PDA

View Full Version : Did chi/ki/qi have a factor in this show?

Ulisa
03-24-2015, 12:35 AM
I remember a few episodes where they used meditation, specifically in the episode "Bad Day" to fend off the mental attack of the Foot. I also remember them using similar techniques to keep from suffocating in the Turtles in Space Arc.

I always wondered if the powers they got in the Ninja Tribunal Arc were related to manipulating ki or if they were something external. Maybe it was the way it was animated but I always wondered if it boosted their ki control.

Now, when I talk about ki having a factor, I'm not talking DBZ/similar anime type effect (though I do admit the idea of a 'KAMEhameha' coming from a Mutant turtle sounds cool) but did ki have the ability to boost their skills? I have heard that concentrating ki into an attack can boost its strength, speed etc. Do you think you could say that kind of thing applied here?

neatoman
03-24-2015, 04:50 AM
I'm sure ki was part of the show somehow, Leonardo did show the ability to sense his family from far away. Not to mention the powers the tribunal displayed.

As for the stuff the turtles themselves did in season 5, they never displayed those powers before they got those medallions and never had them after they were destroyed, although I think they were meant to draw out hidden potential or something... Their hidden potential seemingly involved turning into dragons and summoning the ghost of Hamato Yoshi... Yeah, let's just pretend it was just the medallions themselves that did that stuff...

ImmaAxolotl
03-31-2015, 09:25 PM
I remember a few episodes where they used meditation, specifically in the episode "Bad Day" to fend off the mental attack of the Foot. I also remember them using similar techniques to keep from suffocating in the Turtles in Space Arc.

I always wondered if the powers they got in the Ninja Tribunal Arc were related to manipulating ki or if they were something external. Maybe it was the way it was animated but I always wondered if it boosted their ki control.

Now, when I talk about ki having a factor, I'm not talking DBZ/similar anime type effect (though I do admit the idea of a 'KAMEhameha' coming from a Mutant turtle sounds cool) but did ki have the ability to boost their skills? I have heard that concentrating ki into an attack can boost its strength, speed etc. Do you think you could say that kind of thing applied here?

I think they could do some things with their ki, and the medallions just magnified them and gave them new abilities. Astral Plane jazz and all that.

You know, I love how this show had elements of science and the mystic. I'm fascinated with both, so this is pretty awesome for me.