids. Kids today already have a TMNT cartoon that they can buy volumes of on dvd. The kids who watched the 4Kids series are all teenagers now.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Which is really weird because these stupid little volumes seem like they're meant for little kids. Kids today already have a TMNT cartoon that they can buy volumes of on dvd. The kids who watched the 4Kids series are all teenagers now.

And the teenagers who watched the 4Kids series are all adults. With money. And in a culture that no longer makes fun of adults who like cartoons, anime, and comics.

WTF, Nick... WTF.

FlawedCoil82
07-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Where is CyberCubed?!?! I suspect that on his tombstone eulogy, it will simply say "I Still Believe." :lol:

Well, I was willing to give Nick a pass on the first 2 releases as I figured it was just them testing the market first, but obviously now that is not the case. It is undeniable that they have been diagnosed with a lethal case of "Cluelessacitis". I'll take the other 2 dvds I bought in good faith back to the store and get my money back. Nick can kiss my @$$.

CyberCubed
07-01-2015, 03:58 PM
We will get a full series set eventually, these releases are aimed at parents to buy for their kids to make a quick buck.

FlawedCoil82
07-01-2015, 04:09 PM
We will get a full series set eventually, these releases are aimed at parents to buy for their kids to make a quick buck.

But you would think that a much quicker buck could be made by releasing this series on discs that everyone wanted to pay for. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE that Nick bigwigs can conjure up that could justify why the single disc releases of their own show contain (at minimum) 6-7 episodes IN ORDER, and yet for these they can only muster out 3 or 4 out of order episodes. I swear, its like Nick felt that even the guy who did "Turtles Forever" put WAY too much effort into that release, so they fired him to get someone else who had even less #$&@s to give.

CyberCubed
07-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Each season is 26 episodes, a 26 episode boxset is probably going to cost at least $30. Season sets will be aimed at collectors or fans of the series.

These cheap $9.99 DVDs are just for parents to buy their kids.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Each season is 26 episodes, a 26 episode boxset is probably going to cost at least $30. Season sets will be aimed at collectors or fans of the series.

These cheap $9.99 DVDs are just for parents to buy their kids.

Dude, some DVD season sets will literally go for $9.99. Black Friday online shopping is a wonderful thing.

And yes, normal retail isn't $9.99... but for an out-of-date series they don't want to put much effort into? I think it would be smart business.

Of the three major business entities holding a share of TMNT creativity these days (IDW, Nick, and Platinum Dunes), only one of them has any frakking clue what TMNT fans want to pay money for.

TLP
07-01-2015, 08:25 PM

Now that's monkey ass right there.

Thanks for saving me some Taco Bell money Nickelodeon! :D

turtlefanforever
07-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Now that's monkey ass right there.

Thanks for saving me some Taco Bell money Nickelodeon! :D

Screw taco bell. $1 drinks 2 to 5. The most inopportune time to go there.

Not to get off topic. So i'll just reiterate that if they are going to do these, they need the synced up side art.

CyberCubed
07-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Guys you just gotta BELIEVE.

Hold on to hope.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-01-2015, 10:58 PM

Hold on to hope.

Serenade me with some Journey, my man, and I'll try...

Aaronardo
07-02-2015, 09:30 AM

Hold on to hope.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/bdc1c1210a280665a1fea56c296cf64d/tumblr_mgw5jptHdY1rtcfaqo1_500.gif
I couldn't resist.
Though I wish I knew why the only gif of this that exists plasters Homestuck faces onto the characters' faces.

DarkLightDragon
07-02-2015, 10:19 AM

Hold on to hope.

Too bad Nick's not giving me much of a reason to.

Spike Spiegel
07-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Almost makes you wish the IP hadn't been sold... but as long as we have IDW's TMNT comics, I'm content. And the 4Kids cartoons on YouTube.

It's also nice having the original Mirage stuff back in print.

I took a chance and direct tweeted Nickelodeon's Twitter account.