PDA

View Full Version : The Sega Thread!

Mew
03-31-2015, 04:54 PM
Sega.
What are your opinions?
Personally, I like early Sega. Sonic is great, and I have an obsession with him hehe.
Well not all Sonic is good. But, come here to talk and discuss, Sega!:o

MutantBear
03-31-2015, 05:10 PM
Sega.
What are your opinions?
Personally, I like early Sega. Sonic is great, and I have an obsession with him hehe.
Well not all Sonic is good. But, come here to talk and discuss, Sega!:o

Early Sega is cool, also, Sonic Unleashed and Colours are awesome. I think the honest reason why Sega is not doing well with Sonic is because they keep trying to change him. They need to stick to a formula, if they wish for success they're going to have to use a formula. Like, Sonic Unleashed and Colours started the formula, but then Lost World came and Boom. All we can hope for is that the new movie is good, which I am not sure about.

DarkFell
03-31-2015, 05:35 PM
Sega was my first gaming console, but my SEGA game library at the time was rather small. Therefore I would have to say that my fave faves (and this is from my enjoyment of the games) were:

Best Sonic games: Sonic 3 and Knuckles *that Sonic & Knuckles lock on game cartridge idea was pretty cool - even though it played just on two Sonic games.
I play around with putting non-Sonic games into The S & K cartridge and play with the Special Stage cheat. NO WAY! NO WAY? turns into GET BLUE SPHERES!
Sonic 2 and Knuckles comes in second.
Sonic 1 was okay and Sonic Spinball was just...
I think I would have enjoyed Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine though.

The first Jurassic Park game - that game was really fun ..when you play as the raptor. The Alan Grant levels were a pain for me.

One SEGA game that I halfway enjoyed *and it is also playable on non SEGA game consoles* was the first Vector Man game. I also played Altered Beast, Primal Rage, Comix Zone, Sword of Vermillion, BattleToads, Flash Back, and HyperStone Heist.

I would like to play Gargoyles, Earthworm Jim, and maybe Animaniacs.

Prowler
03-31-2015, 06:58 PM
Sega was pretty good in the 90s. The Mega Drive/Genesis despite not being as good as the SNES, was still a pretty good console. Also, Sega Saturn is underrated. The console itself was rushed and certainly had some issues. Nitendo 64 and the PS1 were better options but Saturn wasn't terrible either. It had quite a nice amount of good games. Racing games such as Daytona USA and Sega Rally Championship were a blast back in the day. Remember playing the arcade versions of those games in the mid-90s? Also, Saturn had great fighting games: Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Virtual On and Fighters Megamix were all pretty great fighters.

Both MD and Saturn were the only Sega consoles I've ever owned, although I got MD years after it came out and only had a few games: Sonic 1, FIFA 97 or 98(can't recall), The Lion King and a Micro Machines game. Didn't get to play many of its classics until the current century. Also had a Game Gear as a kid but man that thing was a ripoff. Shinobi was a good game, though.

I've never played on a DreamCast but would love to someday since it had a pretty good library despite having such a short lifespan. I won't die before playing Shenmue.

Netkeeper
04-01-2015, 01:47 AM
The lack of Dreamcast discussion in this thread disappoints Netkeeper! Now that is an interesting console with some unique games. I won't say it's the best, not by a long shot, but I love my Dreamcast. I will be rather typical and say that yeah, Sonic Adventure 2 got played more than anything else on it, but I really enjoy the Marvel vs Capcom games, Crazy Taxi is THE game to play when someone wants to watch you play video games, and oh yeah the console can play burned games so have fun pirating things. You can even play imports by popping in a single disc to bypass region locking. HELLO, REZ.

The Genesis/Mega Drive is great, too. I don't think there's a single Genesis owner that DIDN'T own Altered Beast at some point. My brother and I speculate that even if one doesn't remember buying their copy, they end up with one anyway -- it just spawns out of nowhere. Luckily, it's a great game. I'm also partial to the weirdness that is Ecco the Dolphin.

Oh yeah and the SEGA CD was a thing that existed... a behemoth of an add-on that made your Genesis twice as big and sounded like a fun concept but mine never worked wortha **** so I wouldn't be able to tell you what was any good on it.

I regrettably never owned a Saturn, but if I did I'd probably grab a Japanese one in all honesty, the console got much better treatment over there.

I did, however, own both a Nomad [which was North American only, IIRC? Or maybe Europe just didn't get it, I can't remember which was the case] and a Game Gear. I really liked my Game Gear! But that thing was like some kind of battery vampire so I sold it. And my Nomad doesn't even work and it rarely did, so I'm stuck with it.

I did not have good luck with SEGA technology, I realise.

ProactiveMan
04-01-2015, 04:37 AM
I don't think there's a single Genesis owner that DIDN'T own Altered Beast at some point. My brother and I speculate that even if one doesn't remember buying their copy, they end up with one anyway -- it just spawns out of nowhere. Luckily, it's a great game.

Didn't it come with the console?

I was indoctrinated into irrational Sega loathing as a kid. I read a magazine at the time called Nintendo Magazine System, which was openly hostile towards Sega, and the letters page routinely featured crudely drawn violence perpetrated on a certain blue hedgehog. Pretty dumb in retrospect, but still slightly amusing.

My cousins had a Master System II, which was OK, and a few of my friends had Mega Drives, and we had a lot of fun playing Altered Beast, the less lame version of Mortal Kombat, and the sucks version of MKII.

Netkeeper
04-01-2015, 04:56 AM
I wouldn't know, mine was a hand-me-down and came with all the Sonic games, Mortal Kombat, both Eccos, and a few other things I don't remember.

sdp
04-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Shredder (admin) would be proud of this thread. While I've always been a Nintendo fanboy I absolutely loved Sega, sad how that company tumbled to mediocrity. I have an unopened Dreamcast I bought a few years back but I'll be selling that soon. I also own one of those Sega Master System handhelds that had 20 games I bought at Target for 15 bucks many years ago, I guess that one will go as well. Plenty of fond Sega memories from the time I let a friend borrow my SNES and he let me borrow his Genesis to always playing those Sega kiosks at stores to finally playing Sega games in my house when they went third party and released their back catalog.

Peanut
04-01-2015, 11:18 AM
My thing with Sega has always been that their games are routed very deeply in the arcade mindset and I've always enjoyed console style games specifically. Not all of their stuff is like that, obviously, but a great deal of it is and I find it much harder to appreciate. I think that split focus on arcade/console games and their inability to really separate those two very different design philosophies is, among other much more obvious things, what led to their eventual downfall. It was impossible for them to compete with the much deeper offerings of Sony and Nintendo when they were putting out stuff like Crazy Taxi and Zombie Revenge at the same price point. The western market shifted so hard from arcade games that Sega really had nowhere to go.

I do still love and have incredible nostalgia for a lot of Sega stuff, though. At the top of their game they were incredibly wacky and creative in a way I really appreciate. It's the kind of wacky charm Nintendo has never been able to match or, in my opinion, even come close to. Still patiently waiting on that Segagaga translation patch.

Wingnut
04-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Dreamcast was responsible for two hallmark moments in my gaming life.

1. My first real online game (PSO)

2. First game I audibly uttered "HOLY SH*T" because of the graphics (SoulCalibur)

Still chasing that dragon man...

Cure
04-01-2015, 11:54 AM
1. My first real online game (PSO)

That's true for me, too, actually.

LeotheLateBloomer
04-01-2015, 08:19 PM
The Genesis was one of my favorite systems as a kid. From Sonic, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Columns, etc. My parents I believe bought me the system since they knew I loved video games. While I prefer the SNES, the Genesis still remains a console that I go back to a lot.

Part of me wants to see Sega come back as a console manufacturer but another part of me doesn't since that would mean no more Sonic in SSB.

Leo656
04-01-2015, 08:36 PM
I like Sega. Didn't really grow up with it, since we were a Nintendo household. Nintendo "block", really; it was a small town where everyone knew and hung out with each other, and pretty much none of the kids had both, you either had an SNES or a Genesis. It was about 75% SNES kids, maybe even 80%, but a few still had the Genesis. Like always, you had a few kids who were"fanboyish" about which one was "better", but most of them were pretty honest; even if they preferred one over the other, they still always wished they had the console they didn't own, too.

Most of my Genesis memories were from when I'd spend a couple weeks at my cousin's place over the summer. They had money, so they had both systems, and I got to play a lot of stuff I wouldn't normally get to. We mostly played Sonic, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Bonanza Brothers, Mortal Kombat, stuff like that. Oddly, even though a lot of my friends were TMNT fans, I never knew anyone who had either "Hyperstone Heist" or the Genesis version of "Tournament Fighters". To this day I still haven't played either.

I was curious about the Sega CD, but I wasn't impressed when I played a little of it over a friend's house. Never messed with the 32X or the Saturn, but when the Dreamcast came out, I played Sonic Adventure in a weekend over my cousin's place and loved it. I had every intention of picking it up soon after, but I actually never got around to it until like two years later, and like a week later, a friend asked to borrow it aaaaaaaand I never got it back. Never even got to buy more than one game for it. I don't ever do anyone any favors ever since. Not ever. :lol:

So yeah, I had some fun with Sega systems and games but mostly through other people. Honestly only got to enjoy most of the best-known games fairly recently with the various compilations.

TheCanadiandrome
04-01-2015, 09:57 PM
i traded my buddy my NES for his Genesis and always thought i got the better end of that deal, lol :lol:

I own a Game Gear and a Nomad and i love them both

tried and loved the Master System; never tried a Saturn; The Sega CD was a cool periferal, as was the 32X; wanted to but never tried the Dreamcast

Nameless
04-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Sega game gear was awesome... other then being an unwieldy thing haha... loved the duck tales game that was on it...

Memphis
04-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Comix Zone 2 pl0x.

TheCanadiandrome
04-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Sega game gear was awesome... other then being an unwieldy thing haha... loved the duck tales game that was on it...

lol yes but that never bothered me; neither did the whole battery issue, mainly cause i got a battery pack

LeotheLateBloomer
04-01-2015, 11:53 PM
I like Sega. Didn't really grow up with it, since we were a Nintendo household. Nintendo "block", really; it was a small town where everyone knew and hung out with each other, and pretty much none of the kids had both, you either had an SNES or a Genesis. It was about 75% SNES kids, maybe even 80%, but a few still had the Genesis. Like always, you had a few kids who were"fanboyish" about which one was "better", but most of them were pretty honest; even if they preferred one over the other, they still always wished they had the console they didn't own, too.

Most of my Genesis memories were from when I'd spend a couple weeks at my cousin's place over the summer. They had money, so they had both systems, and I got to play a lot of stuff I wouldn't normally get to. We mostly played Sonic, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Bonanza Brothers, Mortal Kombat, stuff like that. Oddly, even though a lot of my friends were TMNT fans, I never knew anyone who had either "Hyperstone Heist" or the Genesis version of "Tournament Fighters". To this day I still haven't played either.

I was curious about the Sega CD, but I wasn't impressed when I played a little of it over a friend's house. Never messed with the 32X or the Saturn, but when the Dreamcast came out, I played Sonic Adventure in a weekend over my cousin's place and loved it. I had every intention of picking it up soon after, but I actually never got around to it until like two years later, and like a week later, a friend asked to borrow it aaaaaaaand I never got it back. Never even got to buy more than one game for it. I don't ever do anyone any favors ever since. Not ever. :lol:

So yeah, I had some fun with Sega systems and games but mostly through other people. Honestly only got to enjoy most of the best-known games fairly recently with the various compilations.

Did you ever pick up the Gamecube version?

Leo656
04-02-2015, 02:09 AM
Yeah, I actually played the one for Gamecube more.

Ninjinister
04-02-2015, 02:38 AM
My literal favorite game ever is Streets of Rage 2. I will re-buy that game as many times as I can just because.

Netkeeper
04-02-2015, 04:30 AM
Still patiently waiting on that Segagaga translation patch.
Nothing would make me happier to be honest.

LeotheLateBloomer
04-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I actually played the one for Gamecube more.

Between Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, which one do you prefer? Anyone can answer this question, by the way.

Netkeeper
04-02-2015, 11:33 AM
2. The control is a bit more precise and less slippery, the lack of useless hub worlds appealed to me, I liked its music better overall, and of course the only reason anybody played it

that Chao Garden was ****ing flawless

Peanut
04-02-2015, 11:45 AM
They're both range from mediocre to awful and have aged like sh*t, but I always liked 2 more.

Leo656
04-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Really have to say the first one by default; I played that one a few times and only played the second one like twice. So it's tough to compare being that I'm more familiar with the first. I like 'em both fine, though.

blindturtle02
04-02-2015, 04:00 PM
God, this console. Favorite games were MK III and some Power Rangers game where you basically play through half of season 1. That one was a fighting game as well, I think. I had MK III on SNES but loved the sound effects better on the Sega version. To me, that one sounded more like the arcade game. Loved the playable bosses too. I only wish they'd tweaked them so they'd be equal to the other characters when facing them in VS or arcade ladder. I only used them when I was by myself because I didn't want to be cheap. lol Anywho, good times. I also had a blast with Sonic II. At least I think that was the one that came with my cousins Sega she got one Christmas. This would have been in 93. She sold her's before I got the chance to play III.

DarkFell
04-02-2015, 06:08 PM
God, this console. Favorite games were MK III and some Power Rangers game where you basically play through half of season 1. That one was a fighting game as well, I think. I had MK III on SNES but loved the sound effects better on the Sega version. To me, that one sounded more like the arcade game. Loved the playable bosses too. I only wish they'd tweaked them so they'd be equal to the other characters when facing them in VS or arcade ladder. I only used them when I was by myself because I didn't want to be cheap. lol Anywho, good times. I also had a blast with Sonic II. At least I think that was the one that came with my cousins Sega she got one Christmas. This would have been in 93. She sold her's before I got the chance to play III.
If you look around, you can get Sonic 3 for a good price. It's definitely worth playing. It's really a blast if you have the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge - more levels, more Special Stages, and better boss music too.

blindturtle02
04-02-2015, 07:55 PM
I might just have to do that. I never knew too much about Knuckles since I was pretty much forced to quit playing before he debuted, but he seems like an interesting character. Just one of many reasons why I probably should have gone with a Sega back in the day.

Prowler
04-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Isn't Sonic Adventure considered one of the best DC games and arguably the best 3d Sonic game? Has it really aged that badly?

Peanut
04-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Isn't Sonic Adventure considered one of the best DC games and arguably the best 3d Sonic game? Has it really aged that badly?

By people who don't know sh*t about video games and/or have awful taste? Sure. And you could argue it wasn't a very good game to begin with, but yes, it has aged horribly.

It has serious nostalgia shielding though, so you still won't get many original fans to admit it.

Prowler
04-03-2015, 03:07 PM
By people who don't know sh*t about video games and/or have awful taste? Sure. And you could argue it wasn't a very good game to begin with, but yes, it has aged horribly.

It has serious nostalgia shielding though, so you still won't get many original fans to admit it.
So this begs the question: Is there any good 3d Sonic game? Colors got some good reviews...

Ninjinister
04-03-2015, 04:02 PM
All I remember from the Sonic Adventure games other than the badass music is how many damn times I would either fall right off of the stage as soon as I was able to pick up speed, or just straight up glitch right through the ground.

Netkeeper
04-03-2015, 04:34 PM
I never experienced any glitches myself. Never understood how that happened to people.

I never finished Colours -- it just wasn't really all that exciting. It was bland as far as Sonic games go. Good? Yeah, sure, but I get bored of playing as just Sonic all the time. At least let us pick Tails ffs, I like flying around levels. Probably the main reason why the Genesis and Advance games got so much play time out of me.

That said, I actually liked Generations a lot, and Black Knight was also fun, but deeply flawed I will admit. It just so happened to hit on a lot of quirks I like in my games so it's a guilty pleasure.

DarkFell
04-03-2015, 06:31 PM
So this begs the question: Is there any good 3d Sonic game? Colors got some good reviews...
I don't know if I would call it good, but you can try your hand at Sonic 3D Blast on either the MegaDrive or on the Saturn. *The game was released for both Sega consoles.*

Netkeeper
04-04-2015, 04:47 AM
Don't play Sonic 3D Blast unless you like motion sickness.

Leo656
04-04-2015, 04:54 AM
Haha, yeah. I didn't really like that one. It was kind of slow and boring for a Sonic game.

Netkeeper
04-04-2015, 08:44 AM
It was all right on its own and I loved its music, but I literally couldn't play past the first stage without getting motion sickness.

Ninjinister
04-04-2015, 10:35 AM
Like I said, my memory of Adventure 1/2 is hazy, but I'm pretty sure I preferred 3D Blast to either.

Prowler
04-04-2015, 01:44 PM
I have played Sonic 3d Blast before(I own the GC version of Sonic Collection) and it was pretty bad. It was the MD/Genesis version but what's different in the Saturn version other than better graphics?

Agreed on the motion sickness part, btw.

Peanut
04-04-2015, 03:38 PM
So this begs the question: Is there any good 3d Sonic game?

Remove the bolded and I think you have a far more interesting discussion.

Wingnut
04-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Remove the bolded and I think you have a far more interesting discussion.
Sonic CD was solid, that's all I'd have to add to that discussion.

Cure
04-04-2015, 05:29 PM
I remember buying Sonic CD on the 360 and being super excited since I never played it and so many people claimed it was the best 2D Sonic ever.

That's when I learned that people are filthy liars.

Prowler
04-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Sonic CD was solid, that's all I'd have to add to that discussion.
What about Sonic 2? Best Sonic game by far, imo. 3 & Knuckles was nice, too. 1... has some flaws.

Mew
04-04-2015, 06:27 PM
I remember buying Sonic CD on the 360 and being super excited since I never played it and so many people claimed it was the best 2D Sonic ever.

https://happykatana.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/sonic_cd_creepy_hidden_message_by_caten_the_magicb ird-d54323q.png

Ninjinister
04-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Don't we have a Sonic thread already?

Mew
04-05-2015, 04:49 AM
Don't we have a Sonic thread already?
Not just about Sonic, about Sega in general.

Netkeeper
04-05-2015, 05:18 AM
I have played Sonic 3d Blast before(I own the GC version of Sonic Collection) and it was pretty bad. It was the MD/Genesis version but what's different in the Saturn version other than better graphics?

Agreed on the motion sickness part, btw.
Better graphics and music, I believe.

Probably no better in the "not giving you ****ing motion sickness" department, though.

Yeah, I played it way back when and the first time I saw people on the internet claiming it was so good really confused me. My Sega CD hardly worked at all so I can't imagine how anybody managed to even play past a few levels.

I got the Steam release of the game, but I still haven't played much of it. It's... weird.

3 and Knuckles was a masterpiece, though. I'll never understand people that preferred 2, when 3/Knuckles was literally the same game with longer levels and better playable characters. There's nothing better than playing as Tails, let me tell you.

Peanut
04-05-2015, 07:39 AM
3 and Knuckles was a masterpiece, though. I'll never understand people that preferred 2, when 3/Knuckles was literally the same game with longer levels and better playable characters.

Nah. 2 is the gold standard of Sonic games. 3 and Knuckles are both overwrought as all f*ck. The level design is all over the place, because you have a character in Knuckles who outright breaks Sonic level design and they try to account for it ever so slightly, but not near enough to make it work properly. Sonic 2 is beautiful in it's simplicity in that respect, while still being more complex than the relatively barren Sonic 1.

Prowler
04-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Nah. 2 is the gold standard of Sonic games. 3 and Knuckles are both overwrought as all f*ck. The level design is all over the place, because you have a character in Knuckles who outright breaks Sonic level design and they try to account for it ever so slightly, but not near enough to make it work properly. Sonic 2 is beautiful in it's simplicity in that respect, while still being more complex than the relatively barren Sonic 1.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles is fine but it has the issues you've mentioned and I also think the levels are a bit too long. They just drag and drag.

Peanut
04-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Indeed. The level design in both are poor. There are some standouts, but mostly it all just feels like far too much. Longer levels weren't a positive IMO.

Netkeeper
04-05-2015, 11:43 AM
I found them a positive, personally. They weren't too long where timing out was something that happened when you knew what you were doing [though I will admit it did happen to me] and I like all the different parts of a level to explore. I like being rewarded when I fly around like crazy. You couldn't even fly at all in 2.

Sure, 2 was great, but after playing 3 and Knuckles I don't like going back.

Prowler
04-05-2015, 11:53 AM
I found them a positive, personally. They weren't too long where timing out was something that happened when you knew what you were doing [though I will admit it did happen to me] and I like all the different parts of a level to explore. I like being rewarded when I fly around like crazy. You couldn't even fly at all in 2.

Sure, 2 was great, but after playing 3 and Knuckles I don't like going back.
The first two zones weren't dragged out, although Angel island zone act 2 had a bit of a frustrating level design if I recall. Hydrocity Zone was great, though.

Marble Garden Zone was boring and just went on and on and on and on ugh... Carnival Night Zone wasn't as bad but still kinda dragged on a bit.

Netkeeper
04-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Marble Garden is my favourite zone in any Sonic game. ;n;

Prowler
04-05-2015, 12:40 PM
It's one of my least favorites. :P

Favorite zone? Chemical Plant Zone or Hydrocity Zone, perhaps.

Bizarro
04-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Sonic was the first game I ever played on Sega, on my first console...Never forget

I did play Mario, but it was on a friends console until I got mine

Peanut
04-05-2015, 04:57 PM

Oh, man. I've never heard anything but contempt for Marble Garden! What do you like about it exactly?

Mew
04-05-2015, 04:58 PM
I like Chemical Plant and Blue Hill Zone.

Netkeeper
04-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Oh, man. I've never heard anything but contempt for Marble Garden! What do you like about it exactly?
Its music, scenery, breath of fresh air after A ****ING WATER LEVEL, so many areas to fly around in, and those grasshopper enemies -- I used to love trying to time my jumps right so I could hit one after the other without touching the ground.

Oh and the boss, the best part!

DarkFell
04-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Its music, scenery, breath of fresh air after A ****ING WATER LEVEL, so many areas to fly around in, and those grasshopper enemies -- I used to love trying to time my jumps right so I could hit one after the other without touching the ground.

Oh and the boss, the best part!
Marble Garden was alright, although it was a lot more fun IMO getting all of the Emeralds. It was almost for survival's sake just to get Knuckles to collect the Chaos Emeralds; otherwise I would feel nothing but contempt beating Mecha-Robotnik at the end of the level.

Carnival Night was okay, Ice Cap was fun when Sonic was snowboarding down the snow mountain and throughout the zone, and I would have to say that Mushroom Hill, Lava Reef, Sky Sanctuary, Death Egg, and Doomsday were my fave levels because I usually still had either the Chaos Emeralds or the Super Emeralds at those levels.

TMNT_Guy
04-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Pulseman is one of my favorite Genesis games, but since we’re talking about the classic Sonic platformers.

Sonic 1 is good, though I much prefer the Master System version. Sonic 2 is my least favortie in the trilogy. The game starts to drag on for me by Hill Top Zone. By the time I get to Oil Ocean Zone I'm bored and by the time I get to Metropolis Zone Act 3 I'm ready to turn the game off. It picks up from Sky Chase and on though. Thought Sonic Spinball was fun. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is my favorite in the classic trilogy. Sonic CD is good, but it’s designed with exploration in mind so it’s best played like a Metroidvania type game. Sonic 3D Blast doesn’t do anything wrong, but it doesn’t do anything interesting either. The music (both versions) was good though. Knuckles’ Chaotix is one of the most boring games I’ve ever played, but the graphics and music are great.

Sonic 2 for the Master System would have been alright if finding all the Chaos Emeralds wasn’t such a chore. Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble are fun but they both have terribly frustrating Special Stages. Tails Adventure is a fun little Metroidvania game that I think needs more attention.

turtle1237
04-06-2015, 06:48 PM
I loved Sonic and Streets of Rage as the next person, but my favorite Sega game of ALL time had to be Shining Force 1 and 2.

You have 2 great rpg games here, The first game to avenge your fallen master Varios, and your king, by kicking Runefest butt and taking names as the hero Max, who leads a army to defeat the Runefest army. My personal favorite person from that game is the elf wizard Tao. She was real cute. Her blaze attack kick so much butt, in fact ALL the wizards in that game were pretty much over power. You can just have Tao, Anri, Domoage, and Alef on your team alone(Impossible, only 12 slots allow.) and they would blast though any enemy army in a few well time shots. Yeah the Wizards for the most part are made of glass, but there attack is just so powerful, they could pretty much destroy any thing before they close in.

Ninjinister
04-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Not just about Sonic, about Sega in general.

My point is/was...

That the conversation was turning super heavily Sonic-y.

Wingnut
04-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Any ToeJam & Earl players out there?

DarkFell
04-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Any ToeJam & Earl players out there?
Is that game a lot of fun? If so, then I might wanna play that title too.
I was rather surprised to see that TJ&E didn't make the cut in that Genesis game collection for the PS2.
Altered Beast, both Vector Man games, Ristar, the first two Ecco The Dolphin games, the first two Sonic games, and quite a few other titles made it onto the game disc, but TJ&E didn't make it in.

TheBlueTurtle1
04-07-2015, 12:43 AM
TJ&E was always one of the weakest games IMO. Still Looking forward to seeing how the new one turns out.

Wingnut
04-07-2015, 01:13 AM
TJ&E was always one of the weakest games IMO. Still Looking forward to seeing how the new one turns out.
Crappy game(s) indeed. Just taking a trip down memory lane.

TJ&E still have potential as characters and the new one has my curiosity. Fourth time's a charm, I guess.

Mew
04-07-2015, 04:03 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0e/Comix_Zone_Coverart.png
Really good game.