PDA

View Full Version : Is This Everything?

Powder
03-29-2015, 05:17 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/5zjpuc.jpg

Not counting BTTS, do I have every episode from the 4kids series across these DVD sets? I'm not missing anything, right? & I'm not talking about other discs with similar content, I just want to be sure I have every episode.

Aaronardo
03-29-2015, 05:45 PM
So, that's what a complete set of TMNT 2003's NTSC DVDs looks like. It's so beautiful.
Oh. Yeah, that's everything.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Yes, that looks like it's everything... unless you count the uncut TF.

CyberCubed
03-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I suggest you buy the UK version of Turtles Forever though from amazon or somewhere to get the uncut version, assuming you have a region free player.

Mew
03-30-2015, 04:40 AM
Someone's rich, I can tell 'ya that. :P

Jester
03-30-2015, 04:56 AM
Someone's rich, I can tell 'ya that. :P
Only if he bought them now. If you bought them as they released, they ran about $10 each.

Bry
03-30-2015, 07:25 AM
Guh, I'm jealous. I had so many chances to pick up the S3/S4 releases for cheap, but kept leaving them on the shelf because hey, they were totally gonna collect them all in season sets next, right? :tgrumble:

I guess all that's left for a complete-complete set are the Australian(?) release of BTTS, like you acknowledged (and I'm sure that's ridiculously rare and expensive now) and the uncut Turtles Forever (I've got the UK DVD (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1224284&postcount=34), and it's worth it). Though both would need a region-free player.

TMNachoT
03-30-2015, 08:42 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/5zjpuc.jpg

Not counting BTTS, do I have every episode from the 4kids series across these DVD sets? I'm not missing anything, right? & I'm not talking about other discs with similar content, I just want to be sure I have every episode.

Hi, Powder, Id like to ask you something. The seasons sets, do they include the featurettes like the singles volumens? Cheers!

TheSkeletonMan939
03-30-2015, 08:48 AM
Hi, Powder, Id like to ask you something. The seasons sets, do they include the featurettes like the singles volumens? Cheers!

They do not. Aside from a few advertisements for other 4Kids material, I've never seen any special features on the season sets, which is a shame...

evan2000
03-30-2015, 09:45 AM
The best part of loose volumes, aside from the bonus features, is of course the DVD spine art!
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/thegreatescape/021015BGABL08-2.JPG
And more cover art for the matter :trazz:
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/thegreatescape/021015BGABL08-3.JPG

Bry
03-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Oh yeah - the talk of the original DVD extras reminds me that I put a bunch of them up here on a secondary YouTube account (https://www.youtube.com/user/ultimofantastique/videos) years ago. I only had a few of the original releases so it's far from complete, but maybe the rest are online somewhere else? They're not exactly essential, but the bio shorts have some original (I think?) animation and performances that it'd be a shame to lose.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Mutant Nightmare had a lot of them as bonus features.

SophieDem
03-30-2015, 01:09 PM
When were these bad boys released? :D

TMNachoT
03-31-2015, 06:00 PM
They do not. Aside from a few advertisements for other 4Kids material, I've never seen any special features on the season sets, which is a shame...

Cheers for the info!! I like the sets because the save space on your shelf, but the extras are a most, so I have purchased the singles volumens.

Powder
03-31-2015, 06:03 PM
I'd much rather have a higher concentration of episodes per disc than be concerned about features and 3-4 episodes, personally. Anyway, thanks for the info, everybody. Glad to know I've got it all covered. I purchased these years ago, but it wasn't until the other day that I realized I never made sure I had everything, & I worried. If I were missing anything, it'd be a real pain tracking it down now, especially for an affordable price.

sdp
03-31-2015, 06:24 PM
Are the extras really worth it though? What are they? Unless they're deleted scenes I don't care for extras anymore.

Are the DVDs of 2k3 really valuable? I have the two FF season sets and S1 part 1. I would definitely sell them if I could at least break even I think I bought them at $20 each.

Powder
03-31-2015, 06:43 PM
It's mostly stuff like Pete & Lloyd speaking briefly on aspects of the show. Nothing monumental.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-31-2015, 07:02 PM
If I remember correctly, the Pete & Lloyd stuff was like a six-part interview... and the DVDs skipped two parts or something ridiculous like that.

CyberCubed
03-31-2015, 07:10 PM
The only extras people should want are those TMNT profiles and shorts which were about a minute long and had all new animation. They made a bunch of them during Season 1 and another bunch during Season 4. I don't think they've all been collected on DVD.

After that was the Peach Nova shorts made in the BTTS era (the ones that look like Flash animation and were gag oriented), as well as the Mayhem from Mutant Island shorts which combined together make a 14th episode of BTTS.

Sabacooza
03-31-2015, 08:22 PM
The only extras people should want are those TMNT profiles and shorts which were about a minute long and had all new animation. They made a bunch of them during Season 1 and another bunch during Season 4. I don't think they've all been collected on DVD.

After that was the Peach Nova shorts made in the BTTS era (the ones that look like Flash animation and were gag oriented), as well as the Mayhem from Mutant Island shorts which combined together make a 14th episode of BTTS.I got the peach nova shorts on DVD from the guy that worked on them. I was friends with his cousin. There are a few that aren't on the DVD though.

sdp
03-31-2015, 09:37 PM
The Peach Nova shorts were done closer to S4 weren't they? Then with BTTS we got the Mayhem shorts which do form an "episode". Yeah those definitely need to come out as extras on DVDs. And while the Mayhem shorts were rather lackluster I still want them but the Peach Nova shorts were very funny IIRC, at least more than the actual show..

If the Profile/Shorts have new animation then they do deserve to be used as extras. As well as the animation from the PS2/Gamecube games which sometimes had slightly different scenarios and animated scenes that went with them.

The interviews I can definitely do without. Those are the type of extras that are fun to watch only once and never again.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-01-2015, 05:16 AM
I got the peach nova shorts on DVD from the guy that worked on them. I was friends with his cousin. There are a few that aren't on the DVD though.

Oh, man! That's cool! Most of them are 240p on YouTube.

If you're not bound by promise or law... could you share them here?

Sabacooza
04-01-2015, 08:08 AM
Oh, man! That's cool! Most of them are 240p on YouTube.

If you're not bound by promise or law... could you share them here?Yeah, I can put them up. It has been pretty many years since and Peach Nova has put them up on Youtube themselves so I don't see why that would be a problem.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Was it a data DVD (just a disc with the raw files) or an authored DVD with menus and everything?

If it was an authored DVD, could you rip the episodes through a program like MakeMKV that makes exact copies of the videos on the disc, and put 'em on a file hosting site? It would forgo any quality loss.

Sabacooza
04-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Was it a data DVD (just a disc with the raw files) or an authored DVD with menus and everything?

If it was an authored DVD, could you rip the episodes through a program like MakeMKV that makes exact copies of the videos on the disc, and put 'em on a file hosting site? It would forgo any quality loss.It's an authored disc but it doesn't have any menus. I'm missing one or two episodes and the one episode I do have wasn't encoded properly. The edges are a bit jagged. Must've been a dv file.

Yeah, I can mess around with MakeMKV and put them in dropbox.

CyberCubed
04-01-2015, 11:32 AM
I wonder did those Peach Nova shorts ever air on TV? I don't ever remember seeing them. It feels like 4kids produced them for no reason because they were never on any of the DVDs and they never aired on TV as far as I recall.

I think the first time we saw them was they were uploaded to the 4kids websites.

Sabacooza
04-01-2015, 11:43 AM
I wonder did those Peach Nova shorts ever air on TV? I don't ever remember seeing them. It feels like 4kids produced them for no reason because they were never on any of the DVDs and they never aired on TV as far as I recall.

I think the first time we saw them was they were uploaded to the 4kids websites.Yes, they aired on TV.

Sabacooza
04-01-2015, 12:05 PM
I can certainly do that.

sdp
04-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Yeah I'd like a copy as well, maybe it's best if they're uploaded to Mega dropbox or a similar service. And yeah they did air on TV many times around the time S4 was airing I think.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Well at this point you might make a thread for them, Sabacooza. :P Thanks for doing this!

Those Peach Nova animations were short but sweet. They had a special charm about them... they were ludicrous enough to be funny, but not too over-the-top to be considered out of the show's continuity.

Sabacooza
04-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Well at this point you might make a thread for them, Sabacooza. :P Thanks for doing this!Apparently a thread was already created. I'll post over there as well.

The quality isn't as nice as I remember but still way better than what's online. There really isn't much difference between MKV and MP4 that I've seen when converting/ encoding so I went with the MP4 which would probably be more accessible to most people.

A few things to note. Some of these look darker than others and have a little white bar at the bottom. That's how they looked when I got them so there's not much I can do about that but crop them but I'm not even going to go there at this point. I'm also missing one episode for sure which is "Aerial Assault". I'm not sure how many were actually made.

Second thought, there is a slight difference in quality so if anyone has to have an MKV file let me know.

If anyone else is interested in getting these, you can PM me for now. just let me know if you want the MKV or MP4.

Longview01
04-03-2015, 05:25 PM
No FF or BTTS?

Powder
04-03-2015, 05:35 PM
FF is there & BTTS was not released in the US so I don't have a copy.

Jeff
04-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Here's my complete (sans BttS) collection. Bought every one day of release.

http://imgur.com/AHpD3SQ,6fsX11H

Shiro Kame
04-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Guh, I'm jealous. I had so many chances to pick up the S3/S4 releases for cheap, but kept leaving them on the shelf because hey, they were totally gonna collect them all in season sets next, right? :tgrumble:

I guess all that's left for a complete-complete set are the Australian(?) release of BTTS, like you acknowledged (and I'm sure that's ridiculously rare and expensive now) and the uncut Turtles Forever (I've got the UK DVD (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1224284&postcount=34), and it's worth it). Though both would need a region-free player.

Yeah, that was a real kick in the pants for me when I went to try and buy the season sets 3 years AFTER Laird sold the rights to Viacom and the DVDs were discontinued. I really wish I tried to get them when I was younger...

Davin
04-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Here's my complete (sans BttS) collection. Bought every one day of release.

http://imgur.com/AHpD3SQ,6fsX11H

Was there a mistake with the spine art between Shredder Strikes Back and Notes From the Underground? The art looks the same.

EDIT: Evan2000's earlier post looks correct, anyone know the deal?

TheSkeletonMan939
04-11-2015, 04:52 AM
The morons at 4Kids printed off incorrect spines for some copies.

I think cases with the correct spine artwork are harder to find.

Jeff
04-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Its bothered me for 12 years now, and I dont know which one is rarer but ive seen the correct spine more often

xbennoda
06-01-2015, 03:33 PM
*Sniffs* :tcry: That is the most beautiful collection I have ever seen... *Screams internally cause I can't have them*

Haha, cheers to you! You're lucky!;)

Danetello
06-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Here is my 2k3 collection, along with some other random TMNT discs that haven't been sorted properly into their appropriate series collections yet, LOL. The only release I am missing from 2k3 is vol. 3.6 H.A.T.E. But I do have a just a disc with the episodes on that a friend so kindly acquired for me, without box. It resides tucked inside one of the other DVD boxes pictured here, LOL.

One thing that really bugs me is that my copy of Notes from the Underground is one of the ones with the duplicate spine that were produced in error. I never got around to replacing it with the correct one. Urgh. Maybe someday!

The three sitting on the top are unwanted duplicates.

Note the BTTS at the end ;) :D

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/309/18462132395_ac4c86e41c_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/u8rfKv)

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/332/18274318158_f54d021126_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/tQQE81)

THGhost
06-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Man, I do wish Nick would hurry up and re-release this show. I'm nowhere near rich enough to buy all those OOP DVDs.

Only if he bought them now. If you bought them as they released, they ran about $10 each.

How was anyone to know that they'd actually finish the series and they'd go OOP though? :P

TMNTmousers
08-03-2015, 05:14 AM
I have Back to the Sewer Something Wicked and City Under Siege, someone looking for them?

TMNachoT
08-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Man, I do wish Nick would hurry up and re-release this show. I'm nowhere near rich enough to buy all those OOP DVDs.

How was anyone to know that they'd actually finish the series and they'd go OOP though? :P

Funny thing, even if I have most of the dvds, im looking forward to buy a full set, something similar like the fred wolf van set, thatd be awesome.

Danetello
08-03-2015, 08:41 AM
I have a Michelangelo's Christmas DVD going spare. It's the only DVD (currently) to contain the episode 'The Christmas Aliens.'

evan2000
08-03-2015, 08:49 AM
I have Back to the Sewer Something Wicked and City Under Siege, someone looking for them?

I'm sure there are plenty of people looking for them, such as this person:

I'm looking for both of the Back to the Sewers Australian DVDs (Something Wicked and City Under Siege). If anybody has these, one or both, and is willing to part with them, I'm willing to pay a generous (but reasonable) price. Thanks!

THGhost
08-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Funny thing, even if I have most of the dvds, im looking forward to buy a full set, something similar like the fred wolf van set, thatd be awesome.

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-season-6-14-polly-wanna-pizza-episode-140-michelangelo-parrot-ditto-tmnt-review-guide-list.jpg

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-03-2015, 03:48 PM

Like the Battleshell!